PDA

View Full Version : California Meet-up Discussion Thread

Vaynor
2010-09-06, 03:16 AM
What?
Northern California Meet-up!

Where?
GameScape (http://www.gamescape-north.com/) in San Rafael (Bay Area), CA.

When?
11:00 am - 6:00 pm (PDT) on Sunday, November 14th 2010. (might go longer)

The meet-up will be occurring on Sunday, November 14th 2010 at GameScape (http://www.gamescape-north.com/) in San Rafael (Bay Area). The store is open from 11-6 on Sundays. Please post suggestions for times (I've never done this before and don't know the area). If you have a game you can bring/want to play, let me know (if it requires planning ahead of time especially). Any other suggestions, again, please let me know.

Participants (confirmed participants italicized, possible participants underlined)
Vaynor
IonDragon
Icewalker
Moff Chumley
Deathslayer7
Arutema
The Fiery Tower
ScottishDragon
SilentNight
Elvenblade
Poison_Fish
averagejoe
Alleine
Fax Celestis

Potential Activities
Apples to Apples (ScottishDragon)
D&D game?
OotS Adventure Game (Vaynor)
Danger Patrol (Icewalker)
Munchkin (Arutema)
Zombie Fluxx (Arutema)
Lord of the Rings Board Game (Alleine)
???

IonDragon
2010-09-08, 12:22 PM
I'd be interested as long as it's not too far south. Though my work schedule is wildly erratic. I could probably ask for the day off, but any extra days working are good days for me... There are plenty of shiny new things I want to buy for my new place.

Vaynor
2010-09-08, 02:10 PM
Well I think somewhere central-ish might work best overall, that way we don't limit it to just northern or southern Californians. I'm going to start a list of people who are interested.

Icewalker
2010-09-10, 03:35 PM
::wave::

Heyo. Depending on the timing, I can be in either LA or the Bay Area. Alternatively, if the timing is particularly precise, and we want, you can come to a Live Action RP adventure game with Westfinder in Berkeley. It's pretty excellent, and more people are always welcome and whatnot (although depending on ages, that could also be potentially awkward, as the range usually runs about 14 to about 21 or so).

Deathslayer7
2010-09-10, 06:02 PM
oooo i would be interested depending on where it is held. LA is probably the farthest I could drive, unless prior arrangements were made. But yeah... definitely interested as I live in Las Vegas. :smallsmile:

Vaynor
2010-09-10, 06:24 PM
::wave::

Heyo. Depending on the timing, I can be in either LA or the Bay Area. Alternatively, if the timing is particularly precise, and we want, you can come to a Live Action RP adventure game with Westfinder in Berkeley. It's pretty excellent, and more people are always welcome and whatnot (although depending on ages, that could also be potentially awkward, as the range usually runs about 14 to about 21 or so).

Hmm, I've never really LARP'ed before but I'd be game to give it a shot. When do you guys meet?

oooo i would be interested depending on where it is held. LA is probably the farthest I could drive, unless prior arrangements were made. But yeah... definitely interested as I live in Las Vegas. :smallsmile:

Well right now it's all up in the air. Once we get details I think sorting out rides and such might be a bit easier.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-10, 06:34 PM
I'm interested, as long as it's in the Bay Area. :smallsmile:

Icewalker
2010-09-11, 01:02 AM
Well, we've got full games once per month (which is when I am in the Bay Area, rather than LA, although I could potentially travel for a meetup, it's sketchy).

This is our schedule for October through May this year:

October 16th: Artichoke Salad, by Rowan Abraham
November 13th: Hive: Shadowplay, by Jeremy Gleick
January 1st: Too Soon Forgotten, by Ben Schwartz & Jesse Riemer
January 15th: Spectrum Nations Delegations, by Jenna Brotsky & Molly Fullerton
February 12th: Karolina’s Bloodline, by Tait Melody "Purple" Pan/Adams & Colette Smith
March 12th: The Bestiary of Baton Rouge, by Devon Brinner
April 16th: Uber, by Stefan Hulaj
May 21st: Covenant, by Sam Magness

The one on January 1st might get moved for convenience, but I think this should be pretty much set.

