PDA

View Full Version : Into the East [closed]



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Dr._Bob
2005-02-05, 03:23 PM
Sometimes I almost forget how it all began. Who knows whether it was just chance or if it was fate that we all happened to be in that tavern (what was its name again? the Black Bat?) that night.

It must have been mid Elient, since it was only a tenday before Highharvestide as I recall, back (could it really have been that long ago?) in the Year of the Firedrake (713DR).

I can't really remember what brought each of us individually to Hlondeth in general and the Black Bat in particular. I often wonder what different path my life would have taken if I had just decided to spend the evening in a different pub that night...


It is just another night in Hlondeth, the City of Serpents. You find yourself in another forgettable tavern, having a light supper and relaxing by the hearth. The barkeep has announced last call, and the fire is dying down. Only you and three other adventurers, each sitting alone and lost in his own thoughts, are left in the tavern.

You are just getting ready to pick up and head out into the night when the front door crashes open and a desperate robed figure plunges into the room. He is completely bald and dressed in a fine yellow cassock. There is fresh cut on his scalp, and the blood has run down the left side of his face and stained the collar of his robe crimson.

He bolts the door then turns wild-eyed to the five of you (including the barkeep) in the room, "By the gods, please help me! We need light! More light!"



OOC: The Into the East OOC thread is here (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=play_ooc;action=display;num=11072078 44).

Frojoe21
2005-02-05, 03:28 PM
Aeroz, Elf expert

*Jumps out of his chair and runs to the old mans side*
"Whats wrong, what in the nine hell just happened."

*Aeroz grabs a table cloth and tries to bandage the man*,

(Heal check, untrained {17})

Lithandrill
2005-02-05, 09:38 PM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill jumps out of his chair and draws his blade while running to the man.*
"Whats wrong Goodman? How can I help?"

"Lithandrill keeps an eye on the door to make sure nothing followed the man.*

The_Oz-Man
2005-02-06, 02:43 AM
Wottworte, Halfling Expert

*Wottewort extinguishes the last of his rolled-up 'smokin' stick' as the man enters, stomping out the embers under his boot. He doesn't get up but only watches, leaning back in his seat with a cool smile. He speaks with a relaxed drawl, a warm look behind his dark eyes as he watches the elf tend to the intruder's wounds.*

"Whoa there, mon. Slow yaself down now. We can't be helpin' ya if ya don't give us more specifics, right?"

*He reaches into a pouch and removes a small pick, turning it over in his hands as he turns over his thoughts in his head.*

Geez... mon looks desperate. Wonder wot he means by all dis...

Dr._Bob
2005-02-06, 10:52 AM
Shrugging off Aeroz's assistance, the man shouts, "You don't understand! We need more light!"

With the door bolted, he runs over to the hearth and starts throwing in additional logs. He then takes a small wrapped package out of his robes, and unwraps it by the fire.

"I have no choice," he says more to himself than to any of you, as he lifts a glistening serpentine dagger, turning once again to face the room.

"We don't want any trouble here," cautions the barkeep as he reaches under the bar.

Lithandrill
2005-02-06, 10:59 AM
Lithandrill
*Lithandrill's gaze leaves the door and follows the man as he pulls a dagger.*

"Now now put the weapon away and we will talk. Why do we need more light? What is it that you ran away from?"

He needs more light? What can he mean by that? And what is following him?

Frojoe21
2005-02-06, 11:12 AM
Aeroz

"Listen, put the dagger down, now, what do you mean by more light?"

*He readies himself to tackle the manf.*

[OOC: If he tries to lunge at anyone or tries to kill himself, Aeroz readies to grapple the man]

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-06, 12:29 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn deep in prayer and soul searching slowly realizes the nature of the interruption. If it is more light the man wants lets see what I can do, he thinks to himself.

*Sedryn reaches into his pack and pulls out his everburning torch and lantern. Sticking the torch in a nearby holder walks over the fire to light a stick to light the lantern.*

Once finished says, “There, now we have more light, could you tell us what this is all about?”

Dr._Bob
2005-02-06, 12:49 PM
The man's scalp continues to bleed as he holds the wavy-edged dagger in two trembling hands. "She moves in the shadows!" he gasps.

His eyes widen as he looks past and behind you. "She's here!"

Turning, you see a woman step out of the shadows in the corner of the room. She is slight of build with short, red hair. She wears black leather armor and a black cloak. Though the hood is thrown back, deep shadows make it hard for you to get a good look at her features.

Before anyone can react, she lifts her hand wordlessly as if to say hello, then she closes her fist. All of the lights in the bar go out simultaneously, including Sedryn's everburning torch and lantern.

The man screams in the darkness.

Frojoe21
2005-02-06, 01:44 PM
*pulls out his rapiers and begins to look around for a torch*

"you, the guy who has the torch, light it!"

Dr._Bob
2005-02-06, 05:53 PM
The magical darkness leaves the entire room in shadows, for humans, elves, and halflings alike.


OOC: Please submit two Spot checks each. (You can use the Online Dice Roller in my sig on any other one you prefer. Just be sure to send the result to rkshin@mac.com.)

Frojoe21
2005-02-06, 06:03 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

[ i sent you the rolls.]

"DAMMIT. where the hell is some light!!?"

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-06, 06:11 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

*Sedryn begins casting a spell saying, "May Lathander Light our way!" and completes casting Light.*

{OOC - Spots checks emailed, plus an initiave roll (just in case.)}

Lithandrill
2005-02-06, 09:40 PM
Lithandrill

"Great! I can't see ****!"

*Lithandrill carefully pokes around him with his blade trying to see if anyone is aproaching him*

((OOC: Submited the rolls......damn I throw like **** XD))

Dr._Bob
2005-02-07, 12:44 AM
Sedryn's light spell seems to die, almost as if it was swallowed up by the darkness. A faint glow is all that results.

In the resulting shadowy illumination, each of you is barely able to make out each other moving in the darkness. None of the vague figures you see seem to be the woman however. The robed man groans in fear. Through the shadows you can see him slashing the air with the kris dagger in desperation.

Only Aeroz and Sedryn spot the dark cloaked figure of the woman as she rises up behind her target and strikes. The man sags, then collapses to the ground almost silently. The dark figure crouches down over his body and picks something up, her face still cloaked in shadow.

The_Oz-Man
2005-02-07, 01:26 AM
Wottworte, Halfling Expert

*The halfling fumbles for a moment in the darkness for his everburning torch, only to quickly realize that it is powerless. Returning it to his pack, he produces his rapier and stands poised to strike. He begins slipping back into a corner of the bar, guiding himself with his hand and being careful to move as quietly as possible*

If I can't see her, I'll make damn sure she can't see me...

(OOC: Move Silently roll sent plus initiative; just add another 2 to the Move Silently.)

My Character Sheet! (http://www.3eprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=17087)

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-07, 12:00 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

*Sedryn rushes over to the fallen man and casting defensively, casts cure moderate wounds on the fallen man.*

"May Lathander renew you to health." Intones Sedryn completing his spell.

{OOC - Sedryn sacks Silence to cast CMW 2d8+3
Concentration +7, DC 17, rolls on the way.}

Dr._Bob
2005-02-07, 12:30 PM
Sedryn crouches next to the fallen man and grabs his hand. He is almost face to face with the woman, yet because of the shadows he can not make out her features clearly.

Wottworte backs into a corner, weapon ready, while Lithandrill pokes about himself cautiously in the gloom.

Frojoe21
2005-02-07, 05:18 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

*pulls out is two rapiers and moves cautiously, his foot tracing each step before he makes it. He begins to look to the door.

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-07, 05:23 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn draws his heavy mace and prepares to defend the fallen man, saying "Hold and explain yourself, you shall not harm him futher."

{OOC - Sedryn readies an action, if she attempts to harm the man or cast a spell, Sedryn will attack with his mace.

Profiler is down right now, when it is back up I will send you the rolls and list my stats.}

Lithandrill
2005-02-07, 05:26 PM
Lithandrill

*I keep poking around cautiously and prepare to disarm the woman if I happen to see her.*

"Show yourself Witch Woman"

Frojoe21
2005-02-07, 05:41 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

OOC: if i can see her outline then ill try for a sneak attack if she trys anything sudden

*positions himself at an angle where he can sneak attack if necessary.*

"Come out, come out wherever you are", aeroz mutters quietly.

The_Oz-Man
2005-02-07, 06:13 PM
Wottworte, Halfling Expert

Bloody ingrates... if ya gonna be sneakin' around, best be doin' it quietly...

*Wottworte remains absolutely still, rapier drawn, waiting for the moment that the woman (or any of these other strange people in the bar) attempts to strike him.*

(OOC: Readying action...)

Dr._Bob
2005-02-07, 06:52 PM
The woman's eyes lock with Sedryn's as they face each other across the fallen man's body. For a moment he braces himself for an attack, but instead, she winks and tumbles away into the darkness.

Lithandrill continues to poke about the room, bumping into chairs and tables noisily. Wottworte, on the other hand, patiently waits with his back against the wall.

Aeroz waits near the door and is rewarded when he sees the woman's form rise up next to the door, unbolting it. He lunges and she cries out as one of his rapiers pierces her side. Then the door opens and she is gone.

Frojoe21
2005-02-07, 06:55 PM
Aeroz, Elf expert

"dammit, will someone clear this damn darkness!!, And what in the nine hells was that all about!"
*sigh* "well there is no use crying over spilled milk."

*he feels around for a chair and then sits down"

Lithandrill
2005-02-07, 08:44 PM
Lithandrill

"Ugh I really have to lay of the booze, this is getting to my heads."

*He puts one of the chairs he bumped over up again and sits down.*

One moment I am drinking my last bit of ale, the other a man bursts in and is followed by some weird shadow chick. Hell I didn't even get to see if the lass had looks to match that sneaking of her. Well she didn't take out those lights to conceal her stunning beauty I am sure.
Sigh Never a dull moment.

"A gold piece for the first to tell me what the hell just happened and another one for the one who can get rid of this damned darkness."

"Lithandrill puts his two-hander back in the sheet across his back."

The_Oz-Man
2005-02-07, 08:58 PM
Wottworte, Halfling Expert (http://www.3eprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=17087)

*Wottworte hears the door unbolt but stays in place, waiting for the darkness to clear. He doesn't move; he barely breathes.*

(OOC: Action still readied...)

Dr._Bob
2005-02-07, 10:17 PM
The darkness dissipates slowly, revealing Wottworte in the corner, Lithandrill and Aeroz sitting quietly as if nothing had happened, and Sedryn kneeling beside the wounded man, tending to him. The bartender, trembling and sweating, puts his loaded crossbow down on the counter and wipes his brow. Bewildered, more than anything else, no one speaks.

Heavy footsteps pound the pavement outside and you hear someone passing by on the street exclaim, "The Emerald Guard!" The footsteps stop abruptly, with a jangle of armor and weapons, outside of the tavern and a voice barks, "Throw down your weapons and come out quietly!"

The_Oz-Man
2005-02-07, 11:30 PM
Wottworte, Halfling Expert (http://www.3eprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=17087)

Well, dis don't bode well...

*Wottworte leans his rapier against the wall and against a table, dropping his crossbow and bolts next to it. He moves with a casual natural precision: slow and laid back but incredibly smooth. He steps into the center of the bar and scopes out the group; with his body firmly in the center of the group, the gigantic wart on the tip of his nose becomes more than apparent for the first time.*

"Well, mon, I s'pose we ain't got nuffin' to hide. If'n they comin' in, we best be goin' peaceful-like, eh?"

*He chuckles a bit--the timing is a bit awkward, but he certainly seems cool about the whole situation.*

"Call me Wottworte--Wottworte Riffleraff. Should we go outside then, mon?"

Lithandrill
2005-02-08, 12:34 AM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill unbuckles his sheet and prepares to go outside*

"Well no need to make a fuss about it I guess"

*He looks at the halfling and his brow lifts slightly at the sight of the wart.*

"Like you said master Halfling, We ain't got nothing to hide. Call me Lithandrill for now."

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-08, 12:44 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Once the light returns Sedryn examines his patient. "Are you alright?", he asks.


Heavy footsteps pound the pavement outside and you hear someone passing by on the street exclaim, "The Emerald Guard!" The footsteps stop abruptly, with a jangle of armor and weapons, outside of the tavern and a voice barks, "Throw down your weapons and come out quietly!"

Once Sedryn is sure the man is stable, he places his weapons at the table he left, walks to the door and shouts, "I am Sedryn priest of Lathander, I am coming out unarmed, I am tending a wounded man so be quick about your questions."

{OOC - Heal check ( +8 )on the wounded man, if he needs more healing Sedryn will cast CLW}

Frojoe21
2005-02-08, 08:14 AM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz angrily whispers"Keep quiet! If that witch has allies coming here you dont want to alet them of our presence. Sedryn, was it? Aeroz is the name."

*stands up and loads his crossbow, preparing for a fight from the oncoming people*

Dr._Bob
2005-02-08, 09:43 AM
Sedryn's "patient" is stable but barely conscious, mumbling, "... the kris... the kris..."

The voice from outside gives an ultimatum, "You have 15 seconds before I start sending in men! One... two... three..."

The barkeep is the first out the door. With his hands raised, he exits crying, "Don't shoot! Don't shoot!"

Lithandrill
2005-02-08, 09:50 AM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill walks outside with his sheet in his hand*

"Ah the guards, never there when you need them. Hiowever they always waste your time afterwards.
Friends, I must disapoint you the criminal already got away, but thanks to our servant of the morning god she did not suceed in her mission. Now thats out of the way I asume we are free to go?"

*Lithandrill puts up a roqueish grin and readies to attack anyone who goes hostile on him.*

The_Oz-Man
2005-02-08, 10:53 AM
Wottworte, Halfling Expert (http://www.3eprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=17087)

*Wottworte rolls his eyes as he hears Lithandril's statement outside.*

Damned human. Needs to know when to fight and when to lay low.

*Wottworte follows Lithandril and the barkeep outside, his hands in the air. His loud voice can easily be heard inside the bar as he steps out.*

"All right, mon. We got nuffin' to hide. Do whatcha must, but we ain't did nuffin' wot needs concealin' from the law."

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-08, 11:21 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Aeroz, if she had allies they will be gone. She got what she came for, although she would have probably preferred to kill the old man to keep him from talking." says Sedryn as he joins the others outside to talk with the guard.

Sedryn addressing the guard, "May I return to my patient? He is stable for now but still needs my care."

Frojoe21
2005-02-08, 06:41 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

*Goes over to Sedryns "patient" and retrieves the dagger.*

"The kris, right?" He asks in an impatient voice " is this the kris?"

