How many ways are there?
Cleric 1
Dread necro 1
???
???
???
Domain: Undeath
Take the feat at normal lvls
Take the feat as a bonus feat with certain classes.
Take the feat via flaws.
What classes?

Just normal turns/rebukes. Or at least those that qualify for divine metamagics.
Need MOAR persists now.

Tetrasodium
2010-08-24, 06:22 PM
There is a prc in complete divine(?) called sacred exorcist or something that gives them I think.

Douglas
2010-08-24, 06:28 PM
Cleric with Destroy Undead ACF from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft.
Sacred Exorcist or some other PrC that grants Turn Undead.
Death Delver from Heroes of Horror, which has the unique position of being the only non-cleric class that grants Rebuke Undead without requiring a non-good alignment. This is important because all the PrCs that grant Turn Undead require good, and to really max it out the cleric choice has to be an ACF.

Now add Undeath and Planning domains, as many Extra Turnings as you can cram in, a Reliquary Holy Symbol, and as many Nightsticks as your DM will allow to stack.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-08-24, 11:20 PM
For max DMM able pools, just search my build compendium on BG. It will have everything you need and more.

Escheton
2010-08-25, 02:20 PM
Checked it out, nicely done. Must have taken quite some work.
Confusing here and there though.
Still haven't figured out how you get 8 turnpools.

Extra turning only applies to 1 pool at a time right?

A cleric/dread necro must choose to which side it appies no +4 turns and +4 rebukes per feat right?

Adumbration
2010-08-25, 02:22 PM
You can try and see if your DM allows the use of flaws (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/variantBuildingCharacters.htm). You can take 2 extra Extra turning feats at 1st level if you use those.

Douglas
2010-08-25, 02:53 PM
Extra turning only applies to 1 pool at a time right?

A cleric/dread necro must choose to which side it appies no +4 turns and +4 rebukes per feat right?
No, Extra Turning is quite explicit that it applies to every pool at once. This is why getting extra pools is such a big deal for this kind of thing.

2xMachina
2010-08-25, 02:55 PM
Hmm, you might want to look into items too.

Reliquary Holy Symbol +3
Nightsticks +1

mabriss lethe
2010-08-25, 02:58 PM
Binder 5 with Tenebrous gets a turn/rebuke attempt 1/5 rounds.

Adumbration
2010-08-25, 02:58 PM
Binding Tenebrous from Tome of Magic gives a turn attempt every 5 rounds, but it does require a significant investment in terms of levels in the Binder base class.

EDIT: Ninja'd, at the very same minute. :smallamused:

Escheton
2010-08-25, 03:55 PM
well, I do like me some binder...

So that means that a cleric/dread necro/binder 5 has 3 pools and gets 12 turns per feat and is a persisting god then? Provided he gets a way of actually casteing some spells.
Like via gestalt or something.

Douglas
2010-08-25, 04:00 PM
Binder doesn't really work very well for this. It doesn't give you a new pool of turning, so it doesn't combine with Extra Turning, but rather as a special unique ability gives you 1 use of Turn Undead every 5 rounds. Since you have to spend 7 uses at once to do DMM Persist, this effectively just reduces the cost by 1 per spell and forces you to wait 5 rounds between casting each buff.

Abies
2010-08-26, 05:44 PM
No, Extra Turning is quite explicit that it applies to every pool at once. This is why getting extra pools is such a big deal for this kind of thing.

I'm not entirely sure that RAW supports this. The wording of the feat is:

Each time you take this feat, you can use your ability to turn or rebuke creatures four more times per day than normal.

If you have the ability to turn or rebuke more than one kind of creature each of your turning or rebuking abilities gains four additional uses per day.

The PHB has some additional explanatory text, but besides that the verbiage is identical.

Bare minimum in order for the feat to apply to multiple pools, a character would have to have the ability to T/R at least one other type of creature besides undead. Even then, one would also have to consider each pool of Turn/Rebuke Undead as entirely seperate abilities and not just multiple sources of the same ability. I am not certain every DM would agree with that interpretation. I'd love if they did, but somehow I doubt they would.