PDA

View Full Version : First Level Only Feat Brew

Andion Isurand
2010-08-23, 03:24 AM
IDEAL MUSCULATURE
Your existing musculature is compact and economical, matched exceptionally well to your frame with regard to both form and function, and performs above normal expectations.
Benefit: For the purpose of encumberence, skill checks, ability checks and grapple checks, treat the strength score of your true form as being 2 points higher than its actual value.
Special: This feat may only be taken at 1st level.

COLLEGIATE WIZARD (revised)
You have undergone extensive training in a formal school for wizards.
Prerequsites: Wizard level 1st
Benefit: You start play with a second spellbook of identical size and make, containing three 1st-level spells of your choosing. Each time you gain a wizard level, you may add four spells to your spellbook(s) without additional research. In addition, you gain a +2 bonus on Knowledge (arcana) checks.
Normal: 1st level wizards begin play with one spellbook that contains all 0-level wizard spells and three 1st-level spells plus one per point of intelligence bonus. They may add two spells per wizard level to their spellbooks without additional research.
Special: You can take this feat only as a 1st-level character.

DragonOfUndeath
2010-08-23, 04:17 AM
dwarf with ideal musculature :smallbiggrin:

DracoDei
2010-08-23, 08:15 PM
...plus three 1st-level spells of your choice. For each point of Intelligence bonus the wizard has, the spellbook holds one additional 1st-level spell of your choice.
You got your Normal section for the second feat wrong.

Andion Isurand
2010-08-23, 08:54 PM
The feat only doubles the spells you get from class levels, not from intelligence bonus at first level.

All I did was give the wizard a second spellbook to hold all the extra spells they will get.

Temotei
2010-08-23, 08:59 PM
The feat only doubles the spells you get from class levels, not from intelligence bonus at first level.

All I did was give the wizard a second spellbook to hold all the extra spells they will get.

Your "Normal" section is still wrong, though.

Andion Isurand
2010-08-23, 09:00 PM
Man, the thread reeks of my brain fart now.

DrWeird
2010-08-23, 09:03 PM
I would suggest that taking this would require no other feats could be taken at level one. There's no real downside, because whatever other feats they wanted at level one can be taken at level two, or right next to it. Maybe if there was some counterbalancing but weak disadvantage...

Andion Isurand
2010-08-23, 09:07 PM
Well, this is how first level only feats have always worked since they were introduced. They were basically something extra for having a specific regional background or ancestry... plus you only get one of them per character. Off the top of my head, the only first level only feat I know of that includes a draw back is troll-blooded.

Mongoose87
2010-08-24, 07:46 AM
I would suggest that taking this would require no other feats could be taken at level one. There's no real downside, because whatever other feats they wanted at level one can be taken at level two, or right next to it. Maybe if there was some counterbalancing but weak disadvantage...

You only get one feat at level one, unless you're human.

The-Mage-King
2010-08-24, 07:48 AM
You only get one feat at level one, unless you're human.

Or you take flaws.

Latronis
2010-08-24, 07:57 AM
I deal musculature should have a minimum charisma prereq :D

well at least not a penalty