Dr._Bob
2005-02-08, 09:17 PM
Lithandrill, Wottworte, and Sedryn face more than a dozen soldiers in half-plate armor.

Six are aiming heavy crossbows. Six others carry lanterns and bared longswords. Three additional men have helmet crests signifying that they are officers; the one with the most elaborate crest is apparently the captain leading the group. All are wearing the deep green livery of the queen's guard; golden embroidered serpents on their tunics glitter in the lantern light.

The captain asks the barkeep, "Is that all of them?"

"M'lord, I believe there is still one inside, plus a bald man in a yellow robe. The man in yellow is injured as the priest indicated."

The captain's eyes narrow, then he turns to one of his officers, "Bring out the ambassador's aide. Kill the other one if he resists."

One of the lieutenants leads four soldiers (two with heavy crossbows, two with longswords) into the tavern.

...

Aeroz finds no dagger. The wounded man lies with his eyes closed, still mumbling, "the kris... the kris..."

Frojoe21
2005-02-08, 09:20 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Whats all this about?"

*stands up to face the guards.*

"He was saying something about a Kris."

Dr._Bob
2005-02-08, 09:27 PM
The soldiers unceremoniously disarm Aeroz and escort him outside. Two of them carry out the wounded man and lay him next to the captain. "He lives, sir."

The captain frowns when the lieutenant shows him Aeroz's rapier, which still has some blood on it.

"What happened here?" he demands.

Frojoe21
2005-02-08, 09:30 PM
Aeroz

"The man came running in here screaming we need more light. Then some woman walks into here, casts some darkness spell, and attacks this guy. I managed to land a hit on her before she left. Then he starts mumbling about some kris"

A quizical look crosses his face.

"...What? You think I killed him?"

Lithandrill
2005-02-08, 09:43 PM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill shakes his head*

"I assume you are the captain of these guards, sir?
Well me and my fellow patrons where making ready to leave at this late hour. When suddenly an injured man, closely followed by a woman, enters. The woman must have been some arcane witch since she made our surroundings totally dark in which the woman was able to escape with whatever she came for. It all happened in mere moment if you had showed up a minuted earlier than you did you might have been able to catch her."

*All the time Lithandrill keeps grinning it the guards.*

"I see that you lads wear half plates. A bad choice if I might say so, more cumbersome than the full plate, yet it offers less protection. Now Captain if you see no more reason to detain me, I would like to be on my way."

*Suddenly Lithandrill turns to the elf*

"Why Master Elf if you managed to land a hit, wouldn't there be some kind of trail of blood that these gaurds might be able to follow?"

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-09, 01:35 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"That man is badly injured had needs care and rest! You should not have moved him." Sedryn exclaims. Sedryn moves to the mans side to see if he needs any care.

Addressing the Captain Sedryn says, "This man drew a serpentine dagger, saying 'she moves in the shadows.' then the woman appeared cast darkness and attacked the man. I rushed to his side and cast a healing spell. Before I could reach him the woman picked something up and then fled. I assume it is the Kris he is mumbling about."


"Why Master Elf if you managed to land a hit, wouldn't there be some kind of trail of blood that these gaurds might be able to follow?"

"That is a good thought Captain maybe you should check it out while I finish treating my patient." remarks Sedryn.

Frojoe21
2005-02-09, 05:26 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

*overhearing the remark, Aeroz shouts out "Perhaps she bandaged it up, or her clothing absorbed most of the blood. Use some common sense, its not like she attacked while in the nude!!!"

Lithandrill
2005-02-09, 05:31 PM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill casts a disdainfull look to Aeroz*

"And you know how? If you take into account that it was completely dark it might have been possible, and by no acount you have the evidence to rule out the possibilty"

*He turns his back on the elf and mutters*

"You don't have to shout arrogant ((ENTER FOUL LANGUAGE HERE. JEEZ THIS A BOARD FOR BABiES?))"

Frojoe21
2005-02-09, 05:42 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Ok smart guy, we'll see who's right. *Do you see any blood outside?"

An idea occurs to him.

"The blood on my rapier, is there any spell that could find who the blood came from?

[OOC: Dennis Leary does not exist in the in game universe, I suggest you modify your post]

Dr._Bob
2005-02-09, 06:12 PM
The captain watches as Lithandrill and Aeroz argue.

A litter is brought to the site, and the man in the yellow robe is carried away.

The captain questions the barkeep, who gesticulates and points to each of you as he tells his story. You can not hear what he says exactly. The captain listens without interrupting, then dismisses the barkeep curtly. The man bows repeatedly as he backs away. He enters his tavern, then closes and locks the door.

The captain turns to you. "You four will come with us. Witches out of the shadows you say? Under normal circumstances I would not have lent credence to such tales, but there has been much death this night, so I suppose a "shadow witch" is as plausible an explanation as any other. The Inquisitor will want to speak to you himself, I am sure."

To one lieutenant he orders, "Secure the area. An Investigator will be here shortly."

He and the rest of his troop escorts you toward the center of the city.

The_Oz-Man
2005-02-09, 06:16 PM
Wottworte, Halfling Expert Extraordinaire! (http://www.3eprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=17087)

Well, mon, that certainly don't sound no good...

*Wottworte doesn't put up a fight as he escorted into town. His ears perk up at the mention of the "shadow witch," and he looks up at the apparent leader of the guards.*

"Eh, mon... much death tonight, ya say? Wouldja mind tellin' a bit more? I be wonderin' if'n I kin be some help to ya..."

Frojoe21
2005-02-09, 06:20 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

*Aeroz reluctantly follows the guards*

"Too fast to be a witch, by my reconing. An assasin maybe..."

Dr._Bob
2005-02-09, 06:43 PM
The captain shrugs off any attempts at conversation.

As you head deeper into the heart of the city, the architecture changes. More and more buildings are made of the renowned green marble that Hlondeth is famous for. Intricate carvings of snakes decorate the walls, and serpentine statues line the rooftops, acting as gargoyles/waterspouts.

You are headed toward the Emerald Citadel, home of the Queen. The serpentine motifs remind you that the Queen is rumored to be half yuan ti. It seemed ridiculous when you first heard it, but now begins to almost seem plausible.

You pass through the Inner Gates, but instead of heading into the Citadel, the captain turns left and takes you into a large two story marble building.

You are escorted to a bare room and you are instructed to wait until you are called for. The captain closes the only door to the room behind him, and you hear a key turn in the lock.

You have all of your possessions except for your weapons, which were carried by one of the soldiers and have presumably been deposited somewhere in the building.

Looking around the room, you see four green marble walls. Four glowing stones set into the ceiling provide the only light in the room. There is no furniture. The only door is made of reinforced oak. A small window set in the door is shuttered from the outside.

Frojoe21
2005-02-09, 06:49 PM
Aeroz,Elf Expert

"Well then, a fine mess I've gotten myself into..."

*mutters to himself the names of his cell mates. He then takes out a silver peice and begins to flip it and catch it, repeatedly. He looks around

"first one who calls it right gets the coin"

*flips it*

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-09, 08:26 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn seeing that the man is being cared for follows the guard without complaint.

Upon reaching the holding area will kneel toward the east and meditate until called.

The_Oz-Man
2005-02-09, 08:32 PM
Wottworte, Halfling Expert Extraordinaire! (http://www.3eprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=17087)

*Wottworte finds the most comfortable place to sit and takes it, leaning back and resting his head against his arms. He removes his thief's tools from his pack and begins fiddling with them nonchalantly. He looks up nonchalantly toward Aeroz as he flips the coin.*

"Heads."

Lithandrill
2005-02-09, 08:44 PM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill sighs and sits againsts the wall and tries to meditate a little*

They better not lose my Father's sword

Frojoe21
2005-02-09, 09:31 PM
As the coin falls, Aeroz catches it. he looks at the coin

"Sorry, Tails. I keep the coin" He laughs a little "better luck next time"

he pockets the coin and props himself up against a wall. He nods off.

Lithandrill
2005-02-09, 11:16 PM
((OOC: What happens to our mounts? I am guessing that they where left at the tavern?))

Dr._Bob
2005-02-09, 11:45 PM
An hour or two passes, and Wottworte is seriously considering breaking out of the "waiting room" when you finally hear footsteps approach.

"I would like to talk to the suspects."

"Of course, my lord."

Keys rattle in the lock and the door opens. Instead of a squad of soldiers, a pale, gaunt figure wearing a green cloak and carrying a small wooden stool steps into the room. Before the door closes and is locked again, you catch a glimpse of two members of the Emerald Guard who have been silently guarding your door (and possibly eavesdropping) the entire time.

The man in green looks the four of you over for a few moments before speaking.

"I am Prozen, one of the Queen's Investigators. I will require a statement from each of you regarding your involvement in the attack on the Thayan ambassador and her retinue this evening..."

He reaches into his cloak as he speaks and takes out some parchment and a quill. He then takes a seat on the stool.

Lithandrill
2005-02-10, 09:58 AM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill eyes the man who just came in but decides to let his "cell mates" do the talking.*

I don't like these people, they are all so smug of themselfs while they couldn't even lift my sword let alone my armor. Oh well if you forget about that they are nice enough I guess. *Oh wait........didn't he asked for each of our statements? ....I think he did....

*Suddenly Lithandrill jumps up.*

"WHAT?! That guy was a Thayan? *As in Thay?! As in red wizards?! Damn......I don't like where this is going, the cleric saved the life of some Thayan Minister......great"

*Shaking his head Lithandrill turns to the "lord" and repeats the statement he gave to the guards.*

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-10, 12:01 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn bow to the the Queen's Investigator saying, "Prozen, I am Sedryn, priest of Lythander. We were all relaxing in the pub each minding their own toughts when the man, the Thayan, burst in, wounded saying 'More light we need more light.' He was excited and agitated. One of the others at the tavern tried to bandage his arm and was brushed off, while the Thayan added wood to the fire. I got out my everburning torch and light my lantern hoping more light would calm him so we could understand what his problem was. Mumbling something about having no choice, he drew a serpentine dagger, saying 'she moves in the shadows.' then a woman came into the tavern, cast darkness and attacked the man. I rushed to his side and cast a healing spell. Before I could reach him the woman picked something up and then fled. I assume it is the Kris he was mumbling about. As the woman fled one of the others wounded her as she went through the door. Before we could follow the guards called for our surrender. I would appreicate an explanation of why we are here and what is going on."

Dr._Bob
2005-02-10, 01:20 PM
Prozen continues to write as you each tell your version of the incident in the bar, occasionally asking questions to clarify one point or another.

As he does so, however, he allows one sheet of parchment to fall to the ground in front of you. Since you take turns speaking, each of you gets a chance to read the message:


You are in grave danger.

The Thayan ambassador has been assassinated along with most of her retinue, and a valuable artifact has been stolen. The ambassador was under the protection of the Emerald Guard at the time of her death. There will be a call for the guilty to be found and punished quickly.

You will no doubt be accused of these murders and will likely be executed within three days (after the formality of a quick "trial").

The ambassador's aide who survived the attack would likely have corroborated your story. Unfortunately, he has apparently died unexpectedly of "complications" while in the custody of the Emerald Guard.

There are powerful forces that oppose any rapprochement between Hlondeth and Thay. Clearly, one of them is behind this act. Apparently, the Emerald Guard has been compromised as well.

The Queen can not act openly against the Guard, but she can facilitate your escape before you are executed. In return, she requests your assistance in tracking down the true assassins. Once the true assassins are brought to light, perhaps the traitors within the Inner City can be identified as well.

It is not much of a choice. Life in secret service to the Queen, or death. If you agree to the terms above, nod your head.

Lithandrill
2005-02-10, 03:35 PM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill cuts a little piece of him open on his armor spikes (1 damage?) and uses his nail to write a short message on the back of the paper.*

I will help. Where are our weapons?

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-10, 04:37 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

After reading the note, Sedryn nods and then says a quiet prayer for his former patient.

{OOC - Did I cast the CLW on the man? Just want to make sure my spell list is correct.}

Frojoe21
2005-02-10, 05:50 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

*nods then stands up, then moves next to the man. He whispers quietly "When?"

Dr._Bob
2005-02-10, 10:29 PM
Prozen continues questioning you as he writes:

"Be ready shortly before dawn."

He then concludes the "interrogation". He tucks his papers away into his robe and picks up his stool. He calls for the guards to open the door, then exits without looking back.

The door is again closed and locked. You have several hours before daybreak.

Dr._Bob
2005-02-11, 12:13 PM
Each of you sits silently, hardly acknowledging each others presence...

Shortly before dawn you hear a pair of footsteps outside in the hallway.

There are some mumbled words exchanged between the two newcomers and the guards, then suddenly there is a brief scuffle that ends with two muffled cries.

You are already on your feet when the door is unlocked and opened. There are two members of the Emerald Guard outside the door, breathing heavily. The original sentries are dead. One soldier is busy switching weapons with the dead guards, in order to make it look like they were killed with their own weapons.

The other guard points you down the hall. "Hurry! We can give you a two minute headstart, then we must raise the general alarm. Make for the docks. The Sea Lion leaves at dawn, make sure you are on it. Your weapons are in the next room."

Running, you burst into the indicated room. A third guard lies slain here. Your weapons are piled on a table in the corner.

After grabbing your weapons, you retrace your steps out of the Emerald Guard barracks. You pass two more bodies at the door, then you are back on the streets of the Inner City.

You run for the gates. Thankfully, at this hour there is no one on the streets, but as you approach the main gate, you see four members of the Emerald Guard blocking your way. One raises his hand, indicating that he wants you to stop.



OOC: The guards are 120 ft away, wearing half plate and carrying ranseurs.

Frojoe21
2005-02-11, 04:02 PM
Aeroz, Elf expert

Aeroz draws and loads his crossbow

"Out of our way"

He takes aim

[OOC: readying action, if they charge, Aeroz fires]

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-12, 02:17 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Upon seeing the guards Sedryn invokes a prayer, "May Lathander's Blessing be upon us all." Then louder, still moving toward the gaurd, Sedryn says "Certainly, my good sir how may we assist you?" Sedryn attempts to move with 30' and then enchant the gaurd leader.

{OOC - Sedryn casts Bless on all of the party, +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves vs fear effects duration 3 minutes. Then if he gets within 30' of the guards he will cast Charm Person on whoever appears to be the leader, Will save DC 13 duration 3 hours.}

Lithandrill
2005-02-12, 12:43 PM
Lithandrill

"Today we march under the raven and the dragon! ATTACK!"

*Lithandrill loses himself in the euporia of battle and charges the nearest guard.*

d20+8 to hit. 2d6+4 dmg

Dr._Bob
2005-02-12, 02:56 PM
At Sedryn's words, the leader of the guards seems to hesitate for a moment and almost seems to relax.

