PDA

View Full Version : Doomveil's Anklet and Headband [3.5 Items]

Temotei
2010-09-04, 12:45 AM
Shadow Sun Anklet

This anklet wraps tightly around the wearer's ankle, granting magical stability. It also doubles as a weapon, should the wearer need one in a pinch.

The Shadow Sun anklet grants a +10 bonus on Balance and Climb checks while worn. As well, the wearer can take off the anklet and throw it as a standard action. It functions as a warheart (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5580531&postcount=1) shuriken holding the ghost blade maneuver. Despite the shuriken being treated as ammo and a warheart weapon, it returns to the wielder as if it had the returning property, and is not destroyed upon impact like most ammo. The anklet can be wielded in melee at no penalty, also unlike ordinary shuriken. If wielded in melee, the wearer need not take the anklet off.

Since the Shadow Sun anklet is enhanced with a level 6 maneuver, it is treated as a +3 weapon, but it is not treated as inherently magical. The anklet is treated as a magic weapon for the purposes of being dealt damage and being subject to saving throws, however, as well as for the purpose of bypassing damage reduction. Detect magic and arcane sight will not register the anklet as magical, nor will dispel magic or antimagic field completely negate the anklet's effects--they will only suppress its enhancement bonus to attacks and damage and its returning property, not the maneuver infused into the weapon.

Since the Shadow Sun anklet is not a normal weapon and doesn't look like one, anyone performing a search of the wearer would not ordinarily know the function of the anklet as a weapon. A searcher must succeed on a DC 32 Martial Lore check to know of its weapon usability.

Strong illusion and transmutation; IL 13th; Legendary Battlesmith, ghost blade; price 50,301 gp; 25,301 gp + 2,000 XP.

Shadow Sun Headband

This headband's functions depend on where it is worn. If it is worn over the forehead, the headband grants a +5 bonus on Concentration and Martial Lore checks. If worn over the eyes, it grants blindsight out to 30 feet, as well as immunity to gaze attacks and spells or effects that rely on sight. However, the wearer cannot use their own sight while wearing the headband over their eyes. If worn around the neck, the headband allows the wearer to stop breathing without penalty. This does not allow the wearer to run indefinitely, though they could stay underwater forever without a problem or ignore spells such as stinking cloud. If the creature wearing the Shadow Sun headband does not have a forehead, eyes, or a neck, substitute these locations with suitable replacements on the body of that creature. Some creatures may not have any suitable or similar replacement locations. In this case, the headband simply cannot grant the effects inherent to the position that would normally function.

Moderate divination and transmutation; IL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item, see invisibility, water breathing; Price 20,500 gp; Weight 1/2 lb.

Cieyrin
2010-09-04, 04:07 PM
Not that I want to rain on your parade or anything but I don't think the Anklet works exactly, as Warheart items can't be enchanted, so you couldn't make it returning. :smallfrown:

Also, since it's a shuriken, it'd be destroyed upon impact, since they're treated as ammo. Sad but true. It's an annoyance that I haven't managed to overcome for a shuriken build i lovingly call the Hornet's Nest.

Temotei
2010-09-04, 04:09 PM
Not that I want to rain on your parade or anything but I don't think the Anklet works exactly, as Warheart items can't be enchanted, so you couldn't make it returning. :smallfrown:

Also, since it's a shuriken, it'd be destroyed upon impact, since they're treated as ammo. Sad but true. It's an annoyance that I haven't managed to overcome for a shuriken build i lovingly call the Hornet's Nest.

Gah...you're right.

Right, then. New ability making it work like I want it to. :smalltongue:

I made it 2,000 gp more expensive because it's a warheart weapon and shouldn't have any properties like returning, but now it works...like it should.