PDA

View Full Version : Tauric Supercharger

BenTheJester
2010-09-04, 01:35 PM
I was allowed to play a supercharger next game on the condition that I play a Tauric creature.

I want to make the best of it, so which animal mixed with which humanoid do you suggest?

An animal with few HD and LA, good str and con, nice special attacks/qualities would be nice.

As for the humanoid, I guess human would be good, or a race with high mental bonuses and poor physical ones would do. Again the fewest HD and LA, the better.

herrhauptmann
2010-09-04, 01:48 PM
I would recommend, if you can, to use the Bariaur instead of the tauric template. There's a few versions, BoED, Manual of planes, and others.
It's a tauric shaped creature, but is goat/human as opposed to the centaurs human/horse.
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/planar_gallery/82502.jpg
It's also medium, and advances by character class, so no racial hitdice (at least in MoTP version) and only have a LA of +1 (reading text in MoTP pg 161)

If not, perhaps the halfminotaur-human and something else that's big, just for giggles. That might make you a huge sized creature though. Don't really remember how the tauric template works.

Darrin
2010-09-04, 10:32 PM
I want to make the best of it, so which animal mixed with which humanoid do you suggest?

I have only managed to find one quadraped animal with only 1 HD. Phynxkin, Dragon Magic p. 116. Also gets Pounce (Ex), which can be kinda important for charge builds.

For the top half... if you can get it by your DM, Minotaur of Krynn (Dragonlance Campaign Setting p. 226). 1 HD humanoid (no LA) with a gore attack that does extra damage on a charge. Otherwise, something with a bite attack, such as Darfellen or Poison Dusk Lizardfolk.

Marnath
2010-09-05, 12:05 PM
I like Wemics from forgotten realms, but they have more RHD than you probably need and I think they get bad mental stats.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-05, 12:52 PM
+1 to phynxkin, they also get you the dragonblood subtype which I am sure it might proof useful. The stats are not bad IIRC

IdleMuse
2010-09-05, 02:49 PM
I like Wemics from forgotten realms, but they have more RHD than you probably need and I think they get bad mental stats.

If you're using the Tauric template, I believe the mental stats of the bottom half are ignored.

Marnath
2010-09-05, 03:01 PM
If you're using the Tauric template, I believe the mental stats of the bottom half are ignored.

I'm not. Wemics are an actual race. They're lion centaurs with cat person torsos. :smallsmile: