PDA

View Full Version : Stacking effects on a melee attack

jpreem
2010-09-29, 04:17 AM
I was thinking about effects like stunning fist or quivering palm.
Has it been said anywhere about limitations in stacking then on one attack.
I mean do you have to make two different attacks or can you make one melee attack that is bost stunning and quivering.
If that is allowed by raw then i thought it would be hilarious to make some kind of senjor-vorpal-kickasso. Who could make an attack - stunning fist, quivering palm, death attack ( from assassin), death touch( from death domain cleric), plus some touch spell and what not in one blow.
( THat will probably miss :D)
Maybe make a comical npc- who has been trying all his life to make a touch attack with the most effects on it.

dsmiles
2010-09-29, 04:49 AM
I was thinking about effects like stunning fist or quivering palm.
Has it been said anywhere about limitations in stacking then on one attack.
I mean do you have to make two different attacks or can you make one melee attack that is bost stunning and quivering.
If that is allowed by raw then i thought it would be hilarious to make some kind of senjor-vorpal-kickasso. Who could make an attack - stunning fist, quivering palm, death attack ( from assassin), death touch( from death domain cleric), plus some touch spell and what not in one blow.
( THat will probably miss :D)
Maybe make a comical npc- who has been trying all his life to make a touch attack with the most effects on it.

Also, at epic levels, there's a feat to make your unarmed strikes vorpal. :smallwink:

KillianHawkeye
2010-09-29, 06:23 AM
I don't think you can do them all at once.

However, you could cast a touch spell, hold the charge, and then deliver it using an unarmed strike augmented by some other ability (stunning fist, quivering palm, OR death blow, etc.) on your next turn.

Thurbane
2010-09-29, 07:06 PM
Yeah, it really depends on the specific attacks, the action required to activate them, and the method required to deliver them...