PDA

View Full Version : Good Large Race

Half-orc Bard
2010-10-16, 10:06 PM
I want to play a mounted fighter with an elephant as my mount, I'm looking for a good large race with ECL 2 or less. A non-horrible Cha would be nice, but not needed.

Zaydos
2010-10-16, 10:08 PM
Only one I can think of is Half-Ogre (Races of Destiny) and that has a Charisma penalty still.

Urpriest
2010-10-16, 10:11 PM
Half-Minotaur is considered a little cheesy, but it makes Medium creatures large for +1 LA. It's less cheesy if you think that the template's ability boosts are instead of, rather than in addition to, the ability boosts from going up a size. I think they don't even get a Cha penalty, though I may be wrong.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-16, 10:16 PM
By my reading a Goliath/ Half Giant Powerful builf trait, it lets him mount a huge creature.

Sadly I don't remember the stat modifiers of-hand, but I think the don't have cha penalties.

Urpriest
2010-10-16, 10:18 PM
By my reading a Goliath/ Half Giant Powerful builf trait, it lets him mount a huge creature.

Sadly I don't remember the stat modifiers of-hand, but I think the don't have cha penalties.

Anybody smaller than Huge can mount a Huge creature. Presumably he wants to be large for some other reason.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-16, 10:21 PM
I though you needed to be one size cathegory smaller than your mount to use it effectly.. it seems I misremembered.

Urpriest
2010-10-16, 10:23 PM
I though you needed to be one size cathegory smaller than your mount to use it effectly.. it seems I misremembered.

It's just at least one size smaller. Otherwise they wouldn't have stats for howdahs.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-16, 10:27 PM
It's just at least one size smaller. Otherwise they wouldn't have stats for howdahs.

Pardon my ignorance but what is a howdah?

Ravens_cry
2010-10-16, 10:39 PM
Pardon my ignorance but what is a howdah?
It's a kind of tower/tent for riding on an elephant. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howdah)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-16, 10:53 PM
Oh thanks

>.< now I want to stat up an oliphant rider