PDA

View Full Version : Feats for and intelligent construct (Force Golem)

EvilJames
2010-10-01, 04:49 PM
I am building an advanced Force Golem ( We just kind of home brewed the cost of advancing it since the rules were not supplied) However now I need to pick 2 more feats for him and I'm not sure what would be good.

Part of me wants to give him martial weapon prof: long sword, and then make him a brilliant energy long sword. But that might be more amusing than effective. If there are any feats that could be used to enhance his push ability that would be great I just need to know what books they are in.

Darrin
2010-10-01, 05:22 PM
If there are any feats that could be used to enhance his push ability that would be great I just need to know what books they are in.

Pulse (Sp) is a ranged touch attack followed by a Strength check, so feats that help either of those would work. They already start with Point Blank shot, but the range of the pulse (60') and the number of times they can use it (Sp = standard action, I believe) is fixed, so a lot of the ranged attack feats aren't exactly going to help. Getting a bonus on the Strength check could be tricky... although it's treated as a bull rush for resisting, it's not explicitly called a bull rush, so something like Improved Bull Rush or Jotunbrud won't help without some houserules. Would Quicken SLA work woth Push (Sp)?

Shape Soulmeld: Mauling Gauntlets (Magic of Incarnum) would give you a +2 morale bonus on Strength checks.

Hmm... might be interesting to allow the Force Golem to pick up Warforged feats, although they already have DR 5/adamantine. Thick-Skinned (Savage Species) can increase that DR by +2, and can be taken more than once.

EvilJames
2010-10-01, 09:58 PM
Thanks magic to buff him is also helpful. Actually how bad of an idea would it be to make him a "Jedi" Golem as I mentioned above?

dgnslyr
2010-10-02, 12:10 AM
Thanks magic to buff him is also helpful. Actually how bad of an idea would it be to make him a "Jedi" Golem as I mentioned above?

A Jedi golem is a terrible idea. How can you be sure it won't fall to the lure of the dark side?

FelixG
2010-10-02, 01:04 AM
A Jedi golem is a terrible idea. How can you be sure it won't fall to the lure of the dark side?

because constructs dont eat and are thus ensured not to fall to the age old issue of "Come over to the dark side...we have candy!"