PDA

View Full Version : Improving Lay on Hands (D&D 3.5)

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-01, 06:34 AM
Besides improving my Charisma score or gaining more Paladin levels, are there any feats, classes etc. that can increase my Paladin's Lay on Hands.

I'm planning to use the CC feats instead spellcasting option.

Thanks in advance,
K-B

T.G. Oskar
2010-09-01, 07:30 AM
Off the top of my head:
Hands of a Healer: Exalted feat (so maybe you won't have access to it). Treats your Charisma score as 2 higher for purposes of Lay on Hands. It's basically having an entire multiplier added.

Caduceus Bracers: Magic Item. You can expend 5 points of your Lay on Hands to remove status effects (IIRC, fatigue, exhaustion and something else).

Hospitaler: Prestige Class. Not so hard to enter though it locks your fighting style to mounted. Unfortunately, it requires 1st level divine spellcasting (7/10 spellcasting) and you don't get much else...two daily uses of remove disease and three fighter bonus feats.

Private-Prinny
2010-09-01, 10:45 AM
Gray Guard is a 5/10 casting class for Paladins that gives Lay on Hands some combat potential (5 points to sicken for 5 rounds, trade healing for damage 1:1). That might not be what you had in mind, though, and it's a fairly subpar PrC.

Fouredged Sword
2010-09-01, 11:24 AM
Greyguard also gets smite anything and protection from falling. These are nice abilities to have.

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-01, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the answers. Grey guard is a no-go based on how I've written him, just doesn't fit (and my Smite affects Chaotics already).

The fea is interesting though, might be able to swing that.