PDA

View Full Version : Monster's Treasure

Mandar
2010-09-11, 06:23 PM
Hey, can anyone give me the names of monsters with either cool treasure or have it built in to them? Such as the Gem Scarab?

Manny~

Gray Mage
2010-09-11, 07:16 PM
Hey, can anyone give me the names of monsters with either cool treasure or have it built in to them? Such as the Gem Scarab?

Manny~

Any particular CR? Also is this 3.5?

Nick_mi
2010-09-11, 08:42 PM
dragons have lots of treasure I hear.

Coidzor
2010-09-11, 09:17 PM
metal golems are literally made of a large quantity of valuable metal, as are things like the adamantine horror, IIRC.

Gnomes' souls are gems or something, but that doesn't come up much...

Urpriest
2010-09-11, 09:19 PM
Dragons are a source of Dragonhide.

jmbrown
2010-09-11, 09:28 PM
Aurumvorax. I haven't read the updated 3.5 version in Tome of Horrors, but in AD&D it's a badger that eats so much gold that its pelt is worth like 10,000gp and can be made into a golden, armor tough cloak.

AslanCross
2010-09-11, 09:32 PM
Apart from Dragonhide, dragons can also produce dragon fangs, which can be used to craft dragonfang weapons.

Golems are the opposite of this, crumbling into useless junk when they die.

Dragons come with triple standard treasure by default.

Many creatures that have trademark weapons drop them as part of their treasure, such as the Mezzoloth (drops its +1 trident). The Balor, unfortunately, does not drop its vorpal sword and fire whip.

Giants have their bags of treasure/junk.

There's a lot you can do with very large creatures, actually. I once had a red dragon attacking a city explode when the PCs killed it, and one of its horns was left behind with a fraction of the dragon's soul trapped in it. With some modification, it was turned into a custom psionic staff that the PC psion could use.