PDA

View Full Version : Ways to increase movment speed. 3.5

Gettles
2010-10-11, 03:26 AM
For an upcoming game I decided that I'd try to make a character based around movement. So I want do everything I can to maximize my speed? This will be an E6 gestalt game so keep that in mind and I'd rather not have a level adjustment above 1.

My general plan is so far:
Catfolk race
Barbarian and Scout classes
Quick as a character trait.
I also plan on taking the feat Improved Bind Vestige so that I can use Paimon's Dance of Death ability with my insane speed.

Any other suggestions as to what I can do?

Morph Bark
2010-10-11, 03:35 AM
Dash feat adds +5 ft.

The_Admiral
2010-10-11, 03:37 AM
Take the feat Run

DrGonzo
2010-10-11, 03:37 AM
Be a Monk..

The Shadowmind
2010-10-11, 03:46 AM
Animal devotion gives you +5ft speed for every four character levels, up to +30ft at level 20 as a swift action 1minute/day , and other decent effects.
So for the E6, another +5ft.

Dark template, can be gotten through an item gives +10 movement speed.

FelixG
2010-10-11, 04:59 AM
Monk would be a decent choice.

Godless_Paladin
2010-10-11, 05:05 AM
Monk would be a decent choice.

Be a Monk..

Ha. That's a joke, right?

Not only do you get more speed out of a variety of other options, but you can actually do something when you get there.

Forget about stacking up menial feats of +5 feet. Dip cleric and take Travel Devotion (Animal isn't bad either as someone mentioned) and the Celerity Domain and shoot up with Tempo Bloodspikes(they're cheap) to pull 3 move actions and still have a standard or full round. Use buffs like Expeditious Retreat (you get it from the Celerity domain, it increases your base move by +10ft) or, better yet, get a decent fly speed going. Not only do you move FAST, but you can move BETTER, too, with the likes of Freedom of Movement, flight, and making your allies move fast too. And that's without trying... those're just the first possibilities that spring to mind.

Never mind that the whole point seems that he wants to combine it with a Binder vestige and extra damage from the Scout, and taking enough levels of Monk to actually get any speed bonus whatsoever would cut into that heavily. Compare to how much speed you get with a 1 level dip in other classes (for example, Travel Devotion for taking move as a swift action with a Cleric, meaning you can full attack with those skirmish bonuses). Heck, he's getting the same speed bonus as a level 1 Barbarian as he gets as a level 5 Monk.

Dark template, can be gotten through an item gives +10 movement speed.

The item is the Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis for the Dark Template. It's only 10k gp and it's in Tome of Magic, and it gives plenty of abilities that work well for a catfolk scout other than just movement increases. It's a steal.

Leon
2010-10-11, 05:19 AM
Celerity Domain granted power (10ft extra movement in light armour/light load)

Rasman
2010-10-11, 05:23 AM

Not only do you get more speed out of being a caster, but you can actually do something when you get there.

Forget about stacking up menial feats of +5 feet. Take Travel Devotion (Animal isn't bad either) and shoot up with Tempo Bloodspikes(they're cheap) to pull 3 move actions and still have a standard or full round. Take Mobile Spellcaster and you can take a fourth move action in addition to a Standard. Use buffs like Longstrider or, better yet, get a decent fly speed going. As a level 1 Travel cleric you can be moving a good 160 feet and still attacking. Not only do you move FAST, but you can move BETTER, too, with the likes of Freedom of Movement, flight, and making your allies move fast too. What would you ever want to be a Monk for?

Grab a Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis for the Dark Template. It's only 10k gp and it's in Tome of Magic.

Monks are more challenging and less boring, that's why. Not to mention I can blow all my problems up just as easy by wearing a necklace.

Mounted Combat is an EASY way to fly around the battlefield. But for pure battlefield movement on foot, Monks are hard to beat if you want to keep it simple. Also, if you're willing to take just a +2 Template, Half-Dragon gives you a flight speed of double your land speed.

Godless_Paladin
2010-10-11, 05:28 AM
But for pure battlefield movement on foot, Monks are hard to beat if you want to keep it simple.

No they aren't. They only get +20 feet in an E6 game. And that's only if you dump most of your levels into Monk.

Skaven
2010-10-11, 05:29 AM
Only thing I can think of otherwise..

Centaur, wear horseshoes of speed, take dash + run?

FelixG
2010-10-11, 05:29 AM
3 level dip for a few bonus feats +10 speed and perfect 3/3/3 saves? Not a bad trade...especially in a gestalt game

Snake-Aes
2010-10-11, 07:01 AM
A catfolk cleric (celerity + something) with travel devotion and quick should have an easy 50' speed with one minute per day of "you can move your speed as a swift action". With travel domain he can also get another 10' for a hour/day without magic items (longstrider), plus a mini freedom of movement effect.
Since it's gestalt you can even take a cloistered cleric without loss to a barbarian side. Barbarian and Scout are the first contenders.

Emmerask
2010-10-11, 07:17 AM

Not only do you get more speed out of a variety of other options, but you can actually do something when you get there.

If you are good at optimizing (or at reading/finding guides) you can make pretty solid builds with a monk base :smallwink:

Morph Bark
2010-10-11, 07:30 AM
Forget about stacking up menial feats of +5 feet.

E6 = feats to spare. :smallamused:

Godless_Paladin
2010-10-11, 07:31 AM
If you are good at optimizing (or at reading/finding guides) you can make pretty solid builds with a monk base :smallwink:

Please enlighten me as to what that has what to do with enhancing the OP's Paimon's Dance Scout/Barbarian, other than dumping 3-5 levels (out of the 5 he can take, or 6 if LA buyoff is available) for a paltry +10 move speed?

I mean seriously, you have to go for 3 levels in Monk before you get a worse version of the +10 speed the Barbarian gets. Likewise, you get more than +10 feet from just one level in Cleric.

E6 = feats to spare. :smallamused:

True enough. In the endgame, feel free to stack up the menial feats as much as you want :)
Until then, though, focus on the bigger fish.

A catfolk cleric (celerity + something) with travel devotion and quick should have an easy 50' speed with one minute per day of "you can move your speed as a swift action". With travel domain he can also get another 10' for a hour/day without magic items (longstrider), plus a mini freedom of movement effect.
Since it's gestalt you can even take a cloistered cleric without loss to a barbarian side. Barbarian and Scout are the first contenders.

You forgot a piece, because that number's wrong. You get more movement speed than that. At the baseline, he's got 60 feet of movement from the Celerity Domain + Catfolk + Quick benefits. You can further move as a swift action to get into position then either Lion Totem Pounce or Paimon's Dance through people. If you spend an actual feat on Travel Devotion and keep the Travel Domain, you get Longstrider in a domain slot and Freedom of Movement as a free action, thus making your dance of death / pounces pretty much uninterruptable. A single level dip in Cleric also gives you access to cleric wands, and you can easily do things like, say, Fly (Heck, Updraft is a 1st level spell) as well as various means of support.

Dark is definitely solid, grab that for 10k and take advantage of its other bonuses too to get the drop on people, and that raises your base speed (before your buffs) to 70. A tempo bloodspike will get you an extra move action as a free action at 150gp a pop. I'd give more advice, but I'm away from my books, so I've only got what's off the top of my head.

With buffs, well, just 1 level in Cleric (Celerity, Travel) gives you Expeditious Retreat as a domain spell (from Celerity), giving you +30 feet base speed right off the bat, bumping you up to 100. Wands of higher level spells can do even better things.

If you need more than 90-100 feet base speed with pounce, multiple attacks, skirmish, swift action movement (and free action movement with tempo spikes), limited flight, Freedom of Movement as a free action, and cleric spell list utility by level 3, knowledge devotion, and plenty of skill points I can add more (probably a lot more). It's just gestalt is weird and my books are not present.

Coidzor
2010-10-11, 08:04 AM
Hmm, now I'm pondering what kind of fear one could do with that much movement and dreadful wrath on a charge... 20 ft radius from the line that the charge takes... charge through the enemy, overrunning if necessary, and debuffing as you go, possibly setting them up for a never outnumbered+imperious command cowering then panicking combo to disarm them and get them to move away from their weapons...

Snake-Aes
2010-10-11, 08:09 AM
Hmm, now I'm pondering what kind of fear one could do with that much movement and dreadful wrath on a charge... 20 ft radius from the line that the charge takes... charge through the enemy, overrunning if necessary, and debuffing as you go, possibly setting them up for a never outnumbered+imperious command cowering then panicking combo to disarm them and get them to move away from their weapons...

Add swordsage on top and you'd have potential for hilarity with a tornado throw. But that's for another thread :D

Godless_Paladin
2010-10-11, 08:17 AM
Add swordsage on top and you'd have potential for hilarity with a tornado throw. But that's for another thread :D

Swordsage has its own benefits in this thread as well, such as granting concealment as long as you move, being able to Jump as a swift action, ignoring difficult terrain, or very meaningfully boosting your damage on those numerous moving attacks with Burning Blade.

Oh yeah. And a Swordsage, too, will grant +10 to movement speed with a 1 level dip. See Wind Stride Stance. Yet another thing faster than the Monk.

So yeah, add in Swordsage to the mix. You've got Wind Stride Stance for another +10 to base speed whenever or Step of the Wind or Child of Shadows for when you get some other enhancement bonus like Expeditious Retreat that doesn't stack there, and Burning Blade as a swift action will add 1d6+X damage to all your many attacks. Throw in your Knowledge Devotion bonus from Cloistered Cleric on top of that (between a masterwork tool, a Tome of Worldly Knowledge, and a wand of Lore of the Gods you're looking at a +17 to knowledge checks before counting ranks and int, meaning you're getting at least +2 to all attack and damage, and possibly +5)

So then you'd be level 3 and up to about 100 feet of movement, the ability to just ignore grapples or difficult terrain when you feel like it, good accuracy, enough damage to one shot just about whatever at that CR, and the ability to hit many foes. And things like cleric wands for party utility. And tactical versatility. Then you can Paimon's Dance a path of destruction.

Emmerask
2010-10-11, 08:43 AM
Please enlighten me as to what that has what to do with enhancing the OP's Paimon's Dance Scout/Barbarian, other than dumping 3-5 levels (out of the 5 he can take, or 6 if LA buyoff is available) for a paltry +10 move speed?

I mean seriously, you have to go for 3 levels in Monk before you get a worse version of the +10 speed the Barbarian gets. Likewise, you get more than +10 feet from just one level in Cleric.

monk gives you all good saves, evasion, 2 okayish bonus feats (for which you donīt have to qualify), wis to ac, and you can use the sparring dummy of the master, you lose 1 rage, 1 bab and uncanny dodge.

scout6//monk3/barb1/cleric1/swordsage1 (if la buyof)

that should be something around 80ft movement (not sure if monk and swordsage speed bonus stack but I guess they do) 120 with exp retreat and longstrider.

With catfolk you have 3 attacks anyway so the one at +1 from barb is in my opinion not that important and with the cleric dip you lose that anyway :smallwink:

Snake-Aes
2010-10-11, 08:46 AM
monk gives you all good saves, evasion, 2 okayish bonus feats (for which you donīt have to qualify), wis to ac, and you can use the sparring dummy of the master, you lose 1 rage, 1 bab and uncanny dodge.

scout6//monk3/barb1/cleric1/swordsage1 (if la buyof)

that should be something around 80ft movement (not sure if monk and swordsage speed bonus stack but I guess they do) 120 with exp retreat and longstrider.

With catfolk you have 3 attacks anyway so the one at +1 from barb is in my opinion not that important and with the cleric dip you lose that anyway :smallwink:

Almost no magical bonus to speed stacks with a monk's. Longstrider and Monk both provide an enhancement bonus.

Godless_Paladin
2010-10-11, 08:47 AM
monk gives you all good saves, evasion, 2 okayish bonus feats (for which you donīt have to qualify) and you can use the sparring dummy of the master, you lose 1 rage, 1 bab and uncanny dodge. What's Sparring Master of the Dummy?

scout6//barb1/monk3/cleric1/swordsage1 (if la buyof)

Enhancement bonuses don't stack, mate. The Monk contributes NOTHING in terms of speed to that build. The Monk's speed bonus does not stack with Wind Strider or Expeditious Retreat. Things like Celerity domain and Barbarian fast movement DO, because those movement bonuses aren't garbage like the Monk's. Why does the Monk's fast movement (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/monk.htm#fastMovement) not stack when the Barbarian's (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/barbarian.htm#barbarianFastMovement) ability of the same name does? You'll have to ask WotC about that...

3 levels of Monk gives you one of the most useless +10 speed bonuses in the entirety of D&D. 3 levels of Monk is equivalent to Longstrider or Wind Stride Stance. You're using Wind Stride Stance if you don't have time to buff and Expeditious Retreat + some other movement stance if you do.

Emmerask
2010-10-11, 08:50 AM
Ah okay I always thought it was untyped, then monk doesnīt give you any speed bonus in that case :smalleek:
I still think that barb 5 or 6 is pretty much a waste though^^ especially with e6 you get enough bonus feats for more rage anyway.

What's Sparring Dummy of the Master?

its an item from arms and equipment guide (no slot) you get a free 10" step instead of the free 5" step.

Morph Bark
2010-10-11, 08:56 AM
Ah okay I always thought it was untyped, then monk doesnīt give you any speed bonus in that case :smalleek:
I still think that barb 5 or 6 is pretty much a waste though^^ especially with e6 you get enough bonus feats for more rage anyway.

Erm, all the Barbarian suggestions have been for no more than 1 level in Barbarian, so 5 and 6 isn't even necessary here.

Scout gives Fast Movement as untyped bonus at level 3 if I recall right, so if you'd add Barbarian (Lion Totem of course), Cleric, Scout and Swordsage all together in E6, he has no room left for his Binder stuff. Swordsage prolly needs to go out of there then, unless he wants to get rid of Barbarian.

Godless_Paladin
2010-10-11, 09:00 AM
Erm, all the Barbarian suggestions have been for no more than 1 level in Barbarian, so 5 and 6 isn't even necessary here.

Scout gives Fast Movement as untyped bonus at level 3 if I recall right, so if you'd add Barbarian (Lion Totem of course), Cleric, Scout and Swordsage all together in E6, he has no room left for his Binder stuff. Swordsage prolly needs to go out of there then, unless he wants to get rid of Barbarian.

I was under the impression he had some sort of feat to make that work. You'll have to forgive me on that one, I don't actually own a Tome of Magic and have only a fuzzy memory of what Paimon's Dance does.

Emmerask
2010-10-11, 09:01 AM

How much binder does he need for that, I donīt own that book .
And its gestalt e6 :smallsmile:

Renegade Paladin
2010-10-11, 09:04 AM

Doesn't the lion totem substitution (that's the one that gives pounce on a charge, right?) trade out the speed bonus for the substitute ability?

Godless_Paladin
2010-10-11, 09:04 AM
How much binder does he need for that, I donīt own that book .
And its gestalt e6 :smallsmile:

I too do not have a ToM handy and Binders are not my area of expertise, so I could use this information too. I'm just going off memory here... I have no books with me.

What I do know though is that levels in Monk will do nothing at all for you in terms of a fast movement stacking build. A +10 enhancement bonus to speed is worth very little because it doesn't stack with equal or bigger enhancement bonuses to speed that are easier to get.

Doesn't the lion totem substitution (that's the one that gives pounce on a charge, right?) trade out the speed bonus for the substitute ability?

So it does. Still, you don't really need it, especially if you have Travel Devotion.

Coidzor
2010-10-11, 10:30 AM
Doesn't catfolk's pounce count as pounce already? :smallconfused:

Last Laugh
2010-10-11, 11:03 AM
If I remember correctly cat folk pounce isn't so great. I think it only applies against flatfooted enemies and there may be another restriction beyond that.

Snake-Aes
2010-10-11, 11:05 AM

Only against flatfooted opponents. For fights that extend into other rounds, you need lots of workarounds for it to work.

Coidzor
2010-10-11, 11:13 AM
Ah. Seems like you'd want to be a Iajutsu Focus Factotum with all the attendant tricks to get it more than at the start of combat with a godly initiative.

...What do you want to do with all of this movement, anyway, OP?

Leon
2010-10-11, 11:16 AM

It does

Both the Fist of the Forest and Forest Reeve PrCs from Complete Chamption have 1st lvl class featers that boost your speed by 10ft and stack with Fast movement of a Barb

Also Druidic Avenger gives the Fast Movement as of a Barbarian (maybe your could see if you could replace Wildshape with a Domain - Clerity)

Godless_Paladin
2010-10-11, 07:18 PM
Ah. Seems like you'd want to be a Iajutsu Focus Factotum with all the attendant tricks to get it more than at the start of combat with a godly initiative.

...What do you want to do with all of this movement, anyway, OP?

Paimon's Dance + Skirmish + Barbarian + other damage bonuses = trail of bodies as long as your movement speed. You can slaughter a decent sized army that way. I assume that's what he has in mind.

Gettles
2010-10-12, 02:21 AM
Paimon's Dance + Skirmish + Barbarian + other damage bonuses = trail of bodies as long as your movement speed. You can slaughter a decent sized army that way. I assume that's what he has in mind.

You nailed it. Saw the dance ability and decided to see how far I could take enraged skirmish dancing.

Krazddndfreek
2010-10-12, 02:37 AM
Boots of Striding and Springing or Boots of Speed would work well for boosting speed, unless you're already getting an enhancement bonus from somewhere. The spells work as well, if you can slip the casting in for it.

Also, if your DM allows it, take Cheetah Totem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157302) from Admiral Squish's Greater Totem Barbarian ACFs. It allows you to move an extra 5' as a free action, basically 10' for free if you take a 5 foot step. Plus it gives skirmish :smallwink:

EDIT: Not sure what Paimon's dance does, as I haven't looked at the book in a while, but from the sound of it you might not need that little goody. In which case, I might add that it keeps fast movement and you double your base speed while raging.

Gettles
2010-10-12, 03:47 AM
Boots of Striding and Springing or Boots of Speed would work well for boosting speed, unless you're already getting an enhancement bonus from somewhere. The spells work as well, if you can slip the casting in for it.

Also, if your DM allows it, take Cheetah Totem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157302) from Admiral Squish's Greater Totem Barbarian ACFs. It allows you to move an extra 5' as a free action, basically 10' for free if you take a 5 foot step. Plus it gives skirmish :smallwink:

EDIT: Not sure what Paimon's dance does, as I haven't looked at the book in a while, but from the sound of it you might not need that little goody. In which case, I might add that it keeps fast movement and you double your base speed while raging.

Basically, Paimon's dance is what the whole thing is centered on. What is does is, while moving it allows you to make attacks against anyone you pass by. So what my plan is is to get as much movement as I can and thus maximize the amount of attacks possible and add skirmish/rage damage on top of that.

Coidzor
2010-10-12, 05:43 AM
And you're already doing Whirling Frenzy variant Rage?

If not, well, mentioning it now since it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Probably useless for Paimon's now that I think about it from what's been said so far, but I'd have to read through it myself...x.x

Morph Bark
2010-10-12, 05:49 AM
Y'know, this whole thing is pretty much exactly what one of my players tried in my last campaign, although he was (going to be) Gestalted with Warblade 5/Dread Pirate 1 on the other side, since it was a 2-man party.