Unfortunately, the spell is broken as he sees Aeroz level his crossbow at them and as Lithandrill screams and charges toward him.

The leader is cut down immediately by Lithandrill's greatsword. The two of the other guards draw their swords, while one turns and runs toward the gatehouse, presumably, to raise an alarm.


OOC: Sedryn casts bless as you appoach the guards (surprise round), then casts Charm Person. Aeroz readies an action. Lithandrill disables one of the guards. Awaiting Wottworte's action.

Initiative order:

Sedryn: 20 (19+1)
Aeroz: 19 (16+3)
Lithandrill: 14 (15+1)
Wottworte: 11 (3+8)
Emerald Guards: 9

The_Oz-Man
2005-02-13, 03:22 AM
(OOC: Whoa, sorry. Valentine's Day weekend and all that.

...I love my fiancée! :D )

Wottworte, Halfling Expert (http://www.3eprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=17087)

*Wottworte frowns when he sees the guards. While the rest of the group seems content to either cast spells or rush into combat, he hangs back, waiting for a tactical opening. He draws his rapier slowly and maneuvers to get into a position to use it...*

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-13, 12:18 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn will shift 5' toward the gate house and casting defensively DC 17 (if anyone is near him), summon a Celestial Badger and place it between the gaurd and the gate house.

{OOC - Summon Monster I, full round action, range 30', duration 3 rounds

Celestial Badger
HP:6
Move: 30
AC: 15
Attack: Claw +4 1d2-1
Full Attack: 2 claws +4 1d2-1, bite -1 1d3-1
Special: Rage - if the badger takes damage he flies into a rage +4 STR, +4 CON, -2 AC. *Rage lasts until the badger or the opponent are dead. *Badger can't voluntarily end the rage.

Smite Evil 1/day +1 damage
Darkvision 60'
Cold, Acid, Electricity Resistance 5
Spell resistance 6}

Frojoe21
2005-02-13, 12:59 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

[OOC: Aeroz scraps the readying action bit.]

Aeroz Fires the crossbow at the guard near the guardhouse

For hit: d20+5

Damage: 1d8+3

Lithandrill
2005-02-13, 07:56 PM
[color=Red][Lithandrill/color]

*Lithandrill takes a steptowards the next opponent and once again slashes him with his blade.*

Dr._Bob
2005-02-14, 12:13 PM
The guard running toward the gatehouse skids to a stop in surprise when a small silver haired badger suddenly appears in his tracks.

The guard is about to thrust the badger with his ranseur when Aeroz's crossbow bolt catches him between the shoulder blades. He arches his back and cries out in surprise and pain.

As Lithandrill closes on the two remaining guards, one thrusts towards him with his ranseur. Ducking under the thrust, Lithandrill slashes upward, drawing blood.

The wounded guard steps back and both he and his partner jab their ranseurs at Lithandrill. Lithandrill, feels the spearhead of one slip between two plates of armor into his left flank.

The third guard tries to overrun the small badger, but is driven back by its small, but sharp, teeth and claws.

Meanwhile, Wottworte edges around the outside of the melee and finds himself with his back against the Inner Wall, looking at the backs of the two guards as they try to keep Lithandrill at bay.

The_Oz-Man
2005-02-14, 09:28 PM
Wottworte, Halfling Expert! (http://www.3eprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=17087)

Perfect.

*Wottworte holds for a moment, waiting for the opportune opening in which to strike. When he gets the chance, he thrusts the rapier into the back of the nearest and most apparently wounded guard.*

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-15, 12:28 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn rushes to Lithandrill's side stayinr out of the areas threanted by the guards, and tries to asses the wound. *If it appears very he will sack Lesser Restoration to cast CMW, or if it doesn't look to bad he will cast CLW. *(If he can't tell he will cast the CMW.)

{OOC - Spot +2, Heal +8, Rolls on the way.}

Dr._Bob
2005-02-15, 03:48 PM
Sedryn places his hand on Lithandrill's left shoulder (carefully avoiding any spikes), and the wound on Lithandrill's flank stops bleeding immediately.

Meanwhile, Aeroz has reloaded his crossbow and he shoots the same guard again, disabling him. As the guard drops to his knees, the celestial badger's jaws clamp down on his right wrist and the ranseur clatters to the cobblestones.

Reinvigorated, Lithandrill closes with the two remaining guards as they thrust at him. Both ranseurs skid off of his heavy armor as he whirls forward. Lithandrill roars as his greatsword decapitates one guard and then bites deeply into the second's side.

The guard grimaces and falls back, attempting to stab Lithandrill one more time, only to be run through by Wottworte, who had snuck up behind the melee.

With all of the guards either slain or disabled, nothing stands between you and the old town beyond the Inner Wall.



OOC: Sedryn judges the wound to be mild and casts CLW on Lithandrill. Aeroz reloads and fires his crossbow. Lithandrill finishes off the wounded guard and then hits the second guard. Wottworte sneak attacks (failed critical) the second guard, disabling him. Final result: one guard slain, three guards disabled or dying.

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-15, 04:41 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"I was hoping to charm our way past them. Oh well." reflects Sedryn

Sedryn dismisses the badger and quickly asseses the wounded. If any seem in imediated danger of dying he will cast Cure Minor Wounds (1 point) before continuing to the ship.

Lithandrill
2005-02-15, 06:35 PM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill lies the dead guard against a wall and lies his ranseur next to him*

"You where a worthy opponent may your afterlife be peacefull"

*He finishes with a prayer in draconic."

"Now lets get out of here before more of them arrive!"

Frojoe21
2005-02-15, 07:42 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Good thinking"

Aeroz heads to the guard tower to see if there is a lever ot open the gate

Dr._Bob
2005-02-17, 02:28 PM
The main gate was barred shut, but the four of you are able to removed the iron-reinforced oak beam without too much difficulty.

You open the gate slightly and slip out. Behind you, you can hear the alarm being raised. Your escape has been discovered. However, since the gate guards were dispatched quickly, you have several minutes headstart.

A lightening of the sky in the east reminds you that dawn will soon break. The docks are downhill mostly from the Inner City, but it will still be a good 10 to 15 minute run if you plan to head straight there to look for the Sea Lion.



OOC: Please check the OOC thread when you get a chance.

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-17, 04:16 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Upon hearing the alarm Sedryn heads as quickly as he can for the ship.

{OOC - How many Cure Minor Wounds did I cast to stablize the guards?}

Frojoe21
2005-02-17, 07:39 PM
Aeroz, Elf expert

Aeroz also makes a break for it. Looking around every so often to see if they are being followed

[ooc: spot check, 14]

Dr._Bob
2005-02-17, 11:55 PM
Aeroz, Lithandrill, and Sedryn make their way through the crooked streets of the Old City down toward the docks. As best they can tell, they don't seem to be being followed. The few people on the streets pay them no mind. Aeroz's eyes dart back and forth, and he occasionally looks behind them, but he sees no sign of pursuit.

You are more than halfway to the piers when you realize that Wottworte isn't with you. The rasta halfling seems to have peeled off, perhaps deciding that he would be better off alone than in a group.

When you arrive at the docks, you see quite a bit of milling around. Crews and loaders are working feverishly to prepare a good score or more ships (varying from small fishing boats to large warships) for departure at daybreak. It doesn't take long for you to find the Sea Lion (a large galley), but as you arrive, you see that its moorings are in the process of being thrown off, and a half dozen longboats are about to begin towing it out into the harbor.

You are running towards the gangplank, which has not yet been retracted, when a hooded, green cloaked man steps out from behind a pile of crates and raises his hand to halt you.

Frojoe21
2005-02-18, 08:17 AM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

What now?

*Aeroz draws one of his rapiers*

"What do you want with us?"

Lithandrill
2005-02-18, 10:27 AM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill comes to a halt just in front of the figure, his greatsword still in his hands. He stands towering above the figure.*

"State your business or step aside man, I don't have much time."

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-18, 12:17 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn says to his companions, "Can we let the man talk? Must your swords do all your thinking for you?" His exasperation showing over the unnecessary death of the guard.

Addressing the green cloaked man, "How can we help you, as you can see we have a ship to catch." pausing to hear what the man has to say.

Dr._Bob
2005-02-18, 05:24 PM
The man lowers his hood, revealing his pale, gaunt face. It is Prozen, the Queen's Investigator.

"You've arrived just in time. Where is the halfling?"

When you explain that Wottworte seems to have gone his own way, Prozen shakes his head grimly. "Well, let us hope that Yondalla watches over him. I suspect he seriously underestimates the danger he is in."

As he says this, he seems to be reminded of the urgency of the situation.

"The good news is that the Emerald Guard has no jurisdiction outside of Hlondeth, but on the other hand, the Queen's aegis will not extend across the sea either. You three will be on your own in a sense; yet, I think you will be safer across the sea than you would be if you stayed in Hlondeth.

"Having said this, you will still have many enemies. A bounty will no doubt be placed on your heads as "escaped assassins of a Thayan ambassador". Thay has spies everywhere. No doubt they will be on the lookout for you here and in the East.

His voice drops to a whisper, "The assassin you saw was a shadow walker. She and her team will no doubt be returning to Telflamm with the kris knife.

"The kris is an artifact created centuries ago by a necromancer from the Vilhon Reach named Sethra. It has great power and, in the wrong hands, could seriously compromise the chances of peace between Hlondeth and Thay. No doubt this is why the traitors in the Emerald Guard have allied with the Shadowmasters of Telflamm.

"Intercept the assassins before they reach Telflamm or track them down there. Avoid capture, rescue the kris and return it to Hlondeth and you will be pardoned and richly rewarded.

"Thay and Telflamm have their spies, but so do I. My agents will have their eyes on you. They can not afford to act openly to assist you, but they will report back to me on your activities. I trust that you will not disappoint me.

"I have arranged passage for you to Velprintalar, capital of Aglarond. After that you will have to make your way to Telflamm as best you can. Best of luck, for both your sake and the Queen's..."

Prozen turns his back on you and vanishes into the crowd.

You are able to get on board just as the Sea Lion pulls away from the dock. Once the galley enters deeper water, the slaves begin to pull on their oars, and you head out toward the rising sun.



OOC: The sea voyage will be an opportunity to gather some information IC and to "roleplay" a little. If you need any OOC clarification about anything in Prozen's little speech, PM me or post the question in the OOC thread.

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-18, 06:32 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)


"Intercept the assassins before they reach Telflamm or track them down there. Avoid capture, rescue the kris and return it to Hlondeth and you will be pardoned and richly rewarded.

"Is that all?" comments Sedryn.


"Thay and Telflamm have their spies, but so do I. My agents will have their eyes on you. They can not afford to act openly to assist you, but they will report back to me on your activities. I trust that you will not disappoint me.

"Prozen, how will we know them? Is there a password? Is there a way we might get a message to you if needed?" Sedryn asks.


"I have arranged passage for you to Velprintalar, capital of Aglarond. After that you will have to make your way to Telflamm as best you can. Best of luck, for both your sake and the Queen's..."

"Did you remember our mounts as well?" Inquires Sedryn after him.

Frojoe21
2005-02-18, 07:59 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Sedryn, I could really care less if we had a god on our side, I just want out of this place. I have absolutely no desire to be chased across the sea, land or anywhere else. Besides, where are we being taken?"

Dr._Bob
2005-02-18, 09:37 PM
Sedryn gets no direct answer to his questions. Prozen ignores them and is gone before he can be pressed on those issues.

His brusque manner suggests that your welfare is not his highest priority; in fact, you get the distinct feeling that his "spies" will hardly be your allies and are more likely going to be his way to make sure you keep your end of the "bargain."

On a good note, however, as you orient yourself to the galley, you discover that Sedryn's and Lithandrill's warhorses are indeed in the hold, looking uncomfortable along with the other livestock being carried across the Sea of Fallen Stars.

Lithandrill
2005-02-18, 11:15 PM
Lithandrill

*For the first time since their escape Lithandrill lets out a long drawn out sigh*

"Pfew we are lucky to have gotten out of there as well as we did." *

*As Lithandrill finds his horse he is pleasantly suprised.*
"And there was I, thinking that I had thrown away my money on that horse."

*He says his little prayer in draconic.*

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-19, 01:08 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Well it looks like we are in for a sea voyage. Anybody hurt? I have a few spells left." Sedryn states after seeing to his horse and mule.

Frojoe21
2005-02-19, 12:32 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

*Aeroz looks around to see if he can find anyone to talk to. He turns around to Sedryn and Lithandrill*

"Hey?, Anyone know where this ship is taking us?"

*Aeroz slips two of his daggers into his boots, and one into each sleave, leaving the Fifth one on his belt*

[OOC: the daggers are now concealed and were put there so that Lithandrill and Sedryn saw him do so. Beisides, where is everyone?

Dr._Bob
2005-02-19, 06:15 PM
As the ship sails into the rising sun toward the open sea, it raises a green and gold banner signifying that the Sea Lion is a sovereign vessel of Hlondeth. The banner snaps in the breeze, pointing the way to the Unapproachable East as the slaves' oars aid the billowing sails.

You wander the ship, which will be your home for at least a couple of weeks. The elevated fore and aft decks are restricted to crew only. There are several lower slave decks that are off limits as well.

You have berths in the cargo holds, which is where all of the goods, livestock, and other passengers will spend the trip. There are at least two dozen other travellers on board, including some Theskan merchants and Aglarondan half-elves in addition to a number of adventurer types no doubt heading to the East in search of adventure.

There is a large cabin that serves as sort of a common room/mess hall, where simple meals are provided for the passengers. Since this is one of the few chambers on board with windows, almost all of the passengers gather here to gossip, trade goods, drink and gamble outside of mealtimes as well. There really is little else to do to break the monotony of the long journey. The "Lion's Mess" thus essentially functions as a floating tavern and marketplace for all of you.


OOC: This might be a good time for each of you to "introduce" yourselves formally to each other and to gather information about some of the places and names mentioned by Prozen. You may even want to discuss if you trust Prozen and whether or not you want to pursue the "mission" or not. If there are any special items or goods you need, you might be able to barter or buy them on board as well.

Frojoe21
2005-02-20, 01:17 AM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

*Aeroz heads into the Lions mess and gets himself something to drink. He takes a seat where ever he could find one and begins to look around to see if there are any interesting people.*

Unless something interesting happens soon, I'll be bored out of my skull.

Dr._Bob
2005-02-20, 10:18 AM
The mess hall is a large cabin 100 ft long and 40 ft wide, located amidships. Shuttered windows have been thrown open to let in the sunlight and fresh air.

Long tables and benches are bolted to the wooden floor. There are probably at least a dozen people in the mess right now. Merchants and adventurers mostly. They seem harmless enough so that your gaze doesn't linger on any one in particular.

A group of three women enters the mess - a pretty human with a blond ponytail (a sheathed longsword slung across her back marks her as a warrior), a lithe elf with short white hair (she carries only a dagger at her waist), and a tall woman (race indeterminate) wearing a gray cloak, hood up, obscuring her face. Like everyone else on board, they are unarmored. They order some drinks, grab some seats in the corner, and huddle together as they drink and talk.

Lithandrill
2005-02-20, 10:51 AM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill too goes into the mess hall and orders a nice cold ale*

"Hmmm some mess heve I gotten myself into"
*He laughts at his own bad joke*

"Well this ale and the ones to follow should lighten up the days I spend here, and hell on sea I am going to get sick anyway."

*With a big grin he emptied the glass at a draught. Shaking his head he orders the next as he looks over to the women who just entered, after having looked them up his grin turns slightly roqueish*

"Who knows maybe there are some ladies here in need of "rescue" on our long lonesome trip."

*Quickly he shakes of the thought and turns to Aeroz*

"The next drink is on me friend. It looks like we havn't had an chance to properly introduce ourselfs.
I am Lithandrill Derasi (Translated as He who has a dragon soul or He who respects dragons. It might even be translated into We who is not one of us but is.) of Battledale, Son of Iskand the Valiant.
And who might you be?"

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-20, 11:53 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

After spending the moring in prayer and quiet comtemplation, Sedryn makes his way to the mess.

"Good morning gentle people" greets Sedryn as he enters the mess. *Spotting his fellow 'secret agents' he sits next to them. *"Hello, since we have not had time for introductions allow me to remedy that. *I am Sedryn a preist of Lathander. *I was sent by the head of my order to serve the order, I fear this assignment is going to delay the completion of my duty."

{OOC - edited typo, 'be' should be 'by'}

Frojoe21
2005-02-20, 12:20 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

*Aeroz turns to Lithandrill*

"Maybe they will. My name is Aeroz. I come out of Calimport. I used to be part of a small time theives guild. So, preist, what is your mission anyways?"

*He finishes his drink*

"So you were saying the drinks are on you?" he says with a sly smirk

rainbowvet
2005-02-20, 01:29 PM
Sitting at a secluded table in the "bar", you notice what you think is a human sitting alone. *In fact it appears the other patrons are giving wide berth to the table and its occupent. *The reason, to gaze upon his face is starttling. *If not for the total absence of orcish features, one would swear he was an ugly half-orc. *He is missing a good portion of this left ear, the left side of his face is a mass of scar tissue, and his left cheek appears to have been caved in. *The *right side of his face is more normal, but still is cross hatched with scars and the features are distorted. *His eyes, the only relatively normal features on his face, are gey and distant. *However, as you meet his gaze from accross the room, you see both lonliness and steel flicker in them for a moment before he turns away, as if to spare your sight from his ugliness.

He is wearing well-traveled clothes of greens and earthtones and a green hooded cloak. *He has a scimitar at his side, a composite longbow propped against the adjacent wall, and a chain resting accross his shoulders.

Dr._Bob
2005-02-20, 06:20 PM
OOC: I encourage Sedryn, Lithandrill, and Aeroz to get to know each other a little better (since you're stuck with each other for quite a long voyage). Whether you decide to interact with the women or the ugly man is up to you. On the one hand, information and allies could be useful (since you are quite unfamiliar with the East); on the other hand, you probably want to be careful about how much information you share, since enemies could be anywhere.

In the course of casual conversation, you are able to clarify the ship's itinerary:

The ship will take a tenday to cross the southern reaches of the Sea of Fallen Stars. It will skirt the pirate-infested islands of The Thousand Swords before docking at Spandeliyon, your first contact with the East. The ship will then move along the northern coast of Aglarond to Ingdal's Arm, Corth, and finally Velprintalar, capital of Aglarond.

Frojoe21
2005-02-20, 07:19 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

*Aeroz heads to the table where the ladies are.*
'' So...what brought you onto this ship?" he asks casually,but keeping an eye on what they might do next and keeping his left hand close to his right sleeve, where his hidden dagger was

Lithandrill
2005-02-21, 10:01 AM
Lithandrill

"Aye good man drinks are on me, now that I don't have to buy a new steeds I have all the money to spare. And besides if we will have to sit on this ship for a week we might as well make it a good one."

*He casts a meaningfull glare to the women. And observes Aeroz as he speaks to Sedryn*

"A priest of Lathander you say? And the head of your order? So you are a man of some renown even? I myself do not pray to the morning lord even though I have no love for undead. I however pray to Tempus, the Lord of Battle, and to Bahamut, The king of Dragons."

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-21, 11:37 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)


"Maybe they will. My name is Aeroz. I come out of Calimport. I used to be part of a small time theives guild. So, preist, what is your mission anyways?"

"That is what I keep asking myself. As is the habit of High Priests their instructions are not always clear. Mine said, "I would know the mission when I saw it." I have spent the morning meditating on wether this endever is 'it' or not, but I still have no clue." replies Sedryn.


"A priest of Lathander you say? And the head of your order? So you are a man of some renown even? I myself do not pray to the morning lord even though I have no love for undead. I however pray to Tempus, the Lord of Battle, and to Bahamut, The king of Dragons."

"Lithandrill, I fear I may have mislead you, I was sent by the head of my order to serve Lathander, I have no such prominence. I am glad to hear you have no love of undead, and each man must choose his gods as seems best to him. Do you know anything of the lands that we are heading to?" Sedryn asks.

Dr._Bob
2005-02-21, 02:29 PM
*Aeroz heads to the table where the ladies are.*
'' So...what brought you onto this ship?" he asks casually,but keeping an eye on what they might do next and keeping his left hand close to his right sleeve, where his hidden dagger was

"Our feet, of course," replies the elf with the short white hair. "What business is it of yours?" Her light grey eyes flash menacingly.

The pretty blond human laughs into her drink. The third woman keeps her head down so that her hood obscures her face. She seems to be giggling too.

Frojoe21
2005-02-21, 05:27 PM
Aeroz, Elf

A sarcastic look appears on Aeroz's face, then vanishes quickly

"Cute...I'm just looking for some conversation. Its been a rough night for me. The rest of the people in the bar look pretty seedey, and you people looked like fairly nice people, so, naturally, I drifted over to this table. May I have a seat?"

His hand is still near his sleave, just in case he said something a little rude or offensive.

Dr._Bob
2005-02-21, 07:12 PM
The cloaked woman laughs aloud then lifts her head. She has bright green eyes and dark chestnut hair. "Take it easy, Si'rene, your cousin is just making conversation."

She shifts over to make room for you. "My name is Angela. This is Tiriel, and I can see you've already made a wonderful impression on Si'rene."

Tiriel, the blond haired fighter, smiles and extends her hand. "Nice to meet you."

Frojoe21
2005-02-21, 08:05 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Its a pleasure" Aeroz Shakes the blond womans hand "My name is Aeroz. My compainions and I are sitting at the table over there," he points to where Lithadrill and Sedryn are seated "perhaps you would like to join us?"

Dr._Bob
2005-02-21, 08:16 PM
The women look at each other, then shrug. "Why not?"

They pick up their drinks and relocate to your table.

"So why are you three heading to the Unapproachable East?"

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-22, 11:02 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Greetings fellow travelers, I am Sedryn, priest of Lathander, Traveling toward moring seeking my fate. Whatever that means, cryptic High Priests. What do you know of the East?" Sedryn replies.

Dr._Bob
2005-02-22, 02:23 PM
The three women exchange introductions and settle in with their drinks.

"Well, the East is a big place Sedryn. What specifically would you like to know about?" asks Angela.

Si'rene affects a look of sophisticated boredom, but chooses a seat next to Aeroz.

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-22, 04:37 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Angela, since we are bound for Velprintalar, tell me of the city and of Aglarond, and Telflamm has always intrigued me and would be glad to hear about there as well. Then you could tell us why you are traveling as well." Sedryns says with a smile enjoying the company.

Frojoe21
2005-02-22, 07:17 PM
Aeroz, Elf expert

"So, Angela, you called me Si'rene's cousin. Were you implying that we share a race or what? Forgive me, but it sort of annoys me when I am called kin to one that I have never met before. Unless you know something that I dont of course." Aeroz says with a sly smile on his face.

Dr._Bob
2005-02-22, 10:08 PM
Tiriel laughs at Aeroz's question and Si'rene just rolls her eyes.

Angela shakes her head, "No, Master Aeroz, of course I simply meant that you and Si'rene are both obviously children of the Seldarine."

She then responds to Sedryn's questions. "So it's your first time to the East?"

She tells your group about the Aglarondan peninsula and the great Yuirwood at its heart. She mentions the Watchwall and the Umber Marshes to the east that protect Aglarond from the Red Wizards of Thay, even as she acknowledges that the uneasy peace between Thay and Aglarond has lasted longer than anyone originally expected.

Si'rene then jumps in, describing the simmering tensions between the "civilized" gray elves (like Si'rene) of the coastal cities of Aglarond and the "untamed" wood elves deep in the Yuirwood. She speaks lovingly of the stunning architecture and sophistication of Velprintalar, capital of Aglarond and of the powerful Simbul who rules it.

Tiriel speaks up next, mentioning the displaced indigenous humans, who have been driven west to Altumbel, the rocky tip of the Aglarondan peninsula, next to the islands of The Thousand Swords. For a moment you sense a little bit of tension between Tiriel and Si'rene, but it quickly passes as Angela steers the conversation towards Telflamm.

Angela describes Telflamm as an independent principality to the north of Aglarond, over the Dragonjaw mountains. Telflamm is apparently a huge trade center and marks the westernmost end of The Golden Way, the trade route east through the Endless Wastes to the fabled Kara-Tur.

"We three are just returning from some rest and relaxation in Nimpeth. What about you, Masters Aeroz and Lithandrill? Forgive me, but you hardly seem the types of people that usually associate with priests of Lathander ..."

Lithandrill
2005-02-22, 10:30 PM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill orders a round for the entire table before replying. He puts up his most wicked roque grin.*

"Well I am just some adventurer from the Dale lands wanting to try my luck in the east, to be honest I don't know if it will turn out to be a great idea, but hey then again maybe it does. And well as every adventurer knows the most important thing to bring is someone to heal your wounds. And who could do that better than a priest of the Morning Lord ey?"

*Lithandrill takes a sip of his drink and continues his story*

"But now that you know who we are and what we do, i'd like to ask why a curious company of three not to frail girls are going to the east?"

Frojoe21
2005-02-23, 05:31 PM
Aeroz, Elf expert

"You girls are from the East, correct? Perhaps you could point out a good inn. We've had a odd night with very little sleep."

Dr._Bob
2005-02-23, 09:06 PM
Angela raises an eyebrow. "Ah, I see. Looking for adventure in the East? I suppose the East might seem exotic to you, but, for us, Aglarond and Thesk are home. As I mentioned, we are just returning home from a visit to the Vilhon Reach."

Tiriel adds, "I suppose the East seems as mysterious to you as Hlondeth, the Vilhon Reach, and the Dalelands seem to us. Ironic is it not?"

...

Si'rene doesn't answer Aeroz directly, instead addressing Sedryn, "I think your friend here has had a bit too much to drink. He doesn't seem to be making much sense. Maybe you ought to walk him back to his cabin before he falls overboard looking for an inn ..."

Frojoe21
2005-02-23, 09:09 PM
Aeroz, Elf expert

"Pardon my lack of description, I meant once we get to our destination. And I assure you, my tolerance of alchohol is strong enough."

Aeroz chuckles a bit, and returns to his drink.

Dr._Bob
2005-02-23, 09:25 PM
The conversation then turns to the pros and cons of several different inns in Velprintalar.

The general consensus is that most adventurers make their way to either The Sword and Shield, in the heart of the Foreign Quarter, or The Mermaid and Mirror, near the Quay. There are of course numerous seedier establishments you could choose.

Most local adventurers, like the three women, however, stay in guild houses, located in the Merchants Quarter.

The best ale and imported spirits, such as jhuild, Rashemi firewine ("like nothing you've ever had in the West"), are served at The Boar's Head. The Boar's Head has the reputation of being the "in" place to see and be seen and to gather information and exchange gossip.

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-24, 11:07 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)


Si'rene doesn't answer Aeroz directly, instead addressing Sedryn, "I think your friend here has had a bit too much to drink. He doesn't seem to be making much sense. Maybe you ought to walk him back to his cabin before he falls overboard looking for an inn ..."

"I doubt he is that fuddled and as he said we have had a trying night." Sedryn replies.

"Ladies, I thank you for sharing your tales of your homelands. Could you tell us of any laws or customs that differ from the ones we are used to so that we may not inadvertantly offend? Or of any intrigues we should avoid?" asks Sedryn.

Dr._Bob
2005-02-24, 09:03 PM
Yet again, the women laugh.

"Priest of Lathander, you ask extremely challenging questions. We are not so unlike you westerners. Certainly we are not as alien as, say, the Thri-Kreen in the Shining South. For the most part, we are guided by the same principles as in all civilized lands of the free peoples - revere your gods, honor those that came before you, and live and let live.

"But let me bend that last rule just a bit and ask, what happened last night that was so trying?"

Frojoe21
2005-02-24, 09:57 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Just a little mix up with the emerald guard, nothing more. So, what was the next stop on the boat?"

Aeroz yawns and stands up, " Man, I'm exhausted, I think ill hit the sack after this drink"

Lithandrill
2005-02-25, 12:13 AM
Lithandrill

"Yes the Elf is right I am tired as well. Besides all the geography talk is making me sleepy. I'll see what it looks like when we get there."

*Lithandrill flips a few gold coins to the bartender and will head for his room if there is notihng more to say."

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-25, 11:41 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"They are right it was just a mix up with the city guard, the result of stumbling into an intrigue we knew nothing about, which is why I ask. Well, good night Ladies have a final round on me." Sedryn replies as he leaves to get some sleep paying the bartender on his way out.

{OOC - I will be unable to post until Monday. See you then.}

Frojoe21
2005-02-25, 10:39 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Well ladies, thank you for your conversation. I think I'll be going to sleep right now"

Aeroz heads to his sleeping area, removes his armor and weapons except for the daggers, puts the equipment as a pillow and goes to sleep.

Dr._Bob
2005-02-25, 11:14 PM
"The Emerald Guard?" The women look at you with what seems to be a little more respect. Like most adventurers, they have no great love for "the establishment". They actually seem sorry to see you leave.

You retire to your cabin. You share a single room with four beds (two sets of bunk beds). Obviously, one was meant for Wottworte, but since it is just the three of you, you have one extra unused bed.

Between the lack of sleep you got the night before and the rocking of the galley, you soon fall fast asleep.

The night passes uneventfully, but in the morning you find a small package outside your door.

Frojoe21
2005-02-25, 11:51 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

Rubbing the last bit of sleep out of his eyes, Aeroz, spots the package and picks it up. He rattles it a bit* and then opens is, carefully


[OOC: * listen check to see whats inside, sending you the roll]

Dr._Bob
2005-02-26, 07:15 PM
Aeroz hears some metallic items rattle inside the package, but the package does not appear to be trapped.

When he opens it (cautiously) he finds 4 gold signet rings inside and a note:

"Dear friends,

"If you are reading this, then you are already on your way to the East. Please accept these small tokens of thanks for all of your hard work.

"By the way, I have a friend in Velprintalar named Baran. If you run into him, please give him my regards. Like you, he is a connoiseur of fine wines and can often be found sampling the wares at a tavern called The Boar's Head.

"I wish you much success on your journey and I hope to see you again soon.

"Sincerely, P."

Frojoe21
2005-02-26, 08:06 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"These must be from Prozen" Aeroz thinks out loud

He dons his chain shirt, straps his crossbow to his back and slips the rapiers into their sheathes on his belt. He then dons two of the rings and puts the the box with the other two on Lithandill's Bunk

He then goes to the mess hall for some breakfast and a midmorning drink.

[OOC: he still has the daggers in his sleeves and boots from last night]

Dr._Bob
2005-02-27, 09:10 AM
The women you met last night appear for breakfast as well. They greet you warmly, then burst out laughing (yet again).

Looking at your armor and weapons, Si'rene smirks, "Aeroz, is there a dragon loose on the ship that we don't know about?"

Angela, perhaps more observant that the others, comments, "Those are some lovely rings master Aeroz. If memory serves, you weren't wearing those last night. You haven't been lightening the purses of any fellow passengers have you?"

Tiriel simply smiles and dives into a large plate of ham and eggs.

Lithandrill
2005-02-27, 09:29 AM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill get up and rubs some of the sleep out of his eyes. His common sence tells him that he should probably should don his plate mail, but decides against it. He does however strap his sheath with his massive blade across his back. As soon as he finds the rings and reads the note he throws one of the rings in his pack and places the remaining one where the cleric will probably see it.*

"Somehow I have the feeling jewelery doesn't suit me. Well time for breakfast."

*Lithandrill walked towards the mess hall still alf sleeping and feeling yesterdays ale in his head alittle. He greets Earoz as well as the three ladies.*

"Goodmorning Goodman, Goodmorning Ladies, I trust this night's sleep was a little more rejuvinating than mine?"

*He orders a simple break fast and a mug of ale.*

Frojoe21
2005-02-27, 09:47 AM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"I doubt that there is a dragon, I'm just the cautious type" he says with a laugh "These rings?, oh, they are just from a severance package we just recieved before we came on the ship. When I was rummaging through my stuff, I found them."

Aeroz, gets himself some eggs and some scotch and sits down for his breakfast.

Dr._Bob
2005-02-27, 10:47 PM
As Aeroz looks around, he realizes that almost everyone else in the mess hall is dressed in simple clothes or, in a few cases, leather armor. With the ever-present threat of shoals, kraken, or storms, most sea-faring passengers have no desire to encumber themselves in metal armor until they are back on solid ground.

There are two notable exceptions, however. In a far corner, their backs to the wall, are two large men in full plate. Between them sits a young girl. The girl eats her breakfast silently, without enthusiasm. Her "escorts" eye the room warily. Their longswords are sheathed, but their hands rest on their pommels.

Aeroz is just about to point out them out to his breakfast companions, when shouts can be heard from above coming from the ship's crew. A few passengers point out of one of the mess hall's windows - another ship is closing from the southwest.

Frojoe21
2005-02-27, 10:56 PM
Aeroz, Elf expert

Aeroz eyes the guards, then his attention is focused on the ship approaching. He carfully checks if he can see the flags on the ship, chuggs down the last of his whiskey, and begins to see how other people are reacting

[OOC: Congrats on the new kid Daring. By the way, have you noticed that our party is fueled by alchohol?]

Dr._Bob
2005-02-27, 11:28 PM
The ship is a light corsair flying a black flag with a gold stripe. It has likely been closing on the much larger but heavier Sea Lion all morning and now matches the Sea Lion's course and speed about 100 yards off to starboard.

A couple dozen marines (leather armor, cutlasses, heavy crossbows) stand in formation between two lines of rowers under the black triangular mainsail.

The captains of the two ships seem to be having an argument.

The passengers for the most part seem curious rather than concerned. Tiriel voices the question on everyone's mind, "I wonder what's going on?" Angela studies the black ship's markings. "Mulhorandi," she announces. The two fighters in plate mail escort the small girl out of the Lion's Mess.

You hear the captain of the black corsair shout, "We both know they are on board! Hand them over quietly and there will be no trouble!"

Frojoe21
2005-02-27, 11:31 PM
Aeroz, Elf expert

"beg your pardon, who?" Aeroz asks casually "By the way, do you know anything of those two men in full plate escorting that girl?"

Aeroz, fumbles with his crossbow, loading it and resiting it on his knee, under the table when he sits down again.

[OOC: If anyone charges for Aeroz, he will fire first.

Lithandrill
2005-02-28, 09:53 AM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill hears the captains fighting and desides to "help out". He walks updeck and draws his Longbow and a sly smirk draws across his face*

"I don't know what you want Sir, but I do know that you are not going to get it while Lithandrill Elanor of Battle Dale still draws breath. Besides asking nicely isn't to much to ask is it?"

*He nocks an arrow and fires a warning shot towards the captain. (100 feet should be easy with a compisite longbow)*

"Now Sir I suggest you turn around, or otherwise that ship of yours will sail under my flag before sundown!"

((If they decide to attack I will open fire and when the ship begins nearing boarding distance I will draw my Greatsword))

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-02-28, 12:24 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

After waking and noticing his companions gone, Sedryn mutters aloud "Must of have more tired than I thought." Sedryn quickly dons his priest robes and as he is about to leave the cabin notices the small box. Quickly examing it and the note, puts on the ring and hides the note in his spell componet pouch, then continues to the deck.

Sedryn finds a spot out of the way then facing the raising sun prays and meditates for an hour, then heads to the mess hall when he notices the ship approaching.

Sedryn then heads to his cabin to get his weapons and shield. Armor would take to long to put on, he thinks.

Dr._Bob
2005-02-28, 01:22 PM
Angela notices Aeroz loading his crossbow and asks, "What are you doing? You're not seriously planning on taking on the entire corsair yourself are you? Hey, where did Lithandrill go?"

That question is soon answered when everyone hears Lithandrill's shouted challenge from on deck. The passengers, crowded around the windows facing the black ship, gasp when an arrow hisses across the 300 ft between the ships and sticks into a beam not too far from the corsair's captain.

The 24 Mulhorandi marines kneel and take aim with their crossbows, but their captain raises a hand and orders them to hold their fire.

Meanwhile, everyone in the mess hall can hear frantic footsteps from the Sea Lion's crew, then a commotion as Lithandrill is wrestled to the ground by several members of the Sea Lion's crew. "Get that fool below decks!" the Sea Lion's captain orders.

"You have 10 minutes!" the captain of the black corsair shouts to the Sea Lion's captain.

Frojoe21
2005-02-28, 05:27 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"What in the nine hells do you think you are doing man!!!" he shouts to Lithandrill "You would have to be a complete idiot to pull something like that!!!"

He turns to Angela "What the hell is going on?" he asks with a worried tone in his voice

Dr._Bob
2005-02-28, 10:17 PM
"I wonder who they are after?" she replies. "I don't think this ship can outrun theirs, and this is more of a cargo ship than a military vessel, so I doubt that the crew will be able to outfight the Mulhorandi."

Si'rene adds, "I don't see that the captain of this ship has much choice. He has to give up whomever those Mulhorandi are after. He's probably negotiating for some compensation however."

Sedryn returns just about the same time that Lithandrill is escorted back into the mess hall, sans weapons, by several crew members. "Everyone stay down below! No one is allowed on deck!" one barks.

The passengers begin to look more concerned. "Who are they after? What's going on? Why doesn't the captain just give them what they want?" A few look enviously at Aeroz's armor. Many edge away from the open windows, just in case any shooting starts.

After the ten minutes are almost up, the door to the mess hall opens and the Sea Lion's captain and 6 crewmen armed only with cutlasses enter. "Where are they?" he asks.

Frojoe21
2005-02-28, 10:20 PM
Aeroz Elf Expert

Aeroz lowers his crossbow from his knee under the table.

"Where are who captain?" Aeroz asks in an ususpecting voice.

Lithandrill
2005-03-01, 01:41 AM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill shakes his head*

"My my have people lost their spirits now aday? Very well, let them die they can count me out."

*As soon as the 7 people enter he jumps to his feet and mutters to himself.*

"People don't listen to me do they....."

((I will defend whom ever the 7 men want to take away, if I can get no weapons I will grab a chair or something else I can hit hard with.))

Dr._Bob
2005-03-01, 11:10 AM
The captain looks directly at Aeroz. "The Mulhorandi are looking for three fugitives. The captain of the Amon Ra requests that I turn them over into his custody. Normally, I would be loath to cooperate, but unfortunately the Sea Lion is not a fighting ship. Resistance would only get my crew and many passengers killed I am afraid."

Lithandrill
2005-03-01, 11:28 AM
Lithandrill, Roque Knight of Battledale


*Lithandrill walks to the Captain and points his finger right between his eyes.*

"Have you got no shame?! No dignity?! No honour!
How can you just give away three people to save your own hide?! Three living being?! What if those three people where your wife and children, would you give them away as well? Like a slaver you give away lifes."

*He takes a few steps back and stands onto a table.*

"Hear me passagers of the Sea Lion! Even if all of you are afraid to fight. Even if the captain and his sqaudron of Elite marines can't find Courage in their hearths to defend us, I will. Even when you will all cower into the corner and damn other people to save your own life, I WILL BE THERE TO FIGHT FOR YOU! I don't know who those three people are, but I do know that I will rather die protecting them then put my own life above that of others!*

*He points at the captain.*

"That man, people, would give away each of your lifes to save his own! Would you willingly look away while he threw three of you into the lions den? IS YOUR LIFE WORTH MORE THAN OTHER?! Well act as you want, but I will die defending those three people, as well as all of you. That I, Lithandril Elanor Of battle dale, Servant of the Holy Dragon, Swear!"

*He gets of the table and starts looking for something to defend himself with.*


((Thats Lithandrill from the knightly order of Tempus for you......make your Diplomacy untrained +0 checks, Intimidate +6 or whatever for it.))

Dr._Bob
2005-03-01, 10:37 PM
It never even occurs to Lithandrill that the three of you might be the "fugitives" the Mulhorandi are looking for. Aeroz, however, is prepared for that possibility and rests his finger lightly on the trigger of his crossbow just in case.

The captain addresses Lithandrill. "Honor and noble speeches are all well and good, but I am responsible for the well-being of my crew and all of the passengers, including you. There is no honor in dying a pointless death or bringing death to the innocent."

He then addresses the gathered passengers in the room. "This is a matter between Mulhorand and Unther. The girl and her two bodyguards are terrorists and wanted criminals. If you know where they are you would do well to speak up now."

Frojoe21
2005-03-02, 05:19 AM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz raises an eyebrow. Thank the gods that wasnt usf

Keeping the crossbow on his knee he asks "Terrorists?"

Lithandrill
2005-03-02, 10:15 AM
((Roleplaying reward: Less than zero. Sigh DM's hate fighters. And love rogues bah))

Lithandrill

"Ok **** this. I'm keping quiet. Honourless dogs. All of you."

*Lithandrill sits down.*

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-03-02, 11:39 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn returning from his cabin with his arms and sheild sits in the mess hall unsure as to what action to take. Lathander guide me as to the proper course, Sedryn silently prays.

"Captain, I do not know where the people they seek are but I am willing to aid in any way I can to defend the ship, crew and passengers." offers Sedryn.

{OOC - Sorry I havn't posted, yesterday was nuts.}

rainbowvet
2005-03-02, 12:18 PM
The disfigured human rises from his isolated table.

"Good captain, I know a little of the invasion of Unther by Mulhorand. While your guest maybe a terrorist in the eyes of the Mulhorandi, she may also be a rebel fighting for the freedom of her homeland. She may very well be a criminal. But, to pluck someone off a ship in the middle of the high seas seems egregious. I will join the others who have offered help in the defense of the ship and lend my sword to your service."

Frojoe21
2005-03-02, 05:37 PM
Aeroz Elf expert

*Sigh* "Well then, I guess I have no choice in the matter. If we go under attack, then I defend the ship..." He stands up, and rests his crossbow on his shoulder.

" do you have any place where I can get a clear shot and not get pegged myself?"

Dr._Bob
2005-03-02, 10:05 PM
The captain's manner softens when the four of you vow to oppose the Mulhorandi. "Aye. My heart longs to fight as well, but what can we do? Even combined, you adventurers and my crew would still be outnumbered more than two to one."

Before you can work out a plan, shouts and running feet can be heard up on the main deck. The captain, his fighters, and the four of you run topside to find the crew gathered along the port railings, pointing down into the sea.

Improbably, you see a small boat in the water - 10 ft long and 4 ft wide - with oars and a small sail. In the boat are the two armored men, two chests, and a small cloaked figure. The men pull on the oars as wind fills the sail. The boat pulls away, keeping the body of the Sea Lion between it and the Mulhorandi corsair.

"They threw a box in the water and it turned into a boat!" exclaims a crewman.

The captain assesses the situation quickly. "They'll need a distraction if they are to have any hope of escape." He nods to a crewman, and quickly Lithandrill's weapons are returned to him.

Frojoe21
2005-03-02, 10:09 PM
Aeroz, Elf expert

"Do you keep extra bows or crossbows on the ship? We could fire a barrage of flaming projectiles at them. That should slow her down. Also, we need mages. Ones that could use a sheilding spell to protect the ship to an extent. Sedyn?, do you know of any spells that might delay our attackers?"

Aeroz looks around, "sorry captain, Its just a sugesstion

Dr._Bob
2005-03-02, 10:19 PM
The captain is not at all offended, and with a word he sends several crewmen down to the armory to retrieve a dozen heavy crossbows, which are made available to any of you who would like one.

"How can we create the flaming missiles you proposed, master elf?"

The Mulhorandi captain sees the activity on the Sea Lion and his marines start to take up defensive positions.

