PDA

View Full Version : Sand and Thirst Domains

TechnOkami
2010-09-26, 01:22 AM
So, I want to make a Dread Necromancer Walker in the Wastes, using Arcane Disciple to make my self eligible for the Walker. My question is twofold.

1.) Which of these domains are better.

2.) Which deities would have these domains under their influence/control, as per the Arcane Disciple feat?

Kaww
2010-09-26, 02:45 AM
Thirst is a better domain for DN. Patron deity is Azul.

TechnOkami
2010-09-26, 01:16 PM
Coolios, um, which books has the info on the thirst domain and Azul?

Kaww
2010-09-26, 01:45 PM
Sandstorm, if I'm not mistaking.

TechnOkami
2010-09-26, 02:31 PM
Mmk, found the stuff on the thirst domain, but nothing on Azul.

Baron Corm
2010-09-26, 02:33 PM
Arcane Disciple adds the spells to your list as arcane spells, while walker in the waste requires you to be able to cast them as divine spells. So it doesn't allow you to qualify without the DM specifically changing the feat or the requirement. Which kind of sucks because the class would be great for arcane casters with high Charisma.

TechnOkami
2010-09-26, 02:39 PM
Oh phooey. Is there no other way to make a dread necromancer walker in the waste then? Because I know I can just dip a level of Cleric, which would be kinda pointless...

The Glyphstone
2010-09-26, 02:47 PM
I think there's a feat somewhere...Divine Magician or something, but it might not be what you need.

DragoonWraith
2010-09-26, 02:49 PM
Just ask your DM to be reasonable and let you qualify in some alternative way?

Kalaska'Agathas
2010-09-26, 02:52 PM
I think there's a feat somewhere...Divine Magician or something, but it might not be what you need.

I think you're thinking of Southern Magician (http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Southern_Magician), from some Faerun book or another (Races of Faerun, Pg. 168) which lets you cast an arcane spell as divine, or vice versa, once per day per two caster levels.

TechnOkami
2010-09-26, 03:09 PM
Hm. Also I'd have to be a mulan human, which my dread necro would be a Gloaming for the coolness and fluff factor. Also its part of her backstory as to why she's a Gloaming and not a human.

Kalaska'Agathas
2010-09-26, 03:20 PM
Ah, I didn't realize you were playing in the Realms. Hmmm, I recall there being another feat that did essentially the same thing, but I cannot remember what it was called. I think it was used as part of the Archivist getting every spell in the game, so you might look in the Archivist related threads, here, at BG, and so on.

TechnOkami
2010-09-26, 03:25 PM
Ah, I didn't realize you were playing in the Realms.

Wait, so you can use the feat even though you aren't this specific type of human? (because this character's gonna be in a dragonlance campaign)

Kalaska'Agathas
2010-09-26, 04:11 PM
Well, if you aren't playing in the Forgotten Realms it would be rather hard for you to be a Mulan Human, but many DMs are willing to waive setting-specific requirements such as that. I suppose you should check with your DM to see if setting specific feats (beyond those for Dragonlance) are available, and if you could take Southern Magician without being Mulan.

Baron Corm
2010-09-26, 04:18 PM
"The actual source of the spell's power doesn't change, nor does its means of preparation. You are merely weaving the strands of magic together in an unconventional way that makes the spell behave somewhat differently."

There's no way this works by RAW, with these lines in there.