Teutonic Knight
2010-09-11, 02:13 AM
As much as I have been looking forward to this, I am far to busy, with SATs coming up and homework like crazy every week. Plus I don't know tell my parents about attending a meeting of strangers from the Internet whose only connection to me is loosely through an Internet forum they've never heard of.

Maybe when I'm older. :smallsigh:

Arutema
2010-09-11, 02:44 AM
Bay Area here, and not able to travel outside it much at the present.

Vaynor
2010-09-11, 03:22 AM
Ok, cool. It looks like the Bay Area would be the best bet then. Does anyone who actually lives there know of a good meet-up spot/would be able to house participants if it lasts more than a day?

As much as I have been looking forward to this, I am far to busy, with SATs coming up and homework like crazy every week. Plus I don't know tell my parents about attending a meeting of strangers from the Internet whose only connection to me is loosely through an Internet forum they've never heard of.

Maybe when I'm older. :smallsigh:

Tell them we're awesome and totally not crazy (for the most part anyways). :smallbiggrin:

TFT
2010-09-11, 03:56 AM
Oh look, I wait and there is a meet up in my area.

I'd probably be able to go, depending on when/where/what we are doing. I could also suggest a bunch of different events or things to do, but that would also depend on what we would want to do while we are together.

IonDragon
2010-09-11, 05:08 AM
Yeah, I could probably do Bay area. It's not exactly close, but an hour and a half isn't bad. Banned users aren't banned from the meet right? :smalltongue:

I'll almost definitely be bringing Superglucose, because I don't fancy that drive alone.

Vaynor
2010-09-11, 02:18 PM
Where do you live? Because I don't have a car at the moment (I'd probably be taking the train) and could use a ride. I'm currently in Merced.

ScottishDragon
2010-09-11, 02:26 PM
:D Finally since the time I joined there is a california meetup!! I can proboably make it if you host it in the bay area, not so shure anywhere else...

IonDragon
2010-09-11, 09:06 PM
Where do you live? Because I don't have a car at the moment (I'd probably be taking the train) and could use a ride. I'm currently in Merced.
I live in the "Greater Sacramento area" not to get too specific. It sounds like the Bay Area is most easy for many people and it's a fair compromise for me.

Xyk
2010-09-11, 09:21 PM
I'm hoping to move there fall of '11. Hoping to go to UO in Eugene, Oregon. I don't think that's good enough though. :smallbiggrin:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-11, 09:30 PM
Gamescape, in San Rafael, is willing to host a meetup, and they're nice and centrally located. There's also a couple gaming stores in Berkley, one of which has hosted a GitP meetup in the past that I was unable to attend. Because no one told me about it. :smallannoyed:

Vaynor
2010-09-11, 09:32 PM
I live in the "Greater Sacramento area" not to get too specific. It sounds like the Bay Area is most easy for many people and it's a fair compromise for me.

Ok I was just curious if I was on your way, but it seems like you're going to be coming from the opposite direction.

I'm hoping to move there fall of '11. Hoping to go to UO in Eugene, Oregon. I don't think that's good enough though. :smallbiggrin:

I'm afraid not. :smalltongue:

Gamescape, in San Rafael, is willing to host a meetup, and they're nice and centrally located. There's also a couple gaming stores in Berkley, one of which has hosted a GitP meetup in the past that I was unable to attend. Because no one told me about it. :smallannoyed:

I've added that one to the list of possible locations.

Icewalker
2010-09-11, 09:45 PM
So, looks like we're probably doing Bay Area. I can come, if it's one of the weekends I mentioned before (usually the weekend closest to the center of the month), although all day Saturday I will be at the aforementioned game.

SilentNight
2010-09-11, 10:13 PM
I'd be interested in going as well if it's going to be in the Bay Area. There was a Bay meet up at a Berkeley game store called Eudemonia, but if Gamescape is actually willing to host then that sounds like a better option. Depending on timing I might have to get a ride from someone else, I can't drive for the next couple weeks due to a surgery.

