PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Critters II!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Bhu
2011-09-17, 01:25 AM
Sure go ahead!

flabort
2011-09-17, 10:26 AM
Only problem is, I can't think of what to put in.
Should I be scaring Bert, or Abner, what text colors should I use, and what should they say to keep it "original", how to represent their accents, stuff like that.

"Stop try-an tah hit that thing again, Bert. I already cut off it's head, dudn't I.....? WHOAH! HIT IT! HIT IT!"

Would that be good to put in? It doesn't seem to have the right... flair. Or color?

Bhu
2011-09-17, 05:03 PM
I've varied the colors over time. I generally just substitute ah for I and anything that ends in ing is now in'.

flabort
2011-09-17, 05:14 PM
Oh, ok. that makes sense. I'll put the quote (with "Fixed" grammar) into the entry. thanks

Actually, thought of a better one.

Bhu
2011-09-22, 11:38 PM
http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Arakune

Arakune
Medium Outsider
Hit Dice: 30d8+150 (285 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), Climb 40 ft., Burrow 40 ft.
Armor Class: 35 (+5 Dex, +20 Deflection), touch 35, flat-footed 30
Base Attack/Grapple: +30/+35
Attack: Limb +35 melee (1d10+5)
Full Attack: 6 Limbs +35 melee (1d10+5)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Blast, Paralysis Gas, Astral Finish, Summon Bugs, Attack from Below, Engulf, Pounce
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', Teleport, Merge, Invisibility, Fluid Body, Insanity, Immunities
Saves: Fort +22, Ref +22, Will +19
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 20, Con 20, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 2
Skills: Balance +23, Climb +23, Computer Use +18, Concentration +22, Craft (Electronics) +18, Disable Device +18, Escape Artist +31, Hide +23, Jump +23, Knowledge (Physical Sciences, Technology) +18, Listen +19, Move Silently +23, Research +18, Spot +19, Swim +22, Tumble +18
Feats: Acrobatic Strike, Brachiation, Combat Acrobat, Combat Reflexes, Greater Powerful Charge, Improved Trip, Leap Attack, Leap of the Heavens, Power Attack, Powerful Charge, Roofwalker
Environment: Any
Organization: Unique
Challenge Rating:
Treasure: None
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: 31+ HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment: ---

"I m Ar k u ..."

I'd put a bio for Arakune here but I'm not sure f it would put me in trouble...

Blast (Su): 5 times per day (once every 1d4 rounds) Arakune can unleash a blast of Force energy in either a 10' Radius centered around himself (to which he is immune) or in a 30' Line doing 20d6 Force damage. He may also do this to a Grappled opponent in lieu of a Grapple attack, but this causes his opponent to escape the Grapple.

Gas (Su): Once per round as a Swift Action Arakune can exhale a small vaporous cloud covering a 5'x5'x5' area. If anyone enters the crowd they attract the insects hidden within Arakune's body on subsequent rounds (see below) for 1d6 rounds.

Astral Finish (Su): 3 times per day as a Full Attack Arakune can turn into a giant eye, move, and make a melee touch attack. If the touch attack is successful his opponent must make a DC 27 Willpower Save or Die. If the Save is successful the opponent takes 3d6 damage instead.

Summon Bugs (Su): If an opponent who has been exposed to Arakune's Gas Attack is within 30' of him he can call up a Bell Bug, Bee or Ground Bug once per round as a Swift Action. They remain until killed or the gas wears off.

Attack from Below (Ex): As a Full Round attack Arakune can plunge a tentacle into the ground, and Limb attack any opponent standing on it up to 30' away. He likes to perform trip attacks in this manner.

Engulf (Ex): Arakune can make Grapple Checks without provoking an Attack of Opportunity. If the opponent is his Size Class or smaller he can Engulf them on a successful Grapple Check, and do 2d10+10 damage as long as the Grapple is maintained.

Pounce (Ex): Arakune can make a Full Attack as part of a Charge. He can also make a Trip Attack as part of a Charge.

Teleport (Su): Arakune can Teleport to any location within 30' a number of times per day equal to his Constitution Score.

Merge (Ex): Arakune can meld into porous surfaces like dirt and sand as a Swift Action once per round. While melded he is considered to have Total Concealment, and is effectively invisible to his opponent as long as he takes no action other than moving under the surface (must be at least 10' deep).

Invisibility (Su): Arakune can use Invisibility a number of times per day equal to his Constitution Score.

Fluid Body (Ex): Due to his lack of internal organs Arakune gets the following abilities from his somewhat fluid body: a Deflection Bonus to Armor Class equal to his Constitution Score. Also due to his ability to morph the bones floating withing his body he can choose to do bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage when he attacks.

Insanity (Ex): Arakune is permanently and incurably insane. To communicate with another being for 1 round requires a DC 30 Concentration Check. Using any Int or Cha based skill requires a DC 20 Concentration Check. Once per week or so he has a lucid period lasting 1d4 minutes in which these penalties do not apply. While he is not lucid, those trying to look into his mind via telepathy or similar powers such a Detect Thoughts must make a DC 27 Willpower Save (Save DC is Wisdom Based) or be Dazed 1 round.

Immunities (Ex): Immune to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, disease, Mind-Affecting Effects, and is not subject to critical hits or flanking. He is also immune to Swarm attacks. Arakune does not sleep.

Skills: Arakune is very dark colored and gains a +8 Racial Bonus to Hide Checks in areas of shadowy illumination. He also gets a +8 Racial Bonus to Escape Artist Checks.

Combat: Arakune uses his superior movement and agility to outmaneuver opponents while awaiting an opportunity to Gas them and then Summon help. If that fails his invisibility comes into play, and he has quite a few options to rely on for tougher opponents.

Bhu
2011-09-24, 02:18 AM
any powers/feats you think I should add milo?

Milo v3
2011-09-24, 03:51 AM
any powers/feats you think I should add milo?

Looks good so far.

Edit: Could you tell me where the following feats are from though: Acrobatic Strike, Brachiation, Combat Acrobat, and Leap of the Heavens

Bhu
2011-09-24, 03:46 PM
Complete Adventurer: Brachiation
Players Handbook 2: Acrobatic Strike, Combat Acrobat, Leap of the Heavens

Bhu
2011-09-27, 02:52 AM
does arakune need food, sleep, water. air?

Milo v3
2011-09-27, 03:46 AM
Air: Probably for the insects inside him.
Food: I think he needs to eat as in the first game his story mode had you chose whether you eat the opponent or not.
Sleep: Don't think so.
Water: Probably for the insects inside him.

Bhu
2011-10-02, 02:27 AM
did u want him with tome of battle maneuvers or is he ok as is

Bell Bug
Tiny Aberration
Hit Dice: 5d8 (22 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 5 ft. (1 square), Climb 5 ft., Fly 20 ft. Clumsy
Armor Class: 15 (+2 Size, +1 Dex, +2 Natural), touch 13, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/-6 (+6 Attached)
Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d3-1)
Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d3-1)
Space/Reach: 2 1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Attach
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', Glide, Mindless
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +5
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 11, Int -, Wis 13, Cha 2
Skills: Listen +3, Spot +3
Feats: Alertness (B), Weapon Finesse (B)
Environment: Underground
Organization: Solitary or Swarm (5-10)
Challenge Rating:
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: 6-10 HD (Small)

Attach (Ex): If a Bell Bug hits with a touch attack, it latches onto the opponent's body. An attached Bell Bug is effectively grappling its prey. The Bell Bug loses its Dexterity bonus to AC and has an AC of 14, but holds on with great tenacity. Bell Bugs have a +12 racial bonus on grapple checks (already figured into the Base Attack/Grapple entry above). An attached Bell Bug can be struck with a weapon or grappled itself. To remove an attached Bell Bug through grappling, the opponent must achieve a pin against the Bell Bug.

Glide (Ex): For every 5' forward it moves the Bell Bug loses 5' in height while flying. It cannot gain altitude with flight and must launch itself from high points.

Combat: Bell bugs tend to glide down onto opponents and Attach, doing their best to crawl away if removed.

Bee
Tiny Aberration
Hit Dice: 5d8+5 (27 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 5 ft. (1 square), Climb 5 ft., Fly 40 ft. (Good)
Armor Class: 16 (+2 Size, +4 Dex), touch 16, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/-7
Attack: Sting +7 melee (1d3-2 plus poison)
Full Attack: Sting +7 melee (1d3-2 plus poison)
Special Attacks: Poison
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', Mindless
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 18, Con 12, Int -, Wis 13, Cha 2
Skills: Spot +5
Feats: Fly-By Attack (B), Hover (B)
Challenge Rating:
Advancement: 6-10 HD (Small)

Poison (Ex): Injury DC 13 Fortitude Save (Save DC is Constitution based, Initial and Secondary damage is 1d4 Dexterity.

Skills: Bees get a +4 Racial Bonus to Spot Checks.

Combat: Bees tend to sting, fly away, and come back to repeat as often as necessary.

Ground Bug
Small Aberration
Hit Dice: 5d8+5 (27 hp)
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), Burrow 30 ft.
Armor Class: 17 (+1 Size, +1 Dex. +5 Natural), touch 12, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+0
Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4+1)
Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Attack from Below
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', Tremorsense 60'
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 13, Con 13, Int -, Wis 13, Cha 2
Skills: ---
Feats: ---
Challenge Rating:
Advancement: 6-10 HD (Medium)

Attack from below (Ex): If buried underground (and it's opponent is unaware of it) the Ground Bug can make a Full Attack action to surface and Bite it's opponent, gaining +2d6 Sneak Attack for that round.

Combat: Ground bugs bit, burrow into the ground, and resurface to attack again as necessary.

flabort
2011-10-02, 11:06 AM
I'm taking my opportunity now to steal that template you use when creationing monsters, before you fill in stats. Just because I realized it makes it easier. :smallamused: :smalltongue:

Bhu
2011-10-05, 02:09 AM
minor arakune update

fluff wise, are his bugs supposed to have any abilities?

Milo v3
2011-10-05, 02:35 AM
Arakune looks good so far.

And as for the bugs, they are immune to sethir which is a toxic poison so I guess immunity to poison. Also they live in a group of books which are inside Arakune, I don't know what mechanical effect that could have though.

Bhu
2011-10-05, 03:11 PM
any special attacks?

Milo v3
2011-10-05, 05:08 PM
I don't know about them having any special attacks or powers.

Bhu
2011-10-09, 02:43 AM
Arakune has been updated. How many Hit Dice do you want the bugs to be?

Milo v3
2011-10-09, 03:39 AM
Looks great, like the insanity. For the bugs, how many will he summon?

Bhu
2011-10-09, 01:27 PM
still trying to figure that out, is the gas what lets him summon the bugs or does the gas temporarily freeze them?

Milo v3
2011-10-09, 03:50 PM
If the gas your talking about is Sethir then yes it allows him to summon the bugs. I think.

Bhu
2011-10-15, 12:57 AM
what HD should we make the bugs? 1 HD is useless, but usually they only stick around for 1 hit in the game.

Milo v3
2011-10-15, 01:16 AM
Maybe five-seven HD. At the levels players will be battling Arakune I think it would be fair to say they would die in one hit. Or we could make them 3 HD.

Bhu
2011-10-19, 02:35 AM
Arakune and bugs pdated

Fera Tian
2011-10-19, 02:55 AM
In homage of the thread's title some one should homebrew these guys.
http://www.shuizmz.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/critters1.png

Bhu
2011-10-19, 04:29 AM
In homage of the thread's title some one should homebrew these guys.
http://www.shuizmz.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/critters1.png

If i can find the movies i may have to do that for halloween!

Bhu
2011-10-27, 04:50 AM
Thoughts on what kind of attack I should make the Astral FInish?

Bhu
2011-11-01, 02:55 AM
Arakune himself is done except for CR, and the bugs are almost finished. Antything eft you want me to add or change Milo?

Milo v3
2011-11-01, 03:08 AM
I think they are great. Also I don't know how writing a bio for him would create any trouble.

Prophet_of_Io
2011-11-03, 11:16 PM
Just saw the Dire Butterfly, Amazing!

Sorry I didn't get back to you til now but I've sort of been on hiatus doing work abroad. As for size, in my mind it was Large but if I really want it to be smaller I can just make minor adjustments.

Your the Best!

Bhu
2011-11-04, 03:45 AM
Nice to see you back Prophet!! I was hoping you were ok!

Prophet_of_Io
2011-11-04, 09:12 PM
Yup, back and more or less in one piece, but y'know who really uses both arms anyway. Good to be back though :smallwink:

Bhu
2011-11-05, 02:23 AM
Okay Milo the bugs are done and they and arakune just need cr.

Your critters are up next twilight

Bhu
2011-11-08, 05:41 AM
As many of you probably know the BG Forums are moving, and I participated heavily there. So I have to port over almost a dozen threads and two large PbP's. Gimme a day or so to get it done before I restart.

Milo v3
2011-11-08, 05:51 AM
Thanks Bhu for Arakune. Now to rain insane arachnid destruction upon my players! :smalltongue:

Bhu
2011-11-08, 02:51 PM
no problem :smallcool:

I'll have the CR up soon

Bhu
2011-11-12, 03:37 AM
I'm almost done with the move please be patient just a little longer

Serpentine
2011-11-12, 07:33 AM
Hey, if you have time, it'd be super-handy if you were to make me a guath (MM1) swarm by Monday (if possible). CR anywhere between 13 and, say, 18, don't really mind. Maybe a swarm of super-teeny-baby beholders too.

Bhu
2011-11-12, 06:04 PM
Gauths are medium, I cant make them into a swarm template. Wasnt there a teensy beholder in one of the monster books or in 2.0? Anyone know?

Milo v3
2011-11-12, 07:20 PM
Gauths are medium, I cant make them into a swarm template. Wasnt there a teensy beholder in one of the monster books or in 2.0? Anyone know?

Eyeballs. They are in Monsters of Faerun.

Serpentine
2011-11-12, 08:40 PM
Gauths are medium, I cant make them into a swarm template. Wasnt there a teensy beholder in one of the monster books or in 2.0? Anyone know?1. Homebrew. 2. Mobs :smalltongue: If I couldn't get someone to do something more specific, I was just gonna slap on the Mob template
Totally fine with eyeballs, btw.

Bhu
2011-11-13, 02:36 AM
Lemme see if I have the Mob template anywhere, if not I guess Ill hav e to wing it.

Bhu
2011-11-13, 04:46 AM
Eyeball Swarm
Tiny Aberration (Swarm)
Hit Dice: 30d8-30 (105 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 5 ft. (1 square), Fly 40 ft. (Good)
Armor Class: 16 (+2 Size, +3 Dex, +1 Natural), touch 15, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +22/-
Attack: Swarm (5d6) and x Eye Rays +27 Ranged Touch
Full Attack: Swarm (5d6) and x Eye Rays +27 Ranged Touch
Space/Reach: 10 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Eye Rays, Distraction
Special Qualities: Immunities, All-Around Vision, Flight, Swarm traits, Dark Vision 60', Half Damage from Slashing and Piercing
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +13, Will +19
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 16, Con 9, Int 2, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Hide +18, Listen +2, Move Silently +10, Search +12, Spot +14
Feats: Ability Focus (Eye Rays), Aerial Reflexes*, Aerial Superiority*, Alertness, Fly-By Attack, Hover, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (Eye Ray), Wingover * See races of the wild
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 13
Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
Advancement: ---

Eye Rays (Su): Anything inside the swarm is automatically hit with 6 rays per round. Anything within 35' of the Swarm gets 1d3 ray attacks per round directed against it. Each rays effect resembles a spell cast by a 4th Level Sorcerer and has a range of 35', and requires a DC 27 Saving Throw (Save DC is Charisma Based). The 4 effects to choose from are Cause Fear (Will Save), Daze (Will Save), Ray of Frost (no save), or Mage Hand (move any unattended weight of 15 lbs or less up to 15' a round).

