PDA

View Full Version : My band has a new single, check it out

Vaarsuvius4181
2010-09-03, 01:22 PM
http://www.myspace.com/whensdayband

I am a drummer of this band called whensday, and we have just about no fans. so i thought i would post something here so you guys can check it out. It is professionally recorded.

Vaarsuvius4181
2010-09-03, 05:41 PM
http://www.myspace.com/whensdayband

I am a drummer of this band called whensday, and we have just about no fans. so i thought i would post something here so you guys can check it out. It is professionally recorded.

Feedback??

thubby
2010-09-03, 05:57 PM
the beat is simple and repetitive, but not unpleasant, which is pretty good for a garage band.

tell whoever wrote the lyrics that stringing together a bunch of words that rhyme (or worse, butchering words to make them rhyme) is not good song writing :smallannoyed:

ideally, you need a better singer... or autotune. but then, bands where that isnt the case are the exception :smallsigh:

Snares
2010-09-03, 06:34 PM
You're the drummer? A few bits and bobs of advice: I think the little syncopated beat on the snare you play during some of the beats doesn't quite suit the sound of the song, I'd drop it; nothing wrong with keeping things simple. As one of my old teachers used to say - "Less is more, and even less is even more," and it particularly applies with this style of music. The fills need a bit of tightening up, and the snare sometimes sounds a bit weak (though that may be the fault of the drum or the production and not you. But if you are hitting it a bit weakly, go for it more!). Otherwise, just generally needs a spot of tightening up, and that's nothing that won't come with practice.

As for the song itself, it's not bad. Agreed that the lyrics sound pretty thrown together though. I liked the little solo-y bit.

thubby
2010-09-03, 07:23 PM
(though that may be the fault of the drum or the production and not you. But if you are hitting it a bit weakly, go for it more!)

i can vouch for the rendering process being a cruel mistress.

Ildufra
2010-09-05, 10:07 AM
Only thing I really can complain about is the singing, he dosen't hit the pitch most of the time, and when there are more of you singing it sounds.. Random, you don't sing in the same key or even a key that sounds to fit together.

Pretty good solo though, felt a little short however.

Kiren
2010-09-05, 10:12 AM
Is it just me, or is it reminiscent of Cage the Elephant? During a few parts at least.

Pretty cool song.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 11:53 AM
The lyrics don't bother me, but the singer needs to be either louder and more obnoxious or a better singer. Right now he's just wishy-washy. The production was pretty cool, I like the little auto-tuned bit in the background, and the guitar tones are pretty nice. But the mixing is terrible: the bass is too trebly, the drums are too clicky and not meaty enough, there's just no WEIGHT. I dunno, the mixing coulda been a lot better.

Anyhow: listen to my old bands completely not professionally recorded song from two years ago that I played keys on! :smalltongue: (http://www.myspace.com/parallelsmusic12)

Vaarsuvius4181
2010-09-05, 03:19 PM
The lyrics don't bother me, but the singer needs to be either louder and more obnoxious or a better singer. Right now he's just wishy-washy. The production was pretty cool, I like the little auto-tuned bit in the background, and the guitar tones are pretty nice. But the mixing is terrible: the bass is too trebly, the drums are too clicky and not meaty enough, there's just no WEIGHT. I dunno, the mixing coulda been a lot better.

Anyhow: listen to my old bands completely not professionally recorded song from two years ago that I played keys on! :smalltongue: (http://www.myspace.com/parallelsmusic12)

dude, that song ROCKS! aw man, im a big fan of that. can i buy it somewhere?

Is it just me, or is it reminiscent of Cage the Elephant? During a few parts at least.

Pretty cool song.
I like cage the elephant alot, cant say the same for the singer.

Only thing I really can complain about is the singing, he dosen't hit the pitch most of the time, and when there are more of you singing it sounds.. Random, you don't sing in the same key or even a key that sounds to fit together.

Pretty good solo though, felt a little short however.

Thanks for the advice, i appreciate it, and the second song is coming out soon, which has a lengthy solo, so ill post it. Personally, this is one of our weaker songs, we just needed a poppy single and our fans seem to like this one.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 07:47 PM
Uh, I don't think we have it up for download anywhere... sorry. We were together exactly long enough to record that, write a handful of songs and play a few shows, and for our singer to get into an out of state university. :smalltongue:

Kiren
2010-09-05, 08:02 PM
dude, that song ROCKS! aw man, im a big fan of that. can i buy it somewhere?

I like cage the elephant alot, cant say the same for the singer.

Thanks for the advice, i appreciate it, and the second song is coming out soon, which has a lengthy solo, so ill post it. Personally, this is one of our weaker songs, we just needed a poppy single and our fans seem to like this one.

I like Cage the Elephant alot too, and the singer is not near as good as them. I just thought parts of it sounded a bit reminiscent.

Vaarsuvius4181
2010-09-06, 07:37 AM
I like Cage the Elephant alot too, and the singer is not near as good as them. I just thought parts of it sounded a bit reminiscent.

Well, if it was a compliment, thanks. We are just a garage band really, we dont put out albums and such.