PDA

View Full Version : An idea for you homebrewers.

Doomboy911
2010-09-16, 04:43 PM
I had an idea for a mount that I was kind of wondering if I could get some help with.

The idea is a mount that is a cloud and if it's possible I'd want to go out and build one. I figured about ten feet by ten feet like the carpet of flying except with the added benefit of cloud camouflage. Maybe a magical device that would just create it when I used it.

Any clue on what the stats of something like that should be?

The-Mage-King
2010-09-16, 04:45 PM
I had an idea for a mount that I was kind of wondering if I could get some help with.

The idea is a mount that is a cloud and if it's possible I'd want to go out and build one. I figured about ten feet by ten feet like the carpet of flying except with the added benefit of cloud camouflage. Maybe a magical device that would just create it when I used it.

Any clue on what the stats of something like that should be?

...Do you want Kinto'un?

Dr.Epic
2010-09-16, 04:45 PM
Did you get this idea after watching the first Dragon Ball anime?

BladeofOblivion
2010-09-16, 05:19 PM
Did you get this idea after watching the first Dragon Ball anime?

...He probably did. And I'd just go for the carpet of flying with the tacked-on ability to cast Obscuring Mist. Easier that way.

imp_fireball
2010-09-16, 06:14 PM
...He probably did. And I'd just go for the carpet of flying with the tacked-on ability to cast Obscuring Mist. Easier that way.

Isn't their at least a spell that allows the animation of the elements?

It could be a druid spell. Animate plant matter, rocks, etc.

It'd be like creature summoning, except it sorta takes from the create construct rules - and gaseous constructs (air vortexes (or whater that V word is) and vapor) might be considered incorporeal under the system.

The creature could be considered of the elemental (so yes, create elementals finally) type. Liquid elementals might have rules similar to existing liquid elementals or have 25% damage avoidance (kind of like incorporeal, but halfed). Also, some gaseous ones (or even very very low viscosity liquids) can have as much as 75% damage avoidance.

DracoDei
2010-09-16, 08:50 PM
If this IS DBZ based, I would just add 1,000 GP (or maybe less) to the price of a flying carpet and call it good. It doesn't help with disguise when seen from the side so...

Doomboy911
2010-09-16, 09:23 PM
If it helps this is for forgotten realms.

sciencepanda
2010-09-16, 10:51 PM
There is a Wu Jen spell that produces a cloud you can ride on. I do not quite remember what it is called, though.

SlaadLord
2010-09-18, 12:45 AM
Cloud Chariot. It's an 8th-level spell.

akma
2010-09-18, 04:47 AM
If you will travel inside the cloud instead of on it you could sneak to places.

Serpentine
2010-09-18, 04:50 AM
Monkey Magic is also a possibility.