PDA

View Full Version : (Pathfinder) Bard Songs..need help?

Ixahinon
2010-09-05, 07:41 PM
My bard has 22 rounds of performance now..but I'm confused. Can he inact Inspire Courage (1 Round) hand have it last indefinately? Or is it read as I can have 22 rounds of Inspire Courage total?

Snake-Aes
2010-09-05, 07:47 PM
My bard has 22 rounds of performance now..but I'm confused. Can he inact Inspire Courage (1 Round) hand have it last indefinately? Or is it read as I can have 22 rounds of Inspire Courage total?

It's total. That's why many don't like the 3.5->pf conversion for bards and barbarians.

Starbuck_II
2010-09-05, 08:21 PM

Pathfinder uses round/day instead of use/day. This was an intended nerf to duarion because in 3.5 you could keep it up almost all day with 1 use (unless wanted to cast a spell, but there was a feat for that in Complete Mage I think).

Zore
2010-09-05, 10:01 PM
Bard song duration got really nerfed in the transition, I would talk to the DM about using the 3.5 rules for it if it bothers you. Just over 2 minutes of inspire courage a day is a bit... low for a primary class feature.

JGoldenberg
2010-09-05, 10:20 PM
Bard song duration got really nerfed in the transition, I would talk to the DM about using the 3.5 rules for it if it bothers you. Just over 2 minutes of inspire courage a day is a bit... low for a primary class feature.

Its why homebrewing is so useful I tend to make it 1 min/level