PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: creating a fey

WarKitty
2010-09-30, 04:15 PM
Got another challenge for you all. My druid has gotten it into her head that she would like to be a fey. Now this is an already existent character of the humanoid type. Here's the challenge:

Make a normal humanoid character into a fey. Use as few level dips away from druid as possible. Effect should not be dispellable. Gold or experience costs are no object. I am aware that there are a few PrC's that have "gain fey type" as their capstone; I wish to avoid these.

Amphetryon
2010-09-30, 04:17 PM
Use WotC's Feytouched Template (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a). Boom, you're done. :smallsmile:

WarKitty
2010-09-30, 04:19 PM
Use WotC's Feytouched Template (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a). Boom, you're done. :smallsmile:

Would need a way in-game to apply the template to an already existent character.

Malbordeus
2010-09-30, 04:19 PM
half fey from the fiend folio is better/funnier, only +2 adjustment too.

Salbazier
2010-09-30, 04:20 PM
Wish?......

Cog
2010-09-30, 04:21 PM
Mirage Mullah, from Sandstorm.

You'll probably want a way to transform yourself to another fey-type after doing so, though...

Zaydos
2010-09-30, 04:26 PM
Ritual of Vitality from Savage Species; let's you change your race. Does cost XP and GP, though, and I can't find what it says about LA (except that the XP cost is based on the ECL of the creature).

Edit: Doesn't give you the mental ability scores, though, and gives you the average physical ability scores of the race. So it seems badly thought out.

WarKitty
2010-09-30, 04:35 PM
Ritual of Vitality from Savage Species; let's you change your race. Does cost XP and GP, though, and I can't find what it says about LA (except that the XP cost is based on the ECL of the creature).

Edit: Doesn't give you the mental ability scores, though, and gives you the average physical ability scores of the race. So it seems badly thought out.

Well, the point is to gain the fey type, rather than to actually become a specific fey and get access to their special abilities. So that would probably not be an issue, as I would be looking to apply the half-fey template more than likely.

Prime32
2010-09-30, 04:40 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/articles/3CsX278ZDGQQ62al3RP.html

Would need a way in-game to apply the template to an already existent character.You're looking for fluff then? :smallconfused: The way to apply it is "take a level in half-fey".

WarKitty
2010-09-30, 04:42 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/articles/3CsX278ZDGQQ62al3RP.html

You're looking for fluff then? :smallconfused:

I'm looking for actual 3.5 material, not homebrew. I'm not allowed to bring homebrew into the game.

Prime32
2010-09-30, 04:43 PM
I'm looking for actual 3.5 material, not homebrew. I'm not allowed to bring homebrew into the game.What's wrong with the Savage Progression then?

EDIT: Note, you want the half-fey progression, not feytouched. Feytouched is a race, not a template.

WarKitty
2010-09-30, 04:46 PM
What's wrong with the Savage Progression then?

DM doesn't like web supplements, unfortunately, although I could try.

Prime32
2010-09-30, 04:51 PM
Half-fey is from a book (Fiend Folio I think). The web article version is identical except that you can gain its abilities over the course of two levels.

WarKitty
2010-09-30, 04:57 PM
Ok looks like the web template is my best bet, thanks everyone!

Caliphbubba
2010-09-30, 04:59 PM
pretty cheesy but wouldn't a Polymorph Any Object from a Dweomerkeeper high enough level to get Supernatural Spell pretty much exactly what you want. Hard to find (maybe impossible) and expensive too.

WarKitty
2010-09-30, 05:01 PM
pretty cheesy but wouldn't a Polymorph Any Object from a Dweomerkeeper high enough level to get Supernatural Spell pretty much exactly what you want. Hard to find (maybe impossible) and expensive too.

PaO is dispellable though, isn't it?

Caliphbubba
2010-09-30, 05:06 PM
PaO is dispellable though, isn't it?

Not if it's cast as a Supernatural Spell. Supernatural is not subject to being dispelled.

WarKitty
2010-09-30, 05:10 PM
Not if it's cast as a Supernatural Spell. Supernatural is not subject to being dispelled.

Good point. Ok yeah that is cheesy, the rituals and savage progression seem easier.

Delivery Ninja
2010-09-30, 05:20 PM
You know, as I recall, they introduced Rebuild Quests in PHB2. Essentially, you go on a quest to a wondrous location that allows you to remake yourself as you wish upon reaching it. Something like that sounds like it might be exactly what you're looking for.

Just point your DM to page 199 and ask if such a quest could be arranged for your character. She's obviously going to be doing research into changing herself anyway, right? The location should be easy enough to introduce.