Elfin
2010-09-11, 10:16 PM
If there's something in the Bay Area, I'd be interested in coming as well.

Vaynor
2010-09-11, 11:37 PM
Gamescape in San Rafael (Bay Area) seems like the best option we have. What day sounds good to everyone?

Icewalker
2010-09-11, 11:44 PM
October 17th or October 15th are the soonest days I'll be in the Bay, other than right now, but I'm leaving in a week.

IonDragon
2010-09-12, 12:43 AM
I'd be interested in going as well if it's going to be in the Bay Area. There was a Bay meet up at a Berkeley game store called Eudemonia, but if Gamescape is actually willing to host then that sounds like a better option. Depending on timing I might have to get a ride from someone else, I can't drive for the next couple weeks due to a surgery.
Where are you coming from? If it is on my way I wouldn't mind picking up a person or two, though the back seat of my car is small and difficult to get into. Since you will be unable to drive, I'm going to assume your surgery is in some way foot or back related so that may be a problem.

Poison_Fish
2010-09-12, 03:40 AM
I could potentially do the Bay Area during the winter break period of most colleges (Since I am actually from the Bay). Otherwise anyone up in the Seattle/Tacoma/Portland area?

SilentNight
2010-09-12, 10:48 AM
Where are you coming from? If it is on my way I wouldn't mind picking up a person or two, though the back seat of my car is small and difficult to get into. Since you will be unable to drive, I'm going to assume your surgery is in some way foot or back related so that may be a problem.

I'd be much obliged if necessary, I'm in the East Bay, right next to Berkeley. It's actually my shoulder, I've got the arm in a sling for a bit so I don't re-injure it which, although one-armed driving is all well and good, unfortunately voids my insurance.

IonDragon
2010-09-12, 08:34 PM
I'd be much obliged if necessary, I'm in the East Bay, right next to Berkeley. It's actually my shoulder, I've got the arm in a sling for a bit so I don't re-injure it which, although one-armed driving is all well and good, unfortunately voids my insurance.
I wouldn't mind picking you up, though before I say for sure I'll be able to, let's wait until some more details are established.

Once we know date, I'll ask a couple of IRL friends if they want to go, see what car(s) we're taking etc. I'm still not even 100% sure I'll be able to go :smallcool:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-12, 08:36 PM
So, I dunno 'bout you guys, but shooting for December or thereabouts seems like a good idea. Or perhaps around Thanksgiving, November?

Icewalker
2010-09-12, 10:33 PM
I've basically got a specific 2 days per month free in the Bay area, a Friday and a Sunday.

Arutema
2010-09-13, 12:26 AM
Any weekend works for me.

Alarra
2010-09-13, 02:46 AM
Bay area huh? That's not very close to San Diego. I don't think I could make a California meetup unless it were near San Diego, or LA, which I think isn't too far away, but since I live in Maryland, I'm probably not the audience you're looking for. :smalltongue:

Vaynor
2010-09-13, 03:21 AM
Hmm. I think the Bay Area might actually be closer to Maryland than San Diego/LA. :smalltongue:

Alarra
2010-09-13, 01:11 PM
Yes. But my brother lives in San Diego.

Vaynor
2010-09-13, 02:32 PM
So, I dunno 'bout you guys, but shooting for December or thereabouts seems like a good idea. Or perhaps around Thanksgiving, November?

I think November would work best since then Icewalker would be able to come (trying to include as many people as possible). November 14th sound good to everyone?

Also, how long should we plan on this being? I would be taking the train up there since they won't let me bring my car to college yet, and I'd need to buy tickets in advance for specific times. Alternatively, would anyone be driving up the 99 to get there? (or could you drive up the 99 as an alternate route and pick me up? :smallbiggrin:)

Or, would this be more than just one day? If so, is anyone able to house people for a night if needed?

Trying to fit as many questions into this post as possible. :smalltongue:

Yes. But my brother lives in San Diego.

