PDA

View Full Version : The Unbreakable Sentinel of the Divine Flame [3.5, PrC]

OptimumDinosaur
2010-09-11, 03:43 AM
This class is intended to combine the desert wind and devoted spirit that seeks to balance mobility, armor and damage while adding some nifty abilities. I'm trying to figure out if something should be added to level 5, or something should be removed or tweaked. So I release this class to the playground is search of balance and suggestions!

The Unbreakable Sentinel of the Divine Flame

Requirements:
BAB: +7
Skills: 11 Ranks in Intimidate or Tumble and 5 Ranks in the other
Feats: Devoted Bulwark or Desert Wind Dodge
Martial Maneuvers: Must know one 2nd level Devoted Spirit maneuver or one 2nd level Desert Wind maneuver. And one maneuver of the other discipline
Special: Must have a patron deity with the fire domain

Class Features:
Hit Die: d10
BAB: Full
Skill Points per Level: 4+Int
Class Skills: Climb, Concentration, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Religion), Listen, Martial Lore, Spot, Tumble
Proficiencies: an Unbreakable Sentinel of the Divine Fire gains no new proficiencies

{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Armored Speed, Steely Resolve

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|Meld Divine Power and Flame

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|Sacred Fire of the Unbreakable

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|

6th|
+6|
+5|
+5|
+2|

7th|
+7|
+5|
+5|
+2|Sacred Fire of the Catastrophic

8th|
+8|
+6|
+6|
+2|Divine Fire Storm

9th|
+9|
+6|
+6|
+3|

10th|
+10|
+7|
+7|
+3|Wrath of the Divine Fire[/table]

Maneuvers:
At 1st, 3rd, 6th, and 9th level you gain one new maneuver known from either the desert wind or devoted spirit disciplines. You must meet the maneuver's prerequisite to learn it. You add your full Divine Sentinel levels to you initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest level maneuvers known.
At 5th and 10th level you gain an additional maneuver readied per day.

Stances Known:
At 5th level you learn a new martial stance from either the desert wind or devoted spirit discipline. You must meet the stance's prerequisite to learn it.

Armored Speed: at first level, the armor check penalty of armor no longer applies to the tumble skill and is reduced by 2 (minimum 0) for all other skills. In addition armor no longer affects movement speed.

Steely Resolve: your Unbreakable Sentinel of the Divine Flame level is added to your Crusader level (if any) for the purposes of your steely resolve ability

Meld Divine Power and Flame: when an Unbreakable Sentinel’s attains this level of skill the devoted spirit and desert wind disciplines meld together into one. Any ability that requires the Unbreakable Sentinel to be in a devoted spirit or desert wind stance or requires the use of any devoted spirit or desert wind maneuver can be usable while initiating a maneuver of either discipline or while in either stance. In addition the sentinel gains a +1 on attack rolls with the weapons of both disciplines. The save DCs of the maneuvers of both disciplines increase by 2. Also attacks and maneuvers that would normally deal fire or sacred damage instead deal half of each.

Sacred Fire of the Unbreakable: an Unbreakable Sentinel of the Divine Fire gains the ability to surround them in a bubble of divine fire that protects them from harm. While in any devoted spirit or desert wind stance the Unbreakable Sentinel of the Divine Fire may forgo its normal effects as a swift action to enter this stance. In the stance the Unbreakable Sentinel of the Divine Fire gains fire resistance 10 and a bonus on saves against death and fear effects equal to their Unbreakable Sentinel of the Divine Fire level. In addition melee attackers take 4 fire damage with each attack.

Sacred Fire of the Catastrophic: an Unbreakable Sentinel of the Divine Flame gains the ability to embody the speed of raging fire. While in any devoted spirit or desert wind stance the Unbreakable Sentinel of the Divine Flame may forgo its normal effects as a swift action to enter this stance. While in this stance the Sentinel gains a +10 bonus to all forms of movement and an additional attack at full attack bonus when using a full attack. In addition successful melee attacks do 4 extra fire damage to the target creature.

Divine Fire Storm: Truly devoted Sentinels gain the ability to wreak havoc with the strength of their own god. This ability may only be used if the Sentinel is in either of the Sacred Fire stances. As a standard action the stance may be broken and unleashed against any one opponent within 60 feet. This attack deals 8d6 fire damage and the target must make a fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ character level + Cha modifier) or be stunned for 1 round and blinded for 3 rounds. Creatures within 15 feet of the target creature also take 6d6 fire damage. A successful reflex save halves this damage (DC 10 + ½ character level + Cha modifier). Once this attack is used the Sentinel may not reenter a Sacred Fire stance for the rest of the encounter.

Wrath of the Divine Fire: At the peak of its power a Divine Sentinel may be bestowed with the speed and ferocity of a raging fire. Once per day as a swift action she may embody the Wrath of the Divine Flame for one minute. This grants the Sentinel a 20 foot bonus to all forms of movement, one extra attack at full base attack bonus when using a full attack and a +6 bonus on tumble checks. The Sentinel may also be healed by fire. Every two points of fire damage heals the Sentinel for one hit point. In addition basic melee attacks and maneuvers deal 5d6 fire damage to the target and any creature or item within five feet of the target of the attack. If the main target is hit by 3 or more attacks in a single round she must succeed on a reflex save (DC 10 + ½ character level + Cha modifier) or burst into flames and take non-magical fire damage each round until extinguished. This fire may be shaped to not hit allies or other things not desired by the Sentinel to burn.

Galileo
2010-09-11, 04:54 AM
As a PrC based on combining Devoted Spirit and Desert Wind, I would've expected the abilities that deal damage to deal half sacred damage and half fire, as per Flame Strike.

The speed enhancing abilities seem a little powerful, to be honest. No speed penalties from armour, fast movement works in heavy, a stance that grants +10ft movement, and a capstone power that gives +20ft movement for a minute equate to a guy in fullplate faster than a horse. And two extra attacks per full attack means he'll be mauling opponents the turn after sprinting up to them.

Also, you forgot to add entry requirements.

OptimumDinosaur
2010-09-11, 01:47 PM
I forgot you could do that. I'll add that in somewhere.

I could reduce the movement bonuses and the Fast Movement thing. What if I made it so the extra attacks from the stance and capstone don't stack? I also forgot to mention those are only during a full attack.

There are entry requirements, I just didn't copy and paste them over for some reason. I'll fix that.