PDA

View Full Version : A fun level 6 build to play tomorrow? [3.5]

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-08, 11:44 AM
A friend decided to give DM'ing a go and said we are playing tomorrow, right now I don't have the creative juicies to build a character, so I come to the playground for either builds, if you can/want/are able to or just suggestions.

I really don't have anything in mind so feel free to plug in whatever you can come up with.

Since this will most likely be just a one-shot, please refrain from builds who hit the "sweetspot" at higher levels

ECL 6
32 point buy
Access to all books and dragon on case by case basis

Thanks in advance

Saph
2010-10-08, 11:50 AM
Hmm, let's see . . .

For a melee type, I'd go for a fighter/warblade, level progression Warblade 1/Fighter 2/Warblade 3. This gives you a nice selection of maneuvers and a 3rd-level stance. Pick whichever maneuvers you like - Iron Heart and Diamond Mind are my personal favourites.

For a caster, I'd recommend one of the fixed-list casters: Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, or even Warmage (they're not bad at that level). Much quicker to make than a Vancian spellcaster, and probably more powerful at the level 6 mark as they have so many more spells to choose from.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-08, 11:52 AM
Maybe a warmage.... I can probably use versatile spellcaster for more fun :smallbiggrin:

Greenish
2010-10-08, 11:56 AM
How about a totemist? Level 6 is just enough to get you two chakra binds.

Emmerask
2010-10-08, 12:03 PM
Human Psychic Warrior 4/ Swordsage 2

Stats something like:
16str
10dex
12con
10int
18wis (17+1 from level)
9cha

you get a 2nd level power and 2nd level maneuvers, pretty good defense with wisdom to ac + medium armor + force screen.
Overall pretty versatile only downside is that you are a bit starved on the skill side, though Autohypnosis has a billion uses ^^

Feats: Adaptive style is a must have other then that feel free to pick :smallwink:

Keld Denar
2010-10-08, 12:22 PM
I put together a pretty slick Fell Draining Sorcerer not long ago for a game that died out. I don't remember exactly, but it was a Silverbrow Human with Fell Draining and Practical Metamagic (RotD) for Fell Draining. That bumps it down to a +1 level adjustment. Primary attack modes were casting Fell Draining Sonic Snaps vs single targets, or Fell Draining Magic Missiles at up to 3 targets. Could also cast Haste and Fly for combat utility. Simple, yet effective.