Ah, so it would be a visit/meet-up trip, got it. San Diego is only about 500 miles away, it's not that far. :smallbiggrin:

Deathslayer7
2010-09-13, 03:58 PM
If it's going to happen in San Diego you'll have to count me out. I couldn't make a car trip that far from vegas. :smallfrown:

Vaynor
2010-09-13, 04:40 PM
If it's going to happen in San Diego you'll have to count me out. I couldn't make a car trip that far from vegas. :smallfrown:

Oh, we're not doing it in San Diego. I meant San Diego is 500 miles away from the Bay Area (which still means you probably won't be able to make it, if San Diego is too far).

Deathslayer7
2010-09-13, 06:04 PM
Oh, we're not doing it in San Diego. I meant San Diego is 500 miles away from the Bay Area (which still means you probably won't be able to make it, if San Diego is too far).

sorry i meant San Francisco. :smallredface:

Alarra confused me. I could make San Diego/LA. Can't make San Francisco.

ScottishDragon
2010-09-13, 09:42 PM
I can make the 14th,don't know about san diego or vegas, I can definetaly make a bay area, but not looking forward to a whole days drive for vegas or san diego. Don't change the location just for me though.

Vaynor
2010-09-13, 09:51 PM
Now that Deathslayer has sufficiently confused everyone...

:smalltongue:

To clarify, the current plan is to hold the meet-up in the Bay Area (more specifically, San Rafael at the moment).

Moff Chumley
2010-09-13, 10:38 PM
Might wanna shoot Gamescape an email before we go finalizing anything, of course...

Deathslayer7
2010-09-14, 12:43 AM
Now that Deathslayer has sufficiently confused everyone...

:smalltongue:

To clarify, the current plan is to hold the meet-up in the Bay Area (more specifically, San Rafael at the moment).

I did nothing of the sort! *is indignant* :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-15, 10:45 PM
So... who's in charge of setting this whole thing up? Vaynor?

Vaynor
2010-09-16, 02:20 AM
I guess I could but I really don't know the area at all. I think someone else would be better suited for the job, I just felt the need to get this going. :smalltongue:

I was waiting for a confirmation that the 14th of November was a good date for everyone.

Also, any news on people going up the 99 that could pick me up?

IonDragon
2010-09-16, 03:28 AM
I guess I could but I really don't know the area at all. I think someone else would be better suited for the job, I just felt the need to get this going. :smalltongue:

I was waiting for a confirmation that the 14th of November was a good date for everyone.
I'm too far away to help really.

The 14th is as good as anything given my schedule being as last min. as it is.

Vaynor
2010-09-16, 07:22 PM
Ok I've sent GameScape an e-mail detailing the event. I'll post again/edit this post once I get more information. Can anyone from that area recommend places to eat around GameScape for dinner/etc. I'm not really sure how long this will go on.

Additionally, what did you guys want to do there. We should probably bring some games up to entertain ourselves (anyone have the OotS Adventure Game?). I've never done one of these meetups before so I'm not really sure what's expected.

SilentNight
2010-09-16, 08:28 PM
I brought Apples to Apples to the Bay Area meet-up a while ago, it worked pretty good as an ice-breaker. Alternatively we could roll up some characters and ply a module.

Vaynor
2010-09-16, 10:42 PM
Ok, I received a reply from GameScape. They're fine hosting the meet-up on November 14th. How long is this gonna be? What time should we meet up (store is open 11-6 on Sundays)?

I'll probably be able to get my OotS Adventure Game from home before November as well as a few other games. Let me know if you have any ideas for activities.

I've updated the first post with the pertinent information.

averagejoe
2010-09-17, 12:53 AM
I dunno if I have obligations that day, but I could probably swing it. It's only an hour-ish away from me, so it should be easy.

TFT
2010-09-17, 01:26 AM
On activities, Apples to Apples is always entertaining. Depending of the number, maybe we could do an real life mafia game? :smallbiggrin:

Edit: I can't access the link. I'll try again tomorrow.
Double Edit: Nevermind, links working(And I really should be asleep...)

Alleine
2010-09-17, 02:46 AM
I'd certainly be interested, though I might just chicken out like the last time I remember a meetup being mentioned. Despite being of the age where I can make my own decisions I still tend to ask for permission to do things, and my parents would doubtlessly be upset at a desire to drive roughly two hours to meet with a group of internet stranger. Still, put me down as a possible. I do need to start getting out more.

Vaynor
2010-09-17, 01:33 PM
Well hopefully you guys will be able to make it.

The store is open from 11-6, and they need to know how long we'll be there. I've never done this before so I don't really know how to coordinate the times. Do we want to meet up for lunch first? Meet at the store after lunch? Dinner? I have no idea. Post some suggestions ASAP so I can get the time figured out. :smallsmile:

ScottishDragon
2010-09-17, 05:22 PM
If were doing apples to apples i've got the party box,and expantion 1&2 if you want me to bring it.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-17, 06:51 PM
Apples to Apples would be awesome. Anyhow, since I'm a few miles away, I'll come up with a couple of places to eat/hang out. There's...
Bay Thai. Great food, pretty cheap. But you can literally only fit about 12 people into it... XD
Bareny's, a very good burger place. But it's not very cheap...
Double Rainbow, a cafe/ice cream place. Makes the best grilled cheese I've ever had. :smallbiggrin:
...and a few decent Mexian places. It's in the middle of a big downtown area, there's plenty of places within a few blocks. :smallbiggrin:

Vaynor
2010-09-17, 08:58 PM
If were doing apples to apples i've got the party box,and expantion 1&2 if you want me to bring it.

Yeah bring Apples To Apples. I've marked you down in the first post as bringing it.

Apples to Apples would be awesome. Anyhow, since I'm a few miles away, I'll come up with a couple of places to eat/hang out. There's...
Bay Thai. Great food, pretty cheap. But you can literally only fit about 12 people into it... XD
Bareny's, a very good burger place. But it's not very cheap...
Double Rainbow, a cafe/ice cream place. Makes the best grilled cheese I've ever had. :smallbiggrin:
...and a few decent Mexian places. It's in the middle of a big downtown area, there's plenty of places within a few blocks. :smallbiggrin:

Thanks for the suggestions!

Moff Chumley
2010-09-17, 10:11 PM
Checked callenders. You can put me down on the "definitely attending" list. :smallbiggrin:

Icewalker
2010-09-18, 03:58 AM
Hah! I live on the other side of the bay, and went to this place for the first time a couple weeks ago (too far away for me to've heard of it before then, got other local places). That's hilarious, same place. Aaaanyway, there's a game (the one I was going there to play, in fact), called Danger Patrol. Real simple system (can be learned in like 5-10 minutes of explanation), largely story-based tabletop involving fantastic and ridiculous over the top epic heroics. It can work quite well as a no-DM cooperative story system as well.

Here's the basic rules, they're online.
http://www.dangerpatrol.com/

It's set in a campy old space adventure kind of setting, although when I played the guy had revamped the setting (but none of the mechanics or classes) to be a very high fantasy steampunk setting, which was loads of fun.

Vaynor
2010-09-20, 07:23 PM
Sounds cool, I've added it to the first post as a potential activity.

Fax Celestis
2010-09-28, 04:20 PM
I may be in attendance. We'll see.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-28, 11:38 PM
YAY! I get to bother Fax in real life! :smallbiggrin:

Gullara
2010-09-28, 11:53 PM
I never get to go to these things:smallfrown:

Central Canada meet up anyone?

Vaynor
2010-09-29, 05:02 PM
I'll come if you'll buy my plane ticket. :smallwink:

IonDragon
2010-09-29, 08:48 PM
I am sadly, probably not going to be able to come. I've recently got a rather large, very, very personable dog who needs me more. Plus, none of my IRL friends really want to go. :(

Alarra
2010-09-29, 09:54 PM
If I have free airline tickets by then, I might be able to come.

Krade
2010-09-30, 03:36 AM
If this were a bigger (see also: longer full weekend kinda deal), I would try to manage this. But if it's only one day then there's no way in hell I'd be going all the way across the country for it.

Vaynor
2010-09-30, 03:42 AM
Yeah it's meant to be more of a local meet-up, perhaps we'll try a larger scale meet-up in the future though.

Hope to see you there, Alarra!

Alarra
2010-09-30, 02:28 PM
Actually, count me out.

Elfin
2010-10-03, 01:34 PM
I've been trying my best to secure the time; luckily, for me, location isn't much of an issue, but I may have a couple of conflicts schedule-wise.
So: hopefully I'll be able to make it, but I can't yet be sure.

Vaynor
2010-11-06, 08:01 PM
The meet-up is just over a week away! I'll be sending out a reminder soon.

For now, anyone else interested in attending?

Elfin
2010-11-06, 08:32 PM
It is...and, unfortunately, it appears I won't be able to make it.
It's quite a bummer - I've really been looking forward to going - but not something that can really be helped.
Oh, well. :smallfrown:

But I hope you guys have a great time. :smallsmile:
I'll make sure to get there for the next one.

ScottishDragon
2010-11-06, 11:00 PM
So whats the plan when we get there?We just gonna play my apples-to-apples,dnd,maybe the oots adventure game untill it's time to leave while discussing oots?

Alleine
2010-11-06, 11:54 PM
Already messaged Vaynor this, but I'll be unable to attend. I'll be out of town that weekend and would be short a car even if I wasn't. Its really too bad, I was looking to cement my title as the Skittle King.

IonDragon
2010-11-07, 04:54 AM
There is again a chance I will be able to attend. My cousin loves my dog, and also loves to dog sit because he doesn't really like staying at home.

I think it would be cool if someone wanted to run a D&D oneshot game. If we got it set up we could get our characters ready before hand, do the whole submission and collaborative backstory thing before we get there.

Vaynor
2010-11-08, 03:10 AM
Sounds good to me, is anyone interested in running a game?

Fax Celestis
2010-11-09, 02:49 PM
I'm out, guys, sorry. I didn't realize the UC Berkeley vs. Stanford quidditch game was the same day.

...though if you want to change venue and crash it with my wife and I, in Berkeley, that would be pretty awesome.

Icewalker
2010-11-09, 03:09 PM
I'm still intending to be there, albeit unsure of how to get there. If we follow Fax and it's in Berkeley I'll have no trouble. :smalltongue: But seems like it may be best to keep it where it is. I'll probably work out a way to get there, although we'll see...I do have a paper due a few days after too. :smallsigh:

Arutema
2010-11-09, 04:41 PM
I'm closer to Berkeley than San Rafael, so either way works for me.

Vaynor
2010-11-09, 05:37 PM
I'd be fine either way. I'll send out PM's momentarily to all those who were interested in attending and ask if they'd prefer it to be/be ok with it being in Berkeley.

If enough people respond as being ok with the change of location quickly, we'll see.

Fax Celestis
2010-11-09, 08:34 PM
To be clear: I don't live in Berkeley, I'm just going there for the quidditch game.

Vaynor
2010-11-09, 08:55 PM
Oh, you mean host the meet-up at the quidditch game?

I misunderstood you then, I think we'll keep it where it is if that's the case.

IonDragon
2010-11-10, 12:58 AM
I really hope quidditch is being substituted for a real sport, otherwise I'm am baffled at how I was previously unaware that people were able to fly, and more importantly that there was a sport out there that violent.

Icewalker
2010-11-10, 02:08 AM
No, it's actually kind of Quidditch. I don't know the details of how they handle anything past the main ball sport though...

Vaynor
2010-11-10, 03:22 AM
I'm pretty sure they just run around with broomsticks and play Quidditch (with different rules for lack of magic, obviously).

Icewalker
2010-11-10, 03:42 AM
Yupyup, hence my not knowing how they handle things like bludgers or the snitch...

IonDragon
2010-11-10, 05:05 AM
It's not really quidditch unless someone's legs get broken.

SilentNight
2010-11-10, 10:11 AM
If I'm correct, bludgers are black dodgeballs and the snitch is a track-runner dressed in yellow. :smallbiggrin:

Vaynor
2010-11-10, 02:51 PM
Ok I think for now we're going to keep it at the same location unless someone has a place we can host it in Berkeley with such short notice.

SilentNight
2010-11-10, 08:09 PM
Eudemonia (where we had it last time) has plenty of space and tables, it worked out pretty well.

lord pringle
2010-11-13, 11:36 AM
Well I might be able to come and run a game. Hell I even know a spot near Berkeley that wouldn't mind hosting us.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-13, 01:08 PM
I vote we leave it in San Rafael... because I won't be able to come otherwise... :smallfrown:

Arutema
2010-11-13, 02:19 PM
I vote we leave it in San Rafael... because I won't be able to come otherwise... :smallfrown:

Now is a little late to change venues.

Are we certain where it is and how many are coming?

Vaynor
2010-11-13, 04:38 PM
We're definitely leaving it at San Rafael. See you all tomorrow!

There's a list in the first post, but it's not final.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-13, 05:31 PM
Good. I'll be there around 11:30, 12:00.

IonDragon
2010-11-14, 06:18 AM
OH HOLLY CRAP THAT'S TOMORROW (technically today, but i haven't gotten to sleep yet)

Well, it looks like I won't be able to make it. I'm working graveyard tonight, and don't get off until 7 AM. I could probably survive the drive down there, but I think it would be hazardous to others on the road if I tried to drive home after.

I will be there in spirit. Someone please take way too many pictures for me.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-11-14, 09:01 AM
I second this demand of pictures!

SilentNight
2010-11-14, 10:49 AM
I'd oblige if I had a camera. I'll probably show up between 12:30 and one, I may have to split early as well.

Vaynor
2010-11-14, 10:50 AM
Sorry you can't make it IonDragon, we'll get lots of pictures.

I only have my phone camera, but that should be good enough.

ScottishDragon
2010-11-14, 09:10 PM
Mettup was fun vaynor,had a great time(even though I left at three and meetup is prob still going as I type).Sad that I left before I could play the oots adventure game.as what I saw when I was there I think it would be more fun if we got a 1-shot campaign and we decided characters before hand. I have hero lab and I can print out character sheets.Then we could go and already be ready.

Fax Celestis
2010-11-14, 10:39 PM
This should be done again, in the near future. <_<

Moff Chumley
2010-11-14, 10:44 PM
Yes. Yes it should.

SilentNight
2010-11-14, 11:25 PM
A one-shot would be fun, I've got some concepts I'd like to try out.

Arutema
2010-11-15, 01:06 AM
I may run a PF one-shot next time. I'm slowly gathering the tools I need to DM it.

Vaynor
2010-11-15, 02:54 PM
Alright, here's the pictures from yesterday. The meet-up was fun, it was nice to meet all of you. :smallsmile:

(I also enjoyed kicking ass at Munchkin and Apples to Apples :smallwink:)

Group Shot #1
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/GitP/IMG_0723.jpg
For those who weren't there (from left to right): Moff Chumley, Arutema, Arutema's hat, Vaynor, SilentNight, Icewalker, Icewalker's friend, Averagejoe

Group Shot #2 (outside, better light)
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/GitP/IMG_0724.jpg
Left to right: Arutema, Vaynor, Moff Chumley, Averagejoe, Icewalker, SilentNight, Icewalker's friend

Misc
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/GitP/IMG_0721.jpg
Icewalker and Averagejoe while playing the OotS Adventure Game.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/GitP/IMG_0720.jpg
ScottishDragon (before he managed to sneak off before the group picture without saying goodbye :smalltongue:) and SilentNight playing Munchkin and the OotS Adventure Game respectively.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/GitP/IMG_0719.jpg
My attempt at getting a picture of the game without bothering to stand up, hence the blurriness.

ScottishDragon
2010-11-15, 07:34 PM
Alright, here's the pictures from yesterday. The meet-up was fun, it was nice to meet all of you. :smallsmile:

(I also enjoyed kicking ass at Munchkin and Apples to Apples :smallwink:)

Group Shot #1
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/GitP/IMG_0723.jpg
For those who weren't there (from left to right): Moff Chumley, Arutema, Arutema's hat, Vaynor, SilentNight, Icewalker, Icewalker's friend, Averagejoe

Group Shot #2 (outside, better light)
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/GitP/IMG_0724.jpg
Left to right: Arutema, Vaynor, Moff Chumley, Averagejoe, Icewalker, SilentNight, Icewalker's friend

Misc
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/GitP/IMG_0721.jpg
Icewalker and Averagejoe while playing the OotS Adventure Game.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/GitP/IMG_0720.jpg
ScottishDragon (before he managed to sneak off before the group picture without saying goodbye :smalltongue:) and SilentNight playing Munchkin and the OotS Adventure Game respectively.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Vaynor/GitP/IMG_0719.jpg
My attempt at getting a picture of the game without bothering to stand up, hence the blurriness.

:smallfrown::smallfrown:Well now i'm real sad,missed the goup pic,at least i'm in the misc.I'm the blonde 13yr old!!

Blue Ghost
2010-11-15, 07:36 PM
Nice to see you had a good time. Maybe I'll be able to make it next year.

IonDragon
2010-11-15, 08:46 PM
Nice to see you had a good time. Maybe I'll be able to make it next year.

It sounds like it was a resounding success and may not be a year before another! (Though it will probably be a couple of months, so after new years)

Elfin
2010-11-15, 09:40 PM
Glad to hear it went well - wish I could have made it, but I'll make sure to come next time.

CapedLuigiYoshi
2010-11-16, 02:11 AM
...I find it odd that I didn't know about this and I actually live in that city.

lord pringle
2010-11-16, 09:40 AM
Dang it! Stupid choral performance. Oh well. Next time I can come and game master. What system?:smallbiggrin: Oh yeah, when?

Deathslayer7
2010-11-16, 06:15 PM
make it LA next time and ill try to make it. :smallwink:

Icewalker
2010-11-16, 09:45 PM
I can do LA or the Bay Area depending on if you put it at the right times.

Vaynor
2010-11-16, 10:14 PM
I'd be able to make an LA meet-up if it happens during my winter/summer break.

As far as future Bay Area meet-ups go, I'd most likely be unable to make those as they're a bit too far for me (at least until I get access to a car again); I only managed to make this one because averagejoe generously offered to give me a ride.

Arutema
2010-11-16, 10:36 PM
Should we hold one at Dundracon? It's held President's Day weekend in San Ramon.

ScottishDragon
2010-11-16, 10:47 PM
Should we hold one at Dundracon? It's held President's Day weekend in San Ramon.

I could make it if we hold one at dundracon.

Fax Celestis
2010-11-16, 10:53 PM
Oh man, I haven't been to DunDraCon in yeeeeeears.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-17, 12:00 AM
What is this DunDraCon you speak of? *to Google!

Arutema
2010-11-17, 01:39 AM
What is Dundracon? This. (http://www.dundracon.com/index.php)

Pocketa
2010-11-17, 02:21 AM
I'm so late to this thread.

I can do the Bay Area. Berkeley is best. Eudemonia, Games of Berkeley, etc. are fine venues.

I'll probably be working at DunDraCon if anyone wanted to visit me, by the way. 17 year old girl in costume with weaponry = __?

Fax Celestis
2010-11-17, 10:24 AM
Games of Berkeley

Ha! I was there Sunday!

Maxios
2010-11-17, 12:05 PM
I can't belive I missed the meet-up :smallannoyed:

The_JJ
2010-11-18, 12:00 AM
I'd be able to make an LA meet-up if it happens during my winter/summer break.

As far as future Bay Area meet-ups go, I'd most likely be unable to make those as they're a bit too far for me (at least until I get access to a car again); I only managed to make this one because averagejoe generously offered to give me a ride.

How nice, I'll be out of LA at those times.

Vaynor
2010-11-18, 03:05 PM
I might be able to make it to DunDraCon, we'll see. I know a few people who are going so I might be able to tag along with them (not sure how they're getting there).