Didn't have the Quick trait or Barbarian level though, traits and flaws were rolled randomly. But the Catfolk Scout/Binder with Improved Binding for Paimon's Dance of Death deal was there.

Godless_Paladin
2010-10-12, 06:43 AM
You nailed it. Saw the dance ability and decided to see how far I could take enraged skirmish dancing.

You can get other things, like Swordsage Burning Blade or Knowledge Devotion (with a wand of Lore of the Gods, a Tome of Worldly Memory, and a Masterwork Tool for a good chance of +5/+5 to all attack and damage rolls) to increase your damage bonuses on the attack, too. Also recommend taking augment crystals of energy assault, makes it cheaper to get another +1d6 damage on your sword once you already have a +1 property on your sword. Other things include the likes of Strongarm Bracers and a size buff so you can run around with high reach and a huge weapon...

Remember, it's not just the movement speed you want. You want to pack as much hurt into a *single* attack roll as possible. Likewise, another element that you want to add to the build other than actual speed is movement versatility. For example, if you can burrow, fly, ignore difficult terrain, freedom of movement, or any number of other things, those are big plusses. See Travel / Celerity Cloistered Cleric 1 level dip for Knowledge Devotion, freedom of movement free action, +10-40 move speed, the ability to cast things like "Ray of Hope" on yourself, plus the ability to use wands of things like Fly. See Swordsage for Burning Blade and movement-related stances.

This is probably just the tip of the iceberg. I've not bothered to look through my books or anything.

Master Thrower
2010-10-12, 07:07 AM
Levels in Dervish increase movement speed ever other level. unfortunately doesnt seem like what your going for. Dash or run feats?

kestrel404
2010-10-12, 11:28 AM
I'll add my 2 cents and say that both the Feral template (Save Species) and the templates that increase your size (Half-ogre and Half-Minotuar) add 10 feet to base land movement.

In addition, Feral gives you pounce (in addition to a lot of other very tasty things) while Half-Minotaur makes you large (which is awesome for a paimon melee build, as it gives you reach).

Half-minotaur is from a dragon magazine, while half-ogre is from a 3.0 book, as is Feral. GM may not allow these, but if they do, take it.

Mystic Muse
2010-10-12, 11:36 AM
Also, if you're willing to take just a +2 Template, Half-Dragon gives you a flight speed of double your land speed.

Two problems with this suggestion.

1. Half dragon is +3 LA not +2
2. It only gives you a flight speed if you're large sized or larger.

Leon
2010-10-12, 02:59 PM
Absolute Steel Stance from Tome of Battle gives a speed boost and a ac boost if you move more than 10ft

Take it as the Martial Stance feat (requiring a Martial Study feat 1st) if you dont want to play a Initiator Class

Alleine
2010-10-12, 03:20 PM
To get Paimon's Dance of Death ability, you must to take either 5 levels of binder, or 3 and the improved binding feat(Reqs 4 ranks in intimidate). You cannot get the Dance of Death through the soul binding and improved soul binding feats.

For people wondering what Dance of Death does:

Dance of Death allows you to move your speed and make a single attack against each enemy you move past, provoking AoO as normal. Unfortunately, it also explicitly states that you forfeit any sources of extra attacks that stem from feats or abilities, using cleave and haste as examples.

kestrel404
2010-10-12, 06:26 PM
OK, I've given this far too much thought but here's a proposed build:

