PDA

View Full Version : Lol, my baby sister is genre savvy

Gamerlord
2010-09-06, 08:25 PM
So I am in the living room, calmly relaxing. When the TV switches on. I look around, and want to know what I see? My 2 year old baby sister having switched on the TV with the remote. Apparently she knows the big red button ALWAYS does something important :smalltongue: .

WarKitty
2010-09-06, 08:28 PM
Watch out when she gets older. She might try to stage a dragon kidnapping.

Marnath
2010-09-06, 10:33 PM
Kids are quick learners. This is why it's necessary to be careful what you say around them, since you might just hear it back from them at an inopportune moment. :smallwink:

Dr.Epic
2010-09-07, 02:28 AM
I wouldn't call the ability to recognize the "On" button on a remote control as genre savvy.

Another_Poet
2010-09-07, 02:40 AM
I wouldn't call the ability to recognize the "On" button on a remote control as genre savvy.

I think if you were totally absorbed in tvtropes there would be some maxim about Big Red Buttons that you would instantly recognize in that post.

Since you don't, I assume you aren't, and my respect for you skyrockets like Sunshine Mario with a full hydro pack.

(Which is not to say that I haven't any respect for tvtropers, just that it's not my thing and I appreciate others who feel likewise.)

Gamerlord
2010-09-07, 08:01 AM

Actually, she has never seen anyone press that button, we just turn on the television via the power button on the television.

Killer Angel
2010-09-07, 08:06 AM
Actually, she has never seen anyone press that button, we just turn on the television via the power button on the television.

Well, it's a remote and it has a lot of buttons on it: It's the kind of thing that attracts childrens' fingers, especially the colored buttons. :smallwink:

Zaggab
2010-09-07, 09:08 AM
My cousin's daughter, who is barely 2, already know what makes a sweet ride. She told my aunt (her grandmother) who has a 15 year old car, that her car was bad and she should buy a new one. Then she told us who in the family has the best car. Another aunt's family won, because they have a fairly new Mercedes.

I don't know if it's sweet or scary.

littlekKID
2010-09-07, 09:53 AM
Well, it's a remote and it has a lot of buttons on it: It's the kind of thing that attracts childrens' fingers, especially the colored buttons. :smallwink:

stop ruining the fun in pretending a 2 years old kid read tv tropes with your...logic...word...things! :smalltongue:

KenderWizard
2010-09-07, 04:00 PM
stop ruining the fun in pretending a 2 years old kid read tv tropes with your...logic...word...things! :smalltongue:

Buffyspeak?! :smalltongue:

littlekKID
2010-09-07, 06:42 PM
Buffyspeak?! :smalltongue:

Why not?
:smallwink: