PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Magical Experiments, accidents and other shenanigans

fortesama
2010-09-09, 12:42 AM
More of a thought experiment than anything, though you could share a funny story related to the experiment while you're at it.

We know what happens if you play with portable holes and bag of holding. so what if you played with them in a d-lock.

or d-lock your friends in a rope trick when it ends.

or play with the hole and bag of holding in the astral plane.

will squeezing goodberry-enchanted berry juice on a healing potion do anything at all?

what would happen if a wizard with ironguard was hit with a sling bullet with a wooden core (dont ask how that happened).

What would happen if a pair of permanent teleportation circles that teleport into each other is used by some random human commoner?

almost forgot: after pun-pun ascends to godhood, what would be his domains? what do his clerics preach?

jseah
2010-09-09, 12:47 AM
A related question...
What happens when someone teleports into your Anticipate Teleportation (and gets delayed) then you cast Dimensional Lock at the point where they will come in.

Does this retroactively make their teleport fail? If so... XD

Zaydos
2010-09-09, 12:49 AM
In my opinion:

1. Do extradimensional containers function at all in a d. lock, I forget. If so the contents are still poured into the astral, both items are ruined, but the actual rift is stopped.

2. He's shunted into the astral plane, enslaved by githyanki and made to do the limbo.

3. the contents are destroyed/lost, the items are destroyed, and you create a rift to whatever plane the DM finds most interesting at the time. I suggest one of the sunny beaches of the Abyss.

4. no

5. the wooden core would hit him and stop then rebound taking the iron out of him. He'd take damage from the wood but not the metal.

6. he's trapped between them forever, teleporting back and forth with no way to stop or escape, till even time itself no longer affects him (or at least slows since he's actually spending the majority of his time on the Astral Plane). The circles' creator sells tickets to see it making millions.

7. whatever domains he wants, and they preach the importance of Rules Mastery.

fortesama
2010-09-09, 01:14 AM
7. whatever domains he wants, and they preach the importance of Rules Mastery.

Should make for an interesting scenario as our (mildly insane) DM allowed one of our players to have him as his patron deity. no she's not a cleric.

Zaydos
2010-09-09, 01:20 AM
Should make for an interesting scenario as our (mildly insane) DM allowed one of our players to have him as his patron deity. no she's not a cleric.

Actually I wouldn't mind playing a wizard who worshiped the god of rules mastery. Would that make me required to metagame? Or role-play a character who was actively trying to metagame reality? Now it would be extra funny if my character thought reality worked on GURPS rules and not D&D.