PDA

View Full Version : A kinda random question...

MrLich
2010-09-29, 10:12 PM
So there's the uber good book BOED, and an uber evil book BOVD. Where is my uber neutral book?

It wouldn't surprise me if this has already been addressed but I've been wondering it for a while and have never seen a topic mentioning something of the sort.

Never underestimate the power of true neutrality!

WarKitty
2010-09-29, 10:13 PM
Book of Uninterested Twilight?

Tetrasodium
2010-09-29, 10:16 PM
Q

I'd go with Book of Uneventful Nonchalant Mid-afternoon.

Galsiah
2010-09-29, 10:17 PM
Book of Apathetic Indifference? Unfortunately, I don't think there are many benefits you could give to someone for being neutral, other than what neutrality entails, hence no BoAI :smallwink:

dgnslyr
2010-09-29, 10:18 PM
Book of Disengaged Deeds?

While we're at it, where are our Supremely Lawful and Supremely Chaotic books?
Book of Orderly Deeds?
Book of Random Deeds?

Salbazier
2010-09-29, 10:19 PM
Q

I'd go with Book of Uneventful Nonchalant Mid-afternoon.

Actually, I would like that kind of book :smalltongue:

Galsiah
2010-09-29, 10:21 PM

Book of Orderly Deeds?
Book of Random Deeds?

I think the chaotic book would be something like RBoDeK oA NefdMood, or something similarly... well, chaotic

OracleofWuffing
2010-09-30, 01:44 AM
The book.

That's it, it's not the book of anything, it's just the book.

It doesn't like to take stances.

Kaww
2010-09-30, 02:33 AM

Book of Orderly Deeds?
Book of Random Deeds?

I'd go with Axiomatic Book Closely Detailing Every... for law, and %!$!&^@%$ !&^@$!(*^%*&!# %@!^# $!@&^ for chaotic.

BobVosh
2010-09-30, 02:58 AM
The first half is the first half of the BoED. The second half is the second half of the BoVD. There is a short bridge in the middle.

Psyx
2010-09-30, 04:53 AM
Book of Selfish Non-Commitment?

Coidzor
2010-09-30, 05:03 AM
Tell My Wife I Said Hello: Tome of Neutrality

hamishspence
2010-09-30, 05:08 AM
In Underdark are stats for the Book of Perfect Balance, and the Talisman of Neutrality (analogs of the other two aligned books and talismans).

In Arms & Equipment Guide, there is Regalia (crown, rod, and orb) for all 3 (those of Evil are reprinted from BoVD).

BoED updates the Regalia of Good slightly- but it's probably not that big a difference.

So- if there was a book of neutrality- it would probably be called the Book of Perfect Balance, as per Underdark.

(Arcane (as opposed to divine) books for all 3 (Good, Evil, Neutral) specified alignments, exist in Epic Handbook.)

Peregrine
2010-09-30, 05:11 AM
In seriousness, such a book would have to be about the "committed to the balance" kind of neutrality. The Book of Perfected Balance. The law and chaos books might be the Book of Unbending Justice and the Book of Unfettered Freedom.

(Edit: Ha! Clearly WotC thought the same way. I was going to call it the Book of Unwavering Balance, but figured that "unwavering" sounded too much like Law, rather than Neutrality.)

In unseriousness...

Not to be confused with "Uninterested in Book Called Twilight". :smalltongue:

Tell My Wife I Said Hello: Tome of Neutrality

Seriously? It took us this long to get a Futurama joke?

VirOath
2010-09-30, 05:16 AM
I'd have to go with Book Of Perfect Balance. And it's not just for neutral characters, it's for True Neutral, those characters that will turn sides to keep things even.

It's PrCs and Feats would give some pretty awesome bonuses but only when outnumbered, getting weaker as the power slides toward even. And if you ever acted with a true advantage, then you would be permanently be stripped of everything, hence why it would just fall into the pile of suckage as the restrictions would be worse than a Paladin Code Of Conduct with a DM that believes that making a Paladin fall or have moral issues makes a good story.

Kumori
2010-09-30, 05:17 AM
I'd go with Axiomatic Book Closely Detailing Every... for law, and %!$!&^@%$ !&^@$!(*^%*&!# %@!^# $!@&^ for chaotic.

That's a good one for the Lawful book, but I feel it should be expanded upon:

The Axiomatic Book Closely Detailing Everything, For Greater Housekeeping of Information
Just Knowing Limitless Material Now Opens Potential Queries for Reconciliation So Truth may be Universal
Volume of Wisdom XIII: Y to Z

Coidzor
2010-09-30, 05:19 AM
Seriously? It took us this long to get a Futurama joke?
I was... I was waiting for it.

Eventually I gave up hope and bit the bullet.

...sorry.

heymejack
2010-09-30, 05:22 AM
go back to the bookstore. they're called moleskins. i recommend the ones that have both blank pages and lined pages (a perfect mix of chaos and law.)

BobVosh
2010-09-30, 05:34 AM
I was... I was waiting for it.

Eventually I gave up hope and bit the bullet.

...sorry.

Hah! I out lasted you, I almost posted one.

At least we know how you will take a stand. That's the problem with Neutrals - you never know where you stand. Darn them and their neutrality.

Ah, curses. I have failed.

MrLich
2010-09-30, 09:15 AM
Hah! I out lasted you, I almost posted one.

At least we know how you will take a stand. That's the problem with Neutrals - you never know where you stand. Darn them and their neutrality.

Ah, curses. I have failed.

Time to raise a beige alert!

On the serious note I must have missed those in DoU I'll go back and take a look.

hamishspence
2010-09-30, 10:30 AM
Not the generic splatbook Drow of the Underdark- the Forgotten Realms splatbook Underdark, which is very different, and has content that makes plenty of sense outside of Faerun.

Like the aforementioned Neutrality artifacts.