PDA

View Full Version : The All New Prime20 Thread! [3.5/Prime20]

alchemyprime
2010-09-02, 08:42 PM
The All New Prime20!

What is Prime20? It's d20 with a few changes! For example-

Races advance with level and increase in power!
No level adjustments!
Racial and General traits for all!
Classes without dead levels and with multiple build options built into every class.
High tier 3/tier 2 power levels for every class!
New Talent system for Rogues, Knights, Fighters, and Barbarians!
Feats that scale with level!
Condensed skills!
Monsters: easier to build, use, and put into a game!
Redone spells to keep the game breakers out but the awesomeness sealed in!
Optional rules to modify your campaign as you wish! Options for Low Magic, Mecha based, SciFi and other campaigns to keep the power level stable across the board!

And MORE!

Now, what's on the table?

To start, I currently have plans for over 30 races and classes.

But, the TO DO lists are the more immediate concerns. We have 10 races and 10 Classes to work on, and I will be posting them as soon as they are ready.

RACES

Finished Races

Humans (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9290554&postcount=14)
Drow- Elves who bound dark spirits and ended up becoming mutated by the Spider Queen. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9312326&postcount=37)
Maenads- Humans infused with psionic crystal on an elemental level, their crystal types determine their role in society. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9309308&postcount=35)
Shifter, Beastial- Shifters descended from humans and the fish, bird and mammal based lycanthropes.
Shifter, Saurian- Shifters from the reptilian and dinosauran lycanthropes and humans. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9312326&postcount=37)
Warforged- Built for war. Literally BUILT (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9309308&postcount=35).

RACES BEING MADE

Dwarves- Hardy mountain folk. Nuff said.
Elves- They grow small gods and bind them permanently to their souls. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9309308&postcount=35)
Gnomes- Fun little curious humanoids.
Half-Orcs- Like the half-elves, except you kinda hope the Dad is the orc. :thog:
Halflings- These aren't Half-Ling, everyone else is simply a Doubleling! Good with Athletics and have a variety of lucky subraces.
Hobgoblins- Militaristic, tribal goblinoids.
Revenants- An almost-undead race. Not quite undead though.

RACES TO BE DONE EVENTUALLY

Aasimar- Humans with a touch of celestial ancestry, with the associated light powers. But light doesn't always necessarily mean good.
Avariels- Elves that angered the Sky God and are now forced to live in their sky cities and fly with their wings. Why was this a curse? They used to be bound to Earth spirits.
Cactacae- Giant cactus men. That is all.
Changelings- Humanoid shapeshifters of doppleganger decent.
Dragonborn- Humanoids blessed with draconic form by the dragon gods.
Dromites- Energy manipulating bug men.
Elans- Humans who gave up humanity for immortality.
Genasi- Humans with elemental ancestry.
Goblins- Sneaky little buggers, aren't they?
Goliaths- Tall, hulking giant-killing mountain men.
Grippli- Small sized frogmen, they come from different color tribes.
Half-Elves- Half human too.
Illumians- Humans with words for blood. Their words determine who they are.
Kalashtar- A telepathic people connected via their dream spirits. Communities of them are almost like a hive mind.
Khepri- Beautiful women from the neck down. Above that is a three foot long Scarab beetle.
Kobolds- Small, slightly draconic lizard men. Come have more lizardlike traits. They all love traps.
Lupins- Lycanthrope hating wolfmen. Different packs have different advantages.
Minotaurs
Nasara- Aquatic elves, drowned by an old Earth god, and saved by Mekater, god of the waves.
Orcs- Stronger, tougher and meaner than you. Though you may be smarter.
Raptorans- A race of birdmen. Sadly, Hawkman and Birdman aren't members.
Shadar-Kai
Thri-Kreen- Mantis men from the desert.
Tiefling- Humans touched with some demonic heritage.
Vodyanoi- Water-bending toad men.

CLASSES

FINISHED CLASSES

Coming Soon

TO DO CLASSES

Ardent- The new Psychic Warrior
Binder- She calls upon the vestiges for power. The vestiges answer for momentary freedom.
Cleric- A priest of a god, his powers are dictated by his deity
Crusader- The new paladin. Any alignment, devoted to a god or philosophy for his power!
Fighter- A talented warrior with extra feats, abilities and talents over other classes.
Incarnate- The master of meldshaping.
Psion- He looks within himself for the mental power to fix the world.
Rogue- A talented theif, or assassin, or speaker, or whatever this one happens to be.
Sorcerer- Her blood gives her power both arcane and physical.
Mystery Class!

EVENTUALLY CLASSES!

Artificer- Arcane master of magic items
Barbarian- A savage with brutal tactics and talents
Bard- A minor arcane class who's tricks allow him to pick up a little bit of other classes.
Disciple- They bind the spirits of light and darkness, chaos and law to their souls to become more like unto a servant of their god.
Druid- A divine worshiper of nature and the related small gods, they have access to natural divine spells.
Heretic-A warrior that calls upon one of the spirits to aid him in battle.
Knight- A talented warrior sworn to a master.
Medic- When you're lost, hurt and in battle, the medic is your best friend in the world.
Monk- A master of ki, their body becomes a weapon.
Mystic- A divine caster of their own philosophy. Are they aided by a god or wish to become one?
Ninja- An elementally powered assassin, using their own ki to make order of the chaos of the elements.
Occultist- They call upon the vestiges for power, then use that power to gain the worship of the weak minded.
Ranger- A martial artist and hunter, most at home in their own climate. Feared in any climate.
Samurai- A warrior dedicated to a code and a fighting style and philosophy.
Shaman- A worshiper of the spirits, they gain divine power unlike that of any other divine class.
Shugenja- An elemental priest with a leaning towards having a more customized area of spells.
Soulblade- An warrior that mixes martial arts and incarnum.
Soulborn- A warrior so infused with incarnum that it becomes a part of them.
Soulknife- A unique combination of psionicist and martial artist.
Spirit Warden- They bind the spirits of nature as a binder does the vestiges.
Warblade- A burly martial artist, bigger and tougher than most.
Warlock- they made a deal for quick arcane power, with some being of amazing magical prowess.
Warlord- They either inspire by presence alone or by their amazing martial arts skills on the battle field.
Wilder- Her emotions turn into raw power for psionic expression.
Wizard- a learned man. Who just so happened to learn magic.

Also, things to make things fun.

Hero Points: For when you need something HEROIC!
Reserve Points: Points that represent catching a second wind, be it more Talent Points for a Talent User, gaining back extra HP by spending them, or ignoring a status effect for a turn.
Contact Points: for when you need to know a guy, but you never met a guy, so you just make up a guy.

And, for your convenience, The ALL OLD Prime20!

CLASSES
Bard (http://www.scribd.com/doc/26233598/Alignment-Any-Nonlawful)
Fighter (http://www.scribd.com/doc/24880993/Fighter-2)
Rogue (http://www.scribd.com/doc/24132240/Game-Rule-Information)
Barbarian (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23907610/Alignment-Any)
Cleric (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23882090/Alignment-A-Cleric%E2%80%99s-Alignment-Must-Be-Within-One-Step-Of)
Druid (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23850789/GAME-RULE-INFORMATION-Druids-Have-the-Following-Game-Statistics-Abilities) (warning: Druid art may be slightly less than appropriate, depending on where you work)
Sorcerer (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23698065/Alignment-Any)

RACES AND OTHER STUFFS
Races (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23940098/Prime-20-Races)
Advancing Races as you Level (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23940101/Racial-Advancement)
All the Variants in Play (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23936450/Prime20-Variant-Rules-Document-1)

ALSO:

If anyone knows how to run a Wiki, PM me! I would love to have Prime20 running on a Wiki like our Rival (friendly rival, I actually love the work of Fax Celeste and have been inspired by it), d20 Rebirth.

Hey, I'd rather pick Fax as a rival than Gary Oak. Just syaing.

DracoDei
2010-09-02, 09:11 PM
Fighter and Monk... if you can really make those work, then you will proven your claim of "This will be AWESOME!".

Races:
Humans
Elves
Dwarves

One side note: Whenever doing something with dragons (half-dragons, feats, The Breath of Fire discipline, PrCs, etc , etc, etc) stop to consider the Wing Dragons. I think we established they are amazing enough for the settings (certainly I think I designed them with such levels of "WOW!" built in, and if I didn't you need to tell me so I can fix that), but almost all of the stuff for dragons that relates to breathweapons, and a lot of the stuff that doesn't... just goes right past them... I probably need to sit down a make them some feats that enhance their breath weapon (since most, if not all meta-breath feats are useless since it doesn't have damage, a saving throw, and is every round, instead of 1d4 rounds)... but I wouldn't say no if you beat me to it.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-09-02, 09:46 PM
Oh, it's great that you put this up now! I've been kicking you for almost a year to put this up, and I've loved just about everything you've run past me over that time. I'm busy right now, but tomorrow I'll give you more feedback on specifics, after looking everything over.

Edit: Ok, just read everything over, and found out that you just posted a list of things. Duh.

My 10 Class choices

Ardent. I like the idea of the Psychic Warrior. What can I say. It's like an Arcane Warrior type, but cooler.
Binder. Has always been one of my favourite classes, definitely deserves to be there.
Cleric. Because you really have to have one.
Warlock. See Binder.
Sorceror. You know me, eh Alch? You knew I'd pick Sorceror.
Rogue. I like rogues. Shoot me.
Shaman. I don't think I've heard you talk about this one much, t'would be interesting t'hear.
Disciple: See Shaman.
Warblade: Sounds like an alternate take on Monk. Nice to round off me (caster-heavy) list.

