PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Paladin PrC that advances Mount and Lay on Hands

Chrizzt
2010-09-17, 02:22 AM
Hello Folks!

I have had a look at several books so far (Complete Divine, Complete Champion, ...) but as it is possible that I have overlooked something, I want to adress you with this question.

Is there any Paladin PrC that advances both Special Mount and Lay on Hands, and that also advances spellcasting (need not be 10/10)? (And possibly Smite Evil, too?) Turn Undead does not need to be advanced, as I will possibly trade it away (even if this means that I cannot use it to power several Divine feats)

I know that I am perhaps asking to much for by seeking a PrC that advanced nearly all Paladin Special Features.

PrC that are not what I had in mind include:
Knight of the Raven
Pious Templar
Warpriest

I have already had a look at Dictum Mortuums nice paladin handbook, but it helped me not so much concerning my question.

Thank you for your time and efforts!

T.G. Oskar
2010-09-17, 02:40 AM
Cavalier increases your Special Mount but not your lay on hands or spellcasting. However, you may get into Cavalier just for the ubercharger capabilities.

It seems the closest thing would be Hospitaler, which while it doesn't increase the special mount it does increase both Lay on Hands and spellcasting. It also increases your weekly uses of Remove Disease and grants you extra Fighter Bonus feats, which you could take benefit.

Say...do you have access to the Dragon magazine? You might benefit from getting Holy Mount (http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Holy_Mount), although the benefit only applies to another divine spellcasting class. You might get Paladin 5, Cleric 1 and then Hospitaler 10, advancing Cleric spellcasting.

If you work this out, you may be capable of getting through Prestige Paladin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigePaladin) instead of the Paladin class, and get your special mount to raise by means of Cleric levels, using Holy Mount. That way, you should get a massive amount of high-level spells, strong combat capability, a special mount that is treated as that of a 22nd level paladin (if you don't believe it: Prestige Paladin's special mount is equal to Prestige Paladin level +3, so it's treated as a Paladin 5, plus Holy Mount which adds Cleric levels. With about 17 cleric levels (since you expend 1 for Fighter/Crusader and 2 from Prestige Paladin), your mount is treated as that of a Paladin 2 levels higher (net benefit, since your mount will be strong). You'll also get all Paladin spells on your Cleric list, the ability to use Battle Blessing, and you can replace one of your 4th level spells for Font of Healing to have a Lay on Hands expy that's based on your divine spellcasting level (which can be increased). That way, you get all you want in a nifty little package.

But if what you want is pure Paladin, then...Paladin/Hospitaler, and work with your DM to apply Holy Mount to Hospitaler.

Chrizzt
2010-09-17, 02:52 AM
Thank you for the efforts! I will have a look at Holy Mount, I can fetch the issue number myself via dragon dex : )

I like the idea with the Prestige Paladin, and I will also look at the Hospitaler.

Great hints, thank you!

Are you sure a Prestige Paladin can take Battle Blessing?

BobVosh
2010-09-17, 05:33 AM
Grey gaurd does most of that, I believe. AFB so I can't check, but its a reasonable pally PrC