PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm in the Middle

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-09-01, 03:49 PM
Good show (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_in_the_Middle), shame they stoped making it.
I think there should be a sequel series, featuring Francis's kids.

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-01, 03:54 PM
The finale made me lol, the idea that they'd planned this all along was brilliant. Though I disagree that it should have continued, I'm glad it didn't turn into the Simpsons, slowly wasting away as it's viewers die off.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-09-01, 04:16 PM
The finale made me lol, the idea that they'd planned this all along was brilliant. Though I disagree that it should have continued, I'm glad it didn't turn into the Simpsons, slowly wasting away as it's viewers die off.

Actually, I like the new Simpsons.
It's at least twice as good as when it started off.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-09-01, 04:19 PM
Damn great show.

That's all I have to say.

Maximum Zersk
2010-09-01, 05:21 PM
I'd prefer they didn't make a sequel, too. The series ended good, and they don't need to ruin what it was.

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-01, 05:22 PM

Lucky you, I wish I could but I can't.

chiasaur11
2010-09-01, 06:13 PM
I just want the later seasons out on DVD.

Really, it seems a reasonable thing to hope for. But it will never be.

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-01, 06:17 PM
I like the Simpsons, but MitM couldn't do it. It works for a cartoon, but not a SitCom.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-09-01, 06:20 PM
I like the Simpsons, but MitM couldn't do it. It works for a cartoon, but not a SitCom.

How come? I found it hilarious!

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-01, 06:22 PM
How come? I found it hilarious!

22 years of Live TV doesn't work, and a sequel would never live up to the legend. The Cleveland Show is funny, but Family Guy is better, and IMO, The Simpsons tops them all as it is the true original.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-01, 06:37 PM
Never really liked that show IMHO. Personally, I found Frankie Muniz way too annoying, like even for winy teenage standards. Anakin complained less than him.

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-01, 06:40 PM
Never really liked that show IMHO. Personally, I found Frankie Muniz way too annoying, like even for winy teenage standards. Anakin complained less than him.

... Watch it when he's younger.

Kato
2010-09-02, 08:32 AM
I... really liked the show, in the 'it has a lot of funny moments' sense. But the characters behaviour, mostly Malcolm's, was often so ridiculously stupid, especially from a supposed genius, it almost rouined the show for me. Anyway, it was enjoyable while it lasted but I'm not really looking forward to a sequel.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-09-02, 09:13 AM
But the characters behaviour, mostly Malcolm's, was often so ridiculously stupid, especially from a supposed genius, it almost rouined the show for me.

But that's part of the brilliance, he has a high IQ but hes capable of extreme stupidity and lack of common sense.

devinkowalczyk
2010-09-02, 10:48 AM
It was a good show, and still worthy of watching the occasional episode even though I have seen most.
But I am glad that they stopped.

Besides, now the guy who played Hal can do Breaking Bad. A much better show.

Kato
2010-09-02, 11:59 AM
But that's part of the brilliance, he has a high IQ but hes capable of extreme stupidity and lack of common sense.

I'm sorry, but I don't see what's brilliance about that, just my humble opinion, though. Sure, some things were not his fault, but some stuff was just... dunno, simply dumb.

Platinum_Mongoose
2010-09-02, 12:50 PM
I just want the later seasons out on DVD.

Really, it seems a reasonable thing to hope for. But it will never be.

Why's this?

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-02, 04:25 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't see what's brilliance about that, just my humble opinion, though. Sure, some things were not his fault, but some stuff was just... dunno, simply dumb.

No one is humble.

Anyway, just becuase you have a high IQ doesn't mean you know anything about the real world. Malcom's a teen, the best of us have been known to do absolutely stupid things.

chiasaur11
2010-09-02, 05:27 PM
Why's this?

Music rights issues. Long story, but a common one in the pre DVD era.

Most cases they simply drop the music. But sometimes...

Turcano
2010-09-03, 03:47 AM

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4690/heresy.png

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-03, 04:18 AM

But.... but.... I thought I was the only one! I will admit that there er was a dip (more of a free fall) for a couple of seasons but it seem to be recovering and many of the newer one are equal to the golden years Simpsons ( often said to be season 3-9) IMO. Oh and Malcolm in the middle never rang true to me it was all right to watch if nothing else on but that's it for me

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-09-03, 09:20 AM
But.... but.... I thought I was the only one! I will admit that there er was a dip (more of a free fall) for a couple of seasons but it seem to be recovering and many of the newer one are equal to the golden years Simpsons ( often said to be season 3-9) IMO.

Yes, there was a dip. I'd say it was from season 8-16.