My Top 8 Races

Obviously we need Humans, and iirc, you did some interesting things with them, though I can't remember what.
Elves, again, are iconic, and you were talking last month about having divided them up into 3 very different societies. I remember one involved basically absorbing a god as your soul, or something like that? Did you end up keeping that?
KOBOLDS! Did you go with lizards, or did you go back to them being dog? Or did you use a mix of the two, like I've seen some places?
Raptoran are always favourites.
Vodyanoi, I don't remember. Consider me intrigued?
Same with Khepri. Name reminds me of the Khemri of Warhammer Fantasy.
Gnomes and Goblins are both cool, and let's round the list of with the Illumians.

Tael
2010-09-02, 11:10 PM
I don't know what the classes will be in finality, so I'll just what I'd like to see, regardless of name.

A spellcaster who doesn't know spells, but makes them up on the fly
A Wuxia inspired martial artist who uses ki (or chi, or atma, ect.) to run up wall, jump chasms, be a general badass fighting unarmed
Warrior infused with supernatural power, and can imbue his strikes with a plethora of effects (as in, more than just damage)
A binder. Yeah, pretty much just that
A melee fighter who primarily disables foes and is generally battlefield control the way it was meant to work.
An interesting archer, someone who can pull off a one-shot-one-kill assasination and then backflip onto a pair of horses while spraying the area with arrows.
A summoner, but not just someone who creates critters, but whose shtick is making pacts with supernatural being and drawing on their power
Fate/Luck mage, who doesn't use any overt magics, but forces improbable situations into reality.
Caster who warps reality, and reality warps back. Possibly draws from a freaky alien power source. (Not like, 1/100 chance that cthulu eats your face, but every spell has side-effects, and the more you cast, the bigger they get.)
The master of all trades. The guy who, in a world of magic, survives by being the best at every weapon, most skills, and generally is too cool to be burdened down by pesky things like 'realism'. (Action Points are key here)

Unfortunately, the Factotum is already very close to the last one, but I'm hoping you can do better.

alchemyprime
2010-09-03, 12:21 AM
Oh, it's great that you put this up now! I've been kicking you for almost a year to put this up, and I've loved just about everything you've run past me over that time. I'm busy right now, but tomorrow I'll give you more feedback on specifics, after looking everything over.

Edit: Ok, just read everything over, and found out that you just posted a list of things. Duh.

My 10 Class choices

Ardent. I like the idea of the Psychic Warrior. What can I say. It's like an Arcane Warrior type, but cooler.
Binder. Has always been one of my favourite classes, definitely deserves to be there.
Cleric. Because you really have to have one.
Warlock. See Binder.
Sorceror. You know me, eh Alch? You knew I'd pick Sorceror.
Rogue. I like rogues. Shoot me.
Shaman. I don't think I've heard you talk about this one much, t'would be interesting t'hear.
Disciple: See Shaman.
Warblade: Sounds like an alternate take on Monk. Nice to round off me (caster-heavy) list.

My Top 8 Races

Obviously we need Humans, and iirc, you did some interesting things with them, though I can't remember what.
Elves, again, are iconic, and you were talking last month about having divided them up into 3 very different societies. I remember one involved basically absorbing a god as your soul, or something like that? Did you end up keeping that?
KOBOLDS! Did you go with lizards, or did you go back to them being dog? Or did you use a mix of the two, like I've seen some places?
Raptoran are always favourites.
Vodyanoi, I don't remember. Consider me intrigued?
Same with Khepri. Name reminds me of the Khemri of Warhammer Fantasy.
Gnomes and Goblins are both cool, and let's round the list of with the Illumians.

Gwyn, rest assured, these are the Elves, the society that's all about growing little spirit gods in a big ritual to reach adulthood and then fusing them to their soul.
Except for, of course, the ones that fail.
Kobolds will have a heavy dragon/lizardy theme here. To the point they will even have... either an acidic bite or a breath weapon, haven't picked yet.
Vodyanoi... think water bending toad people.
Khepri are another race from China Meiville, and a favorite of mine. Beautiful women with dark red skin from the neck down... and their heads are three foot long scarab beetles.
Disciple will be the not so dark and forbidden Binder. So they bind spirits that act more like angels and such, or shadowy spirits than demonic or vestigial forces. :smallbiggrin:
Shaman... they will be a fusion of, me thinks, the Dragon Shaman, the Spirit Shaman and the Totemist. So a little bit Incarnum, a little Divine magic, and a little bit Auras all around.

I don't know what the classes will be in finality, so I'll just what I'd like to see, regardless of name.

A Wuxia inspired martial artist who uses ki (or chi, or atma, ect.) to run up wall, jump chasms, be a general badass fighting unarmed
Warrior infused with supernatural power, and can imbue his strikes with a plethora of effects (as in, more than just damage)
A melee fighter who primarily disables foes and is generally battlefield control the way it was meant to work.
An interesting archer, someone who can pull off a one-shot-one-kill assasination and then backflip onto a pair of horses while spraying the area with arrows.
A summoner, but not just someone who creates critters, but whose shtick is making pacts with supernatural being and drawing on their power
Fate/Luck mage, who doesn't use any overt magics, but forces improbable situations into reality.
Caster who warps reality, and reality warps back. Possibly draws from a freaky alien power source. (Not like, 1/100 chance that cthulu eats your face, but every spell has side-effects, and the more you cast, the bigger they get.)
The master of all trades. The guy who, in a world of magic, survives by being the best at every weapon, most skills, and generally is too cool to be burdened down by pesky things like 'realism'. (Action Points are key here)

Unfortunately, the Factotum is already very close to the last one, but I'm hoping you can do better.

Actually, funny you should mention these.
1. I was looking at making a class with this, but I was going to save that until after the Sorcerer was done. It may be recombined back into the sorcerer, as an earlier draft could do just that by burning spell slots.
2. So... the monk and the ninja. :smallsmile:
3. Well, you're in luck, as that describes the Ardent with his powers and Psionic Strikes, the Crusader with his Smites and the Heretic with his Heresy Strikes, as wella s Soulknife and Soulblade.
4. Well, we will have Binder (Dark and forbidden), Disciple (possessed by spirits of angels, dragons, heroes, villains, demons, giants, etc.) and Spirit Warden (binds to nature spirits and urban spirits). And heretic is the Binder equivalent of an Ardent or a Crusader.
5. This is... surprisingly, our fighter, and to a milder extent, the barbarian, knight, rogue and warlord. But this is fighter's main deal. Taking down his enemies with effects and fancy moves, but not with martial arts (maneuvers).
6. So, the Archery path Ranger and a long ranged Rogue it is!
7. That's our Spirit Warden!
8. I... will have to get back to you on that one. It may be cool for a witch...
9. Sorcerers are similar in effect: They cast crazy spells, and their bodies can mutate as they level, as does their casting. Perhaps we can refluff a sorcerer to fit this? Or you could take an aberrant path ability?
10. This is our bard, inside and out. His Tricks system is essentially he uses Trick Points as he levels to buy Tricks he picks up, slightly less powerful versions of other classes powers. Fighters get Weapons Training, increasing power in a weapon group and granting a useful ability. Bards only get the ability.

But a good example would be the bard from our first playtest. He had a few Black Rain maneuvers, the Bolt psionic power, and a nice slew of arcane bard spells and a +1d6 Skirmish. And proficiency in Fire Arms, of course. A lot of gunslinging from him, much of which was used on a few Frost Giants to great effect.

Oh, btw, from what I noticed: This was a Level 7 party, and they took down 2 Frost Giants riding Frost TRexes and an Adult White Dragon. With no kills. The paladin did get knocked out once, but still. Very easily, they took out a CR 13 encounter without really breaking a sweat. A party of a bard, a wizard, a paladin, a druid and a cleric. Not a CoDZilla Cleric or Druid, either. So we need to redo the monsters me thinks.

Dogmantra
2010-09-03, 11:10 AM
I can't say I have any preferences for iconic classes and races, but I assure you, if Orcs/Half-Orcs aren't playable RIGHT NOW I will cry.

Tael
2010-09-03, 01:47 PM
Hmm, sounds good, although my biggest beef with factotums is that they have too much magic in them.

For races I'd like to see:

Something HIVEMIND, maybe insect-like, maybe psionic, but I want some HIVEMIND!
A race of playable undead, Necropolitain does this pretty well, but I like more unique abilities on my races.
An race that can interact with and turn ethereal. Possibly infused with magic, only partially in touch with reality, or something.
A race that lives in floating cities! Racial flight, preferably not wings (although I'm having a hard time thinking of exactly what it should be)
Racial Blindness + Blindsense (and maybe blindsight later with racial advancement) Flavor = underground people who lost the ability to see after not using their eyes for so long?
Protoss. That is all.
Yarg for Quasi-lycanthropic-beastmen! Racial raaaage!
Chameleons are cool. Playable humanoids with controlable chameleon skin are cooler.

Also, link to where you have alpha/beta write-ups of these classes/races?

Dante & Vergil
2010-09-03, 04:36 PM

The 1st sound like True Sorcery from Green Ronin and 9 could use Relms_of_Chaos's Far Realms magic.
Also, 'Prime, you should look to Oslecamo's Revised Monster Classes for Prime d20, because they are awesome!

The-Mage-King
2010-09-03, 07:59 PM
Hm... I'd like to see a base or prestige class that focuses on having a... let us call it a companion creature, one that is highly modular and scales in power with the character.

Tael
2010-09-03, 10:22 PM
Hm... I'd like to see a base or prestige class that focuses on having a... let us call it a companion creature, one that is highly modular and scales in power with the character.

Like the PF Summoner?

The-Mage-King
2010-09-04, 11:03 AM
Like the PF Summoner?

...I had forgotten about that.

How about a clas that gets far more powerful the lower its hp gets? That'll teach 'em to not kill it instantly.

alchemyprime
2010-09-04, 11:46 AM
...I had forgotten about that.

How about a clas that gets far more powerful the lower its hp gets? That'll teach 'em to not kill it instantly.

Some of the tanking classes, as wellas a certain barbarian build, will have this in mind.

Also, this will be a monster ability with the Monster Advancement System I'm working on (MAS, Spanish for More)

Dante & Vergil
2010-09-04, 12:01 PM

There is also the Eidolon Binder in these forums. It totally rocks!!

alchemyprime
2010-09-04, 12:48 PM
Well, I was thinking to start, I'd post the human, so you'd get a general idea of what I'd want races to look like.

Human

+2 to one ability score: Human characters get a +2 bonus on one ability score of their choice at creation, to represent their varied nature.
Medium: Humans are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
Skilled: Humans are proficient in one additional skill at 1st level. This bonus skill counts as a class skill, regardless of the human’s class.
Weapon Training: Humans are proficient with any one standard weapon of their choice, in addition to those granted by class proficiencies. This weapon must be chosen at 1st level and cannot be changed.
Human Versatility: Every day, humans get a Luck Point. A human may spend this point as a free action to gain either 3 HP or a +1 to a save for the rest of the day. Any save bonuses must be announed before the roll is made.
Background: Humans come in all shapes and sizes. Below are just a few examples. Like all backgrounds, you can pick one of the following as one of your two traits, or you can pick both off of the Trait list.

Arctic Born- Due to walking on the ice all your life, you gain a +2 bonus on Survival checks, as well as Athletics checks to climb and Acrobatics checks to balance yourself.
Aventi- Aventi are aquatic humans. They can all breathe water and have a swim speed of 30 feet. They also can either gain Low-Light vision or a +1 to the DC of all Water spells they cast. They suffocate out of water after (Constitution Score x 2) rounds.
City Rat- You know how to live in a city on the mean streets (as opposed to the nice ones). You gain a +2 bonus to Stealth checks, and against a flat-footed opponent, you gain a +1d6 bonus to damage.
Deathtouched- Sometimes, ghosts or vampires get lonely and want something warm. Human women are good for that. Deathtouched are constant reminders of their trysts. All Deathtouched have Reist 5 to either Electricity or Cold, and have a +2 bonus to Stealth or Intimidate.
Desert Born- The desert is a deadly environment, and several times you have survived dust storms and long periods without water through sheer willpower. Each round your hit points are 0 or fewer, you can attempt a Death save. If this save succeeds, you can take a standard action that round, and you do not fall unconscious. You continue to lose one hit point each round while your hit points are below 0. Additionally, you automatically fall unconscious at –10 hit points and may die as normal thereafter.
Faithful- Once a day, your faith in your god grants you a +2 bonus to any one d20 roll. You must announce you are using this after the roll is made, but before the DM says it is successful or not.
Jungle Born- You have a +2 bonus against poisons and diseases, due to being exposed to a lot in your homeland.
Mongrelfolk- These are humans with the blood of gods know what other races in them. A little elf, maybe troll, is that dromite in there? +1 on saves against Enchantments and Poisons, and they gain a +1 on saves against spells or powers that ignores a specific race.
Mountain Folk- You have lived on the ledges of your mountain home all your life, the harsh winds whipping you constantly. You have a +2 bonus to checks or saves to keep from being knocked prone. In addition, they have an additional hit point every level.
Neanderthal- Neanderthals can tolerate 'severe cold' or 'severe heat' without needing to make Fortitude Saves. They also gain a +2 bonus to Perception and Survival checks.
Noble- You have a +2 bonus to all Diplomacy checks with nobles and officials. They also have a +2 to Knowledge (Nobility and royalty) checks.
Nomads- Nomads have lived their whole lives moving. This has granted them a +2 bonus to Ride checks and proficiency with shortbows, slings and bolos.
Sea Child- Unlike the Aventi, these humans just grew up near the beach or lived on a ship. Due to history of walking on ships and docks, you have a +2 bonus to Acrobatics checks to balance yourself. Also, you are very lucky at swimming. When ever you make an Athletics check to swim, you can roll 2 d20s and take the better of the two.
Sharakim- When demons kidnap a bunch of humans, orcs, elves and hobgoblins, there will be selective breeding. The results of these were the Sharakim, who look like just slightly buffer, hairier, more tone humans, and are connected to the shadows. They gain a +2 bonus to Stealth and Perception in areas of Shadowy Illumination, and a +1 Natural Armor bonus.
Underfolk- Living underground your whole life has let you adapt to the darkness. You have Darkvison out to 30 ft and a +4 bonus to Stealth checks around rocky terrain.
Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any bonus languages they want.
Favored Class: Humans can choose any one class as their favored class at 1st level. Once made, this choice cannot be changed

How's that look to everyone? It is tweaked a little to make room for Weapon Groups (hence all weapons being Basic, Standard, Exotic or Doubled, rather than the Simple, Martial, Exotic rule) and for my skill system (less book keeping on skills over all, makes for a quicker character creation and makes Intelligence slightly more useful).

alchemyprime
2010-09-05, 01:58 AM
Hmm, sounds good, although my biggest beef with factotums is that they have too much magic in them.

For races I'd like to see:

Something HIVEMIND, maybe insect-like, maybe psionic, but I want some HIVEMIND!
A race of playable undead, Necropolitain does this pretty well, but I like more unique abilities on my races.
An race that can interact with and turn ethereal. Possibly infused with magic, only partially in touch with reality, or something.
A race that lives in floating cities! Racial flight, preferably not wings (although I'm having a hard time thinking of exactly what it should be)
Racial Blindness + Blindsense (and maybe blindsight later with racial advancement) Flavor = underground people who lost the ability to see after not using their eyes for so long?
Protoss. That is all.
Yarg for Quasi-lycanthropic-beastmen! Racial raaaage!
Chameleons are cool. Playable humanoids with controlable chameleon skin are cooler.

Also, link to where you have alpha/beta write-ups of these classes/races?

Well,
1. Kalashtar can easily fit that bill, especially with multiple Kalashtar. They will gain special benefits, through racial powers and racial feats.
2. Revenants are there for you. Early player accessible, but totally mostly undead.
3. Erm... I'm not sure. Maybe Ghost Elves? I was thinking of maybe making a Ghost template for those who aren't evil ghosts...
4. Avariels work for you here?
5. Grimlocks? I dunno, I'd rather not tackle this so early on, but maybe eventually.
6. No. Bad kitty. You take your psionic maenads and your dragonborn and kobolds and you like them! Actually, Dromites may fit this best...
7. Lupins?
8. Maybe Grippli? Or Changelings?

The-Mage-King
2010-09-05, 01:34 PM
Ohh, thought of another thi-

KEKEKEKEKEKE!

-ng. Zer-

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!

alchemyprime
2010-09-05, 10:09 PM
Ohh, thought of another thi-

KEKEKEKEKEKE!

-ng. Zer-

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!

... No.

I do entirely plan for this to be a tactic of mid-level undead making priests and necromancers. Especially necromancers.

EAT SKELETONS FIENDS!

Anyway, any other votes for races or classes? Any other idea?

Dante & Vergil
2010-09-05, 11:07 PM
I think you may need to use this http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/Anubis89_2007/th_wha.png (http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/Anubis89_2007/?action=view&current=wha.png) as you use the thread more, but copy to your image hosting account first. I don't want problems when I use it.

alchemyprime
2010-09-05, 11:46 PM
I think you may need to use this http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/Anubis89_2007/th_wha.png (http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/Anubis89_2007/?action=view&current=wha.png) as you use the thread more, but copy to your image hosting account first. I don't want problems when I use it.

... What's the smiley supposed to be? I'm a little lost. I like it though.

Also, I'm thinking I'll be making Fighter first. You will notice our Fighter bears a striking resemblance to the Pathfinder Fighter, in that he also has Weapon Training, Armor Training, the associated Masterys, and the classic feats.

Ours will also have Talents (a grand total of 15 of them, 3 of each level), and Veteran of Battle.

He'll gain one use per day per level. And each use has a basic power behind it: Reroll one failed attack roll. Simple, but it does keep the fighter as the best at being a fighter.

Dante & Vergil
2010-09-06, 01:50 AM
HIs eyes are sparkling in the light of awesome. It's something side characters in animes/manga do when watching the main characters do something awesome.

alchemyprime
2010-09-06, 01:53 AM
HIs eyes are sparkling in the light of awesome. It's something side characters in animes/manga do when watching the main characters do something awesome.

Ah, cool then. That's what I thought it was. So, D&V, do you have any requests for our starting races and classes?

Tael
2010-09-06, 08:45 AM
I vote for the Monk.

The-Mage-King
2010-09-06, 10:11 AM
No KEKEKEKEKEKE yet?

:smallsigh:

A class that pilots mecha. And a tiny race that pilots Medium sized mecha.

Shmee
2010-09-06, 10:17 AM
Well Alch, my vote for the races would be: Orcs, Half-Orcs and Goblins. Class wise, I'd have to pick Barbarians, Shamans and Clerics.

alchemyprime
2010-09-06, 10:20 AM
No KEKEKEKEKEKE yet?

:smallsigh:

A class that pilots mecha. And a tiny race that pilots Medium sized mecha.

I will be including two different types of Mecha for the Optional rules (Gnomesuits/Gearsuits for reasonable, clockwork mecha, and Godknights for Beyond the Impossible, fantasy Super Robot mecha).

