PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age d20

Imbasel
2010-08-22, 10:11 AM
Hey, everybody, I want to ask if anybody would be interested in working on a Dragon Age d20 using Star Wars SAGA as the base rules.

I know there is an official Dragon Age game, but I've looked at it and don't really like it, and I don't think it captures the feel.

So, here is what I envision. Talents from the game would remain as talents in SW SAGA, for the most part, although a fair few would be feats. The base classes would be Warrior, Mage, Rouge, and Noble. So is anyone interested at all?

Yora
2010-08-22, 10:30 AM
While I'm currently working on a BESM campaign, I think Saga is the perfect system to make a Dragon Age game. The Talent system is very similar to that of Dragon Age, and even the force power system fits mages very well.

Imbasel
2010-08-22, 10:42 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking. So would you like to help work on it. I'll get the mage up later today.

Yora
2010-08-22, 10:46 AM
I certainly could review stuff, as I like Saga and Dragon Age very much. But as said, I'm currently in the middle of building a setting and adjusting a system myself, so I'm not available for any writing stuff.

Imbasel
2010-08-22, 10:47 AM
That works out well with me. I just realized how busy I am too with HP d20 as well. I guess I'm just in a homebrewing frenzy.

Kish
2010-08-22, 10:56 AM
Why would noble be a class? The nobles you can be/fight in Dragon Age belong to the classes that are classes in the game.

*valiantly resists saying anything about cosmetics...oops*

Yora
2010-08-22, 11:00 AM
One thing to consider is how close to the game you want the classes to be.

At the very least, you need 4 races (human, elf, dwarf, qunari), 3 classes, 12 prestige classes, and probably all the spells.
However, I think it's a better idea not to emulate all the warrior and rogue abilities and instead stick to what feats and talents can be salvaged from SWS. It's less work and also less likely to completely screw the system up.
Skills I would leave almost completely untouched, expect for removing those that are directly related to high tech equipment.
What's left is weapons and armor, which shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.

While nobles aren't a class in DA, I think the class would work quite well in an d20 game. But then, you'd also have to provide four specializations for them.

Imbasel
2010-08-22, 09:50 PM
And here is the Mage.

Mage
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Class Features
1st|
+0|Defense Bonus, Starting Feats, Talent
2nd|
+1|Bonus Feat
3rd|
+2|Talent
4th|
+3|Bonus Feat
5th|
+3|Talent
6th|
+4|Bonus Feat
7nd|
+5|Talent
8nd|
+6|Bonus Feat
9nd|
+6|Talent
10th|
+7|Bonus Feat
11th|
+8|Talent
12th|
+9|Bonus Feat
13th|
+9|Talent
14th|
+10|Bonus Feat
15th|
+11|Talent
16th|
+12|Bonus Feat
17th|
+12|Talent
18th|
+13|Bonus Feat
19th|
+14|Talent
20th|
+15|Bonus Feat
[/table]

Bit tired so I will make the skills known list tomorrow, and some talents.