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature vulnerable to swarm damage within The Swarm's area of effect must make a DC 24 Fortitude Save or be Nauseated 1 round. Using skills that involve patience or concentration require a DC 20 Concentration check. Casting or concentrating on spells requires a Concentration check (DC 20+spell level). Save DC is Constitution based.

Immunities: Immune to Charms and Compulsions.

All-Around Vision (Ex): The Eyeball's eyes give it a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Search checks, and they cannot be flanked.

Flight (Ex): An Eyeball's body is naturally buoyant granting it a permanent Feather Fall effect as per the spell of the same name with personal range.

Combat: Eyeballs are like most swarms despite being intelligent. They, you know, swarm.

Bhu
2011-11-13, 04:49 AM
Gauth Mob
Medium Aberration
Hit Dice: 30d8+90 (225 HP)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 5 ft. (1 square), Flying 20 ft. (Good)
Armor Class: 19 (+2 Dex, +7 Natural), touch 12, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +22/-
Attack: Mob (5d6) and 24 Eye Rays +27 Ranged Touch
Full Attack: Mob (5d6) and 24 Eye Rays +27 Ranged Touch
Space/Reach: 20 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Eye Rays, Stunning Gaze
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', All-Around Vision, Flight, Mob Anatomy, Swarm traits
Saves: Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +21
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 13
Skills: Hide, Knowledge (Arcana), Listen, Search, Spot, Survival
Feats: Ability Focus (Eye Rays), Aerial Reflexes*, Aerial Superiority*, Alertness, Fly-By Attack, Hover, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (Eye Ray), Wingover * See races of the wild
Environment: Cold Hills
Challenge Rating: 15
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Eye Rays (Su): Anything inside the swarm is automatically hit with 8 rays per round. Anything within 100' of the Swarm gets 1d4 ray attacks per round directed against it. Each rays effect resembles a spell cast by a 8th Level Sorcerer and has a range of 100', and requires a DC 28 Saving Throw (Save DC is Charisma Based). Ray effects to choose from are: Sleep (Will Save, affects any one creature regardless of HD), Inflict Moderate Wounds (2d8+8 damage, Will Save for half), Dispel Magic (targeted dispel version, level check is 1d20+8), Scorching Ray (one ray doing 4d6 fire damage, no save), Ray of exhaustion (no Save), and Paralysis (Fort Save or be Paralyzed 2d10 minutes).

Stunning Gaze (Su): Gaze Attack 30', Stun for 1 round, DC 26 Will Save Negates. Save DC is Charisma Based.

All-Around Vision (Ex): The Beholders eyes give it a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Search checks, and they cannot be flanked.

Flight (Ex): A Beholders body is naturally buoyant granting it a permanent Feather Fall effect as per the spell of the same name with personal range.

Mob Anatomy (Ex): Immune to critical hits, cannot be flanked, tripped, grappled, or bull rushed.

Combat: Slightly more tactical than the Eyeballs, but not by much given their preponderence of eye rays.

Bhu
2011-11-13, 08:53 PM
Any thoguhts so far serp?

Serpentine
2011-11-14, 02:24 AM
They look great, thanks! :smallbiggrin: Any thoughts on the CR, yet?

Bhu
2011-11-14, 02:36 AM
They look great, thanks! :smallbiggrin: Any thoughts on the CR, yet?

Not yet, crunch on the eyeball is done, lemme finish the gauth and ill give it a guess

Bhu
2011-11-14, 02:57 AM
ok all teh crunchy bits are done i just need to figure out CR. I dont have anything to really compare these to though...

Serpentine
2011-11-15, 08:25 AM
Sorry 'bout my inbox.
I don't know about the eyeballs, but guaths are CR 6. I'm not sure how you went about making them, but the Mob mechanic for CR might be worth a look. It sets the CR of mobs of creatures under CR 7 as CR 8. With the retention of eye rays (which the mob template, strictly speaking, disallows), I'd probably add 1 or 2 to that. But I'm terrible at CRing.
Oh, and we didn't get up to it today, so we have another week to finish these off :smallsmile:

Bhu
2011-11-16, 05:23 AM
"What about giving them a smaller number of targeted rays, and resolve the rest as a large radius Reflex save? Success means only 1 of the random rays, failure means three.

EDIT:
Centered on the swarm of course."

Quoth from BG. Whaddya think?

Serpentine
2011-11-16, 08:24 AM
BG?
Maybe. I was vaguely considering something like the characters do however many saves each round, and if they fail they take a random ray.

Bhu
2011-11-16, 02:59 PM
brilliant gameologists

Bhu
2011-11-18, 03:06 AM
Red Panda
Tiny Animal
Hit Dice: 1/2d8 (2 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), Climb 20 ft.
Armor Class: 14 (+2 Size, +2 Dex), touch 12, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-11
Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d2-3)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +4 melee (1d2-3) and 1 Bite -1 melee (1d3-3)
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Low Light Vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 4, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 7
Skills: Balance +10, Climb +10, Hide +14, Listen +2, Move Silently +3, Spot +2
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Cold Endurance (B)
Environment: Temperate Mountains and Forests
Organization: Solitary or Pair
Challenge Rating: 1/4

Skills: Red Pandas gt a +8 Racial Bonus on Balance and Climb Checks, and may always Take 10 on a Climb Check. They may use their Dex modifier instead of their Str modifier for Climb Checks. and gain a +4 Racial Bonus to Hide Checks.

Combat: Red Pandas generally flee, or rear up and claw if cornered.

any guesses as to whether or not these things have scent?

Bhu
2011-11-18, 03:20 AM
Serp: I reworded the abilities, tell me what you think now.

Twilight: These Furries you want. Are you thinking of race or monster?

PowerGamer
2011-11-18, 03:28 PM
Thank You For The Red Panda Post!!!

I did some research and could not find if they have a smell. BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH

Serpentine
2011-11-19, 11:26 AM
They look great! Thanks Bhu :smallsmile: If you could try to work out a CR, that'd be great.

Bhu
2011-11-20, 02:57 AM
They look great! Thanks Bhu :smallsmile: If you could try to work out a CR, that'd be great.

CR 13 for the eyeball swarm, cr 15 for the gauth mob sound ok for a guess?

Twilight?? U still there?

Dr.Orpheus
2011-11-20, 02:43 PM
I suggest a Crawling Head (Fiend folio) with the Multiheaded template (savage species). Because it is a head adding a same sized head will double its size allowing you to add more heads ignoring the table of max additional heads based on size because the heads you add will grant a higher max heads.

Bhu
2011-11-21, 02:48 AM
I suggest a Crawling Head (Fiend folio) with the Multiheaded template (savage species). Because it is a head adding a same sized head will double its size allowing you to add more heads ignoring the table of max additional heads based on size because the heads you add will grant a higher max heads.

For this you deserve a hug :smallcool:

Bhu
2011-11-21, 02:56 AM
may as well continue beholderfest while we await reply from twilight

Dire Beholder
Gargantuan Abomination
Hit Dice: 34d8+272 (425 hp)
Speed: Fly 40 ft. (8 squares), Good
Armor Class: 25 (-4 Size, +1 Dex, +18 Natural), touch 7, flat-footed 24
Base Attack/Grapple: +25/+45
Attack: Eye Rays +22 ranged touch and 1 Bite +24 melee (3d6+8)
Full Attack: Eye Rays +22 ranged touch and 1 Bite +24 melee (3d6+8)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks: Eye Rays
Special Qualities: All-Around Vision, Anti-Magic Blast, Darkvision 120', Flight, SR 34, DR 10/Epic
Saves: Fort +21, Ref +12, Will +25
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 13, Con 26, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 24
Skills: Bluff +15, Concentration +20, Intimidate +20, Knowledge (Arcana, Dungeoneering, Geography, Nature) +20, Listen +22, Search +20, Spot +23, Survival +20
Feats: Alertness, Disintegration Finesse*, Dodge, Flyby Attack, Empower Spell, Extend Spell, Great Fortitude, Improved Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Metaray*, Mobility
* See Lords of Madness
Challenge Rating: 27
Treasure: Double Standard
Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
Advancement: 35-50 HD (Gargantuan), 51-75 HD (Colossal)

"Anybody know what teh Hell that evil black floaty thing is in the distance?"

Dire Beholders are a thankfully rare mutation of the Beholder race. Enormous floating cancerous masses of eyestalks, teeth, and armor plating they leave huge trails of destruction in their wake. Thankfully normal Beholders hate them and are willing to ally with anyone willing to fight.

Eye Rays (Su): Each of a Dire Beholders 16 eye rays resembles a spell cast by a 20th Level Caster. They have a range of 240', and require a DC 34 Saving Throw if they successfully hit (Save DC is Charisma Based).

Eye 1: Target must make a Will Save or be affected as if a Dominate Spell were cast on him.

Eye 2: Target must make a Fortitude Save or be affected as if a Disintegrate spell were cast on him.

Eye 3: Target must make a Will Save or be affected as if a Symbol of Fear Spell were cast on him.

Eye 4: Target with 101 hp or less dies as if a Power Word Kill spell were cast on him. Can only be used every 1d4 rounds.

Eye 5: Target must make a Fortitude Save or be affected as if a Flesh to Stone spell were cast on him.

Eye 6: Target must make a Fortitude Save or be affected as if a Destruction spell were cast on him.

Eye 7: The Beholder can use this ray to effectively cast Telekinesis at will.

Eye 8: Target must make a Will Save or be affected as if a Symbol of Sleep Spell were cast on him.

Eye 9: Target must make a Will Save or be affected as if a Dominate Monster Spell were cast on him.

Eye 10: Target must make a Fortitude Save or be affected as if an Energy Drain Spell were cast on him.

Eye 11: Target is affected as if a Polar Ray Spell were cast on him.

Eye 12: Target must make a Fortitude Save or be affected as if a Blackfire* were cast on him.

Eye 13: Target must make a Will Save or be affected as if a Greater Bestow Curse* Spell were cast on him.

Eye 14: Target must make a Will Save or be affected as if a Wrathful Castigation* Spell were cast on him.

Eye 15: Target must make a Will Save or be affected as if a Maddening Whispers* Spell were cast on him.

Eye 16: Target must make a Will Save or be affected as if a Radiant Assault* Spell were cast on him.

*See Spell Compendium.

All-Around Vision (Ex): The Beholders eyes give it a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Search checks, and they cannot be flanked.

Anti-Magic Cannon: Once every 1d4 rounds as a Swift Action the Dire Beholder may open it's central eye unleashing a powerful Antimagic blast in a 225' Cone. Everything in this area is affected as if by a Mordenkainen's Disjunction spell.

Flight (Ex): A Beholders body is naturally buoyant granting it a permanent Feather Fall effect as per the spell of the same name with personal range.

Combat: Similar to regular Beholders but with a lot more ranged artillery.

Bhu
2011-11-25, 02:32 AM
dire beholder done cept for cr

flabort
2011-11-25, 04:51 PM
Mwahahahahaha...
Definitely going to capture one of those for myself, gonna unleash it in that stupid wizards academy that wouldn't teach necromancy, calling it a "black art". You'da thought they were clerics of Pelor.... :smallfurious:

I'm glad it hasn't occurred to the wizard you have fleshweaving animals for you to stat that a Dire Dire animal would be a good experiment...

Bhu
2011-11-27, 02:41 AM
Hamstower
Fine Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 1/2d10 (2 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), Climb 5 ft., Burrow 5 ft.
Armor Class: 21 (+8 Size, +3 Dex), touch 21, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+13
Attack: Nibble +11 melee touch (Attach)
Full Attack: Nibble +11 melee touch (Attach)
Space/Reach: 0 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Nibble, OW!
Special Qualities: Low Light Vision, Dark Vision 60'
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 5, Wis 14, Cha 14
Skills: Balance +12, Climb +12, Hide +24, Move Silently +8, Swim +11
Feats: Improved Initiative
Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Colony (10-100)
Challenge Rating: 1

"Abner?? Abner wake up there's lil furry critters nibblin' on yer toes.."

"FOOM!"

"AAAIIIGH!"

Nibble (Ex): If the Hamstower hits with a melee Touch Attack, it attaches itself to it's opponent effectively Grappling it. The Hamstower loses it's Dexterity Bonus to AC, but has a +12 Bonus to Grapple Checks (as well as ignoring Size/Strength penalties to Grapple Checks). It can be struck with a weapon, or removed by pinning it in a Grapple.

OW! (Su): Hamstowers are notoriously unstable. If they take enough damage to reduce them to negative hit points they explode doing 2d4 damage in a 5' square.

Skills: Hamstowers have a +4 Racial Bonus on Hide and Move Silently Checks. They also have a +8 Racial Bonus on Balance, Climb, and Swim Checks. They may use their Dex instead of Str modifier for Climb and Swim Checks. They can always choose to take 10 on Climb or Swim Checks.

Combat: Hamstowers go straight for the grapple while the rest of the colony flees. They're darn loyal critters.

Bhu
2011-11-27, 02:45 AM
Lollipop Guardian
Colossal Construct
Hit Dice: 14d10+80 (157 hp)
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 21 (-8 Size, +1 Dex, +18 Natural), touch 3, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+38
Attack: Hammer +14 melee (6d6+24/18-20, x3)
Full Attack: Hammer +14 melee (6d6+24/18-20, x3)
Space/Reach: 30 ft./30 ft.
Special Attacks: Hammer
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', Construct traits, Blindsight 240', DR 10/Magic
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5
Abilities: Str 35, Dex 12, Con -, Int -, Wis 12, Cha 2
Skills: -
Feats: -
Challenge Rating: 10
Advancement: 15-28 Hit Dice (Colossal)

"Abner...I have seen some damn fool things in my time...but I can't believe we signed on for this.."

This is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. A malicious lollipop animated in a manner similar to Golems. A lollipop the size of a T-Rex. Maybe bigger. A lollipop able to defy gravity by standing upwards on what would the stick you would hold it by, that can flip itself in mid air, crushing smaller man sized targets on the ground. A fairly rare creature as the methods known to make it are known only to a small guild of candy obsessed mages who aren't speaking.

Hammer (Ex): The Guardians Hammer attack threatens a critical on an 18-20 and does x3 damage.

Combat: Hammer till foes be squished. Their programming is not subtle.

Bhu
2011-11-27, 02:50 AM
Lollipop, Possessed
Fine Outsider (Baatezu, Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)
Hit Dice: 10d8+30 (75 hp)
Speed: 0 ft. (0 squares)
Armor Class: 23 (+8 Size, +5 Profane), touch 23, flat-footed 23
Base Attack/Grapple: +10/-
Attack: -
Full Attack: -
Special Attacks: Eat Me, Poison Soul, Spellcasting
Special Qualities: Blindsight 120', Immunities, Energy Resistance 10 (Acid and Cold), Telepathy 100', Damage Reduction 10/-, Spell Resistance 23, Blindsight 120'
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +14
Abilities: Str -, Dex -, Con 16, Int 20, Wis 20, Cha 20
Skills: Bluff +22, Concentration +19, Diplomacy +22, Gather Information +22, Knowledge (any 2) +22, Listen +24, Search +22, Sense Motive +22, Spot +24
Feats: Ability Focus (Poison Soul), Alertness, Improved Initiative, Iron Will
Challenge Rating: 10
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Advancement: 11-20 HD (Fine)

"The sugar commands me to eat you..."

"Seriously? This is what Devils have come to these days?"

In their efforts to seduce the mortal races into pacts the Devil's have hit upon a new idea: Possessed candy. Instead of signing lengthy contracts in blood mortals are compelled to lick the possessed lollipop and take the power it offers in exchange for their soul. Unfortunately it hasn't gotten them many powerful souls. Mostly children and teenage girls with daddy issues. But you gotta give 'em credit for trying.

Eat Me (Su): Anyone seeing an unattended Lollipop must make a DC 20 Willpower Save or feel compelled to lick it. The Lollipop never shrinks, and all attempts to eat it are futile. Save DC is Charisma based.

Poison Soul (Su): When the victim licks the Lollipop they must make a DC 22 Willpower Save (Save DC is Charisma based) or have their alignment change one step closer to Lawful Evil. Once they become Lawful Evil they are a willing servant of the Baatezu.

Spellcasting: Lollipops may cast spells as a Beguiler whose Level is half their Hit Dice.

Immunities: Lollipops are immune to Fire, Poison, Petrification, Polymorph, sleep effects, Paralysis, death effects, stunning, critical hits, non lethal damage, and fatigue/exhaustion.

Combat: Lollipops don't fight, they let their victims do that (though they will cast spells to back them up).

Bhu
2011-11-27, 02:56 AM
Furries
Medium Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 1d8 (4 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), Climb 20 ft.
Armor Class: 12 (+2 Dex), touch 12, flat-footed 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+1
Attack: Claw +3 melee (1d4, 18-20)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +3 melee (1d4, 18-20) and 1 Bite -2 melee (18-20)
Special Attacks: Wounding, Rake, Enchanting Personality
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', Fur
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Skills: Bluff +6, Climb +2, Diplomacy +6, Hide +4, Jump +2, Listen +2, Move Silently +4, Search +3, Spot +2, Tumble +2
Feats: Weapon Finesse
Environment: Any Mountains, Forest, Hills, or Plains
Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Village (10-100)
Alignment: Usually Neutral
Advancement: By Character Class
Level Adjustment: +3

"Now look Furry..."

"My name is Leticia, and we aren't Furries, our people are called Sesquipedaliens."

"Look i cant say them words so I say furry."

Why am I being arrested?"

"You ain't wearin' clothes! This is a respectable town. Why would you wear clothes if'n you wasn't lookin' ta lure our men?"

"Because I'm covered in fur and it's July you moron."

"Oh..."

"Also our species aren't compatible. Sesquipedaliens don't procreate, we subdivide like amoeba."

"But everyone says your..."

"How many of these 'everyone' people n this town would you trust to wash themselves properly, let alone have any knowledge of something outside this town?"

'Well...now that you put it that way prolly not many...wait did you just call us ignorant?"

"Most of you. You seem to be coming around though."

"Why thank you...HEY!"

Sesquipedaliens appear to be furry humanoid cat women. Rumors fly about their race. They have unusual lifestyles. They worship heathen Gawds. They're promiscuous and spread new ideas. Nothing could be further from the truth. They're fairly nice people, but their lack of clothing and asexual reproduction tend to single them out for trouble as other races have trouble understanding certain aspects of their race.

Wounding (Ex): A Sesquipedaliens Natural Weapons threaten a Critical on a natural roll of 18-10, and the opponent must make a DC 10 Fortitude Save or take an additional hit point of damage per round for 1d6 rounds (Save DC is Strength Based).

Rake (Ex): Attack and damage rolls same as Claws, ability is the same as the one listed in the MM.

Enchanting Personality (Sp): Sesquipedaliens may cast Charm Person and Hypnotism once per day as Spell-Like Abilities (Caster Level is equal to HD).

Fur(Ex): Sesquipedaliens take +1 point of damage per die from Fire, and -1 point of damage per die from Cold.

Skills: Sesquipedaliens get a +2 Racial Bonus on Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Hide, Listen, and Move Silently Checks.

Combat: Many Sesquipedaliens tend to specialize in learning to fight while charging or grappling to make use of their claw rakes.

doing the d20 version first Twilight

apologies to my furry friends, I intend to keep this respectful (but hopefully amusing)

Furries

What it says above yo.

FURRIES CR 1/2

XP 200
Neutral Medium Monstrous Humanoid
Init +2; Senses Darkvision 60'; Perception +8
DEFENSE
AC: 12 (+2 Dex), touch 12, flat-footed 10
hp 5
Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +2
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares), Climb 20 ft.
Melee 2 Claws +3 melee (1d4, 18-20) and 1 Bite -2 melee (18-20)
Space 5' Reach 5'
Special Attacks Wounding, Rake, Enchanting Personality
STATISTICS
Str 10, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Base Atk +1; CMB +1; CMD 13
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +7, Bluff +5, Climb +6, Diplomacy +5, Perception +8, Stealth +8
Racial Modifiers Sesquipedaliens get a +2 Racial Bonus on Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Perception, and Stealth Checks.
Languages Sesquipedalien, Common
SQ Fur
SPECIAL ABILITIES

Wounding (Ex): A Sesquipedaliens Natural Weapons threaten a Critical on a natural roll of 18-10, and the opponent must make a DC 10 Fortitude Save or take an additional hit point of damage per round for 1d6 rounds (Save DC is Strength Based).

Rake (Ex): Attack and damage rolls same as Claws, ability is the same as the one listed in the MM.

Enchanting Personality (Sp): Sesquipedaliens may cast Charm Person and Hypnotism once per day as Spell-Like Abilities (Caster Level is equal to HD).

Fur(Ex): Sesquipedaliens take +1 point of damage per die from Fire, and -1 point of damage per die from Cold.

ECOLOGY
Environment Any Mountains, Forest, Hills, or Plains
Organization Solitary, Pair, or Village (10-100)
Treasure 130 GP

Bhu
2011-11-29, 03:08 AM
looking ok so far twilight?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-11-29, 09:45 AM
Yes it is. Looking great, in fact. Thanks.

Bhu
2011-12-01, 03:50 AM
Im keeping their enchantment spells to level 1 or so if thats okay

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-12-01, 04:09 PM
Im keeping their enchantment spells to level 1 or so if thats okay

Sounds fine.

Bhu
2011-12-04, 03:00 AM
edited in most of the rest.

you know this is gonna have a bit of an LA right?

Bhu
2011-12-06, 12:47 AM

OK, so how messed up you want this head to be?

Dr.Orpheus
2011-12-07, 03:35 AM
OK, so how messed up you want this head to be?I think you mean heads.

Well the Crawling Head is normally CR 20 so any additional heads will make it epic. I think a 10 and 20 and 30 head version would be cool if you had the time. feel free to not just apply the template, go and give each head a specific power if you want. This is defiantly going to be an great elder evil (I never use that book when I am DMing :smallconfused: time for that to end :smallamused:).

Bhu
2011-12-07, 03:56 AM
ill make it a unique critter. will start as soon as i finish the furries

Bhu
2011-12-09, 02:55 AM
Dire Furries
Large Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 4d10+8 (30 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares), Climb 20 ft.
Armor Class: 12 (-1 Size, +1 Dex, +2 Natural), touch 10, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+13
Attack: Claw +7 melee (1d6+4, 18-20)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4, 18-20) and 1 Bite +5 melee (1d6+2/18-20)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Wounding, Rake, Enchanting Personality
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', Fur
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Skills: Bluff +6, Climb +8, Diplomacy +6, Hide +4, Jump +8, Listen +3, Move Silently +4, Search +3, Spot +2, Tumble +3
Feats: Improved Initiative, Multiattack
Environment: Any Mountains, Forest, Hills, or Plains
Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Village (10-100)
Challenge Rating: 3
Level Adjustment: +4

"You're under arrest!"

"Please. Your half my size. What is it you think you're capable of doing?"

" I cannot have the naked and unclean violating the purity of the children's minds!"

"I'm plenty clean. And I haven't touched yer kids minds."

"Your still naked!"

"Well duh I'm covered in thick fur. I feel like one of my cousins should have explained this to you by now..."

Some Sequipedaliens experience odd growth spurts when born that continue until they are quite large. Unimaginatively nick-named Dire Furries by the locals, they take the quirkiness of their non self-dividing neighbors in stride as best they can.

Skills: Sesquipedaliens get a +2 Racial Bonus on Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Hide, Listen, and Move Silently Checks.

Combat: Many Sesquipedaliens tend to specialize in learning to fight while charging or grappling to make use of their claw rakes.

Dire Furries

What it says above, again.

Dire Furries CR 2

XP 600
Neutral Large Monstrous Humanoid
Init +5; Senses Darkvision 60'; Perception +8
DEFENSE
AC: 12 (-1 Size, +1 Dex, +2 Natural), touch 10, flat-footed 11
hp 22
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft. (10 squares), Climb 20 ft.
Melee 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4, 18-20) and 1 Bite +5 melee (1d6+2/18-20)
Special Attacks Wounding, Rake, Enchanting Personality
STATISTICS
Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Base Atk +4; CMB +9; CMD 20
Feats Improved Initiative, Multiattack
Skills Acrobatics +7, Bluff +9, Climb +12, Diplomacy +10, Perception +8, Stealth +9
Racial Modifiers Sesquipedaliens get a +2 Racial Bonus on Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Perception, and Stealth Checks.
Languages Sesquipedalien, Common
SQ Fur
SPECIAL ABILITIES

ECOLOGY
Environment Any Mountains, Forest, Hills, or Plains
Organization Solitary, Pair, or Village (10-100)
Treasure 550 GP

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-12-09, 03:38 PM
Lookin' good! :smallbiggrin:

Bhu
2011-12-13, 03:53 AM
ok twilight im making a template for pathfinder stuff

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/boggard
they're supposed to look like this right?

soon as i get your furries done i make a head for orpheus then its back to your requests

Debihuman
2011-12-13, 08:48 AM
Bhu, you never cease to amaze me. One thing: darkvision is one word.

Debby

Bhu
2011-12-16, 03:41 AM
Bhu, you never cease to amaze me. One thing: darkvision is one word.

Debby

Debbies!!!!!

*hugs*

It's nice to see u back!! :smallbiggrin:

Bhu
2011-12-17, 05:03 AM
Okay I tried editing in the Paizo template idea I had and it's just not displaying right. Let me fiddle ith it a bit.

Bhu
2011-12-21, 04:52 AM
Does the template I edited in look ok twilight? I can't get it to work any better. :smallfrown:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-12-21, 11:29 AM
It looks great.

Bhu
2011-12-22, 03:45 AM
I think the Paizo version of the Furry is done. Lemme know if its ok, then ill od the Dire furry and start the giant multihead.

rweird
2011-12-23, 08:19 AM
Idea: The Walrus from The Beetles song "I am the Walrus".

Dire Furries should have d8s not d10s as hit dice because they're monsterous humanoids.

Debihuman
2011-12-23, 11:55 AM
Idea: The Walrus from The Beetles song "I am the Walrus".

Dire Furries should have d8s not d10s as hit dice because they're monsterous humanoids.

Monstrous Humanoids in Pathfinder use d10. Monstrous Humanoids in 3.5 use d8.

Debby

Thugorp
2011-12-26, 12:47 PM
O.K. Maybe I am just an idiot, but where are all of those things from the first page actually listed? and what do the pages refure to? many of them seemed like they would be awsome. but where are they?

Bhu
2011-12-26, 05:15 PM
They're in the old thread. Click on where it says'Page list for thread 1" to go to that thread.

Thugorp
2011-12-26, 08:25 PM
Thank you. :-)

Bhu
2011-12-29, 02:08 AM
Furries are done

if no one objects to CR/LA i believe i have a head to do

Dr.Orpheus
2011-12-29, 10:51 PM
Yes I am making plans to replace an ordinary force dragon with this new head monster in one of my campaigns.

Bhu
2011-12-30, 01:20 AM
Briareus
Huge Undead
Hit Dice: 50d12 (325 hp)
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), Climb 20 ft.
Armor Class: 30 (-2 Size, -2 Dex, +24 Natural), touch 6, flat-footed 30
Base Attack/Grapple: +25/+50
Attack: 12 Bites +40 melee (2d6+10/19-20)
Full Attack: 12 Bites +40 melee (2d6+10/19-20) and 4 Tentacles +35 melee (1d8+5)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Cacophony, Constrict (1d8+5), Improved Grab, Spell-Like Abilities, Vorpal Bite, Swallow Whole, Multiple Heads
Special Qualities: Absorb Head, DR 20/Magic and Piercing, Immunities (Electricity, Sonic), SR 31, True Seeing, Undead traits, Water Vulnerability, Multiheaded traits, Dark Vision 90', Fast Healing 21
Saves: Fort +20, Ref +14, Will +31
Abilities: Str 44, Dex 7, Con -, Int 20, Wis 19, Cha 39
Skills: Bluff +57, Climb +57, Concentration +50, Intimidate +57, Knowledge (Arcana, History, Nature, Religion) +50, Listen +50, Search +42, Spellcraft +40, Spot +50, Survival +4, Use Magic Device +57
Feats: Cleave, Combat Expertise, Devastating Critical (Bite), Dire Charge, Epic Fortitude, Great Cleave, Greater Spell Penetration, Improved Critical (Bite), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Overwhelming Critical (Bite), Power Attack, Power Critical (Bite), Spell Penetration, Superior Initiative, Weapon Focus (Bite), Combat Reflexes (B)
Environment: Any Underground or Desert
Challenge Rating: 33
Treasure: Standard, double items
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement: 51-100 HD (Huge), 101-150 HD (Gargantuan)

Briareus is an 12 headed Crawling Head, rumored to be a section of a hecantocheires. Were it not for the vast treasure he guards no one would make the long lonely trek to the island it haunts only to end up as a new undead or being absorbed.

Cacophony (Su): When a Crawling Head attacks, and it has at least 10 heads stored in it's body, all creatures within 60' must make a DC xx Willpower Save (Save DC is Charisma Based) each round, or Cower in Fear (the opponents get a Save each round). This is a Sonic, Mind-Affecting Effect,

Constrict (Ex): A Crawling Head does it's Tentacle damage with a successful Grapple Check.

Improved Grab (Ex): If the Crawling Head hits with it's Tentacle or Bite Attack it immediately gets a Grapple Check as a Free Action without Provoking an Attack of Opportunity. If it succeeds it may Constrict with the Tentacle or Swallow Whole with the Bite.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): The Crawling Head may cast the following as Spell Like Abilities:

At will: Animate Dead, Control Undead, Death Knell, Inflict Serious Wounds, Fear, Gentle Repose, Shield, and Speak with Dead.
3/day: Create Undead, Creeping Doom, Create Greater Undead, Finger of Death, Hold Monster, and Wail of the Banshee.
1/day: Greater Dispel Magic

Caster Level is 36.

Vorpal Bite (Ex): The Crawling Heads Bite Attack has the Vorpal Weapon Quality (see DMG page 226).

Swallow Whole (Ex): If Briareus succeeds with a grapple check it may swallow its opponent. Once inside opponents take 2d8+8 points of crushing damage and 2d8+8 points of acid damage per round. A swallowed creature may cut its way out by doing 25 points of damage to Briareus' digestive tract (AC 22). Muscular action closes the whole immediately afterward so other opponents must cut their own way out. It's gullet may hold 1 Medium, 4 Small, or 16 Diminutive or Smaller opponents. In addition for each head stored in Briareus they take an additional 1d6 bite damage.

Multiple Heads (Ex): During your turn one of your extra heads can use one of your SLAs, as long as it doesn't demand physical actions besides speaking.

Absorb Head (Su): As a Free Action Briareus can swallow the Head of a Large or Smaller Creature it has slain with it's Vorpal Bite, and it is stored in his stomach the following round. He can store a number of heads equal to his Hit Dice, and has 1d4+10 at any given random time. Once per round asa Free Action it may absorb a head to do one of the following:

Cast a Spell-Like Ability as if it has been cast with the Quicken Spell-Like Ability Feat.

Heal itself as though it had cast a Harm spell upon itself.

Increase one Ability Score by +6 for 1 hour.

If the head has been present in Briareus' stomach for at least 1 year, it may absorb it to replace one of it's own head's severed by a successful Vorpal Attack.

True Seeing (Su): A Crawling Head permanently has the benefits of a True Seeing spell.

Water Vulnerability (Ex): Contact with water does 1d6 points of damage to a Crawling Head per round (total immersion does 10d6). An attack with water (such as a Create Water spell) counts as 1 round of exposure.