Frojoe21
2005-03-02, 10:24 PM
Aeroz, Elf expert

"We can put parchment over the bolts, then light them on fire. If we have anything that could explode, we could use small sachels attached to the bolts. If they come on board, we do need some way to fend them off. I need someone to gather up all the mages and clerics they can find on the ship. If they have ballistae, then we are seriously messed without proper sheilding. Clerics could also provide some protection and healing for the injured men. Its a longshot, but we can pull victory out of this. Everyone who cannot help should get off the ship. there is no need for any lives to be wasted"


He pauses to think for a second "The mages could also cast offensive spells

rainbowvet
2005-03-03, 12:33 AM
The ugly human arms his composite longbow. "I am a pretty fair shot with a bow. I can launch quite a few flamming arrows. If need be, I can also thin out their ranks before they board. Once they board, and if we fire on them they most likely will, I can hold my on in melee."

Lithandrill
2005-03-03, 12:46 AM
Lithandrill

"What?! now the roque proposes the exact same thing as I do and then all of the sudden its a good idea?"

*Lithandrill lets out a long drawn out sigh.*

"May I suggest something similiar to the elves plan?"

*Not waiting for a reply he continues*

"We might be able to pull of a hit and run attack using the flaming arrows Aeroz here proposed. We get in close enough to get a clear shot, fire everything we have on their sails and get the hell out of there. Without their sails and with the confusion that the fire will cause we should be able to outrun them."

rainbowvet
2005-03-03, 01:05 AM
"A good plan, I would prefer any action that didn't result in unnecessary death. I do have another option, if we get close enough, I may be able to 'convince' the captain to turn back. If I fail, then we could open fire on the sails and sprint away"

If this works we may minimize bloodshed. If it doesn't we are in no worse situation.

Frojoe21
2005-03-03, 04:58 AM
Aeroz, ELf Expert

"If we got too close, that would leave us open for a huge attack. It would be foolish to do so"

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-03-03, 12:05 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"I have no direct offensive spells for this situation. I can Bless the entire ships company aiding our efforts and will provide healing to any wounded in the battle." Sedryn replies.

rainbowvet
2005-03-03, 12:16 PM
Aeroz, ELf Expert

"If we got too close, that would leave us open for a huge attack. *It would be foolish to do so"

"Perhaps so. Then it is decided, we will start firing at the sails whenever the captain has us in position."

Dr._Bob
2005-03-03, 01:49 PM
A crewman provides a sheaf of parchment, and crossbows are passed out to the crew. Some fumble with the weapon, showing that some are not very experienced fighters.

The other passengers mostly stay in the mess or nervously return to their cabins.

The Mulhorandi observe your preparations and take up their positions, their crossbows ready to fire. The Mulhorandi captain gives your ship one last chance.

"This is your last chance! Give them up voluntarily or we will take them by force!"



OOC: Who's got a light?

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-03-03, 04:44 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn goes to the midpoint of the ship and prepares to cast Bless as soon as the archers are ready to fire.

{OOC -

Bless
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Clr 1, Pal 1
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 50 ft.
Area: The caster and all allies within a 50-ft. burst, centered on the caster
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
Bless counters and dispels bane.}

Frojoe21
2005-03-03, 08:36 PM
Aeroz, Elf expert

"Hey, does anyone have a candle or something. And where are the mages?"

Aeroz looks around to see if there are any

"hey, wait, didnt they just leave. There is no reason to fight if we dont have what they want. But still, get ready to fire"

rainbowvet
2005-03-03, 09:24 PM
The disfigured man pulls out a piece of leather and speaks a few arcane words.

After this action he knocks an arrow. "I am ready to fire."

((OOC: casts mage armor. 10% chance arcane spell failure))

Dr._Bob
2005-03-04, 02:39 AM
OOC: The captain of the Mulhorandi vessel obviously is unaware that the girl and her escorts are making a break for it. The question is whether or not you are really committed to creating a "diversion" to give the fugitives a better chance of escaping.



Aeroz, Sedryn, Lithandrill, the disfigured man who volunteered to fight, and about 8 crewmembers armed with crossbows are gathered along the starboard deck, taking as much cover as possible. The captain calls for torches, which are lit and passed around along with several sheets of parchment for each crossbowman or archer.

You face two dozen Mulhorandi marines across 100 yards of water. The Mulhorandi have been able to observe your preparations. They move neither closer, nor farther away. A tense silence falls over both ships. The captain whispers, "It's a showdown. I wonder who will blink first ..."



OOC: The disfigured man successfully casts mage armor. Sedryn blesses the company.

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-03-04, 12:24 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Captain, we should hold our fire as long as possible, the longer we delay the more time they have to escape." Sedryn says and he readies his crossbow.

Dr._Bob
2005-03-04, 06:15 PM
The two ships continue their game of "chicken" for several tense minutes, neither side eager to start shooting at each other.

Eventually, however, the small boat becomes visible from behind the Sea Lion, the two armored men pulling desperately at their oars to aid the wind filling their sail. The Mulhorandi captain realizes that he has been tricked and, with a shout, he orders his ship to break away in order to circle back around to capture the Untherite fugitives. The black corsair tacks to starboard, pulling away from the Sea Lion.

rainbowvet
2005-03-04, 06:22 PM
The disfigured man shakes his head. Blast their keen eyes.

He looks to the captain and the others.


"If we are going to aid in their escape, I suggest we should act now"

Dr._Bob
2005-03-04, 09:45 PM
In response, the captain lights the parchment wrapped around the head of his crossbow bolt and lets fly toward the Amon Ra.

The other crewmen likewise fire their flaming crossbow bolts towards the Mulhorandi ship.

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-03-05, 11:41 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn aims his flaming bolt at the main sail and fires.

{Sedryn will continue to fire at the sails, unless someone needs healing, then he will help them. *If the ships come within 30' Sedryn will cast heat metal on the crossbows.}

Frojoe21
2005-03-05, 11:58 AM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz takes aim and fires his flaming bolt at the ship.

Lithandrill
2005-03-05, 12:46 PM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill nocks a burning arrow and fires away at the sails.*

rainbowvet
2005-03-05, 01:21 PM
"Well this will definately delay the Mulhorindi ship"

The disfigured man lets loose his flamming arrows

Dr._Bob
2005-03-05, 02:50 PM
A dozen flaming missiles hiss as they arc toward the Amon Ra.

A few bolts fly wide or are undershot, but several missiles hit the sail, including one from each of you. The fire from Sedryn's and Lithandrill's shots snuff out upon contact with the heavy canvas of the sail, but Aeroz's bolt and the disfigured man's arrow smolder, and small flames can be seen where they (and a few other bolts) have landed.

A flurry of crossbow bolts are sent back in reply. The Mulhorandi marines are not aiming at the Sea Lion's sails however ...

Sedryn ducks behind a post as two bolts narrowly miss him, thudding into the deck. A third bolt glances off of Aeroz's armor.

Lithandrill watches as a bolt sails over his head, sticking into a post behind him, but then he grimaces as a second bolt catches him in the thigh.

The disfigured man calmly nocks another arrow as two bolts whistle past him.

One crewman is killed outright when a crossbow bolt strikes him in the neck. Another crewman is injured by a bolt creasing his shoulder. The rest duck down behind cover as they work to reload their crossbows.



OOC: The boats are two range increments from each other (-4 to hit). The fighters on the Sea Lion take as much cover as possible (+4 AC). Lithandrill takes 7 points of damage (current HP 16). One crewman is killed. One crewman is injured.

rainbowvet
2005-03-05, 04:45 PM
Well, so much for avoiding bloodshed.

The disfigured man adjusts his aim slightly and lets loose an arrow.

Frojoe21
2005-03-05, 04:54 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz reloads his crossbow, and fires again. After the bolt has been fired he turns to the disfigured man.

"Your a pretty good shot, who are you anyways?"

rainbowvet
2005-03-05, 06:55 PM
The disfigured man smiles, or at least it seems like it might be a smile.

"Thanks, it appears you have a steady aim also. *My name is Boris, Boris the Handsome."

Again, seeming to smile at the irony. *"Noone ever believes that elves have a sense of humor"

((OOC: Thanks for letting me state my character's name.))

Frojoe21
2005-03-05, 07:09 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz laughs histerically.

"Good sir, I am an elf, and I find that incredibly hilarious"

Aeroz reloads his crossbow and aims for his next shot

Dr._Bob
2005-03-05, 11:13 PM
While the Sea Lion's crew and the Amon Ra's soldiers crank their heavy crossbows, the four of you (armed with lighter weapons) send another volley whistling toward the corsair.

Aeroz, Sedryn, and Lithandrill hit the sail once again, but only Sedryn's bolt "catches". The small, scattered fires on the sail grow slowly as the corsair comes about. A couple of Mulhorandi crewmen start scrambling up the rigging, presumably to beat out the fires.

Boris chooses not to set his next arrow on fire. Instead he adjusts his aim slightly and sends an arrow into the reloading Mulhorandi marines. One is struck in the back by the arrow. The other marines redouble their efforts to reload their weapons.

Frojoe21
2005-03-06, 01:02 AM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz fires another flaming bolt at the Amon Ra.

"Alchohol" Aeroz Exclaims "We can do considerably more damage to the ship if we douse the parchment with alchohol before we light it."

rainbowvet
2005-03-06, 04:50 AM
I hope we can slow them down, 24 marines against the likes of us. *I am not particularly fond of those odds. *Hopefully I can winnow their numbers a bit.

Boris takes aim and fires again.

Lithandrill
2005-03-06, 11:50 AM
Lithandrill

"Hahahaha I love this ****."

*He rips the arrow from his tight, knocks another arrow and fires on the marines.*

"Can the formailities people, we can get comfy and think of alcohol after this battle is won.
How about we give some supressing fire while the crew fires on the sails?"

Dr._Bob
2005-03-06, 12:39 PM
As the black ship moves farther away from the Sea Lion, more shots fall short. Aeroz's flaming bolt lands harmlessly in the sea. Sedryn's, Lithandrill's, and Boris' shots hit the ship but cause no casualties.

Another shower of Mulhorandi crossbow bolts rains down on the Sea Lion. Two bolts again narrowly miss Sedryn (thanks be to Lathander!), and Lithandrill likewise avoids being hit a second time (though there is a gush of blood and searing pain when he rips the crossbow bolt from his thigh).

Aeroz and Boris are not as fortunate however. Despite the long range, both are struck by crossbow bolts. Aeroz curses as a bolt pierces his chainmail. Boris doesn't say a word when a bolt creases his shoulder, but his disfigured features might be grimacing (it's hard to tell).

Another Sea Lion crew member is felled by a crossbow bolt. There are 5 remaining crewmen actively reloading their crossbows. The captain keeps the Sea Lion on course, but does call for some brandy for Aeroz - a crewman runs off in search of some.

To your surprise, you see Angela and Tiriel appear from below decks. They each pick up a fallen heavy crossbow and start working to reload them. "Well, this is a fine mess you've gotten us into, gentlemen!"

The small fugitive boat continues to move away toward the north.



OOC: Lithandrill takes another hit point of damage (current HP 15). Aeroz takes 4 points of damage (current HP 8). Boris takes 7 points of damage (current HP 13). The ships are now 3 range increments apart.

Frojoe21
2005-03-06, 01:39 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Yo, Sedryn, a little help here?" *He turns to the two ladies "Well, its about time you showed up."

Aeroz ducks and heads for anyone who has a potion or could heal him

rainbowvet
2005-03-06, 06:37 PM
"Ironically captain, if the Mulhorandi capture the small boat, we may be the ones forming a boarding party."

Seeing the futility of hitting the marines at this distance, Boris lights an arrow and again adjusts his aim.

Dr._Bob
2005-03-06, 10:48 PM
While the Mulhorandi marines are busy reloading, Aeroz makes his way over to Sedryn, who places one hand on Aeroz's wound. With his other hand, Sedryn pulls out the crossbow bolt, murmuring a blessing as he does so. The crossbow bolt slides out easily, almost without pain. No wound is left behind.
*
Lithandrill ignores his bleeding leg and instead fires an arrow in a graceful arc toward the receding Mulhorandi ship. He is gratified to see one of the marines stagger backward as the arrow pierces his thin leather armor.
*
Meanwhile Boris lights two arrows on fire and sends them both, in quick succession, hissing toward the Amon Ra's sails. The first arrow flies wide, but the second catches the sail cleanly, adding more flames for the Mulhorandi to worry about.
*
In response, the Mulhorandi captain orders his sailors to drop the sail. This snuffs out the fires, but leaves the black corsair dependent on its oars. The Amon Ra continues to turn about and is now almost 200 yards away, heading in the opposite direction of the Sea Lion.
*


OOC: Sedryn casts cure light wounds. Aeroz is fully healed.


EDIT: Distance from Sea Lion to Amon Ra corrected from "400 yards" to "200 yards". The distance is approximately 6 range increments (-12 to hit).

rainbowvet
2005-03-06, 11:41 PM
Boris looks respectfully at the large fighter. "Very expert shot"

To the captain, "It appears we've slowed them down. Perhaps we can roundevous with the small craft and outrun the corsair"

With that Boris lets another arrow fly.

Lithandrill
2005-03-07, 10:07 AM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill Flashes a grin to the man*

"You're not to bad yourself. Not bad at all."

*He then turns to the two ladies.*

"Finally I was wondering when the brave adventurines would show up....But may I suggest that you listen to...whats his name? Boris. And pick up that small boat and get the hell out of here. Soon we won't have enough crew members to even sail this ship."

*Fireing another shot at the marines, he says a little prayer in Draconic for the fallen marines.*

"Or atleast come up with something to do now, we can outrun them but that small boat can't."

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-03-07, 11:48 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Seeing the increasing distance between the vessels and the sails drop Sedryn decides that helping the wounded would be the most effective action.

"Who else needs aide?" Sedryn asks after tending Aeroz.

{OOC - Sedryn will tend whoever calls going to the most wounded first.

Daring Rogue,
Thanks for keeping the battle going I wasn't able to post on Sunday. Sedryn's actions were right on.}

rainbowvet
2005-03-07, 01:47 PM
Upon hearing Sdryn's offer of aide, "If there are no others in dire need, I could benefit from your healing arts"

Frojoe21
2005-03-07, 06:27 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Well, my chainmail is busted. I'll need some meathod of fixing it if its going to be any use to me." He goes up to the captain "Hey, do you have any chainmail or something like that? Mine has this nasty little hole in it that could cause some trouble later on in the future"

He reloads his crossbow and waits to see the Amon Re's action, under the sight of the crossbows

Dr._Bob
2005-03-07, 06:51 PM
Lithandrill's and Boris' last shots fall short of the Amon Ra. The Mulhorandi don't even bother to shoot back at this distance.

Sedryn heals Lithandrill's wound, while Boris stoically waits his turn. Two of the Sea Lion's crewmen are wounded. One is dead. Seeing that the ranged exchange is over for now, Tiriel and Angela tend to the wounded crewmen.

The captain decides to hold course. "We've done what we can. I can not risk the lives of my crew further. At least those Untherites have a chance now."

As the Sea Lion continues due east, you watch as the Amon Ra circles around astern to pursue the small fleeing boat.

For a while, it seems as though the small boat has a chance, thanks to the headstart your diversion gave it. Unfortunately, once the Mulhorandi vessel has cleared the Sea Lion's wake, it raises its black triangular mainsail again and tacks hard to the north.

You are too far away (and heading ever farther away) to do anything but watch helplessly as the black ship closes in on the desperate dinghy.

rainbowvet
2005-03-07, 07:06 PM
Boris

Watching the scene, Boris shakes his head in dismay. At least we tried, but was the loss of life so futile.

Turning to the others, "I don't like to fight without knowing the names of those I am fighting with. THe point is now moot, but I would still like to meet your acquaintence. My name is Boris...., Boris the Handsome," Boris pauses when uttering his surname and almost appears to blush.

"I have already had the pleasure of getting Aeroz's name."

Frojoe21
2005-03-07, 07:16 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz removes his chain shirt to see what kind of damage was done to it.

He puts on a regular shirt, removes the bolt from his crossbow and puts it in its case, then fires the empy crossbow and straps it on his back.

"Well, that was an experience I would rather not like to go through again. I need a drink"

Dr._Bob
2005-03-07, 07:41 PM
Now that the shooting has stopped, the other passengers spill onto the deck, chattering excitedly and examining the dozens of crossbow bolts that have seemingly sprouted everywhere. More than a few look admiringly (if not somewhat shamefacedly) at those of you who fought.

Angela, Tiriel, and Si'rene (who only showed up after the combat was over) introduce themselves to Boris. Si'rene and Tiriel look a little bit uncomfortable, but Angela looks him directly in the eye and smiles as she exchanges names.

rainbowvet
2005-03-07, 08:12 PM
Boris

"It is a pleasure to meet you ladies. *Don't be ashamed if you don't care to look at my face, I take no offense. *In fact, that is why I don't carry a mirror."

Turning to Aeroz, "Did I hear mention of a drink. *Well, I am never one to refuse a livation. *If you don't mind my company, I would love to join you for a drink or two."

((OOC: Did sedryn cure Boris?))

Frojoe21
2005-03-07, 08:17 PM
Aeroz, Elf Exper

" I did say something about a drink, but I never said anything about paying for it" Aeroz says with a laugh

rainbowvet
2005-03-07, 08:52 PM
Boris

"Good point. Well, I will start off by buying the first round, but we may go dry if someone doesn't come to our rescue."

Dr._Bob
2005-03-07, 09:57 PM
Sedryn introduces himself to Boris as he heals Boris' shoulder wound. The introductions and plans for a round of cold brews are interrupted by cheering from the port side of the deck. Running over, you elbow your way through a small crowd of crewmen and passengers who are watching the unfolding pursuit of the small boat by the Amon Ra.

Though the Amon Ra has finally caught up with the small sailboat, the two heavily armored knights on board have apparently refused to be captured alive. Even from this distance, you can see (and hear) them fighting back with thunderstones and alchemist's fire (the crowd cheers with every explosion) as they simultaneously use their bodies to shield the small cloaked figure huddled at the boat's prow.

Inevitably, however, the withering Mulhorandi crossbow fire drives them to their knees. The cheering subsides as one knight finally collapses, pierced by almost a dozen crossbow bolts. The second knight turns, cradles the small figure in his arms (who has also been hit by several crossbow bolts), and without a moment's hesitation dives off of the boat. The weight of his armor ensures that neither he nor the body of the girl will ever be recovered.

The Amon Ra, now burning and smoking from the effects of the alchemist's fire, lashes the small boat to its side and sends marines over, but there is nothing for them to find but the corpse of the first knight. Even at this distance you can see the agitated movements of the Mulhorandi captain as he directs crewmen in putting out the fires.

As the tragic scene recedes into the distance, the crew returns to manning the galley and the passengers return to the mess hall or their cabins. The mood is somber, and more than a few muttered curses can be heard.

...

EDIT: This was Sheyra's response (PM'd from Nyna).
*
Sheyra gasps as the knights begin to throw their thunderstones and alchemist's fire at the Mulhorandi, shaking her head in disbelief and in horror at what she knew would happen next. And when the Mulhorandi opened fire on the knights, she simply stared, horrified as the knights protected the cloaked figure as though it were she. Tears began to fall unnoticed as the first knight collapsed, and she looked away as the second knight grabbed the cloaked figure and jumped into the water so that the Mulhorandi would never know that she had escaped. *
*
I... I can't believe that they... that they sacrificed themselves for me... She knelt there silently, shaking slightly, her head pressed up against the wall underneath the window, tears falling down her face and dripping to the floor unnoticed.

Frojoe21
2005-03-07, 10:45 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Well they put up a good fight. For just two men they put up quite the fight. Its a shame that neither of the three survived. Quite a tragic ending."

He goes to the captain

"So after this little skirmish, how long will it take to get to the east now? Me and my colleagues are in a hurry to get there."

Dr._Bob
2005-03-07, 11:26 PM
The captain responds brusquely, "I think your friends are waiting for you down below decks in the mess. I'll be sure to let you know when we've arrived in the East, master elf."

He shoulders past you to see to his wounded men. Four crewmen pass by carrying the body of the dead crewman who has been wrapped in a square of canvas. Other crewmen see to clearing the deck of the debris from the short skirmish.

The sun continues to rise. It is not even midday yet.



OOC: The trip to the East takes a tenday. This is only the second day you've spent on the ship. You won't need to roleplay the entire trip day by day of course.

Lithandrill
2005-03-08, 12:32 AM
Lithandrill

"Well I am sure that that captain won't try something like that again soon. He lost quite some crew members and he wrecked his boat."

*Lithandrill moves down to the mess and orders a round of drinks. He turns to Aeroz and slaps him on his back*

"Hahaha I have never seen an elf that had such a thrist for alchohol the first round is on mt friends. On a battle well fought."

*He heaves his mug of ale.*

"Cheers!"

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-03-08, 11:23 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

After mending Boris' shoulder Sedryn heads over to the Captian and asks, "Are any of your men wounded that I may tend? Also, I would be honered to say the rights for your dead crewman."

{OOC - Sedryn will heal any of the wounded and will hold the funeral tomorrow moring if asked to.}

Dr._Bob
2005-03-08, 01:15 PM
"Thank you for your offer, priest. Those women (indicating Angela, Tiriel, and Si'rene) are already tending to my wounded men, but we will have a little funeral service at sundown, and I would be honored if you wanted to give Olrik a blessing at that time.

"In the meantime, you should look after yourself. You look a bit drained. All is under control up here. Thanks again for your assistance."

Sedryn heads down to the Lion's Mess to join his travelling companions. Aeroz, Lithandrill, and Boris are already well into their second round of drinks, laughing and bragging about previous exploits. There is hardly anyone else in the hall right now, just a few other passengers who also needed a stiff drink after the excitement earlier.

As he enters the mess hall, Sedryn notices a small figure seated beneath one of the port-facing windows. She is small, you would guess only about 10 or 11 years old, with thick chestnut hair pulled back into a ponytail, tied with a yellow ribbon. Her dark eyes look puffy as if she has been crying.

Sedryn points her out to the others. Aeroz is amazed to recognize her as the same girl he saw with the armored knights earlier this morning ...

OOC: I think Sedryn is out of level 1 spells for the day. (He cast bless and CLW x 3 during/after the battle.)

Frojoe21
2005-03-08, 06:24 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz looks at the girl in amazement. He then looks to his companions.

"That was the same girl that those men too..." He stops in mid sentence, realizing something then continuing "It was a decoy!! A suicide misson!! I bet you it was just to make sure that they thought the girl was dead. Very clever, despite the loss of her two 'assistants'."

He then looks to Sedryn.

"Perhaps you could comfort her. Your a preist, go tell her that her bodyguards have gone to a better place or something like that."

[OOC: The old swicheroo trick. Why didnt I think of that earlier. Man thats good thinking]

rainbowvet
2005-03-08, 09:51 PM
Boris

[OOC: I am impressed, caught me by surprise]

"I think someone should approach her. Without her escorts she is defenseless, and obviously she is being sought"

Frojoe21
2005-03-08, 10:41 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"well I'm no good at that kind of sentiment. Like I said, Sedryn should go. She'll probably listen to him more than she would any of us"

Lithandrill
2005-03-09, 12:03 AM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill laughts and orders his next drink*

"Yes I think you are right master elf, each of us three would scare that little girl out of her mind."

But then again....I am a knight and if anyone should protect that little girl it will be me.

*He gets up and walks towards the little girl*

"It doesn't look very fun here on your own.....why don't you come and sit with me an my friends over there? I'll buy you something to drink or eat...."

Nyna
2005-03-09, 12:34 AM
The Girl

The girl stares off through the window, never noticing the knight's approach until he speaks. She flinches slightly and looks up, then relaxs slightly upon hearing his words. She turns her grey eyes on the knight, and though it she appears to have been crying, her eyes are no longer damp with tears.

She mumbles something that sounds like acceptance to the knight and stands up slowly, looking one last time out the window as if hoping that one of the knights would rise to the surface and start swimming back to the boat. After a brief moment, she turns back to the knight.

"You're the man that made speech in the mess hall before the... battle started, aren't you?" She murmurs quietly, yet with barely a hint of sorrow in her voice, "Thank you for trying to help us." She bows slightly to him, and a tear slips free and begins to make its way down her already tear-stained cheeks, marring her outward composure.

She follows Lithandrill if he goes back to the table and will sit if offered a chair or bench seat or whatever. Otherwise she'll simply stand there near the table, or if Lithandrill doesn't go back she'll stay there until he does.

Lithandrill
2005-03-09, 12:59 PM
((O_o the girl is a player? wow...))
Lithandrill

*As soon as Lithandrill hears the little girls acceptance he lets out a little sigh of relief, and smiles slightly*

"Yes that was me indeed, come then i'll introduce you to my friends."

*Lithandrill walks to the table his eyes darting across the bar for someone paying attention to the girl. As they reach the table he picks up an nearby chair and puts it down for the girl, he throws one more glance into the mess to make sure there is no danger.*

"Well lets start with the elf. His name is Aeroz, don't know much more of him then that he can drink like a demon. Next we have Sedryn, he is an honoured priests of Lathander. Then there is Boris, don't be fooled by his not so pretty face for he is a kind soul."

*Lithandrill grins sheepishly*

"And then you have myself, rogue knight Lithandrill Elanor. And for the rest of this trip your faithfull protector."

*He makes a extravagant bow before he sits down.*

"And you might you be Miss?"

Nyna
2005-03-09, 01:26 PM
(OOC: :P Yes, the girl is a player. Yep. So... Anyways...)

The Girl

The girl gracefully takes her seat in the offered chair and nods to each of the people at the table as they are introduced to her. When Lithandrill is finished introducing everyone, including himself, she speaks. "Nice to meet you all. My name is Sheyra... Sheyra Relik." It seems like she added her last name as an afterthought, as though she had forgotten about it.

She looks directly at Lithandrill, her stare intense. "So you will be my faithful protector now, will you? You do realize that you may end up like my previous escorts, right? I appreciate your offer, but I can't let anymore people die because of me." She closes her eyes as her sorrow threatens to overwhelm her once again. After a moment, she continues. "Thank you for standing up for us before, I do truly appreciate it." She smiles sweetly, though it never breaks through the deep pain in her eyes. She murmurs quietly, as though deep in thought, "I don't know how I'm ever supposed to get to Telflamm now... Why did this happen to me, Garent? She sighs.

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-03-09, 01:28 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Miss I am sorry for your loss. May Lathander light the way of your valiant knights. I would be honored to say a memorial for your fallen knights. Please let me know how I might aide you." Sedryn says sadly, morning the loss of brave and noble men.

{OOC - I agree with the count of 1st level spells.}

rainbowvet
2005-03-09, 02:13 PM
Boris, Human Ranger/Wizard

"I am very honored to meet you Sheyra. *If there is anything I can do to aid you, please don't hesitate to ask."

Boris hesitate an instant before asking the next question. *"I do not mean to intrude, but why are the Mulhornadi after you? *They claimed you as a criminal and terrrorist, but you seem rather young to have commited such vile acts."

"As to your concern about Telflamm, that happens to be my destination also. *You are more than welcome to accompany me."

Frojoe21
2005-03-09, 05:21 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"You look a little too young to be a terrorist to me. And dont worry about your bodyguards. If you are innocent in this matter, then their sacrifice has not been in vain."

Dr._Bob
2005-03-09, 07:18 PM
When Lithandrill looks around the room, it doesn't look like anyone has really noticed Sheyra's presence. Soon, however, you anticipate that the room will begin to fill up with people looking for their noontime meal.

rainbowvet
2005-03-09, 07:41 PM
Boris, Human Ranger/Wizard

Looking to the others, "As I mentioned I am heading to Telflamm and it also appears the young lady is. By the by, where are you three traveling?"

Frojoe21
2005-03-09, 08:29 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz looks at the people entering the Lions Mess.

"Perhaps we should take this conversation elsewhere, and avoid people thinking that their is a ghost on this ship. That would be the best idea in this case"

Nyna
2005-03-09, 08:36 PM
Sheyra

"Sure, I guess. I certainly don't need people thinking I'm a ghost in addition to thinking I'm a terrorist... She sighs heavily and stands up.

She'll follow the group to wherever they decide to go to talk.

Dr._Bob
2005-03-09, 09:12 PM
Aeroz, Lithandrill, and Sedryn seem to ignore Boris' question, but everyone agrees that it might be best to relocate for now.

The group retreats to Aeroz, Lithandrill, and Sedryn's cabin temporarily for some privacy.

As you converse with Sheyra, it becomes clear that initial impressions were deceiving. She is clearly older than she first appeared, a teenager rather than a child. It was her small size threw you off at first.

Lithandrill
2005-03-10, 09:51 AM
Lithandrill

"Don't worry Miss, putting my life on the line for young ladies like yourself is what I do for a errr "living" "

*Lithandrill pokes Sedryn with his elbow and whispers*

"Where are we going actually?"

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-03-10, 01:51 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Sheyra, I am pleased to meet you." Sedryn says.


*Lithandrill pokes Sedryn with his elbow and whispers*

"Where are we going actually?"

"Lithandrill, you should work on remembering more than where you keep your weapons. We are headed to Velprintalar to retrive some stolen property, and if we cannot reclaim it there, we might need to travel in the direction of Telflamm to finish our task." Sedryn replies.

Dr._Bob
2005-03-10, 04:21 PM
Your conversation is interrupted by light knocking at the door.

"Hey, it's Angela. Are you guys heading over to the Lion's Mess for lunch or what?"

Frojoe21
2005-03-10, 10:03 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz opens the door a crack.

"Angela, we seem to have a situation here. Keep quiet and take a look at this" he whispers. Then opening the door a little more, he reveals Sheyra. He then pulls her in, just to make sure that no one saw but her.

"She was the girl who was supposed to have died with that armored man." he whispers again

Dr._Bob
2005-03-10, 10:57 PM
Angela slips into the cabin, her hood down. Her green eyes widen in surprise when Aeroz explains the situation.

"If it becomes widely known on the ship that she is still alive, I am afraid that word might leak out to the Mulhorandi. People tend to blab, and there might be those who would actively seek to get word to Mulhorand in the hopes of some kind of reward. If the Mulhorandi wanted her badly enough to send a warship after her, they would no doubt pay handsomely to find out she was still alive and free."

"She should probably stay out of sight for the duration of the voyage. Perhaps she should stay with us? I am sure that Si'rene and Tiriel wouldn't mind."

Lithandrill
2005-03-11, 01:24 AM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill jumps up*

"Aeroz you can't just trust her like that, If I am to be the meatshield you can atleast be the brainst behind this team!"

*His eyes narrow to slits and he turns to Angela*

"No I am sure they wouldn't mind, for adventurers you fired precious little arrows in the last battle. I'll be blunt with you I don't trust you. The girl stays here tonight."

*Lithandrill calm down slightly but his hand rests firmly on his blade ready to pull it lose in mere seconds. His gaze doesn't Leave the woman for a second*

"But it is for Sheyra self to decide in the end, I won't force her to stay here, I will just advice against going with this women, for your own and her savety."

*Lithandrill bows to Sheyra and takes a step back. But will still be ready to defend the Girl at all costs. In case of an attack he will show little mercy.*

Frojoe21
2005-03-11, 02:45 AM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Lithandrill, if you cannot trust anyone, then who are you going to anyways. Besides, how did you trust Boris so easily. For all we know, he could be biding his time, but we do trust him, so we owe that to Angela and her companions at the least. Sure they didnt fire much, but there might be a good reason. And what about prozen? He could be delivering us from one enemies hands to another. And what of Sheyra herself? She could be an assasin as well. Good freinds and allies are hard to come by, so please be a little more trusting in the future. But, if your suspicions are still there feel free to stay with Sheyra to make sure that nothing happens."

Lithandrill
2005-03-11, 11:20 AM
Lithandrill

"True trust is shown in the heat of battle, I am a warrior and I saw how Boris fought. That is enough for me to trust him for the time being. As for Sheyra herself, If two knights found is neccesary to protect her I will trust their judgement. Besides if I don't look out for her she has only herself to protect her. Since you won't be much help as I see."

*Lithandrill's voice is calm like making a statement instead of fighting with Aeroz.*

"Oh and Prozen? I don't think anyone here fully trusts him anyway. He just gave us a adventure, I am helping him because I think that it will be fun, if I didn't want to go i'd get of at the next harbor and continue my journey."

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-03-11, 11:50 AM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"I agree, Prozen is not to be fully trusted, and Lithandrill has a point why did the three ladies sit out most of the fight? Aeroz, also has a point about extending trust. Let's hear what the Angela has to say and find out what Sheyra would like to do." Sedryn says.

rainbowvet
2005-03-11, 11:52 AM
Boris, Human Ranger/Wizard

"I can understand anyone's suspicion, trust is not a cheap commodity. I think Sheyra will make the decision with whom she will stay. Luckily, we are on a relatively small ship, so no one who means to take here can go far."

"There are still many questions I am hoping to get an answer. Such as why the Muhorandi authorities want her? Another, if I may ask, who is Prozen ?"

Dr._Bob
2005-03-11, 12:18 PM
Angela bristles slightly.

"You should know that most of us on this ship have no great love for either Unther or Mulhorand, so there was not much incentive for any of us to get involved in what looked like a political situation. As I mentioned, even now there probably are passengers aboard who wouldn't hesitate to give up this Untherite girl for a handful of gold coins.

"Having said that, however, once the bolts started flying, Tiriel and I didn't feel right standing by and doing nothing while the Mulhorandi turned new friends into pincushions. As it happened, your flaming arrows idea seemed to work better than I would have anticipated, and the battle was pretty much over by the time we arrived."

Her green eyes flash as she continues, "I am not insisting that Sheyra stay with me, but I simply suggest that a young girl would probably be more comfortable staying with a group of women than a bunch of hard drinking, impulsive, occasionally boorish men!"

"And, who is this Prozen you keep babbling about?"

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-03-11, 03:40 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Angela, I apologize if my words offend, We have some expernice with getting mixed up in 'political situations' and therefore,now understand your caution. Prozen is the person that has sent us on our current task to reclaim stolen property." Sedryn explains.

Nyna
2005-03-11, 04:39 PM
Sheyra

Amidst the knocking followed by argument followed by more speaking, a gentle snoring begins resounding throughout the cabin. Sheyra had fallen asleep, somehow maintaining her sitting position, arms comfortable crossed over her waist and her head facing downwards, eyes closed. Her exhaustion from the past couple of weeks, followed by the recent battle and the loss of her escorts, has finally caught up to her.

(OOC: I apologize with the slight delay in my post, but with all the testing that's been going on the past couple of days in school I've been having difficulties staying awake myself, much less making coherent IC posts...)

Dr._Bob
2005-03-11, 08:24 PM
Angela whispers, "Well, I guess she's made her choice. But if I find out that any of you men have harmed a hair on her head, you'll have to answer to three pissed off females, got it?"

She slips out, closing the door behind her.

...

At sunset, the slain crewman is buried at sea. Sedryn, as the only priest on board, is invited to say a few words.

...

The next several days pass quietly and uneventfully. Sheyra keeps a low profile, and Lithandrill often sneaks desserts and sweets back to the cabin for her.

After nearly 7 days have passed, you begin to notice a change in the rhythm of the crew's patterns, they seem anxious and excited. Finally, one afternoon, you hear a lookout cry, "Land, ho!"

The Sea Lion will dock in Spandeliyon harbor before sunset. The excitement among the crew and passengers is palpable after over a week at sea with nothing to look at except the waves and the sky.

You will have one night ashore, then the Sea Lion will continue on to Ingdal's Arm in the morning.

Frojoe21
2005-03-11, 08:51 PM
Aeroz, Elf expert

Aeroz steps off of the ship and takes a deep breath. Ahh, land, how I've missed you oh so much. he goes to a wall and begins to stretch and try to get his land legs back.

He then takes a few minutes to look around and see what this place is all about, while trying to not be offensive to any of the people.

rainbowvet
2005-03-11, 09:05 PM
Boris, Human Ranger/Wizard

To the others, "If you plan to go ashore, do you mind if come along. I am not comfortable in urban settings, and my appearance seems to make my dealings quite ackward."

Nyna
2005-03-11, 09:20 PM
Sheyra

Sheyra sighs. "I guess I'll have to stay in the cabin while you're gone. I'll catch up on my practice while you're gone, I suppose. Grab me something while you're out, okay?" She waves farewell, then sits cross-legged on the floor, slipping into a meditative state as she begins her pre-practice rituals.

Lithandrill
2005-03-12, 01:34 AM
Lithandrill

*Lithandrill leaps ashore and stretches with much comotion and noise.*

"Its great to be back on solid groud! To be honest I don't care much for ships."

*He makes a little dance while stretching his legs and then spends the next few minutes getting into his shining fullplate.*

"Sure Boris, I would be honoured to have you with us today. Besides you spend the greater part of the voyage with us anyway."

Dr._Bob
2005-03-12, 09:24 AM
Your first glimpse of the Unapproachable East is, frankly, unimpressive.

Spandeliyon is little more than a fishing village, notable only because it happens to be the westernmost settlement on the peninsula, and therefore the first stop for ships heading into the East and the last stop for ships heading out.

You arrive on a cold, grey, drizzly late afternoon. The sky is grey, the sea is grey, the rocks are grey, and the low, stone and clapboard buildings, are grey. The port is filled with local fishing boats, but the Sea Lion is the only vessel docked that hails from across the Sea of Fallen Stars.

Although it is good to be back on dry land, in no time find yourselves in (you guessed it) what passes for a tavern here in Spandeliyon. There were several choices along the wharf, but in the end you find chose "The Yellow Mermaid". The tavern is simple and plain, but seems to be popular with the locals. Most of the other passengers seem to have chosen other, fancier, (and undoubtedly over-priced) pubs that cater more to the "tourists" passing through, but those bars just aren't really your style.

Angela and Tiriel have accompanied you, but Si'rene opted to stay on board, making a face and a comment about how pathetic and depressing she finds Spandeliyon. "I can hardly believe we even consider Spandeliyon part of Aglarond. It's full of little more than fish and humans that stink of fish."

The six of you are the only "foreigners" in "The Yellow Mermaid." The locals for the most part seem to ignore you when you enter the main room. A couple of fishermen get up and leave, opening up a table for you to share. "The Yellow Mermaid" serves some surprisingly good fish and chips, which you enjoy quite a bit, and some mediocre beer, which you enjoy less. You ask for one order "to go" to take back to Sheyra.

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-03-12, 12:19 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)


At sunset, the slain crewman is buried at sea. Sedryn, as the only priest on board, is invited to say a few words.

Sedryn dresses in his vestments and has a quick chat with the Captain to learn about the crewman, his name and his Diety.

"We gather today to honor a fallen comrade, who lost his life protecting others from harm.." begins Sedryn. He continues his service telling stories of the crewmen's life, praising everyone who fought in an effort to delay the Mulhorandi, espesially the fallen crewman, asking Lithander to guide him to his Diety. He concludes with a few words of the sacrafice of the knights and their charge. "May Lithander light your way and lead them all to redemtion." Sedryn concludes just as the sun is setting.

***

Sedryn seeks out the Captain. "Captain might my horse and mule be unloaded so that they might get some exersize? I am sure your crew would not mind one day less of mucking out the hold."

Sedryn will exersize his horse and mule for a few hours then return them to the ship and meet up with the others at the pub.

After spending the evening at the pub Sedryn will return to the ship to spend the night so that Sheyra will not be discovered.

Frojoe21
2005-03-12, 11:01 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

After spending a few hours at the pub, Aeroz will head back to the ship for some shuteye. Between the mission of Prozen, the Muldhori attack and the meeting of three rather stubborn women has burned him out.

"By the gods, I'd never thought that I would be glad sleepin in a cabin on a ship headed to somewhere I have heard so little about. Its going to be a rough few days"

Once he gets back to the cabin, he climbs on the top bunk, removes his chainmain, unbelts his his weapons and gets some sleep

Dr._Bob
2005-03-12, 11:48 PM
The night passes uneventfully. In the morning, the Sea Lion makes preparations for departure, and last-minute supplies are brought on board. A few hours after sunup, the ship sets sail eastward, along the coast toward the next port.

When Aeroz, Sedryn, and Lithandrill return from breakfast, they find a note tucked into the doorframe. They half expect it to be some kind of message from Prozen, but instead they see the following words:

"I saw her with you. If you don't want them back on her trail, meet me in the bilge at midnight."

Lithandrill
2005-03-13, 10:54 AM
Lithandrill

"Damnit whats this? Who wrote this? Aargh so much for my relaxing sea voyage"

*Lithandrill rubs his temples and shakes his head*

"Who could have written it....."

*He enters the rooms to Check if everything is alright With Sheyra.*

Rodrick_the_Red
2005-03-13, 03:20 PM
Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Lithandrill, I think someone should stay with Sheyra all the time and we should includeAngela and her friends. It is also time we told the Captain. Then we can prepare for our midnight meeting." proposes Sedryn.

Frojoe21
2005-03-13, 03:30 PM
Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Perhaps we should know a little more about what we are getting ourselves into. Even though we are supposed to be protecting her, we should know what we are protecting her for. Something doesnt fit right."

He turns to Lithandrill

"Go fetch Boris and the others. We need a plan."

Dr._Bob
2005-03-13, 11:05 PM
Sheyra is safe, and was completely unaware that a message had been left outside the door.

When Angela, Tiriel, and Si'rene are updated on the situation, they agree to aid you in any way you ask.

Angela scratches her head. "After the day of the battle, you've kept Sheyra pretty much out of sight, making it hard to believe someone has discovered her just now. On the other hand, if someone saw her in the mess hall that first day when you three/four took her under your wing, then why would that person wait 7 days before saying anything? Why write this note just as we left Spandeliyon?"

She turns to Sheyra, "And I agree with Aeroz. I would also like to know exactly why you seem to be so popular with so many slimeballs ..."

rainbowvet
2005-03-13, 11:41 PM
Boris, Human Ranger/Wizard

"I think we need to find out who sent this note and what they want. Obviously, I will aid you in any way possible. I also agree with the others, it would be helpful if we knew more about our ward."

Lithandrill
2005-03-14, 10:22 AM
Lithandrill

"I don't understand much of it myself......But I do know that I know as little about Sheyra as I know about you four."

*He motions to the three women and Boris.*

"Or my two companions for all that matters...."

*Lithandrill scratches his head and grins sheepishly*

"All I am trying to say is that even if Sheyra may have dark secrets so may you....or even me. All I know is that us four and Angela, and throgh her the other two women, *saw her in that cabin. Thus that puts us on the list of possible traitors......but I somehow don't think that is the problem."

*Once again Lithadrill rubs his temples and mutters a few words in Draconic.*

"Boris, you are somewhat a student of the arcane as I understand? Would a wizard....or worse...be able to find Sheyra on this ship? Don't forget that it was a Thayan abassador that was killed, and the red wizards aren't really the most friendly bunch...."

*His line traces of as he realises that he talekd to much already."

rainbowvet
2005-03-14, 10:55 AM
Lithandrill

"Boris, you are somewhat a student of the arcane as I understand? Would a wizard....or worse...be able to find Sheyra on this ship? Don't forget that it was a Thayan abassador that was killed, and the red wizards aren't really the most friendly bunch...."

*His line traces of as he realises that he talekd to much already."

Boris, Human Ranger/Wizard

"Without a doubt. Someone with sufficient skill in the arcane arts can locate and even monitor whomever they want if that person is not likewise sheilded. While not a terrible advanced skill, it is beyond my meager abilites."