However, I do not find that standard, pilotable mecha work in a normal fantasy setting, despite the Rule of Cool and going beyond the impossible.

I do thank Tael for their consideration on some of the suggestions.

Now, for the most part, it seems starting races shall include

Humans
Elves
Half-Orcs

But I would like at least 5 more added to that list. Races that may not scare off new players, but still be cool for folks who have been to the RPG Rodeo before. I think either Revenants or Warforged belong upon the list, yes?

Also, as for classes. I was thinking a few classes are iconic. Namely, the Sorcerer, the Cleric, the Fighter, and the Rogue. For good measure, also Psion. Who else should be included? Monk I see is getting some votes, as well as perhaps a Dread Necromancer type class? (So TMK can get his *insert laughing sound here* and pretend he's playing Starcraft apparently. I kid, TMK, I kid.)

Also, because you demanded it, the ALL OLD PRIME20!

CLASSES
Bard (http://www.scribd.com/doc/26233598/Alignment-Any-Nonlawful)
Fighter (http://www.scribd.com/doc/24880993/Fighter-2)
Rogue (http://www.scribd.com/doc/24132240/Game-Rule-Information)
Barbarian (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23907610/Alignment-Any)
Cleric (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23882090/Alignment-A-Cleric%E2%80%99s-Alignment-Must-Be-Within-One-Step-Of)
Druid (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23850789/GAME-RULE-INFORMATION-Druids-Have-the-Following-Game-Statistics-Abilities) (warning: Druid art may be slightly less than appropriate, depending on where you work)
Sorcerer (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23698065/Alignment-Any)

RACES AND OTHER STUFFS
Races (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23940098/Prime-20-Races)
Advancing Races as you Level (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23940101/Racial-Advancement)
All the Variants in Play (http://www.scribd.com/doc/23936450/Prime20-Variant-Rules-Document-1)

The-Mage-King
2010-09-06, 10:27 AM
Eh, it's not that I...

Ah, hell. Yes, I am a Zerg player. Kekekeke.

For races, yep, I'm all for both Revanants and Warforged, and chip in Elves and, maybe... an aberration race...

For classes... Hm... A fire themed class that can overcome fire resistance... Psychics... and maybe... Something that has insane survival habits. As in high hp and good saves, but not much else.

alchemyprime
2010-09-06, 10:30 AM
Eh, it's not that I...

Ah, hell. Yes, I am a Zerg player. Kekekeke.

For races, yep, I'm all for both Revanants and Warforged, and chip in Elves and, maybe... an aberration race...

For classes... Hm... A fire themed class that can overcome fire resistance... Psychics... and maybe... Something that has insane survival habits. As in high hp and good saves, but not much else.

I call that a bad class.

Why? Fighters have More Weapons than any other class. Good BAB, d10 HD, Good Fort. They get huge bonuses and abilities when using said weapons. They get more feats. They get AC bonuses. They get Talents. And the ability to reroll one failled attack per level per day. So a level 20 fighter can reroll 20 missed attacks.

So if I gave a class a d12 HD, Good BAB and al good saves? Maybe just give them two abilities to go with it, but everyone gets ELSE! MUCH ELSE!

... Wow, my English broke for a second there. Sorry.

togapika
2010-09-06, 10:47 AM
GOBLINS!
That is all......

Also some sort of defender that can actually make the monster pay attention to it.

alchemyprime
2010-09-06, 01:09 PM
GOBLINS!
That is all......

Also some sort of defender that can actually make the monster pay attention to it.

This is planned for. The class, I mean.

Fighters will be the masters of smacking on the status effects with their attacks.

Paladins will be the best at extra damage and keeping buddies a little better.

Heretics will be great with general usefulness.

Ardents will have ways around pesky high AC enemies, and with that ever present adding cool powers to their attacks (admittedly, every defender will).

But knights and samurai? They will be the undisputed masters of "HEY FIGHT ME NOT HIM!"

Knights will have their Call to Arms, and Samurai their Ki Shouts and specialty with Dueling. So knights will be more useful against mobs, and samurai against a few opponents, or singling out an opponent to strike them down one by one.

The Duel skill is you friend with any weapons based class, folks. You manage to initiate a duel (which Samurais will use Ki Shouts for), and it turns into opposed Duel checks. Winner gets to then make an attack against them (roll damage, no save) adding 1d6 damage pluss an addition 1d6 for every 5 points they beat their opponent by.

So against your standard Goblin (not one who has advanced as a Soldier or a Brute or has the Duel skill), a 1st level samurai can first Ki Shout (everyone makes a Will save versus a Level check, failures are unable to attack the samurai if he enters a duel), then pick out one of the victims to duel by running up to them.

So Samurai probably has anywhere from a +4 to a +8 bonus (depending on his stat modifiers) to his Duel skill. Goblin? Maybe a +1. More likely a -1. Samurai is easily doing 1d10+1d6+Str damage, if not 1d10+2d6+Str damage.

Wait til you see what a Rogue can pull off with it. :smallbiggrin:

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-06, 01:15 PM
I'd like to see a sorcerer. No one else does for some reason. Then again, I'm not entirely sure what this is all about. It looks fun though. :smallcool:

alchemyprime
2010-09-07, 12:39 AM
I'd like to see a sorcerer. No one else does for some reason. Then again, I'm not entirely sure what this is all about. It looks fun though. :smallcool:

Basic idea: Make powerful classes and races based around choices. Make it so you can make each class how you envision it. Sorcerers? They have magical blood. Was it from magical pollution? The blessed legacy of an ancestral hero or villain? Are you from the stock of some creature like a frost giant, a dragon or even a mind flayer? And as you level you slowly become more like the cause for your magical powers.

So Gwyn and AtlanteanTroll want to see Sorcerer? Well, I'll try to give it to you after I finish the fighter, or perhaps before. You can also look above to the All Old Prime20 links for the old Sorcerer (who is very similar to what we will be attempting here.)

Moose Fisher
2010-09-07, 02:05 AM
May as well toss in my two cents in the ring for the top picks.

8 Races

Humans: Why would you not have them?
Dwarves: Because nothing is Dwarfier than a Dwarf
Elves: Mostly to provide a comparison on how Dwarfy a Dwarf is.
Halflings: The obligatory little people.
Warforged: Great for philosophical themes (Does sentience = a soul? Nature or Nurture?)
Half-Orcs: Prove to the world that blood is not the determining factor!
Tiefling: Only if they're the pre-4e kind
Elans: May as well get something psionic in here. Kalashtar are too restricted, Maenads don't live up to their namesake IMO, and everything else is an insect.

10 Classes

Fighter: One of the classic 4 and our basic warrior
Wizard: One of the classic 4 and our basic magic user
Cleric: One of the classic 4 and our basic divine user
Rogue: One of the classic 4 and our basic expert
Crusader: Our classic divine warrior
Artificer: To pump up magic items and heal our Warforged pals
Warlord: A more martial cleric
Warlock: An alternative magic, along with potential rogue-like skills
Psion: Our basic psionic user
Ardent: Our warrior with psionic ability.

Lady Tialait
2010-09-07, 10:10 AM
8 races and 10 classes

Eight Races:
Humans
Elves
Dwarves (Rule!)
Halflings
Shadar-kai (I love them)
Githzeri
Gnomes
Minotuar (My group loves them)

Ten Classes:
Cleric
Wizard
Rouge
Fighter
Warlock
Bard
Binder
ShadowCaster (personal favorite)
Incarnate
Truenamer (Preferably something you have fix'd)

alchemyprime
2010-09-07, 10:32 AM
*snip*
[/LIST]

*snip*

Okay, upon viewing all the votes, I know I need to have the Four Core classes done first.

Fighter
Cleric
Rogue
Wizard

However, my Wizard write up is much further behind the Sorcerer, so Sorcerer may end up released first.

Looking at the others, I think the remaining six may well end up being
Crusader
Ardent
Binder
Incarnate
Psion
And some other class. I see a lot of clamoring for Monks, Ninjas, Artificers, Warlocks, Truenamers... That's not one class.

So I'm considering who to put here. It'll be the Mystery class. Maybe Wizard, maybe Shadowcaster, maybe bard. But we'll be focusing on the others first.

As for races, as you can see, I already have Humans done. Since there seems to be a lot of rabble for Warforged, how about I show you what I have done already for the Elves, the Warforged and the Maenads? Those sound like that'd be worthwhile for you all?

I say the other four races should be Half-Orcs, Halflings, Dwarves and... Honestly, I think Revenant would be a good round off.

Eh, let's make it ten races, and add in Hobgoblins and Gnomes too when we're all set for the original 10. Now, all ideas will be considered. Eventually I'll get to the drow, the shadar-kai, the minotaurs, the giths, and for classes, we'll get to the monks, the truenamers, the shadowcasters, the Occultist (who will be Class 11, I guarantee you).

So I'll be updating the front post with the To-Do lists, the Eventual Lists and the Finished Lists.

alchemyprime
2010-09-07, 11:08 AM
Elf

+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, –2 Constitution: Elves are nimble, both in body and mind, but their form is frail.
Medium: Elves are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
Low-Light Vision: Elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of poor illumination.
Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 bonus on sight- and sound-based Perception checks. They can make a Perception check to spot a secret or concealed door if they pass within 10 feet, regardless of whether or not they are actively looking.
Elven Immunities: Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
Elven Magic: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise skill checks made to identify the properties of magic items.
Unnatural Beauty: The attitude of those dealing with elves is improved by one step so long as their starting attitude is at least “indifferent.” This increase is subject to GM discretion and might not apply to all creatures.
Weapon Familiarity: Elves are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, rapiers, and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon.
Elven Court: Every elf is part of one of the Elven Courts, and each Elven Court has their own special abilities they allow for an elf to be part of that court. Note that the Drow, the Vupdrax, the Drey, the Niar'streea, and the Chath'bar'a all used to be part of the Courts, and for events important enough, they are still called in for High Courts. However, for them you should use the Drow race. The Light Courts are detailed below.
All Spell Like abilities are Magic Rating equal to their character level, save DCs are 10 + ½ character level + the elf's Charisma modifier.

Fire Elf- The Court of the Fire Elves are elves who were picked from birth to become magical warriors by binding themselves to the spirits of Fire. Their ritual includes growing their hair for five years, then shaving themselves bald. They then make an effigy of themselves and burn it, binding themselves to the spirit of the fire. Fire Elves gain a +2 bonus to Intimidate checks, and they can use Burning Hands as a spell-like ability once per day.
Ghost Elf- The Ghost Elves are bonded to spirits of death. Not the bringers of death, but the spirits that watch over the dead. Their ritual involves living within a mausoleum for five years, only leaving for supplies, then coming right back to the house of the dead in which they reside. After the five years, a spirit will come to them. The effects are great. Once a day, they may give themselves a +10 enhancement bonus to Escape Artist checks. In addition, they can make themselves glow like a candle whenever they wish, or they can suppress this. It is a free action to turn the illumination on or off.
Gray Elf- Gray Elves are bound to the spirits of magic itself, adding to the already grand magical advantages elves have over other creatures. Gray Elves always have Prestidigitation and Arcane Mark as at-will spell-like abilities.
High Elf-
Metal Elf-
Painted Elf- Painted Elves have bound themselves to the spirits of battle itself. They harvest a drop of blood from themselves every day for five years in a magic vial that stops it from coagulating, and then mix it into a war paint. Upon wearing the war paint, they run off to kill an enemy under the full moon. Most painted elves are in the desert, and as such their enemy will be a blue kobold. After defeating the enemy, the spirit of war binds to them. Painted elves get a +2 bonus on Acrobatics to tumble, and gain the Toughness feat as a bonus feat.
Shadow Elf (Umbragen)-
Snow Elf- Snow elves live in the frozen areas of the world, and are bound to the spirits of Ice. The ice spirits grant them a +2 bonus to one Craft skill (chosen at first level). Beyond this, the snow elves are granted a +4 bonus to Acrobatics checks to balance themselves, and on any check or save to keep themselves from falling prone or being knocked over. Finally, they can use Ray of Frost as a spell like ability three times each day.
Thunder Elf-
Water Elf-
Wild Elf-
Wind Elf-
Wood Elf-

Languages: Elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Elves with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
Favored Class: The favored class of elves is wizard or ranger.

Elf is unfinished. Anyone else want to help me fill in the blank backgrounds?

Maenad

Ability Scores: +2 Charisma.
Medium: Maenads are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Maenads have a base speed of 30 feet.
Naturally Psionic: All maenads have 2 power points and can take psionic feats.
Energy Shout: All maenads may use Energy Ray (Sonic) as a psi-like ability 1/day with a CR of their character level.
Outburst: Once per day for four rounds a maenad may have an outburst of pain and rage. During this outburst, they take a -2 penalty to Wisdom, but gain a +2 bonus to Strength.
Unnatural Beauty: The attitude of those dealing with maenads is improved by one step so long as their starting attitude is at least “indifferent.” This increase is subject to GM discretion and might not apply to all creatures.
Psionic Mastery: All maenads are partial to using psionic items, as their own crystalline systems resonate with the crystals in the items. A Maenad may take 10 on any Use Psionic Device Checks.
Background: Maenads are a people who have realized structure will save them fro their own emotions. They have all had many ways to try to deal with this. Each caste found a gem to relate to, and so each background is named for a gem.

Amethyst- Maenads attuned to amethysts are normally of violet hair and crystal, ranging from a light lavender to a deep purple that's almost black until the light hits it right. They gain a +2 on saves against poison, and a +2 bonus to checks made to oppose Disguise and Bluff checks.
Aquamarine- The sea-green hair and crystals of aquamarine maenads is well known to sailors. Aquamarine maenads have a knack for sailing and making friends. They have a +2 bonus to Diplomacy and Profession (Sailor) checks, and can take 10 on Atheltics (Swim) checks. They automatically gain Salt as a bonus language. Very friendly chaps.
Casteless- Some Maenads never find a caste of crystal to fit them. These are the casteless. They are considered a disgrace by the Maenads, and as such, are shunned in normal society. To live better on the harder side of things, they are granted a +2 bonus to Intimidate. As well, they gain an additional use of Energy Shout each day (so 2/day instead of 1/day).
Diamond- Diamond is known as the hardest mineral, and for it's ability to be cut in a variety of shapes. A Diamond Maenad, with their silver hair and clear crystals, are very much the same. They have a +2 bonus to Disguise checks. As well, when they Outburst, their skin becomes hard and diamond coated as their crystals grow for the duration of the Outburst, granting a +1 racial bonus to Natural Armor.
Emerald- Emerald Maenads, with their green crystal sheen and hair, are masters of vitality. They have an extra +1 to HP and to RP for every level they possess, and a +2 bonus to Heal checks. They make great doctors and battlefield medics.
Garnet- The Garnet Maenads are known for their crystals and hair being a dark red. They are hunters of dark evil things. They gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage against undead, and can spend 1 power point to make a touch attack that deals 1d6 damage on a hit to undead or aberrations.
Obsidian- The darkened caste, as called for their dark hair and crystals, is made up of assassins and cut throats. I mean, perfectly legitimate entertainers. They have a +2 bonus to Acrobatics and Stealth. In addition, they can send dark energies into their Energy Shouts, making them Cold damage instead of Sonic if hey so wish.
Opal- Opal Maenads are known for their iridescent shine. They gain a +2 bonus to Stealth and Sleight of Hand checks, as the shine confuses the eyes and allows for minor camouflage should the Maenad will it. In addition, they get a +1 t the DC to get past any illusions they cast.
Pearl- Pearl Maenads are helpful in battle, no questions asked. Or out of battle. Anywhere, really. When a Pearl Maenad uses Aid Another in a skill they have trained, they may grant a bonus of (1 + Charisma Modifier) or +2, whichever is higher. Also, when flanking an enemy, they and their ally gains a +1 Dodge bonus to Defense against that enemy as long as he is flanked.
Peridot- A lime green color, contrasting the dark green of the Emerald Maenads, marks the Peridot Maenads. When they are healed by magic, they also heal their Charisma modifier on top of any Reserve Points used or healing magic. In addition, they gain a +1 bonus against Fear effects.
Ruby- A Ruby Maenad has bright red hair and crystals, giving them a firey appearance. Their inner heat is amazing, granting them a +1 racial bonus to Reflex saves and allowing them to turn their sonic racial abilities to fire abilities at their option.
Sapphire- A Sapphire Maenad, in a deep blue (though rarely other colors do arise, including a light pink), has powers over perception. They gain a +2 bonus to Bluff checks, as people don't think they would lie. They also gain a +1 bonus on Will saves.
Topaz- This gem, with it's blonde and amber colored hues, it is a gem of strength. All Topaz Maenads gain an additional +1d6 damage when attacking with their outbursts, and after an outburst is done have a +1 on attack rolls for (Charisma Modifier) rounds.
Turquoise- Turquoise is the gem of happiness, and the light blue and gold blends that Turquoise Maenads have mix well with their constant smiles. A Turquoise Maenad has a the ability to reroll one failed 1d20 roll per day. At 7th level and every 7 levels thereafter, they gain an additional reroll per day.

Languages: Common, Maenad. Bonus Languages: Any.
Favored Class: Wilder or ardent. (If you don't have these classes, substitute sorcerer and crusader, respectively).

Warforged

Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma
Medium Size: Warforged are Medium sized creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to size.
Normal Speed: Warforged have a base speed of 30 feet.
Construct Physiology: A warforged is immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, sickening, and energy drain. Warforged do not eat, sleep or breath. When they reach 0 hp, they are unconscious (as normal) but are totally stable.
Repairable: Warforged can also be healed with a Craft check taking 8 hours, healing the result of the check – 15hp. This Craft can be (armorsmithing, blacksmithing, gemcutting, or sculpting). A warforged can repair itself. Anyone can take 10 on this check but not take 20. This check must be made trained.
Construct Drawbacks: A warforged is only healed half as much by a Conjuration (Healing) spell. Warforged also do not naturally heal.
Armor Plating: Warforged get a +2 bonus to defense if they are unarmored. A warforged may spend a feat to replace this with better plating, and may also retrain this specific feat for any other armor plating feat by taking 2 weeks to replace them (or allowing a Warforged Smith to do so). A warforged may only replace this feat with a nonarmor plating feat at level up (as normal).
Light Fortification: A warforged with his basic armor plating has a 25% chance of a critical hit becoming a normal hit. If a feat says it changes this, then it does. If not, then it stays a 25%. This fortification stacks with enhancements to the armor plating, but not from other equipment.
Slam: A warforged naturally has a 1d4 slam attack. Since the warforged is a construct, they may enchant themselves to improve this Slam attack, up to a maximum enhancement bonus of (Warforged's Character Level/3), rounded down.
Background: A warforged's model or training can affect what he is. Younger warforged are even affected by their experiences after the wars. Below are some of the backgrounds and benefits available to a warforged character.

Awakened- You began to question the world, your orders. “Why?” you would ask. “Why am I able to be healed almost like a human? Why not all the way? Why at all? Why can I meldshape?” The further your mind went into your questions, the more you began to realize you were no longer your standard warforged. An Awakened Warforged gains a +2 bonus to Will saves against Charm and Fear. They also gain a +2 bonus to reveal illusions.
Bull- Warforged are already stronger than humans. But sometimes, a little bit isn't enough. So the bull model was made. A Bull Warforged gets a +2 bonus to avoid being knocked prone, bull-rushed, or pushed, and to doing those to their enemies. In addition, they deal 1d6 with their slams instead of 1d4.
Darkforged- Sometimes the armies would need to send Warforged into the Underdark. This normally ended badly, since the drow would hide near areas of Faerzaress. Darkforged are made to combat these. When in areas of shadowy illumination or less light, Darkforged get a +2 bonus to Stealth checks, and to attack rolls. In addition, when in an area of Faerzaress, they gain a +2 Deflection bonus to Defense. Darkforged have Darkvision 30'.
Freeforged- A Freeforged was forged in a time of peace. As such, they are better suited for peaceful endeavours than their kin. A Freeforged gets training in one extra skill of their choice, and may learn bonuses languages at 1st level instead of gradually. Also, they get along better with people, and have a +2 bonus to Diplomacy.
Godforged- The Godforged are Warforged who believe the gods bestowed the Warforged with souls. They gain a +2 bonus to Knowledge (Religion) checks, and can cast the following orisons once per day per level: guidance, create water, and light.
Grunt- A grunt is your standard issue military warforged. They were literally forged for war. A grunt gains proficiency in one extra weapon group of their choice. Also, all grunts gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls with their chosen weapon group.
Psiforged- The psiforged are Warforged that, in place of the standard obsidian or quartz, had psionic deep crystal in place. These Warforged gain 2 psionic power points. They also may, with a slam attack, spend 1 power point before the attack roll is made to add +1d6 psychokinetic damage to their slam damage.
Reforged- The Reforged are warforged who wish to shed their metal appearances to try to be more like the softer races. They have a +2 bonus to Knowledge (Nature), due to their studies, and to Intimidate, due to their unsettling leather skin. They may ignore 5% of Arcane Spell Chance failure from their plating.
Sandforged- Sandforged are warforged made to be sent into deserts. They are specially built and trained to deal with the sands and the dangers. Sandforged have a +2 bonus to saves against fire and dessication effects. Sandforged also gain a +2 bonus to Ride checks and proficiency with scimitars and shortbows. Many generals later realized that Sandforged make great cavalry.
Scout- Small and sneaky, a scout is the best warforged for stealthy jobs. A scout gains a +5 on Stealth checks, and a +2 on both perception and Insight checks. Also, against a flat-footed opponent, the scout gains a +2 bonus to damage.
Seaforged- Warforged made for manning the ships, the Seaforged were masters of the waters during the wars. They had no need to breathe, and could survive the crushing depths. Seaforged gain a 10ft Swim speed, a +8 on Athletics checks to swim, and gain a +2 bonus against rusting attacks and Acid abilities.
Servant- These warforged were, before becoming free, bodyguards and handservants to royalty and nobility. They gain a +5 bonus to Knowledge (Royalty and Nobility) checks when within their homeland. They also gain a +2 bonus to two of the following skills: Acrobatics, Appraise, Craft (painting), Knowledge (Religion), or Perform (any).
Snowforged- The snowforged were made for the arctic and trained as such. Their colorations are closer to whites with blue eyes than the standard silver and green of their temperate kin. Snowforged have a +2 bonus to Survival checks, and to saves against Cold effects. Snowforged normally make better rangers, and count Ranger as their favored class instead of fighter.

Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: None. A warforged with a high intelligence must learn languages from his teammates, one per level.
Favored Class: Fighter is the favored class of a warforged. However, Scouts prefer Rogue, Psiforged prefer Psion and Snowforged prefer Ranger.

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-07, 06:53 PM
You messed up the spoiler for the Warforged. I think.

alchemyprime
2010-09-07, 07:51 PM
You messed up the spoiler for the Warforged. I think.
Fixed it. Thanks. Also:

I just found where I had put Drow and Shifters, which apparently I finished already. So... I'll just slide these under the door.

Drow Elf

Ability Scores: +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Cha.
Medium: Drow are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Drow have a base speed of 30 feet.
Drow Background: Based on the background of the drow, a drow may have some extra abilities.

Szarkai- Albino drow, they look just like High Elves. They get a +10 bonus to Disguise checks to look like a High Elf. However, the take a -2 penalty on Perception checks to when in an area with any light above shadowy illumination, as well as on Initiative checks. This stacks with Light Sensitivity.
Drey- Bigger, meaner, tougher drow, the Drey are said to be blessed. They have a +1 Natural Armor and +2 to Intimidate due to their shiny, spider-like skin.
Niar'streea- Literally “River Death” These are the Aquatic Drow. They gain Resistance to Cold 5, and can breathe underwater. However, they need at least one gallon of water thrown on their skin per day or else they take 1 point Constitution damage per day without. Soaking in water for an hour will undo this damage.
Vupdrax- While the Elves have the Avariels, the Drow have the Vupdrax. Batwinged drow. See more on them in the Prestige Races beneath. In order to become a Vupdrax, you must take this background, which grants a drow the ability to ignore the first 10 feet of falling damage.
Chath'bar'a- Fire drow. While the Overworld has deserts, the Underdark has volcanic vents. Some drow live near these. Chath'bar'a Drow gain Resistance 5 Fire and a +2 on saves against fire spells and effects.
Van'thalack- A drow bred for battle. This sort of drow is trained from near birth to be a subserviant drow and to kill any enemy before them. They gain Weapon Focus in one weapon group of their choice and gain a +2 bonus to weapon damage with their Weapon Focus when below half of their max hit points.
House Member- A drow from a noble house. They can levitate themselves. 1 round/day per level they gain Fly (clumsy) equal to their land speed.

Spell-like Abilities: Drow may use the following abilities once per day each: faerie fire, darkness, dancing lights.
Light Sensitivity: A drow in any light brighter than shadowy illumination gains a –1 on all attack rolls, damage rolls, and Reflex saves, as well as a –2 on her Armor Class.
Sleep Immunity: A drow is immune to magic sleep effects.
Keen Senses: Drow receive a +2 bonus on sight- and sound-based Perception checks. They can make a Perception check to spot a secret or concealed door if they pass within 10 feet, regardless of whether or not they are actively looking.
Weapon Familiarity: Drow are proficient with hand crossbows, scimitars, rapiers and shuriken, and treat any weapon with the word “drow” in its name as a martial weapon.
Languages: Common, Undercommon and Elven. Bonus Languages: Goblin, Dwarf, Gnome, Orc, Drow Sign, Salt.
Favored Class: Wizard or prodigy (male) or Cleric or favored (female).

Shifter
Ability Scores: +2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Int
Medium: Shifters are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Shifters have a base speed of 30 feet.
Low-Light Vision: Shifters can see twice as far as humans in conditions of poor illumination.
Beastly Muscles: Shifters enjoy a +2 racial bonus to Acrobatics and Athletics (Climb) checks.
Beast's Fury: A shifter has skin that is naturally resistant to standard attacks. They have DR 1/silver naturally, and certain feats can improve that. Also, when shifting, they increase this by their Constitution modifier or (character level/4) whichever is lower (minimum 1).
Ancestral Mark: A shifter is one of two main varieties: Beastial or Saurian. Beastial shifters are descended from mammal, avian and fish lycanthropes (werewolves, werecats, weresharks, wereeagles, wereplatipi, etc.). Saurian shifters descend from dinosaur lycanthropes (wererexes, triweretops, wereraptors, wereadon) or reptile lycanthropes (weregators, weremeleons). This mark gives them a +2 on saves against the abilities of the creatures their ancestors turned into and chooses their shifting trait for them. Also, they gain an additional power based on what ancestor they are closest to.
Shifting Trait: A shifter has an ability to shift, to become slightly more like their ancestor from which their monstrous power descends. When they shift, they gain a +2 to one ability and one extra racial power.
Bestial:

Cliffwalk: +2 Dexterity and gains a climb speed of 20 feet.
Dreamsight: +2 Wisdom and gain Speak With Animals active while shifting. Also, any shifter with this trait has a +2 on Handle Animal and Wild Empathy checks
Gorebrute: +2 strength and gain a gore attack on a charge that deals 2d6. This gains a +1 per 4 levels.
Longstride: +2 Dexterity and +10 feet to speed while shifting.
Swiftwing: +2 Dexterity and gains a 20' fly speed (average maneuverability).
Truedive: +2 Constitution and gains a swim speed of 30 ft. Also, any shifter with this trait can always hold their breath for 5 x their Constitution score.
Wildhunt: +2 Constitution and gains Scent ability. Also always has a +2 bonus to survival checks

Saurian:

Broadwing: +2 Dexterity and can reduce falling damage by 40 feet.
Junglerunner: +2 Strength and base land speed goes up by 20 feet.
Raptorleap: +2 Strength and +4 on Acrobatics checks to jump and always treated as having a running start.
Widetail: +2 Constitution and one Tail Slap attack that does 1d6 points of damage with an additional +1 per 4 levels.

Any:

BeastHide: +2 Constitution and +2 to Natural Armor.
Longtooth: +2 Strength and a Bite attack that does 1d6 points of damage with an additional +1 per 4 levels.
Razorclaws: +2 Strength and gain 2 Claw attacks that do 1d4 + (1per 4 levels) points of damage.

Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
Favored Class: Ranger or druid.

DracoDei
2010-09-08, 06:51 AM
Since there is SOMETHING out there that is immune to just about anything, you might as well give mongrel-folk humans a straight +1 to saves (like 3.5 halflings get).

The Tygre
2010-09-08, 04:50 PM
Nice! Got the old band back together! And it looks like you're using some stuff from Green Ronin and China Mieville (spelling?) if my eyes don't deceive me. The Dude is pleased. :smallcool: So ten classes and ten races? Alright, lem'me see here;

Races:
1.) Tiefling
2.) Dragonborn
3.) Genasi
4.) Orcs
5.) Changelings
6.) Kobolds
7.) Thri-Kreen
8.) Vodyanoi
9.) Cactacae
10.) Goblins

Classes:
1.) Warlock
2.) Artificer
3.) Warlord
4.) Spirit Warden
5.) Ranger
6.) Ninja
7.) Bard
8.) Samurai
9.) Knight
10.) Wizard

Can't help but notice there ain't no paladin on that there list...

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-08, 08:27 PM
Some of these races (Drow especially) seem like they need LA.

Dante & Vergil
2010-09-09, 12:32 AM
My choices for classes would be,
Wizard, (or General Arcane Caster)
Cleric, (or General Divine Caster)
Druid, (or Gerneral Nature/Divine Caster)
Artificer, (gotta have a magic item maker)
Warrior, (classic fighter type, but revised)
Factotum, (perfect jack-of-all-trades type)
Rogue, (the perfect sneak)
Ranger, (everyone needs a hunter and tracker)
A Create-Your-Own Adventurer class (for those days you want to be specific with your build).

My races would be,
Human, (the usual suspects)
Elf, (because pointed ears just work)
Illumian, (a weird but awesome race)
Colored Dragonborn, (looks like their parent haritage dragon)
Dwarf, (I have never played one, but I think they are needed)
Warfarged, (For your Iron Guys)
Necropolitan, (for that undead party your going to)
Orc, (bloodthirsty and classic choice)
Halfling, (so you can complete the fellowship of the ring)
Gnome (I like mine to be more serious looking than the ones from WoW).

These would be awesome! http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/Anubis89_2007/wha.png

alchemyprime
2010-09-09, 01:02 AM
Heya Tygre! Glad to see you back! Yes indeed, I did in fact cull a teensy bit from Green Ronin and China Mieville, but they are my favorites. And yes, I fused Crusader and Paladin, because thematically they are the same guy. The big difference was Crusader has no alignment restrictions, so I chose that name for him.

Also, AtlanteanTroll, I am aiming to make it so that every race should be around +1 LA... then ignore LA all together. The basic idea is this: If everyone was LA +2, would LA exist below that? No. So a Prime20 Race in a normal campaign would need a level adjustment, but our goal is to crank the power levels so everyone would normally be about LA +1 or a low +2 (I always rules Drow are a +1 myself. +2s should NEVER have a Con penalty without good SLAs.)

And as for you Dante&Virgil, our Fighter will be revised. Basically, I want to make the following idea behind classes.

Tier 1: Stay out of here. This be where your DM gets pissed and makes rocks fall so everyone shall shuffle off the mortal coil.
Tier 2: Every PC class should be here.
Tier 3: If you messed up a PC class, it may end up here.
Tier 4: The NPC classes! Warrior, Aristocrat, Adept, Gleaner, Magewright, Expert!
Tier 5: No need to exist. Carry on.
Tier 6: Commoner.

So I will greatly revise people and give them tons of goodies. Every class should get stuff every level.

alchemyprime
2010-09-09, 08:44 PM
Hey guys. I have a serious question now.

I asked my group what they wanted to play. And upon seeing the full list, the new guy (I've known him a long while, but he finally lives close enough to play weekly) says "Revenant Incarnate". Our jaws drop.

So the big question: What should Revenants be able to do?

DracoDei
2010-09-10, 03:59 PM
Well, if you are including the Gleaner, you might want THIS (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/printthread.php?t=121215) guy of mine too... I never did manage to express the full extent of the fluff, but... well, they take the ability that makes Paladin a class that changes WORLDS rather than merely heroes alongside good-hearted fighters, and explore it in greater depth. They are accountability incarnate... and they are definitely too weak to be a PC class (although they might make a good follower for someone with a mixed-class non-cohort portion to his Leadership).

The-Mage-King
2010-09-10, 05:41 PM
Hey guys. I have a serious question now.

I asked my group what they wanted to play. And upon seeing the full list, the new guy (I've known him a long while, but he finally lives close enough to play weekly) says "Revenant Incarnate". Our jaws drop.

So the big question: What should Revenants be able to do?

Simply put, the Revenant is bound to its body with some negative energy. Though this is true, it can control the essence of souls due to its superior link to the afterlife. [/Utter BS]

Does that work?

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-10, 08:27 PM
Also, AtlanteanTroll, I am aiming to make it so that every race should be around +1 LA... then ignore LA all together. The basic idea is this: If everyone was LA +2, would LA exist below that? No. So a Prime20 Race in a normal campaign would need a level adjustment, but our goal is to crank the power levels so everyone would normally be about LA +1 or a low +2 (I always rules Drow are a +1 myself. +2s should NEVER have a Con penalty without good SLAs.)

Hmmm. That makes sense, but humans still seem weak to me.

alchemyprime
2010-09-11, 12:25 AM
Hmmm. That makes sense, but humans still seem weak to me.

I will admit, I was a little too conservative with them. Any ideas to make them tougher?

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-11, 07:53 AM
Can't say I do. Which is a shame. Maybe some sort of versatility thing. I'm not sure really.

DracoDei
2010-09-11, 08:05 AM
Well, I thought races were supposed to grow with you... unless that is supposed to be handled separately somehow, you might want to give another bonus feat at every level evenly divisible by 4 or something.

On a similar note, making the skill point bonus +2 per level (and +8 at 1st) instead of +1/+4 might not be out of line with the over-the top feel... or even give them 4 extra skillpoints per level (INCLUDING 1st, so NOT quadrupled), with the stipulation that these can ONLY be spent on crossclass skills... they are so versatile they just can't HELP but dabble...

Also, if you REALLY want to make them versatile, instead of a single favored class of their choice, make them completely ignore all XP penalties for multiclassing!

alchemyprime
2010-09-11, 12:19 PM
Well, I thought races were supposed to grow with you... unless that is supposed to be handled separately somehow, you might want to give another bonus feat at every level evenly divisible by 4 or something.

On a similar note, making the skill point bonus +2 per level (and +8 at 1st) instead of +1/+4 might not be out of line with the over-the top feel... or even give them 4 extra skillpoints per level (INCLUDING 1st, so NOT quadrupled), with the stipulation that these can ONLY be spent on crossclass skills... they are so versatile they just can't HELP but dabble...

Also, if you REALLY want to make them versatile, instead of a single favored class of their choice, make them completely ignore all XP penalties for multiclassing!

Okay. A few things, DD.

1. Race advancement will be handled separately. It will be a at level X, take an ability from list A type of deal.

Basically, bonus abilities to advance your racial traits or background traits. Allowing, say, a Fire Background elf to either gain Fire Resistance or more Fire SLAs, or focus on improving their elf abilities, or focus on improving their general trait. Humans will use this to pick up skill bonuses, extra feats...

Hm... Maybe I will implement that "Humans are the toughest" mechanic...

2. We use an alternate skill system. All skills are Trained or Untrained, picked at first level.
Ranks in Trained skills are equal to your level.
Untrained Skills get an Experienced Bonus equal to half your level.
Class skills get a +3 Class Bonus.
When you multiclass, you gain as many extra skills as you would get, or 1 skill, which every is higher. (ie. a Fighter going into Rogue gets 6 more skills trained because (8 - 2 = 6) and (6 > 1), but a Rogue going to anything else only gets 1, because no class has more than 8 skills trained.) Every class after your first gets a +2 Class Bonus to Class Skills, instead of the +3.
Levels in your favored class improve the Class Bonus for skills by +1.

3. There are no more experience penalties for Multiclassing. I hates them. So instead:
Levels in your favored class get you

+1 HP per level
+1 to the Class Bonus to your Class Skills from this class.
A +1 to one of your Weak saves at 1st level, 7th level and 15th level (picked at 1st level, can't be changed). If your class has no weak saves (I'm looking at you, Monk), instead you get a +1 to one of you saves at those levels, and you must change which one each time.
A +1 on Death Saves if your favored class is your highest leveled class. (Death Save bonuses are hard to come by. Even 20th level characters may end up a +0).

Also, every race has either two favored classes, or can pick any one (Warforged is the exception. They are mighty tough as it is.)

[EDIT] Added Human Versatility to the Human entry.

DracoDei
2010-09-11, 05:32 PM
Ok, so I found the formatting of your last attempt at this too hard to read, and thus didn't, so I don't know your system.

That said, did you look at the Guardian of Minds yet?

alchemyprime
2010-09-12, 10:55 AM
Ok, so I found the formatting of your last attempt at this too hard to read, and thus didn't, so I don't know your system.

That said, did you look at the Guardian of Minds yet?

I did, and I admit I like him, though he seems a little bit weaker than I'd like for an NPC class even (but admittedly, he does get awesomeness every once in a while).

Other names for it?

Man With No Name
Leader
Inspiring Soldier

Just a few ideas. It's hard to come up with one to two word names for some classes.

DracoDei
2010-09-12, 12:25 PM
I can power it up while keeping the same flavor (although I thought it was on a par with the Gleaner... maybe I need to re-read the Gleaner)... and I think I will do so...

