PDA

View Full Version : what book are platinum dragon in?

Mystic Muse
2010-08-27, 05:26 PM
Me and a few other posters are trying to make certain monsters playable and this monster has been requested. Can anybody tell me what book they're from so that we can actually make the monster?

Thread is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165439) in case anybody wants to help or request a monster. If you're going to request one, look in the list of done monsters first to make sure you don't ask for one that's already been done.

Abies
2010-08-27, 05:38 PM
The stats for Bahamut are on page 59 of Deities and Demigods. The stats for Avatar of Bahamut is on the very next page. Bahamut being the only Platinum dragon WotC has created and/or statted up, I'd say that's your best starting point.

GhoulPolitician
2010-08-27, 06:04 PM
Bahamut also shows up in the Celestia section of manual of the planes

Erith
2010-08-27, 11:22 PM
If you want to go third party, there is the ascended immortals handbook. It has stats for all 12 age categories. I would... not advise that, though, to say the least.

BobVosh
2010-08-27, 11:24 PM
Is there a book that updated the radiant dragons from 2ed? The big ones in space.

awesomessake
2010-08-27, 11:27 PM
Is there a book that updated the radiant dragons from 2ed? The big ones in space.

3.5 Draconimicon (I don't care if i misspell that) and I'll give you the page number if you want.

If were talking 4e, I don't know for sure, but i think i may have seen something like the radiant dragon in the Dracon. Metallic while flipping through it at B&N

Balain
2010-08-27, 11:53 PM
I would advice against making the platinum dragon playable as he is a god and unique. Unless you make a campaign in which each of the players picks a god to play

Iamyourking
2010-08-28, 12:40 AM
I'd go with Immortals Handbook if I were you, just because it would probably be some sort of masterstroke for you to make a creature that comes out of the egg at CR 29 and peaks at CR 95 playable in anything other than a High Epic-Low Cosmic adventure.

hamishspence
2010-08-28, 09:16 AM
If were talking 4e, I don't know for sure, but i think i may have seen something like the radiant dragon in the Dracon. Metallic while flipping through it at B&N

Mithral dragon is probably closest- immortal, native to the Astral Sea- and even more powerful than the gold dragon.

Kobold-Bard
2010-08-28, 12:18 PM
I'm relatively certain that the OP means a monster called te Platinum Drafon rather than the deity.

I'm dubious of whether they exist TBH.

Mystic Muse
2010-08-28, 05:36 PM
I'm relatively certain that the OP means a monster called te Platinum Drafon rather than the deity.

I'm dubious of whether they exist TBH.

Yeah, that's what I meant. they were requested in that thread and I think if they wanted Bahamut specifically they would have asked for Bahamut not "Platinum dragons"

Mando Knight
2010-08-28, 08:40 PM
Yeah, that's what I meant. they were requested in that thread and I think if they wanted Bahamut specifically they would have asked for Bahamut not "Platinum dragons"

There are no WotC-official sources that have generic platinum dragons. And then by design any game using Bahamut as a player character has to be Epic level at least.

Mystic Muse
2010-08-28, 11:59 PM
There are no WotC-official sources that have generic platinum dragons. And then by design any game using Bahamut as a player character has to be Epic level at least.

Okay, good to know.