PDA

View Full Version : Horror adventures

~Nye~
2010-10-08, 08:49 PM
Hi guys,
It's coming upto Halloween now and I am finally going to unleash a horror adventure to kick off a new campaign. Can anyone give me a few pointers on horror dungeons and ideas? I have read heroes and horror cover to cover, and it's an awesome book, but there are a few Niches that I find myself falling into.
I have come up with concepts for horror campaigns before, but they always end up being quite predictable from my perspective, I ask my friends who don't play D&D they either think my characters are too complex or not conceited enough.
My idea is a mix of Silent hill mixed with creature concept of Alien.

This is my current Idea:
-Town cursed by souls slaughtered in a massacre years ago.
-Strange things have always happened here, but recently things have turned dark.
- Bodies of those killed in the massacre were used in the building of the town church. (Think gruesome stories of tarmac over shallow graves)
-Souls hunger for revenge.
-Villagers disappear act strangely/go mad etc.
-Souls and bodies manifest into a foul creature which tries to kill the PCs.

Please if any of you guys have ideas or suggestions about horrifying looking landmarks, please say. Or if anyone wants to tell me some memorable moments which they have had with their horror adventures, feel free. I look forward to reading them.

Or, if there is a similar horror thread or the like... Please re-direct me.
:smallbiggrin:

Doomboy911
2010-10-08, 10:01 PM
Okay first you're going to want to find your party leader have him touch some magical item. He gets blown back with little damage and he brushes it off. Later
he starts to hear voices someone whispering in his/her ear. A dark spectre appears before him when he's alone and threatens to kill him if he tells anyone it's there. At times it says something might happen and it does, someone falls through the floor and brushes it off. Everyone can hear what you're saying to the leader but when you tell them something terrible is about to happen and it doesn't they wait wondering when it'll come. They're scared to go rushing through a door for what's on the other side every listen check leads to a whisper or footsteps off in the distance. We fear the unknown and we fear our untimely demise combine them and they'll be shaking in their boots of haste.

averagejoe
2010-10-08, 10:05 PM
The Mod They Call Me: Roleplaying games is more appropriate for this. Thread moved.