Skills: Briareus gets a +8 Racial Bonus on Climb Checks, and may always Take 10 on a Climb Check. He also gets a +22 Racial Bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot Checks.

Combat: Briareus will usually use it's SLA's to animate undead to test possible adversaries while watching from afar. If the opponents are judged weak the assault will begin immediately, otherwise it will try to pick PC's off one by one using a combo of magic and Swallow Whole.

Bhu
2011-12-30, 01:23 AM
thoughts so far on it Doc?

Dr.Orpheus
2011-12-30, 01:45 AM
Epic level characters will probably plow right through an AC of 23, and I think that the size would be larger because it has a each individual head is normally size huge. Other than that I see that it has the normal crawling head abilities which is cool, but I assume there will be more to come.

Bhu
2011-12-30, 01:52 AM
Is it gonna be fighting Epic Level PC's?? If s i might add the monster of legend template too

Dr.Orpheus
2011-12-30, 02:24 AM
That sounds like a good template and yes I have a mildly powergaming group that will be between level 19 and 23 when they fight it.

Bhu
2011-12-30, 02:31 AM
template isnt applicable cause its undead...

evolved undead template maybe?

Dr.Orpheus
2011-12-30, 03:45 AM
You could apply it multiple times if once is not enough and don't choose a spell-like that it already has of course it may be better to pick a spell then roll. Leave room for homebrew abilities too. I kind of had an idea to spend stored heads on a breath weapon with power based on the number of heads, but You probably have good ideas too.

flabort
2011-12-30, 08:50 PM
You could create an "Undead of Legend" template, make it similar to but different from the Creature of Legend template. You are, after all, the homebrewer here. :smalltongue:

Now I want to imagine One of these.... up against an Epic templated hydra.
...Oooohhh.... Aaahhhh... AAAAHHH! Oh.... Eeemmmm.... Yeeee... Yow!

No victor. I guess. The image in my head was quite... climatic (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SealedEvilInADuel).

Dr.Orpheus
2011-12-30, 10:29 PM
I guess that an undead of legend template could be feasible with a undead of this power.

Bhu
2011-12-31, 02:39 PM
You could create an "Undead of Legend" template, make it similar to but different from the Creature of Legend template. You are, after all, the homebrewer here. :smalltongue:

Now I want to imagine One of these.... up against an Epic templated hydra.
...Oooohhh.... Aaahhhh... AAAAHHH! Oh.... Eeemmmm.... Yeeee... Yow!

No victor. I guess. The image in my head was quite... climatic (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SealedEvilInADuel).

I have, but they're all for incorporeal undead. skeletons, or zombies...

Dr.Orpheus
2011-12-31, 10:55 PM
You could just add more racial abilities instead of templates like swallow Whole with the severed heads inside the main heads doing bite attacks (I personally think the normal crawling should have this ability already). Another idea for the Absorb Head ability is after a severed head has spent a year in a Briareus the Briareus may remove it from one of its stomachs and use it to replace a head severed by a vorpal weapon its head will grow one size catigory per day until it becomes the same size as all of its other heads.

Bhu
2012-01-01, 11:46 PM
so whats the breath weapon idea you have?

Bhu
2012-01-01, 11:48 PM
so whats the breath weapon idea you have?

Dr.Orpheus
2012-01-02, 12:35 PM
The severed heads in one of the big heads if consumed will allow the large head they are inside of to breath negative energy 1d? damage per head expended.

Bhu
2012-01-05, 11:32 PM
How about a certain amount of damage with absorbing a head to give a boost? It can only hold so many heads, and if it fails to get new ones it effectively doesnt have the breath weapon.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-01-07, 12:04 PM
Sure that works I guess. Also the max head storage would be multiplied by the number of main heads, so x12.

Bhu
2012-01-09, 12:41 AM
Sure that works I guess. Also the max head storage would be multiplied by the number of main heads, so x12.

He's got more HD so he can store a lot more heads already. For the swallow whole idea: does he still get to absorb the head?

Dr.Orpheus
2012-01-09, 11:59 AM
Sure the heads in its stomach will eat all of a swallowed creature except for its head providing another head.

Bhu
2012-01-13, 02:13 AM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2757.0

you seen this?

flabort
2012-01-13, 12:27 PM
Hey, Dat's you 'gain!

I'm... freaking out (in joy) now that I see this other place where there's a fair few IMCs.

A 20 level PrC... expecting a few epic level characters :smallwink:? I think I'm going to take a level of beholder, then a few levels of multi headed. :smallamused:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-01-13, 01:11 PM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2757.0

you seen this?
That is an incredible class. 10 additional heads total limits the monster more then the multi headed template, but it has all of those cool class abilities.

Hey, Dat's you 'gain!

I'm... freaking out (in joy) now that I see this other place where there's a fair few IMCs.

A 20 level PrC... expecting a few epic level characters :smallwink:? I think I'm going to take a level of beholder, then a few levels of multi headed. :smallamused:
Imagine a multiheaded beholder mage with the multivoice feat. And then imagine that the multivoice feat allowed 1 spell per head. That could get crazy, like 11 meteor swarms crazy.

Bhu
2012-01-13, 03:34 PM
Hey, Dat's you 'gain!

That's not really me. That's Oslecamo's thread from the old bg forums, I'm just helping him move it to the new one.

Amy of those abilities you'd like me to borrow orpheus?

Dr.Orpheus
2012-01-13, 07:39 PM
Thinking Head defiantly the other abilities are nice but you ether get them automatically from the MHC template or they add to various skill checks, hp, initiative, and saves. As homebrewers we can increase these things just because and say its a racial bonus.

Bhu
2012-01-14, 01:33 AM
None of Briareus' SLA's require concentration tho i think. Unless i add some thinking head won't be too spectacular.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-01-14, 02:38 PM
Yes however the Briareus can have the original head cast a SLA, use Thinking Head to have a second head cast an SLA, and maybe a third head can if we add Multivoice the other 9 heads can all bite, breath weapon, or drink potions. We could even add Thinking Head multiple time so every head has the option to cast a SLA. The point is that it will be able to get all of its minions out with create undead in the first round and not bring them out gradually. Adding more spells would be nice though.

Bhu
2012-01-17, 01:14 AM
I added 7 levels of the evolved undead template. Hows the cr/AC look now?

Dr.Orpheus
2012-01-17, 11:34 AM
Thats a bit better. The more spell-likes are also cool.

Bhu
2012-01-19, 11:35 PM
Nother uupdate, anything else you'd like me to add?

Dr.Orpheus
2012-01-20, 07:42 PM
Seems legit for now.

flabort
2012-01-20, 11:25 PM
....:smallconfused:

:smallbiggrin::smalltongue: :smallbiggrin::smalltongue: :smallbiggrin::smalltongue: :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Multiple posts for multiple heads? :smallamused:

Bhu
2012-01-21, 04:53 AM
it's proly from teh 503 error we keep getting

Dr.Orpheus
2012-01-21, 05:22 PM
Sorry it must have happened when I lost electricity.

Bhu
2012-01-25, 02:33 AM
i have any requests open sides spiderman and venom left?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-01-25, 07:42 PM
i have any requests open sides spiderman and venom left?

Nope. I trust you. I can't wait.

Bhu
2012-01-29, 01:33 AM
who you want first?

Bhu
2012-02-04, 06:44 PM
guess we'll just pick one first

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man%27s_powers_and_equipment#Enemies.2Fpeople_immu ne_to_the_spider-sense

Spiderman
Medium Humanoid (Human)
Hit Dice: 30d8+90 (225 hp)
Initiative: +25
Speed: 185 ft. (37 squares), Climb 90 ft.
Armor Class: 39 (+17 Dex, +8 Wis, +4 Natural), touch 35, flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +22/+40
Attack: Unarmed Strike +40 melee (2d10+18)
Full Attack: 2 Unarmed Strikes +40 melee (2d10+18)
Special Attacks: Superhuman Strength, Flurry, Webbing
Special Qualities: Superhuman Endurance, Superhuman Reflexes, Gadgets, Spiderclimb, Spider Sense, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Evasion, Improved Evasion, Defensive Roll, Slippery Mind,
Saves: Fort +13, Ref +44, Will +14
Abilities: Str 47, Dex 45, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 13
Skills: Balance +17, Bluff +15, Climb +18, Computer Use +12, Concentration +16, Craft (Chemical, Electronical, Mechanical, Visual Art) +15, Disable Device +12, Drive +17, Escape Artist +17, Gather Information +15, Hide +17, Investigate +12, Jump +78, Knowledge (Current Events, Physical Sciences, Technology) +12, Listen +12, Move Silently +17, Navigate +12, Profession (Photographer, Scientist) +12, Repair +12, Research +12, Search +12, Sleight of Hand +17, Spot +12, Swim +18, Tumble +17
Feats: Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Exhausting Defense, Fleet of Foot, Goad, Improved Disarm, Lightning Reflexes, Prone Attack, Run, Acrobatic Strike (B), Brachiation (B), Combat Acrobat (B), Cunning Evasion (B), Elusive Target (B), Improved Feint (B), Improved Grapple (B), Improved Trip (B), Improved Unarmed Strike (B), Lightning Reflexes (B), Melee Evasion (B), Mobility (B), Roofwalker (B)
Environment: Urban
Challenge Rating: 30
]Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Advancement: 31+ HD (Medium)

It's Spiderman yo. Do I really need to write a bio ;)

Superhuman Strength (Ex): Spiderman is incredibly strong and effectively has both the Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple Feats. His unarmed Strikes do 2d10 plus Strength Modifier, and do lethal damage unless he pulls his punches deliberately. He automatically does his unarmed strike damage during Grapples as if he had the Constrict Ability.

Superhuman Endurance (Ex): Spiderman has a Natural AC Bonus equal to his Constitution Modifier, and heals hit points and temporary Ability damage at twice the natural rate. He takes half damage from falls at any height. He gains a +4 Resistance Bonus to Fortitude Saves with the exception of ethyl chloride which is a poison used to kill spiders.

Superhuman Reflexes (Ex): Spidermans natural reflexes and Spider Sense grant him several Bonus Feats listed above: Acrobatic Strike, Brachiation, Combat Acrobat, Cunning Evasion, Elusive Target, Improved Feint, Improved Trip, Melee Evasion, Mobility and Roofwalker.

Flurry (Ex): As a Full Attack Spiderman can flurry with his Slam attack doing 4 strikes at (highest BAB -2).

Webbing (Ex): Spiderman can use his web shooters for various purposes. He can use them to brachiate (as per the Feat) when there are tall buildings nearby (or other structures a webline can be attached to). He can also improvise small structures such as parachutes, dummies, clubs, gliders, trampolines, thick gloves, nets, bandages, slings, shields, plugs, patches, hammocks, or water tight bubbles for underwater breathing. Each webline is a Swift Action, making objects is a Swift Action if they are Tiny or smaller, a Standard Action for Small, or Full Round for Medium to Large. Weblines use 1 charge, while objects use 1 charge for Tiny or Smaller objects, 2 for Medium, of 4 for Large. By expending one charge he can attack an opponent and attempt to entangle them as a Standard Action. This attack has a maximum range of 120', and a Range Increment of 12'. Opponents can escape with a DC 29 Escape Artist Check or a DC 34 Strength Check. The webbing has 6 hp and Hardness 5 per 5' area. Spiderman can pile on in subsequent rounds increasing the Check DC's by +2 per round, the hit points by 6, and the Hardness by 1. Save DC is (10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus a +4 Racial Bonus for the Escape Artist DC and a +9 for the Strength Check). He can also web a 5' square as a Swift Action for 1 charge. Any opponent moving through has to make a DC 34 Strength Check to leave the square if they touch the webbing within 1 minute. The Save DC's of the webbing drop by -2 each hour as it disintegrates. It also loses 2 hp and 1 Hardness. By expending one charge as a Standard Action Spiderman can make a ranged Disarm attack by webbing a ranged weapon to his opponents hand making it unusable. Range is same for the more conventional webbing attack. Each shooter has 50 charges, and switching cartridges is a Move Action.

Gadgets: Spiderman has several gadgets on hs utility belt including extra web cartridges, a uv flashlight, and a camera. He also has his Spider Tracers, small radio transmitters he can tune into with his spider sense. So long as they are within 20 miles he knows their exact location, and smart opponents have been able to rig them to interfere with his spider sense.

Spider Climb (Ex): Spiderman permanently has the effects of a Spider Climb spell upon his person (except his Climb Speed is the one listed above). It requires a Strength Check to pull him from a wall if he does not willingly wish to let go. This ability only works though thin cloth, and he may use it on any portion of his body thereby 'holding' items without belts by simply attaching them to himself. He can maintain equilibrium on any surface in any position, even when hanging from ceilings.

Spider Sense (Ex): Spiderman has a sort of mild precognition. It manifests as Blindsight 60', and is detailed enough he can tell how many fingers someone in the room is holding up even while physically blind. It also gives him a Bonus equal to twice his Wisdom Modifier on his Armor Class, Reflex Saves, and Initiative Checks. He may also use it to tune into some radio frequencies and may be able to overhear conversations on them. He must make a DC 30 Fortitude Save in the event of a sudden dire threat (end of the world/universe type stuff) or be Stunned 1 round from the pain. This ability even functions when he is asleep, and he has no penalties to sense potential attackers when unconscious. He also knows when he is the subject of a Divination spell even if he has failed the Save against it since he knows he is being observed (though not necessarily by who). He gains a Bonus equal to his Wisdom Score on Spot Checks to see through Disguise attempts or to detect whether or not someone has a weapon hidden on their person. If he becomes Exhausted the Bonuses from this Ability are halved until he gains rest.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability listed on page 50 of the PHB.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability listed on page 50 of the PHB.

Evasion (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability listed on page 50 of the PHB.

Improved Evasion (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability listed on page 51 of the PHB.

Defensive Roll (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability listed on page 51 of the PHB.

Slippery Mind (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability listed on page 50 of the PHB.

Skills: Spiderman can always Take 10 on Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Jump, and Tumble Checks. He takes no penalty on Balance, Jump or Tumble Checks due to speed, and does not become Flat-Footed while making a Balance Check. Spiderman's maximum Jump height is not limited by his Size Class. Spiderman gains a +60 Racial Bonus to all Jump Check's.

Combat: Spiderman prefers to bring opponents in alive so he prefers to use non-lethal damage in conjunction with his webs. He knows some minor martial arts but most of his fighting ability comes from his powers.

Feats not in PHB may be found here:

PHB II: Acrobatic Strike, Combat Acrobat, Cunning Evasion, Melee Evasion
Cityscape: Roofwalker
Complete Adventurer: Brachiation, Goad
Complete Warrior: Elusive Target, Fleet of Foot, Prone Attack
Dragon Magazine #345

Bhu
2012-02-09, 08:47 PM
minor update

any objections so far?

flabort
2012-02-11, 05:38 PM
now for the 'what alignment is psidey argument'

Well, "Good", for sure. Whether he's Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic, though... I can see lawful, because he insists on responsibility. I can see Chaotic, because he gets in trouble with the law; Often. But they balance out petty well, so I'd say he's Neutral Good.

Bhu
2012-02-16, 08:12 PM
spidey update, should i give him Taunt maybe?

Bhu
2012-02-21, 09:44 PM
Okay I can't find this anywhere, but can spidey actually run any faster than a normal human being?

Milo v3
2012-02-21, 09:49 PM
Okay I can't find this anywhere, but can spidey actually run any faster than a normal human being?

Here is a section of the Spiderman Abilities and Equipment wikipedia page:

Spider-Man can leap several stories vertically or the width of a city street. While his running speed has never been definitely established, he can run at superhuman speed for short sprints and has been shown to be easily capable of overtaking fast-moving cars, but nearly always prefers using his weblines to travel

Bhu
2012-02-27, 10:58 PM
added feats and move and finished skills

I expect some of u are curious bout the movement...

Bhu
2012-02-29, 10:16 PM
big spidey update

Bhu
2012-03-06, 09:31 PM
webbing is up. any comments or objections? Anyone know how many charges there should be ?

The Mentalist
2012-03-06, 09:36 PM
For the ease of use, I'd make the webbing unlimited or else we get distracted counting shots.

I have one question though? Is spidey really that badass? I mean holy crap. This guy would beat out several stattings of Superman I've seen. (and on that note I am inspired to start statting out Superheroes... MWAH HA HA!!!)

Bhu
2012-03-06, 09:41 PM
I may actually be erring on the side of caution. Peek at the link at teh top of the stat block

The Mentalist
2012-03-06, 09:56 PM
Maybe it's just odd seeing it all in numbers like that and it's you're design so do what you will but I've always imagined the comics world as an E6 with exceptions sort of thing. Spidey may be 12 HD with a 30ish dex and strength.

The big nerd out point of contention I have with it is are you really meaning to tell me that Spidey climbs walls at 3x the normal movement speed? He climbs walls faster than Deities and Demigods (woefully understatted) gods move...

(The other possibility as to why this seems huge is my experience with Marvel RPG)

Bhu
2012-03-06, 10:11 PM
He's able to run and keep pace with a car according to the list of his abilities. The slowest car speed land move was 185. I cut that down for climbing. He can lift/press 10 tons i think, I actually did the math to figure out what his exact Str score was. His reflexes and agility are supposed to be 15 times human normal. He really is that powerful.

The Mentalist
2012-03-06, 10:13 PM
Makes a bit more sense now.

Great work as usual Bhu.

(Now off to my Fortress of Solitude to work on my own projects)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-07, 11:10 PM
I just wanted to say that this is awesome, and that I am keeping up.

Bhu
2012-03-14, 09:19 PM
anything im missing from spidey besides cr?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-14, 09:24 PM
anything im missing from spidey besides cr?

No. Looks good.

Debihuman
2012-03-15, 05:47 AM
Spiderman
Medium Humanoid (Human)
Feats: Brachiation, Combat Acrobat, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Exhausting Defense, Fleet of Foot, Goad, Lightning Reflexes, Prone Attack, Acrobatic Strike (B), Cunning Evasion (B), Elusive Target (B), Improved Disarm (B), Improved Feint (B), Improved Trip (B), Melee Evasion (B), Mobility (B), Roofwalker (B), Run (B)

His Human subtype is missing.

Where do these bonus feats come from? One is a bonus feat for being Human. He is also missing a regular feat. I think you should attribute these bonus feats to his special abilities.

Debby

rweird
2012-03-15, 03:20 PM
Two things.
1). How many charges does spider man's Webbing have?

2). He should have +138 to jump. (+18 Strength, +60 racial, +60 from speed)

Bhu
2012-03-15, 09:30 PM
Two things.
1). How many charges does spider man's Webbing have?

2). He should have +138 to jump. (+18 Strength, +60 racial, +60 from speed)

He takes no Jump penalties to speed so he can do them standing. He'll only need the speed bonus if he's actually moving.

I'm open to thoughts on how many charges he should have I can't find a definitive answer

His Human subtype is missing.

Where do these bonus feats come from? One is a bonus feat for being Human. He is also missing a regular feat. I think you should attribute these bonus feats to his special abilities.

Debby

done

The Mentalist
2012-03-16, 06:06 AM
I'd personally say go the way of modern canon (films and more recent comics) and give him infinite web, if only to prevent book keeping on it. Make it degrade in a few hours though so we don't have dangling trails of web through Tippyverse New York.

(For people who read more mainstream comics, that is how his web works these days yes?)

Another option (older one) is to give him a pair of items (something like wand gauntlets) that give him 50 charges each of web and can be reloaded as a move equivalent action.

If I recall correctly those are the two ways his webbing have been dealt with throughout the series.

rweird
2012-03-16, 06:13 AM
I think the webbing falling apart in a few hours is better.

Milo v3
2012-03-16, 06:19 AM
I'd personally say go the way of modern canon (films and more recent comics) and give him infinite web, if only to prevent book keeping on it. Make it degrade in a few hours though so we don't have dangling trails of web through Tippyverse New York.

(For people who read more mainstream comics, that is how his web works these days yes?)

Another option (older one) is to give him a pair of items (something like wand gauntlets) that give him 50 charges each of web and can be reloaded as a move equivalent action.

If I recall correctly those are the two ways his webbing have been dealt with throughout the series.

In the comics he only has Organic Web (Aka infinite charges) in The Other series, then he went back to the cartriges (Aka finite charges) after Brand New Day. So he is currently using cartriges.

Also thank you Bhu for another great work.

Debihuman
2012-03-16, 07:10 AM
Flurry should really be Flurry of Blows: As monk but only applies to unarmed attacks.

Spider Sense doesn't really match his abilities. He loses his spider sense when Fatigued. It shouldn't work when he's asleep either. "Spider-Man can choose to ignore his spider-sense, and distraction or fatigue can force unawareness." He should have a circumstance bonus to AC, Reflex saves and Initiative checks and a competence bonus to his Wisdom score on Spot checks. Also, is his ability to overhear communications via radio should note how much of a chance of success he has with this (or change the wording to note it works all the time).

Spider Sense (Ex): Spiderman has a sort of mild precognition. It manifests as Blindsight 60 feet, and is detailed enough he can tell how many fingers someone in the room is holding up, even while he is blinded. It also gives him a circumstance bonus equal to twice his Wisdom Modifier on his Armor Class, Reflex Saves, and Initiative Checks. He may also use it to tune into some radio frequencies and may be able to overhear conversations on them needs a game mechanic. He must make a DC 30 Fortitude Save in the event of a sudden, dire, world altering threat, or be Stunned 1 round from the pain. He also knows when he is the subject of a Divination spell even if he has failed the Save against it since he knows he is being observed (though not necessarily by whom). He gains a competence bonus equal to his Wisdom Score on Spot Checks to see through Disguise attempts or to detect whether or not someone has a weapon hidden on his or her person. If Spiderman becomes Fatigued, the bonuses from this ability are halved until he gains rest. This ability does not function when he is Exhausted. However, this ability works even when Spiderman is asleep or stunned.

Debby

Edited for corrections. Note that that in D&D, fatigue is a milder condition than exhausted. I've changed the ability to match the conditions. I think it works a bit better

Milo v3
2012-03-16, 07:16 AM
Spider Sense doesn't really match his abilities. He loses his spider sense when Fatigued. It shouldn't work when he's asleep either. "Spider-Man can choose to ignore his spider-sense, and distraction or fatigue can force unawareness." He should have a circumstance bonus to AC, Reflex saves and Initiative checks and a competence bonus to his Wisdom score on Spot checks.

*Snip*

Debby

Spider man does actually lose his spider sense when fatigued because he is less focused.

As for sleeping, read this quote from the Spidey Sense section of the Spiderman powers and abilities wikipedia page.

His spider-sense is sufficiently well-linked to his reflexes, even before "The Other" storyline, that a threat can trigger them even when Spider-Man is asleep or stunned

Debihuman
2012-03-16, 07:50 AM
Spider man does actually lose his spider sense when fatigued because he is less focused.

As for sleeping, read this quote from the Spidey Sense section of the Spiderman powers and abilities wikipedia page.

I stand corrected. :-) I've edited the above spider sense to reflect the correction. Thanks.

Debby

Milo v3
2012-03-16, 07:56 AM
I stand corrected. :-) I've edited the above spider sense to reflect the correction. Thanks.

Debby

Your welcome. But I'm just your friendly neighborhood know-it-all. :smalltongue:

Debihuman
2012-03-16, 08:04 AM
We need more know-it-alls on this forum. It makes for better homebrews. So did I do okay with the new revised edits? Updated it again to reflect the game mechanics.

Bhu, Spiderman is still short one regular feat. You also forgot to add his bonus feats from Superhuman Strength (Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple) in his list of feats. . I think you really need to revise the feat list. what books are these bonus feats from? I don't even know what they do!

Feats: Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Exhausting Defense, Fleet of Foot, Goad, Improved Disarm, Lightning Reflexes, Prone Attack, Run

He still needs his Human bonus feat.

Bonus Feats from Superhuman Strength: Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple

Bonus Feats from Superhuman Reflexes: Acrobatic Strike, Brachiation, Combat Acrobat, Cunning Evasion, Elusive Target, Improved Feint, Improved Trip, Melee Evasion, Mobility and Roofwalker. That is more than "several" bonus feats if you ask me.

And you should add Superhuman Reflexes to Special Qualities (which should be in alphabetical order).

Debby

Bhu
2012-03-18, 09:45 PM
will revise shortly i cant seem to get past the 500 errors tonight without a lot of problems

Dr.Orpheus
2012-03-19, 09:15 PM
I must request you make a mosquito. Not a dire one just a regular one. Now before you criticize my lack of creativity I do plan to use it to make a weremosquito rouge.

The Mentalist
2012-03-19, 09:33 PM
I must request you make a mosquito. Not a dire one just a regular one. Now before you criticize my lack of creativity I do plan to use it to make a weremosquito rouge.

You would need a Dire Mosquito, the animal has to be within 1 size category of the base creature (So you're either already fine and don't need it) or your DM is very permissive.

On the other hand, doing 10d6 sneak attack with a mosquito sting would be EPIC! (I now must make races that transform into normal sized insects.)

flabort
2012-03-28, 02:45 PM
You would need a Dire Mosquito, the animal has to be within 1 size category of the base creature (So you're either already fine and don't need it) or your DM is very permissive.

On the other hand, doing 10d6 sneak attack with a mosquito sting would be EPIC! (I now must make races that transform into normal sized insects.)

If his race is diminutive, he can still become a fine mosquito. Possibly a templated small or tiny race could do it.

Also, due to the were-X templates having LA, yes, 10d6 sneak attack on even a 1/4HD critter would have to be epic.

The Mentalist
2012-03-28, 02:48 PM
If his race is diminutive, he can still become a fine mosquito. Possibly a templated small or tiny race could do it.

Valid point that I forgot to come back and edit in.

Also, due to the were-X templates having LA, yes, 10d6 sneak attack on even a 1/4HD critter would have to be epic.

It's entirely possible to get 10d6 sneak attack pre-epic.

Rogue+Sneak Attack fighter variant in UA, + one of half a dozen other things.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-03-28, 03:43 PM

Or I could just be an awakened mosquito with class levels.

Bhu
2012-03-29, 03:53 PM
spidey updated

CR 30 seeem fair?

you want a single mosquito or a swarm?

Bhu
2012-03-29, 03:58 PM
The Mosquito
Fine Vermin
Hit Dice: 1/2d8 (2 hp)
Initiative: +8
Armor Class: 26 (+8 Size, +5 Dex, +3 Wis), touch 26, flat-footed 21
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-21
Attack: Proboscis +5 melee touch (see below)
Full Attack: Proboscis +5 melee touch (see below)
Special Attacks: Proboscis, Disease, Blood Drain
Special Qualities: Improved Scent, Immunities, Early Warning System, Stubbornness
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +3
Abilities: Str -, Dex 20, Con 10, Int -, Wis 16, Cha 2
Skills: Hide +13, Listen +5, Move Silently +5, Spot +5
Feats: Alertness
Environment: Any non aquatic
Alignment: Neutral Evil

The Mosquito is an ever present hazard in the local marsh. One in particular seems bloody well invulnerable, always returning after being swatted. It appears to be a dark red mosquito with no other unusual features. Some people think he is the result of a divine curse upon the area.

Proboscis (Ex): If the Mosquito succeeds with an Opposed Move Silently vs Listen Check it may stab it's victim with it's proboscis. Not only is the victim considered Flat-Footed, they do not know the proboscis attack has happened. Once it is successful it maintains the proboscis as it is now attached to the victim. It must make an opposed Hide vs Spot CHeck each round it wishes to remain attached.

Disease (Ex): Any opponent the Mosquito successfully hits with it's Proboscis Attack must make an appropriate Fortitude Save or contract one of the following diseases: Encephalitis, West Nile, Malaria, Dengue Fever, Yellow Fever, or Rift Valley Fever.

Blood Drain (Ex): If the Mosquito can maintain it's Proboscis Attack for 4 rounds it's opponent takes 1 point of temporary Strength damage.

Improved Scent (Ex): Similar to the normal Scent Ability, but you can detect blood at a range of up to 1 mile.

Immunities (Ex): Mosquitoes are immune to non magical diseases.

Early Warning System (Ex): The Mosquito gets a Bonus to it's Initiative rolls, Reflex Saves, and AC equal to it's Wisdom Modifier.

Stubbornness (Ex): If destroyed the Mosquito reappears 2d4 days later. To rid the world of it would require divine intervention such as a Miracle or Wish spell.

Combat: The Mosquito doesn't fight so much as steal blood and flee.

{table]Disease|Type|Incubation Period|Initial Damage|Secondary Damage
Dengue Fever|Injury DC 12|1d3+3 days|1 Str|1d3 Str and 1d3 Con
Encephalitis|Any* DC 13|1d4 days|1 Dex and 1 Wis|1d3 Dex and 1d3 Wis
Malaria|Injury DC 14|2d6+6 days|1 Con|1d4 Con
Rift Valley Fever|Any* DC 13|2d3 days|1 Str|1d3 Str
Yellow Fever|Injury DC 15|1d4+2 days|1 Con|1d4 Con
[/table]

* Can be Inhaled, Ingested, Injury, or Contact

Dr.Orpheus
2012-03-29, 05:42 PM
you want a single mosquito or a swarm?

Just a signal mosquito.

Milo v3
2012-03-29, 06:56 PM
After the mosquito would it be possible for you to make a creature I call Ourboros. It the result of spliting a soul into too many pieces. It should be colossal and have a few soul based abilities.

Bhu
2012-03-29, 09:59 PM
sure but once i get these two out i gotta do venom (i did promise)

Milo v3
2012-03-29, 10:22 PM
sure but once i get these two out i gotta do venom (i did promise)

Thanks fine. No rush.

Bhu
2012-04-09, 09:59 PM
Other than scent and spreading disease anyone know what abilities mosquitoes have?

Milo v3
2012-04-09, 10:15 PM
Other than scent and spreading disease anyone know what abilities mosquitoes have?

They can see in infra-red and they will try to never cross light with too much infra-red in it (Like sunlight). So they are kind of like Vampires....

Dr.Orpheus
2012-04-10, 01:10 PM
They would be crazy dodgy and able to bite you without you noticing for 0 damage but still spread disease. Like the opposite of size C+ it should be F-

rweird
2012-04-10, 03:51 PM
I disagree, the example for fine is a fly, mosquitoes aren't really any smaller.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-04-10, 08:49 PM
Ya I guess they are about the same size, but mosquitoes are thinner although that is not a very big difference.

Bhu
2012-04-26, 09:00 PM
http://kestalusrealm.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/aye_of_the_beholder.jpg?w=468&h=468

Fractal Beholder
Large Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful, Incorporeal)
Hit Dice: 13d8+39 (97 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: Fly 60 ft. (12 squares), Perfect
Armor Class: 26 (-1 Size, +4 Dex, +13 Deflection), touch 26, flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/-
Attack: Eye Rays +12 Ranged Touch (effect varies)
Full Attack: Eye Rays +12 Ranged Touch (effect varies)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Eye Rays
Special Qualities: All-Around Vision, Darkvision 120', Flight, Incorporeal traits, Immunities, Spell Resistance 20, Energy Resistance 10 (Cold, Electricity, Sonic), Splitting
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +13
Abilities: Str -, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 15
Skills: Concentration +17, Hide +14, Knowledge (Arcana, The Planes) +18, Listen +18, Search +22, Spot +22
Feats: Alertness, Flyby Attack, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Iron Will
Environment: The Far Realms
Challenge Rating: 12
Alignment: Varies considerably, but never Good
Advancement: 14-26 HD (Large)

Could this day get much worse?"

Factal Beholders are horrifying mutations from the Far Realms. How they have entered into their present insubstantial state, and what they desire is unknown. Beholder scholars believe they are the result of their species attempt to communicate with a being in the Far Realms that was lost. They do not communicate in any way since coming back, and many species normally considered enemies have allied to do something about them.

Eye Rays (Su): Each of a Fractal Beholders 10 eye rays resembles a spell cast by a 12th Level Caster. They have a range of 150', and require a DC 18 Saving Throw if they successfully hit (Save DC is Charisma Based). They may affect corporeal and incorporeal targets.

Eye 1: This is the central eye. Instead of a ray the Fractal Beholder may use it to cast Effulgent Epuration 5/day.

Eye 2: This is the top eye. Instead of a ray it may cast Sphere of Ultimate Destruction every 1d4+1 rounds.

Eye 3: Target is affected as if an Otiluke's Telekinetic Sphere Spell were cast on him.

Eye 4: Target must make a Fortitude Save or be affected as if a Avasculate Spell were cast on him.

Eye 5: Target is affected as if a Ruby Ray of Reversal Spell were cast on him.

Eye 6: Target must make a Reflex Save or be affected as if a Otiluke's Freezing Sphere Spell were cast on him.

Eye 7: Target must make a Fortitude Save or be affected as if a Orb of Electricity Spell were cast on him.

Eye 8: Target must make a Fortitude Save or be affected as if a Orb of Fire Spell were cast on him.

Eye 9: Target must make a Fortitude Save or be affected as if a Orb of Force Spell were cast on him.

Eye 10: Target must make a Fortitude Save or be affected as if a Orb of Sound Spell were cast on him.

Immunities: Fractal Beholders are immune to critical hits, petrification, polymorph, poison, paralysis, sleep effects, fatigue/exhaustion, stunning, and nonlethal damage. It must still make a Save against any effect that would cause it to split to see if that occurs.

Splitting (Su): When a Fractal Beholder fails a Saving throw against any Spell or similar effect that would cause it's death, petrification, polymorph, or similar status that would immediately remove it from the fight it splits into two Fractal Beholders, each with half of the hit points of the original. One of the two suffers the effects of the failed Save while the other does not. Fractal Beholders with less than 10 hit points lose this ability and cannot be divided further.

Combat: Fractal Beholders prefer to unload with the artillery from a distance. Particularly if their opponents are mages or other casters due to their splitting abilities.

Bhu
2012-04-26, 09:01 PM
http://www.scrignodicarter.it/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=326

Beholder, Pirate
Large Aberration
Hit Dice: 11d8+44 (93 hp)
Armor Class: 27 (-1 Size, +2 Dex, +16 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 25
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+16
Attack: Eye Rays +9 Ranged Touch (varies) and 1 Bite +11 melee (2d4+4)
Full Attack: Eye Rays +9 Ranged Touch (varies) and 1 Bite +11 melee (2d4+4) and 1 Hook +6 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Eye Rays, Pirate
Special Qualities: All-Around Vision, Darkvision 120', Flight
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +11
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 15, Con 18, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 12
Skills: Intimidate +12, Knowledge (Arcana, Geography) +14, Listen +12, Search +14, Spot +13, Survival +12
Feats: Flyby Attack, Great Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Iron Will
Organization: Solitary or Party (5-10)
Challenge Rating:
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Advancement: 12

Beholder Pirates are odd mutations, descendants of outcasts from the Beholder Kingdoms that have taken to robbery to survive. Born blind in their Antimagic central eye, and with a withered extra eyestalk to which a prosthesis is usually attached, they do not have some of the raw power their other cousins do. Most have been reduced to raiding passers by in lonely areas to eke out an existence while avoiding the gaze of their more numerous cousins.

Eye Rays (Su): Each of a Beholder Pirates 10 eye rays resembles a spell cast by a 13th Level caster with a range of 150' and a Save DC of 16 (Save DC is Charisma based). Most are ranged touch attacks with the following effects:

Eye 1: Beckon Person (see Tome of Magic)

Eye 2: Power Word Fatigue (see Races of the Dragon)

Eye 3: Curse of Impending Blades (see Miniatures Handbook)

Eye 4: Pain (see Complete Arcane, Fortitude partial)

Eye 5: Rapture of the Deep (see Stormwrack, Will negates)

Eye 6: Phantasmal Killer (Wills Save, PHB)

Eye 7: Telekinesis (Will Save, PHB)

Eye 8: Disintegrate (Fortitude partial, PHB)

Eye 9: Flesh to Salt (see Sandstorm, Fortitude partial)

Eye 10: Greater Harm (see Heroes of Horror, Will Save for half)

Pirate: If an opponent is denied his Dexterity Bonus to AC or is Flat-footed, the Beholder Pirates Eye Rays increases their Save DC by +2, and it's physical attacks do +1d6 damage (this second part is identical to the Sneak Attack ability on page 50 of the PHB).

Combat: Pirate Beholders blast away from ambush, hiding and sniping away till their rays work before moving in for the kill.

Bhu
2012-04-26, 09:09 PM
mosquito updated. does d20 modern have offical stats for those diseases?

rweird
2012-04-27, 08:44 AM
The Fractal Beholder's Eye Rays should be +16 ranged touch because outsiders give full BAB and it has a Dex of 18.

Immunities: Fractal Beholders are immune to critical hits, petrification, polymorph, poison, paralysis, sleep effects, fatigue/exhaustion, stunning, and nonlethal damage.

Splitting (Su): When a Fractal Beholder fails a Saving throw against any Spell or similar effect that would cause it's death, petrification, polymorph, or similar status that would immediately remove it from the fight it splits into two Fractal Beholders, each with half of the hit points of the original. One of the two suffers the effects of the failed Save while the other does not. Fractal Beholders with less than 10 hit points lose this ability and cannot be divided further.

How do the bolded sections interact with each other?

Dr.Orpheus
2012-04-27, 09:31 AM
mosquito updated. does d20 modern have offical stats for those diseases?

I'm not sure, but good work so far.

Bhu
2012-05-07, 08:39 PM
ok how does the mosquito look?

Dr.Orpheus
2012-05-08, 01:51 AM
It looks great except for a lack of description on the diseases, but I can discuss them with my DM.

Bhu
2012-05-08, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure all of them are statted up for dnd, so I'll be doing them shortly after a search

Bhu
2012-05-14, 10:27 PM
added diseases to the mosquito

fractal beholder updated

Bhu
2012-05-31, 05:46 PM
okay Milo I need details on this ouroboros thingie

Dr.Orpheus
2012-06-04, 10:46 PM
Ah the diseases are cool, thanks.

Bhu
2012-06-13, 08:53 PM
sorry it too kso long Doc :smallfrown: Life has sucked of late

Ouroboros
Colossal Aberration
Hit Dice: 40d8+440 (620 hp)
Initiative: +16
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), Swim 30 ft., Burrow 30 ft.
Armor Class: 40 (-8 Size, +8 Dex, +30 Deflection), touch 40, flat-footed 32
Base Attack/Grapple: +30/+60
Attack: Bite +37 melee (4d6+14/19-20 plus 2d6 Charisma Drain)
Full Attack: Bite +37 melee (4d6+14/19-20 plus 2d6 Charisma Drain)
Space/Reach: 30 ft./20 ft.
Special Attacks: Soul Bite, Aberrant Power, Ghost Touch
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', SR 39, DR 10/Epic, Immunities, Soul Vision, Fast Healing 20, Energy Resistance 10 (Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Sonic)
Saves: Fort +24, Ref +25, Will +29
Abilities: Str 38, Dex 27, Con 32, Int 4, Wis 24, Cha 30
Skills: Balance +14, Climb +20, Hide +0, Listen +13, Move Silently +14, Spot +13, Swim +20
Feats: Blinding Speed, Cleave, Devastating Critical (Bite), Epic Reflexes, Great Cleave, Improved Critical (Bite), Improved initiative, Improved Snatch, Multisnatch, Overwhelming Critical (Bite), Power Attack, Snatch, Superior Initiative, Weapon Focus (Bite)
Challenge Rating: 20
Advancement: 41+ HD (Colossal)

The Ouroboros, as it is called, is one of the most rare and unusual sights upon the Material Plane. There have only been two sightings in history, during each of which this beast had slaughtered thousands.

It appears as a colossal serpent with glistening metallic green flesh. It is believed amongst the learned arcanists that the Ouroboros have some connection to essence as they are eternally linked to the soul of a single mortal.

How is unknown except by two mortals. This bond is formed because of a shattering of a beings soul into tiny shards. This disconnection to the other souls causes the shard to try to regain connection, through violet means and the death of its "host". Why the other shards do not gain this same power is not well understood, and powerful, perhaps even divine, magic is assumed responsible.

Soul Bite (Su): The bite of an Ouroboros does 2d6 Charisma Drain.

Aberrant Power (Sp): The Ouroboros may use the following spells as Spell-Like Abilities:

3/day: Aura of Terror, Mass Inflict Moderate Wounds, Spiritwall

1/Day: Greater Consumptive Field, Mass Inflict Critical Wounds, Retributive Enervation

Ghost Touch (Ex): The Ouroboros can affect Incorporeal beings as though they were solid.

Immunities (Ex): Ouroboros are immune to death effects, energy drain and other negative energy effects, effects that trap the soul (Binding, Magic Jar, Trap the Soul, etc), poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, ability damage or drain, non lethal damage, fatigue and exhaustion effects, and may not be Raised or Resurrected.

Soul Vision (Su): The Ourorboros permanently has the benefits of a Death Watch spell on it's person. It may sense Living beings or incorporeal Undead with an Intelligence Score, and they gain no benefit from Concealment. It automatically knows the mortal it is bound too if it sees him/her.

Combat: Ouroboros are beasts in mindset and as such don't use tactics. They destroy without thought, seeking their target.

Though they will stop this rampage if their goal is realized, and they slay the mortal they are bound to.

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-06-15, 08:10 AM
These are wonderful! :)

If you ever get the chance, it would be awesome to have a Wombat of Doom creature design. :smallbiggrin:

Bhu
2012-06-15, 10:52 AM
as in your avatar or just a really pissed off wombat?

rweird
2012-06-15, 11:01 AM
I'm not sure if you noticed but I requested The Walrus from the Beetles song 'I am the Walrus' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_the_Walrus), you may have noticed but just didn't do it yet though I'm not sure, yo didn't respond to that, though you did to the rest of my post.

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-06-15, 11:09 AM
as in your avatar or just a really pissed off wombat?

It's basically a wombat of epic porportions. Doesn't realize it's size may cause huge amounts of damage. Has been known to lay down to sleep and crush homes acidentally.

Bhu
2012-06-15, 02:23 PM
Wombat of Doom
Colossal Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 48d10+576 (840 hp)
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), Burrow 40 ft.
Armor Class: 32 (-8 Size, +30 Natural), touch 2, flat-footed 32
Base Attack/Grapple: +48/+84
Attack: Claw +85 melee (5d10+20)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +85 melee (5d10+20) and 1 Bite +79 melee (4d12+10)
Space/Reach: 30 ft./20 ft.
Special Attacks: Tunnel Fighting, Trample (6d6+30), Squish
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', Armored Butt, Speed Burst, Deceptively Cute, DR 15/Epic, SR 32, Energy Resistance 15 (Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Sonic)
Saves: Fort +38, Ref +26, Will +17
Abilities: Str 50, Dex 10, Con 35, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 16
Skills: Climb +26, Hide -10, Intimidate +3, Listen +7, Move Silently+6, Search +2, Spot +7, Survival +7, Swim +26
Feats: Awesome Blow, Cleave, Cometary Collision, Devastating Critical (Claws), Dire Charge, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (Claws), Improved Initiative, Improved Overrun, Large and in Charge, Overwhelming Critical (Claws), Power Attack, Power Critical (Claws), Shock Trooper, Tunnel Fighting, Weapon Focus (Critical)
Environment: Warm Plains and Forest
Organization: Solitary or Colony (4-8)
Challenge Rating: 19
Advancement: 49+ HD (Colossal)

Little is known about the Wombat of Doom beyond it's clumsiness, voracious appetite, and legendary cudliness. Many an opponent has fallen against the Wombat by failing to grasp just exactly how dangerous it truly was. It is necessary to drive him away however as he can devastate croplands if left alone. He doesn't mean harm, but his apparent indestructability rivals that of the Tarrasque (well almost). Some part of it is that opponents staring into his huge blank eyes just can't bring themselves to really hurt him.

Tunnel Fighting (Ex): The Wombat's penalties for fighting in restricted spaces (see Underdark page 112) are lowered by an additional -2.

Trample (Ex): DC 54 Reflex Save, Save DC is Str based.

Squish (Ex): The Wombat of Doom is notoriously fumbly. Anytime an opponent requires it to make a Reflex Save it falls over. If the opponent is within melee the Wombat falls on him. If he is at range everything on adjacent squares to 1 side of the Wombat (roll 1d6, even it falls left, odd it falls right). Victims the Wombat falls on take 10d6+30 damage.

Armored Butt (Ex): Wombats have thick smooth hide on their behinds to prevent predators from pulling them from burrows. The Wombat of Doom's DR increases to 30/Epic against attacks from the rear.

Speed Burst (Ex): If scared, or it wishes to leave, once per hour the Wombat may move up to ten times it's base Land Speed for 1 full round as long as it takes the Run action.

Deceptively Cute (Ex): The Wombat is unusually dumb and cuddly looking. If he fails an Intimidate Check against an opponent that opponent gains a -2 Penalty to AC until he takes damage from an attack the Wombat makes.

Combat: The Wombat isn't a predator and doesn't much initiate Combat unless scared or surprised. He is notoriously stubborn though and will not give up a good food patch once he has found it.

Bhu
2012-06-15, 02:26 PM
The Walrus
Medium Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 10d8+20 (65 hp)
Initiative: -1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), Swim 30 ft.
Armor Class: 17 (-1 Dex, +8 Natural), touch 9, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+13
Attack: Tusk +12 melee (1d6+3)
Full Attack: Tusk +12 melee (1d6+3)
Special Attacks: Goo Goo G'joob, Come and walk with us, Veteran
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', I am the Walrus
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +10
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 8, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 18
Skills: Bluff +13, Concentration +9, Diplomacy +13, Gather Information +11, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (Local, Nature) +9, Listen +9, Sense Motive +12, Survival +9, Swim +17
Feats: Improved Diversion, Negotiator, Persuasive, Wanderer's Diplomacy
Environment: Warm Aquatic
Challenge Rating: 5
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Level Adjustment: +3

"O Oysters, come and walk with us!"

The Walrus is an enigmatic figure, with an apparent penchant for devouring the innocent and gullible. He has appeared virtually incapable of telling the truth and many believe he may be a serial killer. And by many we mostly mean oysters. He has a fondness for them.

Goo Goo G'joob (Su): Once every 1d4 rounds the Walrus may speak gibberish as a Standard Action. All Opponents within 30' must make a DC 19 Willpower Save (Save DC is Charisma based) or be Confused for 1d6 rounds as per the spell. This is a Sonic Mind-Affecting effect.

Come and walk with us (Su): The Walrus may cast the following as Supernatural Abilities 3/day: Advice (see Oriental Adventures), Enthrall, Mass Charm Monster .

I am the Walrus (Su): Knowledge checks made against you (unless it happens to be Knowledge: The Walrus) automatically fail to provide any useful information. Bardic Knowledge type checks are now at -8. People just seem to invent total gibberish about you.

Veteran (Ex): Years of experience mean the Walrus no longer takes the usual penalties to attack and damage rolls underwater.

Combat: The Walrus usually attempts to lure victims into terrain inhospitable to them, or somehow get them at some form of disadvantage.

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-06-15, 10:56 PM
:) Let me know if you want anymore details!

Bhu
2012-06-22, 11:35 PM
Milo: PM me with some abilities you want for the ouroboros

Wombat: Does it look okay so far?

rweird: There's not much on the walrus what do you want him to be able to do?

rweird
2012-06-23, 06:33 AM
Use a sonic attack called 'goo goo g'joob,' other than that pretty much hits people with its tusks, maybe using some bard abilities. Maybe perform (Sing) helps it use 'goo goo g'joob' or something.

Bhu
2012-06-23, 11:07 PM
I've made minor adjustments to all the critters let me know what you guys think.

Milo v3
2012-06-23, 11:14 PM
Looks good so far, but shouldn't Aberrant Power be infront of Soul Bite?

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-06-24, 12:40 PM
Milo: PM me with some abilities you want for the ouroboros

Wombat: Does it look okay so far?

rweird: There's not much on the walrus what do you want him to be able to do?

Looking great! Armored butt looks interesting. An interesting note is wombats poop cubes. That's right folks, they're rubix poopers. I don't know how that would fit in, but its a random dish of information for your nonsense olfactories. I'm excited to see more. Note: I now have a picture of one in my avatar, but doom wombats actually did exist in prehistoric times. They are about the size you set them at i think too.

Maybe you could have the walrus be good at hiding or changing form, since there were a TON of theories on what the walrus was, some even thinking paul died. "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

Perhaps he could also be able to charm with his bardic powers.

rweird
2012-06-24, 09:16 PM
Yes, maybe some sort of power like OMG Bigfoot is an Alien! (Cryptid PrC), excepts if you make a knowledge anything but (local?) you get information about it that is completely wrong and makes it harder to fight, though that would require giving it some sort of immunity or something. Nice idea TheWombatOfDoom. Maybe Modify Memory as a SLA to keep itself shrouded in mystery.

Bhu
2012-06-25, 12:20 AM
i thought the walrus was from lewis carrol?

rweird
2012-06-25, 06:10 AM
That is how the Beetles got the idea for this song.

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-06-25, 01:30 PM
There could be a plethora of beatles inspired creatures:

Nowhere man
Blue Meanies (or any of the yellow submarine creatures)
LITSWD (lucy in the sky with diamonds) ((illusion based))
Mean Mr. Mustard
The Sun
Maxwell

Not that I'm requesting any of them. But it might be a fun mini project.

Bhu
2012-06-27, 11:13 PM
minor updates to all 3 critters, lemme know your thoughts

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-06-28, 06:24 AM
minor updates to all 3 critters, lemme know your thoughts

Huzzah on progress. No complaints!

rweird
2012-06-28, 06:43 AM
No problem with it. Looks good so far.

Bhu
2012-07-16, 11:32 PM
my apologies i accepted an online gig to keep the bills paid and i had to finish it by last weekend. Hence I've done no work till today and the update is rather small :smallfrown:

you guys like em so far?

thoughts on defenses for the walrus?

Milo v3
2012-07-17, 01:07 AM
I like the soul bite and ghost touch.

It means it will have a good effect on ghosts and souls.

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-07-17, 06:20 AM
my apologies i accepted an online gig to keep the bills paid and i had to finish it by last weekend. Hence I've done no work till today and the update is rather small :smallfrown:

you guys like em so far?

thoughts on defenses for the walrus?

Money is money. Gotta pay those bills.

Looks good here. They can't see very well but have a good sense if smell, if that gives you aything,

rweird
2012-07-20, 09:53 AM
I think the Walrus should for one thing, should try to fight in the water. The rules for underwater combat (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/wilderness.htm) make it a real pain for people without freedom of movement. I think giving the Walrus freedom of movement would make him rather formidable in the water. Maybe his powers should be able to effect people on land from the water. Possibly regeneration/attacks enhanced by bardic music (It isn't just the bonus to damage applied by bardic music, EX: Killy McFighter hits the walrus with his longsword for 1d8+6 damage, though there is no bardic music doing extra damage, so the attack is non-lethal, but if the attack is enhanced by Mr. 1st lvl bard's Inspire Courage, it does 1d8+7 damage, and all that damage is lethal because the attack had a bonus from bardic music, The bonus can be to hit and/or to damage to overcome regeneration, the regeneration is also overcome by spells cast from bardic casting).

Bhu
2012-07-26, 09:22 PM
The Walrus having a swim speed negates all but one of those penalties (and in Alice he's only depicted in a desert).

I can work in bard stuff somehow

rweird
2012-07-26, 09:32 PM
No it doesn't, under has a swim speed, it says for attack/damage -2/half. Didn't wizards of the coast do a great job with underwater combat. You can find the table about halfway down with my link (see previous post).

Bhu
2012-07-30, 09:32 PM
Minor updates to al lcritters

and a lil something for wombat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8cIrZs2UnI

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-07-31, 12:10 AM
Minor updates to al lcritters

and a lil something for wombat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8cIrZs2UnI

Awwwwwwww! Its so cute. :3

Edit: Squish made me giggle.

Bhu
2012-08-10, 11:30 PM
walrus updated, trying to find the supplement with tunnel fighting in it for the wombat, milo: pm me about where you want me to go from here with the ouroboros

Milo v3
2012-08-10, 11:42 PM
I like the Soul Vision, makes it able to attack souls directly. What do you have planned for the Aberrant Power?

Bhu
2012-08-11, 11:09 AM
SLA's :smallbiggrin:

rweird
2012-08-11, 01:48 PM
Looks good, I think I Am The Walrus should be Extraordinary. People shouldn't suddenly be able to learn about the Walrus in a AMF.

Bhu
2012-08-20, 10:02 PM
all critters aer updated, Walrus and Wombat pretty much have teh crunch done and just need fluff

rweird
2012-08-21, 02:41 PM
Looks good, I'd say CR 6-8, personally 7. At that level freedom of movement comes on line, making it a lot easier, though it is one of the encounters the PCs need to prepare for or else it is a lot more dangerous. Nice job.

Bhu
2012-09-03, 11:47 AM
I havent forgotten this, I just need to finish an online assignemnt to keep power on. FInishing up soon

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-09-03, 11:50 AM
It's all good my friend! Do what you have to. :smallsmile:

Bhu
2012-09-10, 11:54 PM
tanks WOmbat

Anything you think yours needs before i do fluff and finish up?

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-09-11, 07:58 AM
Perhaps blind fight or tremor sense?

Edit: Also, what is "large and in charge" and "shock trooper"? For "tunnel fighting" - does "lowered by an additional -2" mean he fights worse in tunnels?

Bhu
2012-09-12, 12:37 PM
http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Large_and_In_Charge

http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-warrior--61/shock-trooper--2614/

no it means he fights better, most beings take a penalty in enclosed spaces, his penalty is lowered by 2

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-09-12, 12:42 PM
http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Large_and_In_Charge

http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-warrior--61/shock-trooper--2614/

no it means he fights better, most beings take a penalty in enclosed spaces, his penalty is lowered by 2

I am appeased. Roll on dear bhu-ser!

Bhu
2012-09-26, 12:43 AM
I need to finish another online gig because Im being sued for back taxes. Gimme a bit longer and I'll be back.

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-09-26, 06:57 AM
I need to finish another online gig because Im being sued for back taxes. Gimme a bit longer and I'll be back.

That's unfortunate to hear! (not the delay, moreso the sueing part)

I wish you a speedy recover in that issue.

rweird
2012-09-26, 07:02 AM
I hope everything gets cleared up soon as well.

Bhu
2012-10-06, 05:25 PM
walrus and wombat are done

ouroboros needs feats, and maybe new SLA's if you don't like the current ones

rweird
2012-10-06, 06:24 PM
I like the Walrus, well done. :smallbiggrin: Thanks for doing it for me. Has the taxes thing cleared up?

Milo v3
2012-10-06, 10:26 PM
ouroboros needs feats, and maybe new SLA's if you don't like the current ones

SLA's look good. They inspire fear, infuse negative energy into all within 220 ft., create barriers made of damaged souls, drain the life of those nearby, and inflict negative levels on any who touch it.

Seems like it would be a great for a boss battle.

rweird
2012-10-07, 06:54 AM
I looked at the ouroboros and realized the SLAs don't have a CL. Also, are you sure that you don't want the bite to do any normal damage, as is the ouroboros can't hurt undead, meaning that it being able to detect incorporeal ones has pretty much no point.

Bhu
2012-10-07, 02:20 PM
I looked at the ouroboros and realized the SLAs don't have a CL. Also, are you sure that you don't want the bite to do any normal damage, as is the ouroboros can't hurt undead, meaning that it being able to detect incorporeal ones has pretty much no point.

For SLA's if no CL is mentioned caster level is by default equal to Hit Dice. I'll have to ask Milo about the bite the Ouroboros is his request.

rweird
2012-10-07, 02:25 PM
For SLA's if no CL is mentioned caster level is by default equal to Hit Dice. I'll have to ask Milo about the bite the Ouroboros is his request.

So CL 40, that is pretty high. Still, he is CR 20 so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Milo v3
2012-10-07, 06:19 PM
I'll have to ask Milo about the bite the Ouroboros is his request.

It might be good to give a physical damage for the Ouroboros, in case one of the players is undead.

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-10-11, 08:09 AM
Wombat of Doom
Colossal Magical Beast

Love it, Bhu! Thanks so much! (it is done, right?)

Bhu
2012-10-13, 05:58 PM
unless you want any modifications yes

Bhu
2012-10-14, 07:07 PM
ouroboros is done unless you want changes. Still think it's a cr 20?

Milo v3
2012-10-14, 07:41 PM
ouroboros is done unless you want changes. Still think it's a cr 20?

Looks good, especially the Snatch and Blinding Speed. It will make a great boss monster.

Bhu
2012-10-29, 01:07 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It!_%281966_film%29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlzz3qf7jkQ

IT!
Large Construct (Evil)
Hit Dice: 42d10+240 (471 hp)
Initiative: -2
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 47 (-1 Size, -2 Dex, +40 Natural), touch 7, flat-footed 47
Base Attack/Grapple: +31/+49
Attack: Slam +45 melee (3d6+15)
Full Attack: 2 Slams +45 melee (3d6+15)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Constrict, Unstoppable
Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', Construct Traits, Invulnerability, Statue, Obeyance, DR 10/-
Saves: Fort +18, Ref +12, Will +23
Abilities: Str 40, Dex 6, Con -, Int 16, Wis 20, Cha 20
Skills: Bluff +30, Climb +25, Intimidate +35, Knowledge (Arcana, Architecture, History, Local, Religion) +23, Listen +25, Move Silently +18, Spot +25
Feats: Awesome Blow, Epic Fortitude, Epic Toughness x7, Epic Will, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Grab, Large and in Charge, Multigrab, Power Attack
Challenge Rating: 18
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: 42+ HD (Large)

The Golem of Prague is a large roughly hewn statue whose artistic style is somewhat alien. Inscribed upon it is "Judah Loew, Prague, 15xx" with the last two digits un-readable. On it's robe in Hebrew is the following:

"Power bringeth destruction; beware, lest it be unleashed."

"He who will find the secret of my life at his feet, him will I serve until beyond time.
"He who shall evoke me in the 17th century, beware, for I cannot by fire be destroyed.
"He who shall evoke me in the 18th century, beware, for I cannot by fire or by water be destroyed.
"He who evokes me in the 19th century, beware, for I cannot by fire or by water or by force be destroyed.
"He who in the 20th century shall dare evoke me, beware, for neither by fire, nor water, nor force, nor anything by man created can I be destroyed.
"He who in the 21st century evokes me must be of God's hand himself because on this earth the person of man existeth no more."

Hidden in a small compartment at the Golem's right foot is a scroll with the word 'emet' (truth) written on it. Placing it in the Golem's mouth brings it to life as your servitor, and it will serve until your death at which point it wonders the world aimlessly, or goes back into hiding as a statue awaiting a new century, and greater invulnerability. The Golem truly wants to be awoken in the 21st century when it will be virtually impossible to destroy. Nor does it seem entirely bound to be inanimate as it murders several people, but only when no one is looking. It wants to be thought of as a statue until it is only vulnerable to divine intervention. It always returns to it's pedestal after being ordered on a mission to avoid suspicion. The Golem appears to understand most languages but is incapable of speaking.

Improved Grab (Ex): The Golem may make a Grapple Check against a being of any Size Class without provoking an Attack of Opportunity.

Constrict (Ex): The Golem does 6d6+30 damage with a successful Grapple Check.

Unstoppable (Ex): The Golems attacks are considered Adamantine for purposes of ignoring Damage Reduction, and they ignore Hardness.

Invulnerability (Ex): As the spell to awaken the Golem is cast it becomes increasingly harder to destroy. If awakened in the 17th century it is immune to Fire damage unless it comes from a divine source (i.e. anyone with a Divine Rank or a Major Artifact created by one).

If awakened in the 18th century it similarly becomes immune to Acid and Cold damage.

If awakened in the 19th century it similarly becomes immune to physical and Force damage.

If awakened in the 20th century it similarly becomes immune to any weapon or item created by mortals (in other words magic items or even nuclear weapons).

If awakened in the 21st century the Golem is immune to all damage that does not have a divine origin. An artifact or Divine rank is required to harm it.

Statue (Ex): The Golem can remain perfectly still for as long as it wants. Unless someone knows what it is they are incapable of telling it from the average statue.

Obeyance: Whoever finds the scroll hidden in the Golems foot and places it in it's mouth becomes it's Master. The Golem must obey his orders, though it usually finds a way to twist those orders to bring it's master misfortune (and it will not obey orders to leave). The Golem will serve until his death before going on a rampage temporarily and then fleeing to await being found again in a later age so it can gain ever more power.

Combat: The Golem kills in secret. Anyone alone in a room with it is at risk, as it may murder you if it senses you are a problem for it's master or a threat to it. Preferably it will be done in a way that doesn't imply the statue did it, such as strangulation or the use of an improvised weapon so as to avoid blood getting on the statue. Once revealed the Golem simply becomes a slowly walking engine of destruction, quietly beating to death anything in it's path.

Debihuman
2012-10-30, 08:27 PM
If it only has one slam attack as a full attack, its damage should be 1.5 times its Str modifier. It either would have two slams doing +15 damage or 1 slam doing +22 damage,.

You gave it Toughness X7, which would give it a bonus of 21 hit points in addition to the 30 bonus hit points for being a Large Construct but they aren't showing up on the HD line.

Hit Dice: 42d10+51 (282 hp) Note: you need a special ability to explain why it has maximum hit points per hit die. 42d10+51 (471 hp). If it only has a CR 18 it doesn't need maximum hit points (more on this below).

If you are going to use non-core feats, please cite to the books. It makes looking at this a lot tougher. I think it is missing a feat.

CR on this is pretty high BUT wish could remove the invulnerability and other spells can prevent it from taking action. It's hard to judge. I'd say no higher than 18 even with all the abilities.

Debby

Bhu
2012-11-01, 12:35 AM
Fixed the slam issue, EPic Toughness adds +30 hp each time you take it, all feats can be found at dndtools.eu

I has misseded u! :thog:

Bhu
2012-11-05, 08:22 PM
Dryad, Durian
Medium Fey
Hit Dice: 4d6+24 (38 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 17 (+7 Natural), touch 10, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+2
Attack: Spines +2 melee (1d4)
Full Attack: Spines +2 melee (1d4)
Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities, Stank
Special Qualities: DR 5/Cold Iron, Tree Dependent, Wild Empathy, Spiny
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +7
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 11, Con 19, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 16
Skills: Bluff +10, Handle Animal +10, Hide +7, Knowledge (Nature) +9, Listen +10, Spot +10, Survival +10, Use Rope +7
Feats: Ability Focus (Stank), Great Fortitude
Environment: Warm Forest
Organization: Solitary or Clump (3-6)
Challenge Rating: 4

"Pelor's Beard, what is that smell?"

"It's my natural musk. Of course you don't like it being all gay elf Paladin."

"How many times must I tell your kind I'm not gay, I just have common sense?"

The dryads of Durian fruit trees are buxom (chubby), greenish, and kind of spiny. They make up for the stank by being more licentious and unreasonable than their more conventional sisters. Despite their smell, many people are said to find their company addictive.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At will: Mage Burr (Complete Scoundrel), Speak with Plants, Tree Shape

3/day: Charm Person, Stinking Cloud, Tree Stride

1/day: Spike Growth

Stank (Ex): Living creatures within 10 feet must succeed on a DC 18 Fortitude save or be sickened for 1d6+4 minutes. A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the same Dryad's stench for 24 hours. A delay poison or neutralize poison spell removes the effect from a sickened creature. Creatures with immunity to poison are unaffected, and creatures resistant to poison receive their normal bonus on their saving throws. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Tree Dependent (Su): This works exactly like the Dryad ability on page 90 of the MM.

Wild Empathy (Ex): This works like the Druid's Class Ability of the same name except the Dryad has a +6 Racial Bonus on the Check.

Spiny (Ex): Opponents who hit the Dryad with an Unarmed Strike, Natural Weapon, or a Grapple take 1d4 plus their own Str Modifier in piercing damage.

Combat: Durian Dryads tend to be defensive fighters. This does not mean they will not harm you. As a matter of fact once their smell has you on the ground horking your guts up they tend to kick the living crap out of you.

Razanir
2012-11-05, 08:31 PM
Can I request a monkey and a non-dire chicken?

Bhu
2012-11-05, 10:14 PM
Monkey is in the Monster Manual already. Or do you mean a Dire Monkey?

I know someone has already done chicken stats lemme find em

Edit: I knew someone had beat me to chickens. There's several varieties here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-167722.html

Razanir
2012-11-06, 12:04 AM
Monkey is in the Monster Manual already. Or do you mean a Dire Monkey?

I know someone has already done chicken stats lemme find em

Edit: I knew someone had beat me to chickens. There's several varieties here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-167722.html

Yeah... I noticed the monkey in the SRD after posting this. I forgot the pfsrd doesn't have the same set of monsters as d20srd. On that note, I also found the entropic and resolute templates in PF, so that will be fun :smallbiggrin:

Bhu
2012-11-22, 07:29 PM
THE BEAVER FOLK

http://Picture URL if you have one

"One more beaver fever joke, and I _______ swear to Gawd..."

Small anthropoid Beavers. With Cajun accents. Just because.

RACE RACIAL TRAITS
· +2 Con, -2 Wis
· Size Class: Small. +1 Size Bonus to Armor Class and Attack Rolls. +4 Size Bonus to Hide Checks. -4 Size Penalty to Bull Rush, Grapple, Overrun, and Trip Checks. Lifting and Carrying Limits are half those of a Medium character. Space is 5', Reach is 5'.
· Monstrous Humanoid, giving you Darkvision 60'.
· Base Land speed 20'
· Base Swim speed 20'
· +1 Natural AC Bonus
· Hold Breath (Ex): Beavers can hold their breath underwater a number of rounds equal to 4 times their Constitution Score before they risk drowning.
· Beavers have a Primary Bite Attack doing 1d4 plus Strength Modifier.
· Beavers have a +8 Racial Bonus to Swim Checks, and can always Take 10 on a Swim Check. They may use the Run Action while swimming in a straight line. They also gain a +4 Racial Bonus on Craft (woodworking) and Survival Checks.
· Automatic Languages: Common and Beaver. Bonus Languages: Bonus languages generally depend on who or what lives nearby.
· Level Adjustment: +0
· Favored Class: Scout

STARTING AGE
Adulthood: 14
Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer: +1d4
Bard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger: +1d6
Cleric, Druid, Monk, Wizard: +2d6

AGING EFFECTS
Middle Age: 30
Old: 45
Venerable: 60
Maximum Age: +2d10 years

HEIGHT AND WEIGHT
Base Height: Male: 3'0" Female: 2'10"
Height Modifier: +2d4"
Base Weight: Male: 40 lbs. Female: 35 lbs.
Weight Modifier: x1 lb.

BEAVER CHARACTERS
If you want to play a small, hardy semi aquatic race the Beaver is a go. The extra Con makes them decent tanks even if they will need some help with their Will Saves. Plus you're a Beaver. If you can't play up that comic angle you're in trouble.
Adventuring Race: Usually you only adventure to right some perceived wrong against you or your loved ones, or because you reeeeally need money. You don't like leaving the community unless need or danger makes it necessary.
Character Development: You're a common, hard working redneck (the good kind). You keep your nose out of other peoples business, and they do the same for you. Or they get whooped. You may not much care for outsiders or people different from yourself, but you believe in hospitality and are willing to accept anyone who doesn't cause trouble.
Character Names: Males: Albert, Andre, Etienne, Henri, Jacques, Jean, Justin, Louis, Maurice, Papite, Paul, Raoul, Remy, Sebastion, Theophile, Zachary. Female: Ada, Adele, Adrienne, Anne, Betty, Claire, Claudine, Clemntine, Clothilde, Deborah, Dee, Enola, Francine, Georgette, Laurie, Madeline, Marie, Mattie, Odette, Olive, Sarah, Sharon, Sherri, Tami, Therese. Surnames: Allain, Arcenaux, Aucoin, Babin, Babineaux, Bellefontaine, Benoit, Bergeron, Bernard, Blanchard, Boudreaux, Bourque, Bourgeois, Boutin, Brasseaux, Braud, Breaux, Broussard, Brun, Bujeau, Castille, Chiasson, Comeaux, Cormier, Cyr, Daigle, Derouen, David, Doucet, Dugas, Dupuis, Foret, Gaudet, Gautreaux, Giroir, Godin, Granger, Gravois, Guidry, Guilbeau, Hebert, Jeansonne, La Bauve, Landry, Langlinais, LeBlanc, Leger, LeJeune, Guidry, Martin, Melancon, Mire, Mouton, Naquin, Orillon, Part, Pellerin, Pitre, Poirier, Prejean, Richard, Rivet, Robichaud, Rodrigue, Roger, Roy, Savoie, Sonnier, Thériot, Thibodeaux, Trahan, Vincent.

ROLEPLAYING A BEAVER
There are a fair amount of misconceptions about your race and it's culture, and it can be tedious to deal with them. Then there are the *******s who make fun of your teeth or your tail. The teeth won't be so damn funny when you're using them to gnaw off their left buttcheek.
Personality: Beavers are fairly laid back and patient. It takes a bit to tick them off usually, other than violating their privacy. Beavers are a very private folk and don't tolerate invasions of such well. Even then they prefer a good old fashioned fistfight to actual lethal combat.
Behaviors: Your fairly calm for the most part unless someone butts in on your business. Then you politely tell them to sod off or fight. Other than that you enjoy the simple pleasures of life such as food and drink. Fishing is also quite the common past time as are building competitions.
Language: Beavers speak their own dialect of Furry, much like the other Furry races.

BEAVER SOCIETY
Beavers are well known for their native cuisine, music, and religious beliefs. Since their tightly knit communities don't interact much with others beyond holidays and trade, many nearby cultures find them fascinating.
Alignment : Beavers are generally Neutral with the more fun loving sort drifting towards Chaotic or Good tendencies.
Lands : Beavers live near lakes and rivers, usually in cold or temperate areas.
Settlements : Beavers rarely settle, and usually only in places with access to water.
Beliefs : Beavers usually worship the Furry Pantheon or the Nature Pantheon, and are fairly devout.
Relations: Given their reputation as fun loving craftsmen, the Beavers get along well with others. And if they don't they dam up the river and dry up their water supply! But seriously as long as you aren't foolish they're kinda hard to offend in the long term.

BEAVER ADVENTURES
· A passing Balor called your mama 'fugly' and that just ain't right. Time to form a lynch mob and hang him! Or...y'know...whatever it is you do to Balors...
· Local humanoids are damming the river upstream. That's your job. Time they were reminded of that.
· Your uncle Louie's moonshine could put down a Frost Giant. But it's all gone missing. Time to find out how before Louie has a stroke, cause he ain't passed on the recipe!

Debihuman
2012-11-23, 07:28 PM
Fixed the slam issue, EPic Toughness adds +30 hp each time you take it

You've still got the HD line wrong on IT.

Hit Dice: 42d10+240 (471 hp)

Debby

Bhu
2012-11-27, 12:11 AM
thanks debbies!!

yes this is the Ravenloft Critter before anyone asks

VAMPYRES

http://Picture URL if you have one

"Do I feel dead to you?"

Vampyres are an ancient race who began specifically preying on humans and the occasional elf. They stand under 6' tall and are usually exceptionally beautiful (though some are spectacularly hideous due to inbreeding). They are slender with very pale skin and dark eyes. They have retractable claws that look like sharp nails, and fanged incisors. Their facial features are exotic and some say they have a slight feline cast. They prefer dark, somber clothing (though attractive members often dress like streetwalkers to attract prey).

VAMPYRE RACIAL TRAITS
· +2 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Int, +2 Cha
· Size Class: Medium
· Type: Monstrous Humanoid, giving them 60 ft. Darkvision
· Base land speed 30 ft.
· +5 Natural Armor Bonus
· Blood Drain (Ex): A Vampyre can suck blood from a living victim with its fangs by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe, it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the Vampyre gains 5 temporary hit points. Vampyres feed in this manner and do not require food or water. They must drain at least 1 point of Constitution per day or begin suffering the effects of Starvation (see DMG).
· Charm Toxin (Ex): Vampyre saliva is particularly toxic and victims who are bitten must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Constitution Modifier plus 1/2 the damage done by the Bite attack). If he fails he is affected as if by a Charm Person spell. Unlike normal the Charmed victim will not resist the bite of the Vampyre who bit him (however he will still fight other Vampyres), and the duration is 24 hours.
· Vampyres have a Primary Claw attack doing 1d4 plus Strength Bonus, and a Secondary Bite attack doing 1d6 plus half Strength Bonus plus Charm Toxin. They get 2 Claw attacks and 1 Bite attack with a Full Attack. They are proficient with all Simple Weapons.
· A Vampyre has 8 Racial Hit Dice, giving it the following: 8d8 Hit Points, +8 base Attack Bonus, +2 Fort Save, +6 Ref Save, +6 Will Save, and (2 + Int modifier) skill points per level (with times 4 skill points for the first level). Class skills are Bluff, Diplomacy, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot. They also get 3 Feats.
· Automatic and Bonus Languages: Vampyres automatically speak Common. Bonus languages: Any Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid language or Giant.
· Level Adjustment : +2
· Favored Class: Rogue

STARTING AGE
Adulthood: 10
Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer: +1d4
Bard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger: +1d6
Cleric, Druid, Monk, Wizard: +2d6

AGING EFFECTS
Middle Age: 50 years
Old: 75 years
Venerable: 100 years
Maximum Age: +5d20 years

HEIGHT AND WEIGHT
Base Height: Male: 4'11" Female: 4'8"
Height Modifier: +2d10
Base Weight: Male: 125 lbs. Female: 85 lbs.
Weight Modifier: x (2d4) lbs.

VAMPYRE CHARACTERS
Given their stats, Vampyres make decent Cha based gishes or melee fighters. Since they have no penalty stats they can really try just about anything, they;re just obviously better at some than others.
Adventuring Race: Vampyres go adventuring because they've been found out and need to flee the area, or because they're pack was wiped out and they need an excuse to disappear. Many sign as traveling mercenaries as cover. It works well since they can travel by day and don't appear as Undead.
Character Development: You need blood to live, so do everything you can to build up Grappling if you intend to take it by force. If you just intend to buy small animals like chickens and drain them (an option you find appalling for more reasons than the taste) you can concentrate elsewhere. If you aren't physically tough you may want to pick up a few Levels of Beguiler or another class that lets you enchant people from a distance.
Character Names: Vampyres use the naming conventions of their prey as they need to fit in locally to avoid detection.

ROLEPLAYING A VAMPYRE
Vampyres are sociopaths almost without exception. They have some vague sense of kinship with one another due to their reliance on each other to obtain food, but all other races are either food or competition. It would be a very special Vampyre indeed who could learn to put this insularity behind them long enough to accept another species as a companion, and if they were starving they'd still consider eating him. Unlike undead their need for blood isn't a compulsion, it's food. For them to eat a living being must die or be made ill. They can't afford sympathy or mercy.
Personality: Vampyres have trust issues. Xenophobic as a whole they rarely even meet their own kind beyond their immediate family except for special occasions. They have to show restraint lest they indulge incestually, so when two or more packs meet the party is fairly massive (assuming one pack moves on and doesn't settle down as competition). They're too paranoid (and repulsed) to indulge in interspecies romances. They aren't renowned for willpower and are afraid they will reveal themselves interacting with other races if they lose control when they get hungry.
Behaviors: Vampyres spend most of their time practicing seduction and stalking in order to perfect their hunting techniques. They're also taught healing, torture, and humanoid anatomy in order to preserve victims and keep them alive longer in order to provide more blood. Being pack predators they often practice psychological warfare and intimidation on one another not only to maintain/improve their position in the pack hierarchy but to hone their skills for emergencies (such as when they get caught).
Language: Vampyres have no native language (at least none they remember), but instead learn the languages spoken by the humanoids around them.

VAMPYRE SOCIETY
Vampyres are ambush predators that travel in packs. They send the most attractive member to fetch a human and lure it back with promises of sex or reward before they all fall on the prey keeping it alive as long as possible. On the rare chance they meet their own kind there is usually a large murder spree as they take the rare chance to indulge in mating (not that they mind incest but they try to avoid it). Vampyres undergo a ritual at age 10 involving their solo killing prey. If they succeed they are considered adults. Rare is the small pack who will join a community as some sort of disguise. It's easier to lurk on the outskirts and take what they need.
Alignment : Vampyres are Evil almost without exception, and the vast majority are Chaotic as well. Some may be Neutral but none are Good or Lawful. Their food source precludes them being sympathetic or willing to obey others who aren't more powerful than them. They are amoral in every sense of the word.
Lands : Vampyres are generally urban predators, living anywhere humans or humanlike beings live. Some also live in the wilderness but theirs is a much harder life. They can feed on the blood of any being, but their Charm Toxin only works on Humanoids.
Settlements : As mentioned Vampyres follow their prey. Where humans go they follow.
Beliefs: Vampyres are somewhat narcissistic and callous, which doesn't lead them to worship deities other than those who are also fairly evil and don't make demands that interfere with the Vampyre lifestyle.
Relations: Other races are prey or rival predators without exception. Particularly open-minded Vampyres cast out from their pack may adopt other evil beings as their new pack, but the adopted family will need to be something he can't eat, and more powerful than him to prevent him from whittling them down.

VAMPYRE ADVENTURES
· The blood of your family is running very thin. You haven't seen other Vampyres in ages, and you need to find them quickly, or inbreeding will mean the end of your line. You have been sent to travel the world to find suitable mates and bring them back.
· The family has been caught red-handed and must leave town. Your job is to obfuscate pursuit by staying behind and killing from the shadows.
· A real Vampire has moved into your territory, and needs to be shown the door. He's already turned your cousin into a Spawn and you can't afford more.

Bhu
2012-12-01, 12:38 AM
+2 LA seem ok?

rweird
2012-12-01, 06:37 AM
Yeah, the 8HD really make up for most of it, maybe as low as +1, or +0 considering classes at 8th level might have comparable Class Features.

Debihuman
2012-12-01, 11:18 AM
What made you change Dominate from the original Vamypre to Charm Toxin?

Debby

Bhu
2012-12-02, 08:28 PM
I didnt. I'm looking at my copy of teh 2e MM now. It says charm toxin.

Debihuman
2012-12-03, 12:25 PM
I have the 3.5 Ravenloft book, [I]Denizens of Dread[//I], I just thought you were using that.

Debby

Bhu
2012-12-06, 02:40 AM
actually i didnt know they'd made one :smallredface: