PDA

View Full Version : Serious People Studios- Funny Youtube videos!

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-01, 07:04 AM
Some people may have heard me talking about a Super Secret Project I was working on for the past, like, year. Something that I've been working on in addtion to my many fancomics. This is the project.

http://i52.tinypic.com/14uc8lx.png (http://www.youtube.com/user/SeriousPeopleStudios)

Funny internet videos now made by me and my friends on Serious People Studios! (http://www.youtube.com/user/SeriousPeopleStudios) With a new video every week (though not necessarily of the same show every week).

Hope you enjoy. These first videos are our first ever videos, so please be gentle with critisism. :smallwink: :smalltongue:

HalfTangible
2010-10-01, 02:35 PM
I have a question for you, Q...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:G8aeAGkHz6AiYM:http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq256/K1LL4H/batman-dark-knight-joker.jpg

Emperor Ing
2010-10-01, 02:46 PM
This feels scripted, and not in a good way. Might I suggest Improv?

CrimsonAngel
2010-10-01, 02:58 PM
So I hear you play alot of video games, eh.

Dogmantra
2010-10-01, 03:03 PM
This feels scripted, and not in a good way.

Uh... this.

Find a workable gimmick and make it yours. Zero Punctuation works because he talks fast and it's interesting and amusing to hear him yammering on, even if what he's saying would be boring at normal speed.

I'm not saying turn it into the CRAZY HIJINKS SHOW FEATURING SOME TALKING, but I am more saying you really have nothing to catch you if your... uh... slightly subpar writing lets you down and you might want to get something to cover your tracks.

-skimmer-
2010-10-01, 03:11 PM

Indeed, sorry Q....

I'm still going to follow this and maybe next episodes will catch my interest. I have high hopes for you guys:smallsmile:

Keveak
2010-10-01, 04:05 PM
I have to say, I agree that you need a gimmick or two, running gags related to the show (like Linkara's I Am A Man punch and rantings about One More Day) and perhaps slightly better delivery (Not enough ham in my opinion, but it's a crazy opinion so don't listen to it)

Though the idea of two reviewers who completely disagree is a good one :smallsmile:

There is one last mention of utter importance from me before I'll venture off to rest, impressively groovy hat, Q! :smalltongue:

Threeshades
2010-10-01, 07:59 PM
(Not enough ham in my opinion, but it's a crazy opinion so don't listen to it)

There is never enough ham! (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/wab/hams/)

I liked it for a first one, with a bit of practice this can become awesome. I commented, liked and subscribed. :smallsmile:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-01, 09:37 PM

There's actually a few improv'd videos coming your way, just to show you why THAT doesn't work either. :smalltongue:

But seriously, I understand everybody's critisism, but please bear with us. We are really experimenting to find what works best and are working to improve our abilties. We aren't going to be perfect for a while, but hopefully we'll get there soon. Just...stick with us, okay?

Like everything in life, you gotta make some bad stuff before the good stuff shines through.

Glad to see such great reception (I expected much worse comments, actually). I will listen to all of you for the next episodes of this series. Oh, and we also have other shows to preview! If the first video series we've started doesn't catch your interest, even after all the fine tuining we'll be doing, maybe one of the other shows and our other stand-alone sketches might. :smallsmile:

Lord Raziere
2010-10-01, 11:15 PM
Like everything in life, you gotta make some bad stuff before the good stuff shines through.

I know what ya mean thar! I went through three fantasy settings before finally coming up with the one that feels right, the one that will actually work for me.

and of course everyone has made amateur stuff before ever becoming professionals.

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-02, 12:02 AM
and of course everyone has made amateur stuff before ever becoming professionals.

Yep!

Well, except for Terry Pratchett. He pooped on a piece of paper when he was 5 months old and it quickly became a best-seller.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-02, 12:47 AM
You are in desperate need of a Kirby plushy Q. Believe me, having one would only make your life better.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-02, 06:40 AM
You are in desperate need of a Kirby plushy Q. Believe me, having one would only make your life better.

I could never find a Kirby plush I liked. I could never find a neutral Kirby. Always Kirby with some kind of hat.

I do have a Kirby figurine, through. It's sitting between the Yoshi and Sonic on the couch. I also have a King Dedede plush, but I unfortunetely bought it after this video was finished.

Also, the plushes aren't going to be there for every game review. Just the ones they star in (for example, if we ever do a Sonic game, all my Sonic plushies will be in plain sight. If we do a Kirby game, just the Kirby ones, etc.) If we do a game were no toys have been made of it or if they do and we don't own them (like the upcoming GTA 4 review) there won't be any plushies.

Lord Raziere
2010-10-02, 08:47 AM
Yep!

Well, except for Terry Pratchett. He pooped on a piece of paper when he was 5 months old and it quickly became a best-seller.

I remember reading somewhere that actually regrets some of the stuff he wrote in the first one or two books.....I think. Maybe. I forgot. Might've been true. Pretty sure there was some kind of thing he didn't like. Probably. I knew I read it somewhere......

Keveak
2010-10-02, 10:36 AM
There is never enough ham! (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/wab/hams/)

What's that video's problem with vegetarians? Bugs Bunny is a vegetarian, DO YOU DENY BUGS BUNNY!?

All who deny one of the mighty lords of entertainment will be punished by eternally staring at an exceptionally boring wall for all of 3.473 years! so it was written, so it might or might not be!

:smalltongue:

I remember reading somewhere that actually regrets some of the stuff he wrote in the first one or two books.....I think. Maybe. I forgot. Might've been true. Pretty sure there was some kind of thing he didn't like. Probably. I knew I read it somewhere......

Doesn't mean it wasn't gold, just that it was a mere 24 karat instead of the glorious 25.3 karat that his later works are :smalltongue:

Rae Artemi
2010-10-02, 11:32 AM
I could never find a Kirby plush I liked. I could never find a neutral Kirby. Always Kirby with some kind of hat.

I do have a Kirby figurine, through. It's sitting between the Yoshi and Sonic on the couch. I also have a King Dedede plush, but I unfortunetely bought it after this video was finished.

Also, the plushes aren't going to be there for every game review. Just the ones they star in (for example, if we ever do a Sonic game, all my Sonic plushies will be in plain sight. If we do a Kirby game, just the Kirby ones, etc.) If we do a game were no toys have been made of it or if they do and we don't own them (like the upcoming GTA 4 review) there won't be any plushies.

Oh, I pretty much figured that, I was just saying. I myself have a life size neutral Kirby plush, and it is incredible adorable and soft.
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9153/image2838.png

Here he is!

Oh, and to keep this on topic, do you always speak with such a stereotypical Canadian accent, or were you doing that on purpose?

Threeshades
2010-10-02, 12:30 PM
What's that video's problem with vegetarians? Bugs Bunny is a vegetarian, DO YOU DENY BUGS BUNNY!?

No, i toss hams at bugs bunny.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-02, 12:34 PM
Oh, and to keep this on topic, do you always speak with such a stereotypical Canadian accent, or were you doing that on purpose?

I was doing it on purpose in that video, along with the costume. You'll see very shortly, in other videos, that I talk and dress very differently in real life. The Quin Azevedo present in this show was a character to say the least.

Emperor Ing
2010-10-02, 12:34 PM

This irritated me as well.

Keveak
2010-10-02, 04:28 PM
No, i toss hams at bugs bunny.

... I would yell blasphemy but having seen the results of angering Bugs Bunny I will just back slowly off this way to get some popcorn and watch the show :smallamused::smalltongue:

I was doing it on purpose in that video, along with the costume. You'll see very shortly, in other videos, that I talk and dress very differently in real life. The Quin Azevedo present in this show was a character to say the least.

May I enquire as to why you chose this video to do a thick accent in?

Is it because it lets you wear the hat? Isn't it? :smalltongue:

Darklord Bright
2010-10-02, 06:18 PM
The accent only bothered me because I could tell it was forced.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-02, 09:00 PM
May I enquire as to why you chose this video to do a thick accent in?

Is it because it lets you wear the hat? Isn't it? :smalltongue:

The show, or at least my character, has a lot of inspiration from Bob and Doug Mackenzie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184).

Why I decided to base my character off of them is a story for another day.

The accent only bothered me because I could tell it was forced.
You're telling me how my country's stereotypical accent should sound?! :smallmad:

Yeah I know it sucks. :smalltongue: That's another thing I'm working on is accents (which will be a lot better next episode thanks to my recent puppetiering classes, which they teach you different accents as well.)

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-02, 10:14 PM
Try a newfie accent. Oh wait, if you're not from Newfoundland, it's impossible. :smalltongue:

Darklord Bright
2010-10-03, 12:57 AM
You're telling me how my country's stereotypical accent should sound?! :smallmad:

*is Canadian-born* :smalltongue:

Gulaghar
2010-10-05, 01:26 AM
Oh, I pretty much figured that, I was just saying. I myself have a life size neutral Kirby plush, and it is incredible adorable and soft.
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9153/image2838.png

Here he is!

You jump at every opportunity to show off your Kirby don't you:smallbiggrin:

The show, or at least my character, has a lot of inspiration from Bob and Doug Mackenzie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184).

Why I decided to base my character off of them is a story for another day.

Yeah I know it sucks. :smalltongue: That's another thing I'm working on is accents (which will be a lot better next episode thanks to my recent puppetiering classes, which they teach you different accents as well.)

As a Canadian I approve of this accent. Although it seems out of place in this context.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-05, 09:42 AM
You jump at every opportunity to show off your Kirby don't you:smallbiggrin:

Why shouldn't I? Kirby is amazing.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-08, 05:36 AM
Right-o everyone. I said I'd update the channel weekly, and I have. Not a new Garth and Quin show, utilizing all the great constructive critisism we've gotten, unfortunately. My friends and I are actually at the moment working on a big project regarding a school horror film festival. Which will eventually be seen on Youtube as well and will be awesome as well. But what about this week?

These (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMuIs6Wy0jI) two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14803cdwfQA) videos (it's one two-part video) of the VERY FIRST video I made with this camera. And I am aware of how much they suck. It was purely to test the camera and editing software, and in fact I had decided long ago that I wasn't actually going to show it. I warn you that it's VERY BORING. No real jokes (any that are in there are guaranteed to be not funny), just a pretentious review video on a comic book everybody knows about already.

So...watch it anyway? :smallconfused:

Keveak
2010-10-08, 07:27 AM
Right-o everyone. I said I'd update the channel weekly, and I have. Not a new Garth and Quin show, utilizing all the great constructive critisism we've gotten, unfortunately. My friends and I are actually at the moment working on a big project regarding a school horror film festival. Which will eventually be seen on Youtube as well and will be awesome as well. But what about this week?

These (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMuIs6Wy0jI) two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14803cdwfQA) videos (it's one two-part video) of the VERY FIRST video I made with this camera. And I am aware of how much they suck. It was purely to test the camera and editing software, and in fact I had decided long ago that I wasn't actually going to show it. I warn you that it's VERY BORING. No real jokes (any that are in there are guaranteed to be not funny), just a pretentious review video on a comic book everybody knows about already.

So...watch it anyway? :smallconfused:

Everybody in America might know about it but I only know the name because it was mentioned on Atop The Fourth Wall.

Which is enough reason for me to read it at some point but not yet :smalltongue:

-skimmer-
2010-10-08, 07:58 AM
Call me weird, but I liked it this time:smallbiggrin:

Cizak
2010-10-09, 04:50 PM
Only saw the Brawl one, but got two things to say about it:

1. Why do you use other people's footage instead of your own? What I'm talking about is the Ultimate Chimera footage. It's from "10 worst stages in brawl". You can see that ebcause it says "(Okay so more like 100% than 200%)". It was just a coincidence that I saw that video for the first time today, otherwise I wouldn't have spotted it.

2. Why in gods name are you playing Brawl with Wiimotes!? :smalleek:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-09, 08:00 PM
Only saw the Brawl one, but got two things to say about it:

1. Why do you use other people's footage instead of your own? What I'm talking about is the Ultimate Chimera footage. It's from "10 worst stages in brawl". You can see that ebcause it says "(Okay so more like 100% than 200%)". It was just a coincidence that I saw that video for the first time today, otherwise I wouldn't have spotted it.

1. Because we're too lazy to get our own damn footage.

2. Because that's how we prefer to play. Is that a problem?

Rae Artemi
2010-10-09, 11:32 PM

Because that's how it was designed to be played?

Or maybe because it's the most fun to play like that.

Not everyone takes video games seriously, you know.

I was just ninja'd by three and a half hours... I really should have looked better.

Dogmantra
2010-10-10, 04:13 AM

Yes. I'm a sapient, bipedal, fleshy being, you are too. THIS MEANS WE MUST LIKE EXACTLY THE SAME THINGS. Clearly you don't.

You must be... assimilated.

Cizak
2010-10-10, 10:47 AM

I guess not, I just got a little shocked. Never met anyone who prefers anything else than gamecube-controllers.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-10, 12:06 PM
I guess not, I just got a little shocked. Never met anyone who prefers anything else than gamecube-controllers.

I hate the gamecube controllers. HATE EM! :furious:

The cords are too short and I'm always too close to the TV. Plus, I hate, HATE the button placement, and because of the sheer amount of Wii games I play, I have the Wii button placement memorized much better than any other controller for any other console ever made. And...

Well...I had a tramatic experience with corded controllers and Super Smash Bros. when I was very young. :smallfrown:

See, back in the day of the N64 Super Smash Bros., (I don't like to brag, but this is no exaggeration) nobody could EVER beat me. AT ALL. There was only ONE time I ever lost. And that was when this cheating dofus yanked out my controller and killed me over and over while I was fumbling to get my controller reconnected. Ever since, I always prefer to play with the wireless Wii-remotes.

So...yeah.

Lord Raziere
2010-10-10, 12:14 PM
Man, that is so totally harsh and ungroovy, yea but Wiimotes are like radical like that.

great, now I'm randomly switching between faux-slang now to, it was bad enough when it was just the accents, aye that it was laddie, that it was.

Cizak
2010-10-10, 12:32 PM
I hate the gamecube controllers. HATE EM! :furious:

The cords are too short and I'm always too close to the TV. Plus, I hate, HATE the button placement.

Huh. I always use the gc-controllers as the prime example of how a controller should be designed. There's not a single thing I don't like about them. Well, as you say, the chords could have been a little longer, but it's still not a major issue for me.

Threeshades
2010-10-18, 09:53 AM
Huh. I always use the gc-controllers as the prime example of how a controller should be designed. There's not a single thing I don't like about them. Well, as you say, the chords could have been a little longer, but it's still not a major issue for me.

There are two things in my opinion, the right stick could be a bit bigger and handier and it could have 2 triggers on both left and right, like a PS controller. That little blue thing is a joke in my opinion.
Other than that they are pretty much perfect. especially the unsurpassed ergonomy

Aren't there any wireless GC controllers for the Wii?

Comet
2010-10-19, 07:17 AM
Aren't there any wireless GC controllers for the Wii?

There are.

Anyway, uh... New video each week?

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-20, 06:08 AM
There are.

Anyway, uh... New video each week?

Yeah...I was hoping I could do that. Every Thursday or Friday. I was hoping nobody noticed that I didn't update it this week, though. :smallredface:

I HAD a video to post, don't get me wrong. And I am going to post it this week. However, I was far too busy to actually post it on those days. :smallfrown:

Hopefully I will be able to post weekly on other weeks, but please don't hold me to that.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-23, 07:10 AM
Alright. I wanted to have another Garth and Quin Show ready for you guys, but my buddy and I have spent all our time together making a "horror" film for a school film festival (which we'll eventually put up on YouTube as well).

But I have put up another video. Another comic book review as myself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HImQVEzY22g) since they're quite easy to make. I also tried to be a bit more...lively in this one. It's less boring than my other comic book review (I hope) and a lot shorter. The jokes probably might suck, though.

Keveak
2010-10-23, 07:47 AM
Alright. I wanted to have another Garth and Quin Show ready for you guys, but my buddy and I have spent all our time together making a "horror" film for a school film festival (which we'll eventually put up on YouTube as well).

But I have put up another video. Another comic book review as myself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HImQVEzY22g) since they're quite easy to make. I also tried to be a bit more...lively in this one. It's less boring than my other comic book review (I hope) and a lot shorter. The jokes probably might suck, though.

Good one, but you missed the two most important things this jack-o-lantern of a comicbook didn't explain:

Why Teddy Roosevelt wasn't in it and most important of all, why the Linkara clone making the review had a Canadian accent! :smalltongue:

Threeshades
2010-10-23, 08:30 AM
Good one, but you missed the two most important things this jack-o-lantern of a comicbook didn't explain:

Why Teddy Roosevelt wasn't in it and most important of all, why the Linkara clone making the review had a Canadian accent! :smalltongue:

Wearing a hat while reviewing a comic book doesn't make you a linkara clone. Now If he'd been wearing glasses too, he'd be a total ripoff though.

I enjoyed this review, I hope you guys are also going to get into the books, referencing and showing pages in future reviews.

Keveak
2010-10-23, 11:05 AM
Wearing a hat while reviewing a comic book doesn't make you a linkara clone. Now If he'd been wearing glasses too, he'd be a total ripoff though.

I enjoyed this review, I hope you guys are also going to get into the books, referencing and showing pages in future reviews.

It was the screenshot in the credits that convinced me, he is a slightly different (as we all know, clones never look like the original) clone of Linkara! I must find the cloning labs and figure out how they did it!

I hope they will too, especially if it involves Teddy Roosevelt fighting monsters :smalltongue:

Threeshades
2010-10-23, 04:57 PM
I hope they will too, especially if it involves Teddy Roosevelt fighting monsters :smalltongue:

That's silly! Teddy Roosevelt doesn't fight monsters, he solves mysteries and fights crime.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-23, 05:01 PM
That's silly! Teddy Roosevelt doesn't fight monsters, he solves mysteries and fights crime.

When he's not governing the countryWorld, taking care of wounded bears, and fighting Eldrich horrors.

Keveak
2010-10-24, 02:51 AM

The crime can't be commited by monsters? Scooby Doo lied to us!

But you know what would be really awesome? Washington, Lincoln and Roosevelt piloting the USS Enterprise, as Klingons.

GrlumpTheElder
2010-10-24, 08:48 AM
The crime can't be commited by monsters? Scooby Doo lied to us!

But you know what would be really awesome? Washington, Lincoln and Roosevelt piloting the USS Enterprise, as Klingons.

Isn't that veering close to politics?

AWESOME INTERSTELLA POLITICS?!?!

Been watching the videos Q, good work :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and to rub salt into old wounds, I played Brawl for the first time last week with the Wiimote, and now can't play with anything else (and don't play as anyone other than Kirby - Now I see why Rae loves the little guy so much :smallbiggrin:)

Rae Artemi
2010-10-24, 04:10 PM
Oh, and to rub salt into old wounds, I played Brawl for the first time last week with the Wiimote, and now can't play with anything else (and don't play as anyone other than Kirby - Now I see why Rae loves the little guy so much :smallbiggrin:)

Play Epic yarn. Yo will see even more why I love the little pink puffball.

It may not be out in the UK yet, though...

GrlumpTheElder
2010-10-24, 04:20 PM
Play Epic yarn. Yo will see even more why I love the little pink puffball.

It may not be out in the UK yet, though...

It's not out until 25th March 2011 in the UK :smalleek:

Curse my British Existance when it comes to Video Games!!!!

Rae Artemi
2010-10-24, 04:31 PM

Oh, wow. Ebay?

GrlumpTheElder
2010-10-24, 04:57 PM
Oh, wow. Ebay?

Alas I am but a poor student who cannot afford it at the moment. I'll have to wait :smallmad:

Rae Artemi
2010-10-24, 05:05 PM
Alas I am but a poor student who cannot afford it at the moment. I'll have to wait :smallmad:

If I wasn't poor too I'd mail you my copy when I was done with it...

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-24, 05:30 PM
Ah. Kirby Epic Yarn. I just got to the part where I beat King Dedede. It's cuteness at a weaponized level.

Almost too much cuteness at times. Very rarely, though. But occasionally I've felt an overpowering urge to play Mortal Kombat to balence things out. Nothing quite like ripping out a guy's spine to balence overexposure to Kirby's Epic Yarn. :smalltongue:

Also, if you liked my comic reviews, excellent happenings, people! I just got a TON of really, REALLY weird comics donated to me! Even one or two Linkara himself has reviewed! I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot more comic reviews. Particularly since they're MUCH easier to do than the videogame reviews with my friend. :smallbiggrin:

And I'll take the idea of getting into specific panels too. I shall always listen to constuctive critisism, so if any of you have any more ideas on how to make these comic reviews (or ANY videos I do, for that matter) any better, don't hesitate to tell me.

[EDIT] ALso, one more thing about Kirby's Epic Yarn, it may cause you to say some really weird things. My favourite thing I've said while playing it was "EAT SOME BEES, MUTHA%$#@A!"

Emperor Ing
2010-10-24, 05:45 PM
Another comic book review as myself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HImQVEzY22g)

D:

That's just me though. I'd elaborate, but that would break forum rules.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-24, 06:52 PM
D:

That's just me though. I'd elaborate, but that would break forum rules.

May I inquire as to whether or not this is positive or negative? And I request something constructive if it's the latter, which I have a feeling it is?

Don't worry about offending me (though I would prefer if you were to be nice about it). Getting constructive critisism and using that in my videos is the only way I can improve, after all.

Keveak
2010-10-24, 11:56 PM

You should try living in a non-English community, we don't even have a set date for Epic Yarn yet!

...Not that I'd be able to play it, I don't have a Wii, but that's besides the point! :smallmad::smalltongue:

GrlumpTheElder
2010-10-25, 11:56 AM
You should try living in a non-English community, we don't even have a set date for Epic Yarn yet!

...Not that I'd be able to play it, I don't have a Wii, but that's besides the point! :smallmad::smalltongue:

I only have a wii because someone in my flat here at uni bought it...

I've been very deprived as a child when it comes to games consoles...

Rae Artemi
2010-10-25, 02:19 PM
Oh, yeah, and Q, if you review Epic Yarn I will love you forever. Forever.
In any way you want ;)

Emperor Ing
2010-10-25, 05:38 PM
May I inquire as to whether or not this is positive or negative? And I request something constructive if it's the latter, which I have a feeling it is?

It's negative. And I can't be any more constructive because it's political.

The best I can say is that you should actively try to stay away from discussing anything political or religious. They tend to start flame wars. Just a warning.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-25, 06:37 PM
It's negative. And I can't be any more constructive because it's political.

The best I can say is that you should actively try to stay away from discussing anything political or religious. They tend to start flame wars. Just a warning.

Thank you. I'll take you up on that warning in the future.

Though if you want to leave better critisism, you could also leave a comment on Youtube instead.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-10-31, 06:51 AM
Happy Halloween, everybody!

This is a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkXf4hMJULw) that my friends and I made for a Horror Film Festival at my school. And it won teachers choice award, too!

We shot a lot more than we could actually put into the film due to the time maximum, so expect an extended version or a deleted scenes reel sometime down the road.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-11-07, 07:46 AM
Welp, since the Horror film festival video is finished, I was hoping to have another Garth and Quin episode ready by now to show our improvements. Unfortunetly, due to my friend's schedule conflicts, it probably won't be ready for about 2 weeks at best.

We have some great filler videos until then, and not just of reviews, either!

For now, I have another two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmByAHX0LBY) part (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szFOfBdvGVY) comic review. Hopefully this is both informative AND not-boring.

Keveak
2010-11-07, 11:06 AM
The Hallowe'en movie was nice, the review would have been very good in my book except for one thing.

The background music will haunt my nightmares! Get it out of my head! Aaah!

But otherwise it was nice :smallsmile:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-11-13, 06:56 PM
New videos! These videos are part one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Thwq553wQ0) and two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im1GC7afJmI) of my trip to and "coverage" of Fan Expo 2010 (which is like the Canadian version of Comic-Con). It's pretty late, but hopefully still funny.

Threeshades
2010-11-15, 07:47 AM
You need to work on your insane smile. I can teach you :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-11-15, 04:19 PM
You need to work on your insane smile. I can teach you :smallbiggrin:

Actually, I wore the same costume for halloween, and had to do an insane smile the entire day that day. I've got it nailed down now.

On the day of the fan expo, when the video was taken, I wasn't as good at smiling, but either way you couldn't really tell because I was talking to pretending to be a serious reporter.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-11-19, 08:24 AM
Here are a few annoncements (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUjzG2JkXyw) I've made regarding the Comic Reviews I've been doing.

Basically, I'm trying to turn it into a show, but I want everybody's opinions on what should be some of the aspects of the show.

Comet
2010-11-19, 10:07 AM
The music is awesome, don't change it! I think I'll have to Google this Bela Fleck stuff, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Character name... eh, I don't think those are that cool, unless your character really has a discreet and easily identifiably personality.
Show title, I have no idea. Go with something simple, so that people can search for your videos without having to type in three lines of text.

A suggestion for the actual reviews: more reviewing, less "and then this happens, and then this, and then this, and check out this page and finally the book ends like this". I remember your reviews so far being pretty spoilertastic, which gives everyone very little reason to actually go out and buy the comics you recommend.

Threeshades
2010-11-19, 01:38 PM
Here are a few annoncements (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUjzG2JkXyw) I've made regarding the Comic Reviews I've been doing.

Basically, I'm trying to turn it into a show, but I want everybody's opinions on what should be some of the aspects of the show.

I can draw title cards, but I'm not making commissioned art without payment anymore.

That eddiminus guy who keeps commenting on your videos, that's me by the way.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-11-19, 02:01 PM
That eddiminus guy who keeps commenting on your videos, that's me by the way.

Good to know. I will respond to the comment you left under that name.

And idea I have about the background music. If you manage to fill out the video with your own presence, background music won't be needed at all. It's hard to explain how to do it. Well you do know other reviewers, they go through a wide spectrum of emotions speak fast enough but not too fast and don't take breaks unless it fits. Don't get me wrong, you're good already, but you could be better. And it would render the background music unnecessary.

I understand what you mean. The background music originally, back when I didn't think I'd ever put this up on Youtube at all, was put in because I didn't feel like my casual improvised review had enough presence in it. Now I feel like I have increased my prescence considerably with the other two reviews (and will continue to do so when I truely establish that it is a character I'm portraying with a different name) but still, going from background music to no background music still strikes me as boring. I know it's unnecessary, but I still think it's a good idea. :smallsmile:

Keveak
2010-11-20, 02:42 PM

Hmm, I should probably say something about the music first since I'm the guy who was scared by it.

I think it has something to with my inability to tell background noise from talking noise (It's all the same, man!) which caused the beats of the music to constantly disrupt my attention, not so much in this video, though. maybe it was just a little too loud in the last video for me? I don't know, my expertise is in The Beatles not Bèla Fleck :smalltongue:

I'd say you should go with Banjoker for the character name, and maybe something alliterate for the title... Or maybe "Banjoker and the Vest of Insecurity!" :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-11-27, 07:28 PM
Okay, now I know I'm gonna recieve some flack for THIS video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpvX1ZFBpGE)! :smalltongue:

Just in case anybody is wondering how this sketch came to be, NO it didn't involve drugs. At the fan expo, we observed how many people dressed up as Waldo, and at all the weird costumes that look like products of drug use. This made us come up with a bunch of obnoxious and stupid jokes, leading to this video. :smalltongue:

Keveak
2010-11-28, 05:56 AM
Okay, now I know I'm gonna recieve some flack for THIS video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpvX1ZFBpGE)! :smalltongue:

Just in case anybody is wondering how this sketch came to be, NO it didn't involve drugs. At the fan expo, we observed how many people dressed up as Waldo, and at all the weird costumes that look like products of drug use. This made us come up with a bunch of obnoxious and stupid jokes, leading to this video. :smalltongue:

The last few were pretty funny, mainly because they weren't real drugs.

But I still have to do this, don't worry, it's not personal

*Hits with megaton hammer with the words "Drugs are bad" written on it*

But all in all, the first part was a bit creepy but the rest kind of makes up for it :smallsmile:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-12-04, 11:26 PM
Alright. Got some new videos up for you guys.

Part one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIdiVIBaC_0) and part two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu8HVpMhcHU).

Also, the title of the show is now called Vest of Insecurity, whereas the character is now known as Banjoker.

Enjoy! :smallsmile:

Threeshades
2010-12-06, 08:51 AM
i think you can still improve your presence and delivery on that.

Also while i can understand that you didn't remove the music, you should at least turn it down a bit so it isnt louder than your voice. At the moment the backrground music is more like foreground music. I heard more of the music than of the review.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-12-07, 07:23 AM
i think you can still improve your presence and delivery on that.

Also while i can understand that you didn't remove the music, you should at least turn it down a bit so it isnt louder than your voice. At the moment the backrground music is more like foreground music. I heard more of the music than of the review.

Darn. I was worried about that. In my editing software, the music is down as far it it will go (though I could've brought my voice a little louder), but the problem lies on my speaking voice at the time. At the time I was worried about bothering everybody else in my house by yelling to much and speaking too loud. Like, for example, when I punch the book, you can tell I'm whisper screaming. That's because my mother was studying for her PhD in just the next room.

Looking back, I realize I should've then just filmed it when I was alone in the house and wouldn't have to worry about that, as it's not really an excuse for producing a poor video. It's not like I have a deadline to meet or that anybody cares even if I miss it (at least not yet anyway).

In future reviews, I will choose to do them when nobody else is around, and hopefully the quality will vastly improve as well. Thanks for your imput. :smallsmile:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-12-08, 07:28 AM
Also, my beautiful voice is going to feature in a friend-of-mine's big YouTube project! Here's the trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwHQmRgtOBc).

Green-Shirt Q
2010-12-12, 08:47 AM
If anyone's interested, here's a silly little video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTUv0zzAvtQ) that some classmates and I made for a school project real quick.

Keveak
2010-12-12, 09:19 AM
If anyone's interested, here's a silly little video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTUv0zzAvtQ) that some classmates and I made for a school project real quick.

Two things spring to mind for me.

1. That's hilarious.

2. I want that costume O_o

Good job :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-12-23, 09:37 PM
Anybody wanna see Santa Claus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z71PEKOsNg)?

Threeshades
2010-12-24, 09:10 AM
This video is so unavailable that I can't even see it over a proxy

Green-Shirt Q
2010-12-24, 12:18 PM
This video is so unavailable that I can't even see it over a proxy

Youtube has told me after I uploaded it that, because I put Run-DMC's "Christmas in Hollis" as a song in the background at a couple of points in the video, that it would be unavailable in some countries. Maybe that's the problem. I don't really know how to fix it except to take out the song and re-upload it.

I'm sorry. :smallfrown:

But don't worry, you're not missing much. :smalltongue:

[EDIT] Okay, I just learned that's it's not available ANYWHERE. At all. Run-DMC and the record companies are jerks. :smallsigh:

I'll take the song out and try again.

Threeshades
2010-12-24, 12:56 PM
Youtube has told me after I uploaded it that, because I put Run-DMC's "Christmas in Hollis" as a song in the background at a couple of points in the video, that it would be unavailable in some countries. Maybe that's the problem. I don't really know how to fix it except to take out the song and re-upload it.

I'm sorry. :smallfrown:

But don't worry, you're not missing much. :smalltongue:

[EDIT] Okay, I just learned that's it's not available ANYWHERE. At all. Run-DMC and the record companies are jerks. :smallsigh:

I'll take the song out and try again.

Germany is always the first country to make a video unavailable when there's copyrighted music in it. I can't even watch some videos that were posted by the original owner of the song in it. That's why I found myself a youtube proxy.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-12-26, 09:34 AM
Let's try this again, shall we? (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdsNM2Mb-i4)

Green-Shirt Q
2011-01-03, 09:16 PM
I woulda got these ones up sooner, but Youtube was being sucky.

Anyway, here's the latest Vest of Insecurity part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VzmZW_UYo8) and part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Af8B04tTJ8).

I would've had another review up (and it was a GOOD one, too!) but there's been some technical difficulties. It'll be finished soon.

Keveak
2011-01-05, 08:54 AM
I woulda got these ones up sooner, but Youtube was being sucky.

Anyway, here's the latest Vest of Insecurity part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VzmZW_UYo8) and part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Af8B04tTJ8).

I would've had another review up (and it was a GOOD one, too!) but there's been some technical difficulties. It'll be finished soon.

You have a T-shirt with your studio name on it?! O_O

I want that too! Even if I don't have a studio! :smalltongue:

The video(s) are great, now I kind of want to read Batman Vampire. :smallsmile:

By the way, I think people are talking about the Rob Liefield Deadpool whe they say he was bad originally.

He was apparently a Deadstroke copy back then, hence the mask and name.

Then competent people got him.

Now he's awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2011-01-06, 03:24 PM
By the way, I think people are talking about the Rob Liefield Deadpool whe they say he was bad originally.

He was apparently a Deadstroke copy back then, hence the mask and name.

Then competent people got him.

Now he's awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Here's the funny thing I realized when reading the books, though. The Pouchmaster (Liefeld) NEVER wrote Deadpool. He just came up with the concept and made the art for his first apperence in New Mutants #98. Good ol' talented Fabian Nicieza wrote the actual issue, contrary to popular belief. That's what I was talking about.

I thought Nicieza did a really good job with a crap concept in that issue and made it funny enough. I really can't be the only one who thought "Think you broke my jaw. I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!" and "How about I rehabilitate myself in a prision in the Bahamas?" to be funny lines.

Also, thanks for the compliment. :smallsmile: And FYI, if you can find it, Tales of the Multiverse: Batman-Vampire is an AWESOME read (but really if you keep close in mind that it's in an alternate reality, because if not it could get kind of sad at some parts. Not to spoil anything). I'm right now reading it for the second time start to finish since I first got it. :smallbiggrin:

Threeshades
2011-01-07, 01:58 PM
I think youre really getting better at this. I really enjoyed this one, and that's saying a lot, given that top 10/5/11/439/whatever videos are everywhere since christmas.

Also while you're talking about Rob Liefeld, I think that guy is an insult to every halfway talented artist whose application was turned down by a mainstream comic publisher.

Keveak
2011-01-07, 05:35 PM
I'm quarterly talented, does that mean I insult Rob Liefield? :smalltongue:

I wonder if The Pouchmaster will ever turn up on Vest of Insecurity?

Also, Pouchmaster sound way more silly than Liefield so that will be his name from now on.

Threeshades
2011-01-07, 08:17 PM
How about Pouchy McAnatomicnightmare?

Or the Anatomabominable Pouchman?

Green-Shirt Q
2011-01-07, 09:30 PM
I'm quarterly talented, does that mean I insult Rob Liefield? :smalltongue:

I wonder if The Pouchmaster will ever turn up on Vest of Insecurity?

Also, Pouchmaster sound way more silly than Liefield so that will be his name from now on.

I've only read a small amount of his work, and while he sucks I actually do kind of enjoy it in an ironic, retro-loving sort of way. All the 90's "BLOOD-KILL" style is hilarious with the right mindset. Like a "so-bad-it's-good" movie. Plus, his later artwork in stuff like "The Deadpool Corps" can actually get fairly decent at certain times.

And, if I ever am able to personally get a hold of any books written by The Pouchmaster, you can pretty much GUARANTEE that it will be on Vest of Insecurity at one point. I'm DYING to get some Pouchmaster books. I'm even thinking of saving up so I can buy this somewhat expensive Youngblood collection. :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2011-01-08, 09:06 AM
So, yeah. Another video is up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMVYZn_mc84). It's a new show written and performed by my friend.

However, it turns out that the video is blocked in a ton of countries (available in a few others, though) because the music of Tenacious D was added (Christ, I will NEVER understand how this whole copyright thing works. Why would anybody want people from other countries not buying their music?) Because of this, the music is probably going to change pretty soon. I just need to ask what my friend would rather have as a theme song. :smallsigh:

If you have any suggestions of awesome metal music that isn't blocked in a ton of other countries, please let us know. :smallsmile:

Keveak
2011-01-08, 03:04 PM
So, yeah. Another video is up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMVYZn_mc84). It's a new show written and performed by my friend.

However, it turns out that the video is blocked in a ton of countries (available in a few others, though) because the music of Tenacious D was added (Christ, I will NEVER understand how this whole copyright thing works. Why would anybody want people from other countries not buying their music?) Because of this, the music is probably going to change pretty soon. I just need to ask what my friend would rather have as a theme song. :smallsigh:

If you have any suggestions of awesome metal music that isn't blocked in a ton of other countries, please let us know. :smallsmile:

They want you to buy it and think that having any way of hearing it for free to cost potential customers. Especially when they can hear it for free before it is sold in their country. Why buy what you can hear for free? :smallsmile:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Beethoven's Last Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb71glw5wUA), Night Castle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibvo-I_rZjc&playnext=1&list=PLA2D501C5770412A1&index=20)and some of their Christmas stuff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFLOh44P5z0)and some of Domine's songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxVw5FpZgxc) are both awesome and unblocked.

Hope they're useful. :smallsmile:

Threeshades
2011-01-08, 04:09 PM
Dammit! Can't see it due to Sony content :smallmad:

Let me get out my proxy, which means horrible video quality...

Keveak
2011-01-08, 04:26 PM
Dammit! Can't see it due to Sony content :smallmad:

Let me get out my proxy, which means horrible video quality...

Neither can I due to gnomes... And maybe Sony, I don't know. They sell cellphones and Playstations here IIRC.

Unfortunately Proxy does not ring any bell with me except with synonyms for foxy, care to explain what it is while immitating Tony Stark? :smallsmile:

Threeshades
2011-01-08, 04:30 PM
My Tony Stark impression isn't very good. Proxy is when you tell somebody to forward a website to you through their IP so the website thinks its that IP where the video is being viewed.

That usually doesn't work with youtube for some reason unless you use a specialized youtube proxy. the one I'm using is hidemyass.com

Keveak
2011-01-08, 04:36 PM
Aww, mine's very weird but I don't know how to tell if it's good.

Those sound kind of agaisnt the rules.

Then again, IP adress detecion on websites sounds like an invasion of privacy to me as well so I guess they cancel each other out and equal tofu dance. :smalltongue:

Tofu dance is always the answer.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-01-08, 11:14 PM
Look, I'mma gonna get another song. In fact, we're even planning on making our own original music from now on so we don't have to worry about this ever again. Until we're able to do that, though, I'm going to reupload this video with one of the songs Keveak suggested.

Eventually. I would've done it today, but my friends and I were out celebrating in honour of my birthday. I can't do it tomorrow because I got homework I should probably get started on. But soon.

Keveak
2011-01-09, 04:26 AM
It's your birthday?

Congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

And woohoo! I'm helpful!

Green-Shirt Q
2011-01-15, 10:42 PM
So, yeah. Here's something stupid we filmed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTQmQ0uKkq4). Just some leftover footage from the shooting of the Feeling Dead sketch and we were just having some fun in the make-up.

Keveak
2011-01-16, 03:43 AM
We have spider nets and those spinny things!

Granted, you can actually stand on our spinny things and I have never seen a web like the twisted ones...

But they're still fun!

Nie review, very funny.

Especially Garth at the end.

His name was Garth, wasn't it? It was kind of hard to hear.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-01-16, 07:50 AM
We have spider nets and those spinny things!

Granted, you can actually stand on our spinny things and I have never seen a web like the twisted ones...

But they're still fun!

Nie review, very funny.

Especially Garth at the end.

His name was Garth, wasn't it? It was kind of hard to hear.

Well, his character's name is Garth. His actual name is Brandon.

I accidentally used the names of our characters from the first video game review we ever did (despite the fact that we didn't really show any of the traits from that sketch) so we just continued using those names during the video.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-01-17, 07:03 AM
Another video is up. Same kind of thing, just outtakes and behind the scenes from the Feeling Dead sketch. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKAeYbXhwUk)

Green-Shirt Q
2011-01-27, 07:39 PM
Hey, folks. I know I haven't put stuff up in a while, but there'll be a lot of good stuff coming out pretty soon.

Here's something pretty cool, though. Here's a trio of videos featuring an awesome band I know, The Yootjammers, that I shot when they were performing at a special banquet a while ago. Here's part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XOyZWbA30k), part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtg_gUdKTL4), and part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn0vQSYArvg).

Green-Shirt Q
2011-02-05, 02:05 PM
Oh hey. I got another comic review. One I did with my cousin, who does Gun Nuts films (http://www.youtube.com/user/MovieHunter1888).

The video is in three parts. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUlJyHNnFzM) they (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv3lfZVp7a8) are (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqvge1jcRbg).

Also, I added annotations to all my videos, provided links to the next parts in multiple parters, for extra convience! And playlists on my channel to look a touch more professional.

Also, while am I fully aware I have a long, LOOOOONG way to go before I'm even slightly on par with the popular reviewers, I think I'm improving! I think I'm on my way! What do you guys think? Any constructive critisism for me to help me improve even more? Any thing you guys would like to see me do or do better in future reviews?

Green-Shirt Q
2011-02-13, 08:33 AM
Here's another video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yqFzB-Typ4)! This one was made by another friend of mine, originally for a school project, but it's been re-edited for Youtube.

Apperently, he tried to put it up once before and it was taken down by Youtube, so we had to remove the sound from the actual music video discussed. A link is provided at the beginning, though.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-02-28, 06:49 PM
Yeah. So it's gonna be a short while before my next review. It's all finsihed and everything, but it got it's sound cut out from Youtube because of copyrighted music and I had to take it down. It seems like Béla Fleck and the Flecktones are not quite as indie as I originally suspected. This means I will have to find a replacement theme song as well as cut out my background music.

I have hired a band to wirte me a theme song, but it's going to take a couple weeks.

It'll be GREAT when I finally have it done, though. It was scripted, rehearsed, and there's a sketch in it too instead of just a review. It's by far the most work I've ever put into a video thus far.

Until then, here's a little animated short (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0XMbqhkE-o), as well as a Knuckles Review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrP7scRgKcE)I forgot to advertise here put up a week ago.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-03-05, 07:40 PM
I have hired a band to wirte me a theme song, but it's going to take a couple weeks.

So yeah...Quick update for anybody who cares. The garage band I hired cancelled on me. CANCELED! After I offered to pay them actual money and I even showcased them on Youtube! The nerve! :smallsigh:

I think I found a pretty good replacement song, though. A song I'm almost 100% sure Youtube will be okay with me showing, so the episode will be up very shortly.

In the meantime, here's a video my brother and I made about his home-made guitar amp (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNPr-bfUmps)!

Green-Shirt Q
2011-03-07, 04:10 PM
So, uh, yeah. Comic reviews are up. Here's part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byAHjMbjKIM) and part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSURyEPcE9c). Put a lot of work and went through a lot of trouble, so I hope you enjoy.

Should I just stop posting these announcements here? Because the amount of posts in order is kinda embarrassing.

Keveak
2011-03-08, 03:09 PM
That. Was. Hilarious. XD

I'm a bit sad you didn't review more of the book, one chapter is a bit short, but the awesome certainly makes up for that. :smallsmile:

The scary part is that Otaku-mangaiah (I couldn't hear it clearly, sorry :smallredface:) is right about it not being the most fanservice heavy non-hentai manga out there. :smalleek:

I vote you keep the announcements, it makes it easier to comment without a Youtube account. Viva laziness! :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2011-03-17, 07:55 AM
Alrighty then. The announcements stay. Just for you, Keveak. :smallwink:

Speaking of which, new Vest of Insecurity video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWn8viDZOhU). I admit it's not much. It's more or less filler to give me more time to prepare for a couple of other, huge, theatrical reviews I'm planning

Keveak
2011-03-17, 03:15 PM
Hooray! I feel special! X3

It was pretty good, a shame they didn't make the show. :smallfrown:

Looking forward to more Theatrical! reviews. :smallsmile:

Green-Shirt Q
2011-03-27, 06:28 AM
Okay. Wanted to get a review up, but had a small technical difficulty...

In the meantime, here's a little something I made! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwIR67pch1w)

Keveak
2011-03-28, 01:34 PM
Why do I not have that game? It looks hilarious! XD

Even your footage is fun, can't wait for the review! ^_^

By the by, what is that song you use at the beginning and end? I keep hearing it but I can't figure out what it is. ^_^'

Green-Shirt Q
2011-03-28, 05:15 PM
Why do I not have that game? It looks hilarious! XD

Even your footage is fun, can't wait for the review! ^_^

By the by, what is that song you use at the beginning and end? I keep hearing it but I can't figure out what it is. ^_^'

You can see it in the credits. It's called Hide and Seek and it's by Imogen Heap. It's a song famous for being played after a gunshot on the show The OC, getting parodied on SNL and Youtube picked it up and ran the joke into the ground.

For future reference, any song I use will be in the credits of the video it was featured in.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-04-16, 07:55 PM
Yo, hey. You might notice Serious People Studios hasn't updated in a while. School is a bitch, and it REALLY wasn't a good time to try and begin a story arc in my review show that takes so much effort and time to edit.

Here's something you should watch, though. Fire Fight Last Stand (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwDVmUVC0HU), a beautiful stop-motion movie done by my good buddy Joe "Moviehunter1888" Balent. Myself and two others from the Serious People Studios crew lent our voices to it. Watch it and give it your support because it is a masterfully well done movie I can't praise enough.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-04-17, 06:35 AM
Oh hey, there's also this little something (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ39k4q4lQo)I made to tide my subscribers over. Just some haikus and limericks I wrote. About superheroes.

Keveak
2011-04-17, 08:41 AM
Hilarious, although some of them sounded a tad badly read aloud in my humble opinion.

But that's just me. :smallsmile:

Green-Shirt Q
2011-05-07, 06:52 AM
Man, it's been a while since I made another video.

Because it's been so long, I decided to put up another vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os-iK8rAXeo) explaining why it's taken me so long and why it's going to continue to take long for a little while...

Plus a small, stupid animation I did. :smallbiggrin:

Also, in other news, today's apperently International Free Comic Book Day! I'm going to attempt to get coverage of that, plus coverage of this "Walk of the G20" thing I'm being dragged to (The G20 was a time when a whole bunch of the world's leaders gathered in Toronto a little while ago, and there was apperently a lot of riots and police brutality. I don't know what this event has to do with it exactly, but I think it's just a tour of the interesting stuff that happened that day). So...Yeah.

[EDIT] Turns out I couldn't really get coverage of either of those things. (I forgot to bring my camera to the comic stores that gave out free comics and people dressed up as super heros, and the G20 walk was so goddamn boring I didn't feel like filming it and putting you guys to sleep)

Also trying to make another Vest of Insecurity (taking a while because, while I did shoot the footage before getting acne, a bunch of footage was lost making me need to reshoot it, which will take a little while to do while I wait, plus I need the time to edit it). Plus another 8 Steps to Awesome Hell, with it being packaged with the first one with a modified soundtrack so that international dudes can see the pilot as well.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-05-08, 02:05 PM
Oh hey, you guys know Youtube Poop (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouTubePoop)? Yeah, I made one, sort of (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd9VGCEHDv4). First time trying something like this, really, but it was fun to make at the least.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-05-24, 02:54 PM
New video. A promo for Season 2 as well as a quick semi-Vest of Insecurity video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG9MUft0V_U). Figured I'd make something to advirtise and set a date as to when I'll be making videos again. The end of school. Hopefully sooner, but that's as soon as I can promise.

Oh, and if anybody remembers when I said there was a theatrical, sketch-like Vest of Insecurity episode coming soon that contains huge amounts of special effects and plot elements and will be probably twice as long as usual reviews? Yeah, this wasn't it. That's still to come. Obviously.

Keveak
2011-05-25, 04:19 PM
Interesting, very interesting indeed. I have but three comments, though:

Looks like some good reviews are coming up, especially the stuff about Lanterns and villains. :smallsmile:

I am horrified that two of those ccharacters are worse dancers than me. :smalleek:

And of course, why so serious (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5rDVIUC9z4)? :smallamused:

Green-Shirt Q
2011-06-26, 09:06 AM
Finally back for season 2...I think. :smallconfused:

Can everybody see this video? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HznzP65ZhFE)

Green-Shirt Q
2011-06-30, 06:44 AM
Yo, no new review, but I made another Youtube Stupidity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4RRT4edBkw)out of boredom the other day.

You may be seeing a lot more of these. See, my camera broke down and, while it's still under warranty, it needs more time to be repaired. Now, as you can see from the trailer I released, I have already filmed a ton of stuff, but I need to edit it all. However, I have no idea how long it will take for my camera to be fixed, so I might run out of stuff before then.

Worst case scenario, I need to buy another camera because Panasonic doesn't honor the warranty and claim that whatever is wrong with it isn't covered, which means I'll have to save up my pennies to get a new one. I'll just make lots of animated videos and Youtube Stupidites in the meantime if that happenes.

Cizak
2011-06-30, 12:18 PM
I don't follow this, so might have missed it, but what is the difference between Youtube Poop and Youtube Stupidity?

Green-Shirt Q
2011-06-30, 12:23 PM
I don't follow this, so might have missed it, but what is the difference between Youtube Poop and Youtube Stupidity?

The fact that I make them.

And I dislike the word "poop".

That's pretty much it.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-07-09, 09:59 AM
Alrighty. I finally managed to finish this long review. This has definetely taken more effort then any of my previous projects. I hope it shows (though it probably dosen't), because a lot of things were a pain in the butt to do and required a lot of long editing blitzs to get done as soon as it did.

Here it is:

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p-Jf0V8zng)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw3u21u_Fi0)
Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOBXyY8K22c)

I'm not going to make my next review as long, that's for sure. :smallsigh:

Keveak
2011-07-09, 12:20 PM
So far it looks pretty good, but I do not own a single Lobo comic.

So thumbs up for the five minutes I saw! :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2011-07-18, 10:48 AM
New review up! My friends and I review the Green Lantern movie! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcYWyEfQWEY)

Also, if anybody is wondering why there is a lull in the video production recently, it was a combination of my camera getting broken (it's fixed now, under warrenty), me losing my camera charger (I have now found it), a whole ton of household chores I gotta do, and my recent addiction to Team Fortress 2. Luckily, most of those problems have been fixed, so I'll get some videos up later this week probably.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-07-25, 09:29 AM
Here's another video. Let's Play Dead Rising! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uly7E_12Sf0)

I also got 4 videos in the works, so more stuff's coming up really soon. :smallwink:

Green-Shirt Q
2011-07-31, 06:34 AM
New video up! The Garth and Quin Show: Episode 2!

I'm in a hurry, so I don't really have time to provide a link. I'm sure you guys can find it. Cheers! :smallwink:

[EDIT] I'm back! Here's the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRJcSrja95U) to the video if you really need it.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-08-08, 07:38 AM
Now I have uploaded the videos of my journey to Conbravo to catch a glimpse of the Nostalgia Critic, Angry Joe and Spoony! Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UY3Nqg1UCc) and Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xq1jdVddds)!

Keveak
2011-08-09, 02:13 PM
Awesome costume, awesome videos, awesome con, awesome interviews, awesome questions.

All that I missed was me not being there, accursed Pacific Ocean! When will your horrors end!?

Green-Shirt Q
2011-08-14, 06:58 PM
Howdy folks. New reviews up. Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn5yO-yLqzk) and Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItqPOUOKefk). Enjoy.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-08-16, 08:40 AM
Hey. Another video up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOGMToUF9kw). This one another Youtube Stupidity.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-08-26, 09:35 AM
Hey guys! New video up! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q4Z1vqlvg4)

Heading down to Fan Expo tomorrow, so expect some more just-for-fun coverage!

...Wait, I did that last year! That means I've been doing this for at least a year now!

I'm kinda choked up and also slightly disappointed. :smallfrown: I think I have put together some kind of clip show or something to celebrate a year sometime soon...

Keveak
2011-08-31, 12:58 PM
Nice episode, especially Quin's punishment for pre-ordering the game. :smalltongue:

And yes, you need a clip show. With silly hats and possibly an even sillier setup. Keveak has spoken!

Green-Shirt Q
2011-09-01, 01:55 PM
Hey everybody. New video up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru7VnlZSyLM).

It's an ad for Serious People Studios, but is also letting you guys know about the Facebook page I was bullied into making. It's Serious People Studios, so look for it on facebook and send friend requests or whatever if you want. I admit I don't know the "Like Button" from "The Wall" from "My @ss".

You can also look for me on Facebook, which is Nathanel Azevedo. If you do send a friend request, put your real name on this thread as well so I know whether or not I should accept the request. Don't think that me friending you actually makes us friends or anything, either.

Keveak
2011-09-03, 02:36 PM
That was a pretty funny trailer, although it seemed a little slow and dragging at one point. Thus, next one must have super-high speed jokes that go by so fast yo get motion sickness from looking at it, to even it out! :smalltongue:

Or possibly just more of Banjoker and the adorable plushies. That black one actually made me imagine a mirror-universe Banjoker being the villain instead of the moustache-sporting guy whose name I never caught. :smallsmile:

I must make fanart of that now!

Green-Shirt Q
2011-09-03, 09:54 PM
That was a pretty funny trailer, although it seemed a little slow and dragging at one point. Thus, next one must have super-high speed jokes that go by so fast yo get motion sickness from looking at it, to even it out! :smalltongue:

Or possibly just more of Banjoker and the adorable plushies. That black one actually made me imagine a mirror-universe Banjoker being the villain instead of the moustache-sporting guy whose name I never caught. :smallsmile:

I must make fanart of that now!