Does changing all the yearly abilities into monthlys, the monthlys into weeklys, and the weeklys into dailys sound like a good place to start? Maybe a d8 for hitdice? Maybe add Detect Thoughts if they don't already have that? Perhaps even a 3.5 Paladin style Smite (or a choice between that and a very limited selection of Devoted Spirit maneuvers?).

Also, all the names you gave... well, they wouldn't fit the original concept, although with the revision they will be able to do so better. They aren't meant to fight they are meant to guide and mostly in noncombat situations. They find people who are beginning to stray from the path (whatever that path might be) and get them back on it. I envision that can be VERY gentle in the case of SOME Neutral Good ones for instance.... mostly along the lines of descretely whispering to them "Come on, I will buy you a beer and we can talk about it... whatever 'it' is.". On the other hand, a LE one might stereotypically just alert the secret police, and would litterally be the tip of the spear for the "Thought Police".

The Tygre
2010-09-12, 02:07 PM
Maybe something like 'The Inspirational', then? One of those simple, but distinct, names. y'know?

The Dynamo
The Energizer
The Primum Mobile
Motiver Force
The Instigator

I'm just throwin' crap out there.

DracoDei
2010-09-12, 04:55 PM
Maybe something like 'The Inspirational', then? One of those simple, but distinct, names. y'know?

The Dynamo
The Energizer
The Primum Mobile
Motiver Force
The Instigator

I'm just throwin' crap out there.

All but the first one ("The Inspirational") would apply much more to a bard than these guys usually. They are based around Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, not Aura of Courage (although they have that too...).

alchemyprime
2010-09-12, 06:40 PM
Well, we'll worry about NPC classes after PC classes are at least up and running, alright? Though I do think this Moral Guardian type of a guy could fit in easily, especially as part of a police force leading Warriors and under Incarnates and Crusaders,.

dragonfan6490
2010-09-12, 07:31 PM
Alch, I've got to say that I'm glad to see you pick Prime20 back up.

alchemyprime
2010-09-12, 08:15 PM
Alch, I've got to say that I'm glad to see you pick Prime20 back up.

Glad to see you back! May I request you add this thread to your signature as well, to compliment the old thread and the (terribly out of work) wiki?

dragonfan6490
2010-09-12, 10:16 PM
Haha, not a problem my friend.

alchemyprime
2010-09-13, 01:32 PM
Does anyone know how to work a wiki by chance? I think we'd look snazzy on a wiki of our own! We even had one, but I lost the password. Any help here?

DracoDei
2010-09-13, 03:19 PM
There should be some type of password recovery proceedure for the wiki you had.

Other than that... I don't know where you get one or anything about the coding, but both are very do-able.

Talk to Fax C.?

alchemyprime
2010-09-14, 01:44 AM
Found my password! Hooray! So how about we get the wiki all started up once I get classes ready?

Beyond that:

It is in my opinion that every Tank class needs some form of the following abilities:

A power that raises attack bonuses in a limited range.
A power that raises damage for attacks.
A power that has some unique feel to the class.
A power that raises AC/Defense.
A unique ability of some mystical origin.

So fighters will get Weapon Training (1 and 2), Armor Training (4), Talents (5) and Bonus Feats/Veteran of Battle (3).

Just kinda brainstorming, but I need to get level 1 done for Heretic and Samurai and Sorcerer by Friday (Halfling Samurai, Human Heretic, Human Medic, and Elf Sorcerer is what our party picked. Maybe a Cleric in there too.) Don't worry, finished classes will be the ones we agreed on (maybe with a few extras too).

alchemyprime
2010-09-16, 11:14 AM
Question for everyone: How do I format a table?

I would really like to post up the Samurai, Fighter, and Sorcerer (and once it's a tad bit more done, Cleric and the other classes).

And then we can all edit them in their own threads and link them back. This sounds good to everyone?

The-Mage-King
2010-09-16, 11:33 AM
Question for everyone: How do I format a table?

I would really like to post up the Samurai, Fighter, and Sorcerer (and once it's a tad bit more done, Cleric and the other classes).

And then we can all edit them in their own threads and link them back. This sounds good to everyone?

For here?

Copy-paste this, editing as you need.

{table=head]Name|Something|Something else
Whatever|Anything|Any other thing[/table]

For a wiki?

I haven't the slightest idea.

alchemyprime
2010-09-16, 03:53 PM
For here?

Copy-paste this, editing as you need.

{table=head]Name|Something|Something else
Whatever|Anything|Any other thing[/table]

For a wiki?

I haven't the slightest idea.

Thanks TMK. I just am having problems with two things on Samurai.

1. Skill list.
2. Bonus Feat lists for Spider Style, Wolf Style and Mantis style. Samurai will be based on both OA Samurai and Pathfinder Fighter.

DracoDei
2010-09-16, 08:45 PM
There are MUCH better templates for classes (base and prestige) HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313).

alchemyprime
2010-09-21, 10:28 AM
Thank you for that, DracoDei.

Sorry guys, but I have been busy the last few days with work and school. But, in the mean time, I will be working on a few things.

Cleric
Fighter
Medic
Mountebank
Mystic
Sorcerer

These classes will be in the first playtest. What makes these so special? Well, Cleric, Fighter and Sorcerer are all important classes, as they are great for starters. Medic, Mountebank and Mystic are also fun.

Medic- Show everyone how Healbot how they are supposed to be.
Mountebank- Think part Hexblade, part Duskblade, part Binder. It'll be a lot of dark scary fun.
Mystic- Our Favored Soul. The one my player will be is going to be a reluctant servant to a god, so cleric was out.

alchemyprime
2010-10-06, 01:27 PM
Might as well post before we become a totally dead thread.

Well, bad news. I was about to upload the almost done fighter and talents and ask for anyone's help with formatting them for a thread on this board, but... my file uploader site is throwing a FIT.

Does anyone have a play for .docs besides 4shared or GoogleDocs? So everyone can have a copy to play with then post changes they made here?

The Tygre
2010-10-06, 03:30 PM
Can't really think of any. Sorry. :smallfrown:

The-Mage-King
2010-10-06, 07:13 PM
Scribd, maybe?

alchemyprime
2010-10-09, 03:26 PM
http://www.4shared.com/document/lwaY1hU3/Prime20Fighter.html

http://www.4shared.com/document/aF--xtbW/Prime20Talents.html

For now, we have these .docs of the Fighter and the Talents.

Talents have a point cost. Spend the points, use the action, you can use it. Very similar to psion powers, except all are (Ex), not (Su), (Sp) or (Psi). Also, some have a limit to them, mentioned on specific powers.

So here we are, and any ideas you may have to help me with it would be mighty appreciated.

Because I realize I need help to keep this alive. And I hope all of you can help me.

alchemyprime
2010-10-19, 08:01 PM
Slight update:

We decided to play some Pathfinder the other night to try to feel it and see what we wanted to adapt in. The big conclusions we came to:

Spheres are more fun than Domains, but Pathfinder domains are better than 3.5 Domains.
Blessings will be arranged by domain, not god. Makes it easier on us that way.
Monks can be fun, but we still need to find out how.
Magic items, at least some of them, should scale.

That last one was a big one for us. Some games you can keep replacing your old items (Skies of Arcadia, most Final Fantasys, etc.) but others you keep the item and it evolves with you (Kingdom Hearts being the prime example, Link to the Past once you get the Master Sword).

Now, Weapons of Legacy had a fun job of doing this, but had the awful effect of nerfing your character. And part of my opinion on Prime20 is that "Nerf" is a 4 letter word (like all the ones that would get censored here).

So the new order of business, after looking at Pathfinder, became making some items scale.

Items that are fine are the consumables, and items that really don't need to scale too much. Some that need to scale a bit are CLoaks of Charisma, magic clothing essentially.

Magic Weapons and Armor should scale with you almost every level. "Oh, you hit level 8, so your sword went from +2 Flaming to +2 Flaming Burst!" and such.

But should this be reflected in the item or the player? I'd say we can make a special type of item that you do need to burn feats on, but give you somewhat better stuff than normal items would for keeping it.

Does anyone have any ideas on scaling items?

DracoDei
2010-10-24, 06:10 PM
No, but if you figure it out, please tell the Age of Warriors crowd... the signature weapons thread kinda stalled out.

alchemyprime
2010-10-25, 01:34 AM
No, but if you figure it out, please tell the Age of Warriors crowd... the signature weapons thread kinda stalled out.

Do you got a link for this, Draco?

The-Mage-King
2010-10-25, 09:49 AM
I've got it. Age of Artisans, the book of 53 swords (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156540).

alchemyprime
2010-10-27, 04:17 PM
Also, while we're at it, does anyone know who the guy who made Prowess feats is? I think they'd be a perfect fit here.

Tael
2010-10-27, 04:41 PM
Fax made Prowess feats, but the idea has come up before, although it was generally auto-scaling.

alchemyprime
2010-10-31, 02:23 AM
Ah. Yes, the more I see of Fax's work, the more I realize that we have similar goals, except I wish for a more high powered game akin to superhero comics or anime, whereas the Fax system seems much more balanced along the middle tiers.

And that's okay. And I like it. And heck, I took inspiration from Fax before on these things.

So my thoughts: What if every non-metamagic feat had some sort of Prowess system, and every class had specific feats they had Prowess in?

Ie. Perhaps a sorcerer is better at Spell Penetration, while a Wizard is better with Skill Focus (Spellcraft) and a cleric and druid are better with Combat Casting. Perhaps a fighter is better with all weapons focus feats, a barbarian with a select few, and a rogue with the more... roguish ones (ie. firearms, light blades, saps).

Just some musing.

Also, I think it was Eldan's version I looked at, but I will give Fax's a gander. Thanks Tael.