Race: Feral Half-minotaur Nezumi
(Feral from Savage Species, Half-Minotaur from Dragon 313 p94, Nezumi from Oriental Adventures p13)
Racial attributes: 60' movement, size large, +8 natural armor, improved grab, pounce @ level 4, claw/claw/gore/bite (2d6/2d6/1d8/1d6) for natural attacks, darkvision 60', fast healing 3, +8 str, -2 dex, +6 con, -6 int (min 2), +4 wis -2 cha
Scout 5/Barbarian 1 // LA 2/Binder 3/Cleric 1
Class levels:
1 Scout 1//LA +1
2 Barbarian 1//LA +2
3 Scout 2//Cleric 1
4 Scout 3//Binder 1
5 Scout 4//Binder 2
6 Scout 5//Binder 3
(+10 movement at levels 2, 3, and 4 for a total of 90' before magic items)

Feats: Power attack, @3 Improved Binding, @5 Improved Initiative (or Combat expertise?), @6 Improved Skirmish
Cleric domains: Celerity (+10 ft move, already added) and War (Weapon proficiency and focus for spiked chain)
Between the spiked chain, reach from large size and Paimon's dance of death you can hit everything in a 60' by 110' rectangle. Once per 5 rounds. For 6d6+str*2 damage plus up to +8 damage from power attack.
You can also use Whirlwind attack, but without the Skirmish bonus it's pretty inferior, but you can at least use it every round.
Put away your spiked chain to hit a single opponent and you can pounce/full attack with 4 attacks - which is pretty impressive in an E6 game by itself.

Hope that helps.

Godless_Paladin
2010-10-12, 06:28 PM
Change that to Cloistered Cleric for free Knowledge Devotion (and thus an extra +1 - +5 on all attack/damage rolls). As far as one level dips go, you lose practically nothing for choosing Cloistered over normal (particularly if you don't care about gaining heavy armor proficiency from it, which you presumably don't), and you gain some nifty stuff.

Though, good luck getting your DM to go for the Feral Nezumi (mixing Savage Species and Oriental Adventures)... nevermind that you might not really want to roleplay something with Int 4. YMMV.

Anyways, if you want to stick to catfolk, you can get some cool stuff from an extra gestalt level. And hey, if you still want to, say, grow four arms and rip people's faces off with your bare hands you could always find a wand of Girallon's Blessing or something (seeing as you have that 1 level cleric dip and can thus totally do that).

EvilJames
2010-10-13, 11:55 AM
You should also consider the extend legs graft in the Lords of madness, While your at it the flexible spine graft gives you a + 4 init

The Shadowmind
2010-10-13, 12:19 PM
Half-fey is a +2 LA template that gives twice land speed flight speed with good maneuverability.

Person_Man
2010-10-13, 01:18 PM
Suggestions:

1 level of Master of Masks utterly rocks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5266526)in E6, especially when his combos are combined with Dance of Death.
Remember that Dance of Death, while awesome, can only be used once every 5 rounds.
Also remember that Dance of Death tends to suck in dungeons unless you also have a Climb or Fly Speed.
Mountain Spiritfolk: Medium, 30 ft, Climb speed, other minor bonuses. Unapproachable East pg 72.
Incarnate and Totemist are also very strong choices for E6. You can buff movement with the Duskling racial ability, and Cerulean Sandals or Worg Pelt soulmelds. You can get 4ish+ natural attacks with Totemist, or DR 6/magic and 3d6 retributive Fire Damage with Incarnate. The latter is particularly fun with Dance of Death, as you can just choose not to use Tumble, provoke attacks of opportunity from enemies, and watch them fry themselves. More importantly, you can continue to add soulmelds, chakra binds, and essentia with feats, which you continue to add in E6.
Realistically, there's not much of a reason to push your movement speed above the 40-50ish range. D&D combat tends to clump together, especially in dungeons. You can also use a reach weapon or ranged magic/attacks as needed. It's not worth spending Level Adjustment, feats, and class levels to buff movement, when you can easily do so with spells (Alter Self) and a wide variety of magic items.

ranagrande
2010-10-13, 04:22 PM
A Quick Human Barbarian 1/Druidic Avenger 1/Psychic Warrior 1/Wildshape Ranger 1/Fist of the Forest 1/Cloistered Cleric 1 // Scout 5/Forest Reeve 1 can have a base speed of 130ft.