It's okay. I've never said his name. I'm currently in the process of making a video which says his name, but I've been making it since, I dunno, 4 months ago maybe? It might be a while longer before it comes out...Either way, I don't think he's cleverly written enough to earn the right of having a name anyway...I'm really considering using him in my videos a lot less (I only really have him on anymore when my friends think it would be a good idea).

I agree that it was a little slow (I thought that to myself as well) so I'll improve the next one. The next Meet The trailer will definetely showcase another character, though. Anybody have any preferences which one should be next?

P.S: The plushie is from Zero Punctuation (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation), a major influence of mine long before I even heard of TGWTG. It's currently the only show online I've personally purchased merch from, so that should say something.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-09-04, 07:00 PM
Hey folks. New video up from my good buddy Knuckles! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1CVOflloTI) Check it out. :smallwink:

Green-Shirt Q
2011-09-13, 01:01 PM
Hey folks! After much procrastination and a few technical and upload problems, I FINALLY finished My Fan Expo 2011 videos! Here's Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNiK8TqaNys) and Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULKFgzqWTTk)!

I'll also be putting up videos like mad because I got a lot of backlog and I need to make space on my computer for future videos.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-09-17, 08:23 AM
Second part of the Dead Rising Let's Play with my cousin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4FM8UbXduo). I was sitting on it for a while because Let's Plays are easy to edit and I wanted to have something during a dry period of videomaking sure to happen now with school, but I have to make room on my computer for other stuff. SO I'll but uploading a lot of little things like this for a bit.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-10-12, 06:16 AM
It's been a bit of a while since my last video. Here's a new Youtube Stupidity I made (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvEQ2CpeuJk).

I have been a taking sort of a mini-hiatus to get settled into school, but be aware that more videos are coming your way! I got a halloween special about to be filmed (it's going to be pretty elaborate) and a new Vest of Insecurity in the scripting process. So more stuff coming soon, even if Iit might not come out very quickly. I don't know.

Green-Shirt Q
2011-10-30, 02:50 PM
Finally did it, gang! I have uploaded my super halloween special short film (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3G3HV9FEYU) to Youtube despite countless technical issues before Halloween! Huzzah!

While I still have homework to deal with, this should free me up for a lot more video making now that this is out of the way. In fact, we got another sketch in the making, 2 comic review videos in the scripting videos and quite possibly a new show starring two good friends of mine.

Great times are ahead, my friends.

Also, 50 subscribers. Sweet. Never thought I'd see the day.

Keveak
2011-11-01, 11:00 AM
Interesting concept, and nice PSA ending there.

Although I must say, you punch like a herring. :smalltongue:

I will now return to lurking and awaiting the upcoming videos.

*Keveak away!*

Green-Shirt Q
2011-12-10, 09:04 AM
Wow. Haven't posted a video in a while. This is because of homework, addictive videogames like Batman: Arkham City and Saints Row 3, and because of my university application, so I'm dedicating most of my energy to my portfolio.

However, here's a new video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=achyiGJJJkI)! It was for a school project, but I think it doubles as something Youtube worthy.

I'm gonna be making my university portfolio movie (which, although 90 seconds long max, has to show off all my cinematic and writing genuis), but sometime soon I'm going to try to make a couple of fun little videos with the possibility of a new VoI. Stay tuned!

Green-Shirt Q
2011-12-21, 07:09 AM
New video sketch! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGWi4S2eVOI) This one just a collection of improvised jokes my friends and I came up with for a few days.

Keveak
2011-12-23, 02:30 AM
Well, if Batman approves, then it must be a good idea! He's totally sane and reasonable! :D

Also, remind me never ever to let you near the captain's seat of any boat I'm on. Ever. :smallmad::smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2012-02-05, 08:52 PM
New vid sketch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y2DkOesxVQ). An extended version of something I made for my university application. I'm quite proud of how it turned out.

I know it's been a while, and I apologize. But I got something really cool coming your way. A brand new series, which I think has the potential to be funnier, more original, easier to produce, higher production quality, and better than VoI would ever be. In fact, if it goes as well as I think it'll go, it'll probably take over as the main series for Serious People Studios. So look forward to that!

Green-Shirt Q
2012-02-17, 09:18 AM
New video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS8yQhW8_ZA) The pilot of the new series. This is going to be a great series. Already filmed two other episodes.

Even if you don't know Team Fortress 2, this should be pretty entertaining. The purpose of this first episode was mainly to inform anybody what they need to know before going into the rest of the episodes.

Green-Shirt Q
2012-02-19, 08:46 AM
Second epsiode already out! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIfE7K0XieA) This only took a couple hours to edit, which was a lot shorter than I thought! Expect to see episodes fairly often.

Green-Shirt Q
2012-03-01, 07:08 AM
New video! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmB6zacERps) I had the footage for this for a little while, but couldn't find the time to edit it with a play I had to perform. Now that's over and done with (and because this only took an hour to edit) the new episodes should come a little faster.

Keveak
2012-03-06, 04:21 PM
Oh hey, I completely lost this thread during the CompZomb uprising! These will be perfect for celebrating not being killed by undead Apple products!

*Watches last four videos*

... Well, laughter is not an Apple product! X3

*Dies laughing and reanimates as the new gen 2 iZombie*

Quite honestly, these are great. Keep them going. :smallsmile:

Although I do wonder who... Simmons? is, but there is probably an unApp for finding pyromaniacs outside the gender binary. :3

Green-Shirt Q
2012-03-11, 12:39 PM
New episode of Ask Dat Scout! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9AA3fCK7z8) Now I think I'm finally ready to ask for subscriptions, likes, and give links to other episodes (which I'll do starting next episode)!

Green-Shirt Q
2012-03-17, 04:28 PM
I got a new episode up! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jex0MY7yaB8)

Green-Shirt Q
2012-03-24, 10:03 PM
Once again, new Ask Dat Blue Scout! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2tjsQlD9RI)

Also, if you're wondering if I'll ever do any comedy sketches again, or any comic reviews again, the answer to the latter is "mostly likely probably not". As to the former question, I recently got involved in a sketch writing and performing troupe that's coming to Youtube hopefully soon, so I probably won't be releasing my regular comedy sketches on Serious People Studios anymore, and put them up there when it goes up. Anything I do by myself, like Ask Dat Blue Scout, will be on the regular Serious People Studios channel, though.

Green-Shirt Q
2012-04-15, 06:01 AM
So new video up. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksDqIeE6Dls) This one made for a school English project, but it seemed fit to put it up on Youtube.

Green-Shirt Q
2012-05-01, 06:58 AM
New Ask Dat Blue Scout! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETbaCug_MZo) It took a lot of time because of procrastination, but at least it's a big episode.

Green-Shirt Q
2012-06-24, 10:41 AM
New Ask Dat Blue Scout (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enzreQU2H3E) vid up!. And with the Summer rollin' here, I got all the time in the world for new vids! Expect a lot of content to pour in! :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2012-07-01, 10:43 AM
New ADBS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Njjxdp4bU) up on the channel, if you're interested.

Dr.Epic
2012-07-04, 12:05 PM
Any chance I can get in on this? I animate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTkLR016dCA). Please?

Green-Shirt Q
2012-07-04, 07:03 PM
Any chance I can get in on this? I animate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTkLR016dCA). Please?

Get in on what? What do you mean? :smallconfused:

Dr.Epic
2012-07-04, 07:26 PM
Get in on what? What do you mean? :smallconfused:

On what you people do.

Green-Shirt Q
2012-07-04, 07:44 PM
On what you people do.

Still don't quite follow. You want to animate my videos? You want to do the same Q&A shtick? What? :smallconfused: