PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Vestige Fusion Feats

Xefas
2010-10-16, 10:09 PM
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/SovereignVoid.jpg
Sovereign Void Synthesis
You have been the willing vessel to so many entities, uniting them within your one form, that you have mastered the power to admix certain favored Vestiges while their essence is harbored beneath your flesh.
Prerequisites: The ability to bind both Amon, the Void Before the Altar, and Orthos, Sovereign of the Howling Dark.
Benefits: While you have both Amon and Orthos bound, you may spend a standard action to fuse them together, creating a brilliant display of fire and darkness that erupts around you and burns the glowing image of both Vestiges' seals into the ground beneath you (which continue to smolder for several minutes before fading entirely). While fused, they count as a single Vestige for all purposes (such as the number of Vestiges you may have bound at once), but you must display both of their Signs and you are bound by both of their Influences. If you are not already displaying both Signs, they immediately show themselves.

As a swift action, you may negate either Amon's Darkvision or Orthos' Blindsight for 1 round, channeling the power into the other ability. If you negate Amon's Darkvision, the radius of Orthos' Blindsight doubles for 1 round. If you negate Orthos' Blindsight, the range of Amon's Darkvision quintuples for 1 round.

Whenever you use Orthos' Whirlwind Breath ability, and Amon's Fire Breath is not on cooldown, you may expend Amon's Fire Breath (forcing you to wait 5 rounds before you may use it again) to augment Orthos' Whirlwind Breath in one of the following ways.
-Whirlwind Breath is not expended.
-Enemies that fail their reflex saving throw also take 50% additional damage as fire damage.
-Allies in the area of your Whirlwind Breath are not effected by it, and are instead protected by a vortex of fire. For 1 round, any melee attacks made against effected allies force the attacker to take 5d6 fire damage.

Whenever an enemy's melee attack misses you as a result of Orthos' Displacement ability, you may make an attack of opportunity against them using Amon's Ram Attack.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/AvariceSlayer.jpg
Avaricious Slayer Synthesis
Prerequisites: The ability to bind both Aym, Queen Avarice, and Eligor, Dragon's Slayer.
Benefits: While you have both Aym and Eligor bound, you may spend a standard action to fuse them together, creating a brilliant display of fire, frost, and lightning that erupts around you and burns the glowing image of both Vestiges' seals into the ground beneath you (which continue to smolder for several minutes before fading entirely). While fused, they count as a single Vestige for all purposes (such as the number of Vestiges you may have bound at once), but you must display both of their Signs and you are bound by both of their Influences (Aym's and Eligor's Signs must both appear on the same hand). If you are not already displaying both Signs, they immediately show themselves.

At the beginning of each round, you choose Fire, Cold, Electricity, Acid, or Sonic. This becomes the elemental type used for Aym's Halo of Fire and Resistance to Fire abilities, plus Eligor's Chromatic Strike. The element for Eligor's Chromatic Strike is no longer chosen in the normal way, and it effects all melee attacks you make in a round with the same element.

As a full-round action, you may shift focuses, either draining Eligor's affinity for mounted combat to enhance Aym's affinity for breaking stuff or vice verse. If you choose to lose the bonus Ride By Attack and Spirited Charge feats granted by Eligor, you instead gain Power Attack and Combat Brute (Complete Warrior) as bonus feats. If you choose to lose the bonus Improved Sunder feat granted by Aym, you instead gain Mounted Combat as a bonus feat. It requires another full-round action to shift your focus the other way or return your focus to normal.

Mounts that you are riding benefit from Aym's Dwarven Step ability.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/TraitorousPyre.jpg
Traitorous Pyre Synthesis
Prerequisites: The ability to bind both Malphas, the Turnfeather, and Ashardalon, Pyre of the Unborn (Dragon Magic).
Benefits: While you have both Malphas and Ashardalon bound, you may spend a standard action to fuse them together, creating a brilliant display of fire and black feathers that erupts around you and burns the glowing image of both Vestiges' seals into the ground beneath you (which continue to smolder for several minutes before fading entirely). While fused, they count as a single Vestige for all purposes (such as the number of Vestiges you may have bound at once), but you must display both of their Signs and you are bound by both of their Influences. If you are not already displaying both Signs, they immediately show themselves.

Malphas' Bird's Eye Viewing ability is altered such that instead of summoning a dove or raven, you instead summon a Wyrmling Red Dragon (it has the Weapon Focus (Bite), Weapon Focus (Claw), and Stealthy feats with 10 ranks in Listen, Search, Spot, Bluff, Intimidate, and Escape Artist, and 5 ranks in Hide and Move Silently). This dragon is invested with demonic energy and benefits from Ashardalon's Fiend's Heart ability.

When you activate Malphas' Invisibility, you may have it effect either you, the dragon granted by this feat, or both of you simultaneously. When you activate Ashardalon's Presence, you may have the cone effect originate from the dragon granted by this feat instead of you.

Malphas' Sudden Strike ability becomes applicable if you and the dragon granted by this feat are flanking your target together, even if the target is not denied their dexterity bonus.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/09-07-2008_09-13-2008.jpg
Material Instigator Synthesis
Prerequisites: The ability to bind both Eurynome, Mother of the Material, and Savnok, the Instigator
Benefits: While you have both Eurynome and Savnok bound, you may spend a standard action to fuse them together, creating an impressive display of flying shrapnel and bits of flesh that erupts around you and cuts the glowing image of both Vestiges' seals into the ground beneath you (which continue to burn for several minutes before fading entirely). While fused, they count as a single Vestige for all purposes (such as the number of Vestiges you may have bound at once), but you must display both of their Signs and you are bound by both of their Influences. If you are not already displaying both Signs, they immediately show themselves.

The damage reduction granted by Savnok's Armor ability and Eurynome's Damage Reduction ability stack (ex. An 8th level Binder would have Damage Reduction 5/Piercing and Lawful).

If you have both the armor granted by Savnok's Call Armor and the warhammer granted by Eurynome's Maul, you may combine the two of them together in one of two forms as a full-round action.
-The first causes the warhammer to disappear. The enhancement bonus of the armor granted by Savnok's Call Armor is increased by the enhancement bonus the warhammer would have had. If the warhammer was adamantine, so is the armor now. If the warhammer was anarchic, the armor's enhancement bonus now also applies to your touch AC.
-The second causes the armor to disappear. The enhancement bonus of the warhammer granted by Eurynome's Maul is increased by the enhancement bonus the armor would have had. If the armor would have been light fortification, the warhammer's threat range is increased by 1. If the armor would have been moderate fortification, the warhammer's threat range is increased by 2 instead. If the armor would have been heavy fortification, the warhammer's threat range is increased by 3 instead. This is factored in after other threat range bonuses such as Keen or Improved Critical.

You may spend a swift action to separate the two items again. If you do so, you may choose for the armor to appear being worn by you, or beside you, and for the warhammer to be in your hands, or beside you.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/GrayShadow.jpg
Shadow Knight Synthesis
Prerequisites: The ability to bind both Andras, the Gray Knight, and Tenebrous, the Shadow That Was. The ability to bind 6th level Vestiges.
Benefits: While you have both Andras and Tenebrous bound, you may spend a standard action to fuse them together, creating a brilliant display of darkness and swirling feathers that erupts around you and burns the glowing image of both Vestiges' seals into the ground beneath you (which continue to smolder for several minutes before fading entirely). While fused, they count as a single Vestige for all purposes (such as the number of Vestiges you may have bound at once), but you must display both of their Signs and you are bound by both of their Influences. If you are not already displaying both Signs, they immediately show themselves.

Creatures within the radius of Tenebrous' Deeper Darkness take a -2 penalty on the saving throw versus Andras' Sow Discord if the ally the victim will be targeting is also within the radius of Tenebrous' Deeper Darkness.

If you strike an enemy using an attack charged with both Tenebrous' Touch of the Void and Andras' Smite Good or Evil, and deal damage, you place a terrible curse on them. For the next hour, any critical threats made against them are automatically confirmed. This may be removed with a Remove Curse spell.

The horse granted by Andras' Mount ability benefits from Tenebrous' See in Darkness. In addition, when you activate Tenebrous' Vessel of Emptiness, you may have it effect both you and Andras' Mount simultaneously with only a single use if the mount is adjacent to you. If the mount granted by Andras' Mount dies, you may spend a Turn or Rebuke attempt granted by Tenebrous to gain another daily use of Andras' Mount ability.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/1213725437.jpg
Wretched Torture Synthesis
Prerequisites: The ability to bind both Dahlver-Nar, the Tortured One, and Vanus, The Reviled One (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dd/20060407a)
Benefits: While you have both Dahlver-Nar and Vanus bound, you may spend a standard action to fuse them together, creating a brilliant display of glistening gore and entrails that erupts around you and burns the glowing image of both Vestiges' seals into the ground beneath you (which continue to smolder for several minutes before fading entirely). While fused, they count as a single Vestige for all purposes (such as the number of Vestiges you may have bound at once), but you must display both of their Signs and you are bound by both of their Influences. If you are not already displaying both Signs, they immediately show themselves.

If you have Dahlver-Nar's Shield Self on a willing target, you may end the effect as an immediate action to use Vanus' Free Ally on the target instead. In this case, the effect lasts until the end of your next turn. You may not use Dahlver-Nar's Shield Self again for 5 rounds.

A creature that fails its Will save against Dahlver-Nar's Maddening Moan becomes susceptible to Vanus' Fear Aura for 1 minute, negating any immunity they would have against the effect (including the one granted for having made a successful save in the past 24 hours).

If you deal damage to an enemy from Vanus' Noble Disdain, you may target them with Dahlver-Nar's Shield Self as a free action. If Dahlver-Nar's Shield Self is already on an enemy, Vanus' Noble Disdain applies to them regardless of hit dice.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/GrinningEmperorSynthesis.jpg
Grinning Emperor Synthesis
Prerequisites: The ability to bind both Dantalion, the Star Emperor, and Naberius, the Grinning Hound
Benefits: While you have both Dantalion and Naberius bound, you may spend a standard action to fuse them together, creating a brilliant display of pulsating darkness, accented by red eyes and distant stars, that erupts around you and burns the glowing image of both Vestiges' seals into the ground beneath you (which continue to smolder for several minutes before fading entirely). While fused, they count as a single Vestige for all purposes (such as the number of Vestiges you may have bound at once), but you must display both of their Signs and you are bound by both of their Influences. If you are not already displaying both Signs, they immediately show themselves.

A creature that has failed a Will save against Dantalion's Read Thoughts ability within the last minute becomes especially susceptible to Naberius' Persuasive Words, suffering a -2 penalty on their saving throw to resist. Furthermore, if the target successfully falls victim to Persuasive Words while in this state, they must make an additional Will save (which does not include the -2 penalty). Failing this second save convinces the target that the actions they performed while being magically compelled were their own idea, devoid of foul play, and have no suspicions to the otherwise.

As a full-round action, you may forsake the bonus granted by Dantalion Knows, shifting your focus away from knowledge and funneling the power of the Star Emperor into Naberius. Until you unbind these fused Vestiges, you gain a +8 bonus on all skills affected by your Naberius's Skills power.

When you active the Awe of Dantalion, you may, as a free action, forsake the use of the Disguise Self ability granted by Naberius. By doing so, you assume a portion of the glory of the Star Emperor, as much as Naberius may invest you with, shining with a terrible darkness that awes all things. So long as you continue to adhere to the non-aggression clause of the Awe of Dantalion, its effects persist indefinitely. After the first round, however, creatures may attempt to harm you. Every act of aggression against you requires the attacker to make a Will save. Failure leaves your protective state intact. Success shatters it and forces you to wait 5 rounds before using either Awe of Dantalion or Disguise Self again.

flabort
2010-10-16, 10:42 PM
Must it nessesarily be limited to just those two vestiges?

Cahokia
2010-10-16, 10:46 PM
These kind of feats could add hugely to a Binder's potential. This one looks awesome, and I'm excited to see more in the future.

Xefas
2010-10-16, 10:47 PM
Must it nessesarily be limited to just those two vestiges?

I'm considering doing others. And possibly a generic one that is less powerful, but can be used with any two. This first feat is just a proof of concept sort of thing. Like "Hey, does this sound like a good thing? Is there actual interest in seeing more before I put in the time to write them?".

Zaydos
2010-10-16, 10:57 PM
I'm definitely interested in seeing more of them.

Xefas
2010-10-16, 11:31 PM
These kind of feats could add hugely to a Binder's potential. This one looks awesome, and I'm excited to see more in the future.

I'm definitely interested in seeing more of them.

I appreciate the support, and I'm glad to have a reason to continue, as I do love me some Binder action :smallbiggrin:. Avaricious Slayer Synthesis is up now.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-10-17, 01:08 AM
One issue is the ability to bind many more Vestiges than the class was intended to. Normally you can bind 4 Vestiges at 20th level...with the right feats, these could increase that number to 7, which is a CONSIDERABLE boost in power even without the extra abilities these grant...

Xefas
2010-10-17, 01:31 AM
One issue is the ability to bind many more Vestiges than the class was intended to. Normally you can bind 4 Vestiges at 20th level...with the right feats, these could increase that number to 7, which is a CONSIDERABLE boost in power even without the extra abilities these grant...

It's not the same as just being able to bind any 7 vestiges. I've purposefully matched high or mid level vestiges with low level vestiges as a mitigating factor. In addition, this is costing them feats, which is a precious commodity, as well as the fact that one of the strengths of the Binder is their versatility. If they ever want or need an ability from a Vestige that they don't have the very specific feat for, they'll have to go without entirely for the duration of the occasion, effectively without a feat.

I don't think these feats would even be enough to bump them from Tier 3 to Tier 2.

Also, two more feats up.

The Tygre
2010-10-17, 01:43 AM
This... is awesome. I want to take this material and marry it, then raise a family of more awesome homebrew with it. You can be the godfather.

Xefas
2010-10-17, 01:46 AM
This... is awesome. I want to take this material and marry it, then raise a family of more awesome homebrew with it. You can be the godfather.

I approve. You have my blessing.

Just wait until I get around to that Incarnum stuff. I don't know what I'm gonna do with it, or how I'm gonna do it, but it'll be something! Something that does stuff!

zagan
2010-10-17, 03:56 AM
I really like it, and the ability grant by the feat are awesome but like Djinn i'm concerned that granting them the ability to bind more vestige is too much for the cost of one feat particulary since you gain a number of benefit from it.
Yeah it's restrict to specific vestige but still, I mean that's the sort of ability that I imagine a Prc could grant as a capstone so yeah.
That said I love the idea and it's an excellent work. :smallsmile:

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-17, 06:04 AM
Ohmigoshohmigoshohmigosh these rock!! :smallbiggrin:

Please keep making them, I have a Binder that these will make good use of these. That and Demon Mulan is awesome.

Dead_Jester
2010-10-17, 06:58 AM
These look pretty good. granting more versatility to the Binder. And I don't think that they really imbalance the class because they force you to bind 2 specific vestiges and most abilities require that you sacrifice abilities from one or the other.

Overall, a great idea, and I'm looking forward to some of the others.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-17, 10:08 AM
How about giving them a tag like [synthesis] or something and making it so they can only use one at a time if your worried about that.

Prime32
2010-10-17, 10:47 AM
These are awesome. Doesn't Persona have soemthing like this?

DracoDei
2010-10-17, 02:49 PM
How about giving them a tag like [synthesis] or something and making it so they can only use one at a time if your worried about that.

That could be an option. Another would be to simply remove the bit about them only counting as one vestige for purposes of your maximum... or maybe that they only count as one while you actually have them fused (requiring you to be displaying both signs and under both influences)... maybe even a clause about violating the influence ends the fusion, instead of/as well as giving you the -1 penalty. Or maybe it is balanced the way it is, I wouldn't know, I only got Tome of Magic a week or two ago.

PS, I like how you worked in Instant Runes (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InstantRunes).

flabort
2010-10-17, 06:25 PM
Thanks, Draco. :smallannoyed:
I Loooooove it when someone links to TV tropes.
I swear, every time I go there, it takes me an hour, (or more!), and at the end of it I've got a permanent -2 wis, +1 int. Not a fair trade-off.

I don't know what to say about the new feats. The more the better, but I can't really form an opinion of them.

What I'm reading, though, is that (with all of these combos) you can manifest both as normal, with normal benefits, or just one with twice the power, basically, with the added bonus that they only count as one.

I cannot say anything about power levels, or balance, but, I can say the flavor REALLY fits the abilities.

When will you have enough that even a gestalt fighter//binder cannot get enough feats to take all of these...

Cieyrin
2010-10-18, 03:15 PM
Ooo, more Xefas wonderbrew! :smallbiggrin:

I don't see these as that unbalancing, really, given you can't take these till the mid levels and you're locking up one of your vestige slots with those specific vestiges and you're basically out a feat if you don't bind them that day. Yes, if you take a Synthesis feat for a Vestige you already Favor, you'll get a boost but that's what feats are supposed to do, anyways, right?:smallwink:

I look forward to more to come, as I do of more Discipline Style feats which I'm PATIENTLY waiting for more of. :smalltongue:

Xefas
2010-10-18, 04:29 PM
I'm glad these are popular :smallbiggrin:. Shadow Knight Synthesis is up.
I look forward to more to come, as I do of more Discipline Style feats which I'm PATIENTLY waiting for more of. :smalltongue:

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure I'll get around to doing more of those eventually. :smallwink:

EDIT: Some of these combined influences are kind of interesting to think of. For instance, Malphas influences you to become overbearingly obsessively affectionate towards someone until they reject you. Ashardalon influences you to exact horrible bloody vengeance against anyone who rejects you. Heh.

The-Mage-King
2010-10-18, 04:31 PM
Yeah, yeah, I'm sure I'll get around to doing more of those eventually. :smallwink:

*Menacing tone*

Well I hope "Eventually" means soon.

DracoDei
2010-10-18, 05:50 PM
...at the end of it I've got a permanent -2 wis, +1 int. Not a fair trade-off.
Ah, well, I am a wizard, so it works for me... actually, I haven't noticed any Wis reduction... could you explain how this manifests?

flabort
2010-10-18, 06:43 PM
you must have immunity to self-control-affecting effects.
TV tropes is the leading cause of "Crazy" wizard syndrom.
just thought I'd let you know.

Demons_eye
2010-10-18, 08:51 PM
Love this thread, too cool Xefas.

Xefas
2010-10-18, 10:16 PM
Wretched Torture Synthesis is up.

It seems like I spend far too much time hunting pictures for these things (same goes for my Martial Styles). It took me three times as long to find a pic I liked that I thought fit the feat as it did to actually write the thing. And I'm still not happy with the picture for Material Instigator Synthesis, if anyone would like to supply an alternative that also features a dude in full-plate with a hammer.

The Tygre
2010-10-18, 11:10 PM
Hey! A picture's worth a thousand words. Sometimes a picture is what pushes a good homebrew into great homebrew. There's nothing wrong with dolling your stuff up a bit. Hell, even terrible homebrew can look good with a nice coat of paint. All of which leads to the fact that you can now summon JACK OF ****ING BLADES! God, I want to mix this with the Vestige Summoner so bad.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-18, 11:25 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:OQjWTLuHwiuX6M::www.fileplanet.com/fileblog/archives/09-07-2008_09-13-2008.shtml&t=1&usg=AFrqEzdEQnkJWySrfO94TB9PbLIdHSxqGA

Maybe this for Material Instigator Synthesis? Bit small I know, but finding hammer weilders that aren't Dwarves is a challenge.

Xefas
2010-10-18, 11:31 PM
God, I want to mix this with the Vestige Summoner so bad.

I'm not sure how one would do that, but it's certainly an interesting idea.

Maybe this for Material Instigator Synthesis? Bit small I know, but finding hammer weilders that aren't Dwarves is a challenge.

Ah, thanks, I'll put that one up instead. Small though it is, I like it better than what I had.

Edge
2010-10-19, 03:47 AM
I like these a lot.

What's the source on the image for Wretched Torture Synthesis?

Xefas
2010-10-19, 03:49 AM
I like these a lot.

What's the source on the image for Wretched Torture Synthesis?

That's "Jack of Blades", the primary antagonist from the PC game "Fable".

Prime32
2010-10-21, 05:39 AM
Posted in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171823):

Have you seen these (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172251)? I'd like to see these two worked together somehow.

The Tygre
2010-10-28, 10:57 AM
You got any more of these lil' critters planned? Personally, I'm okay with what you got, but it never hurts to ask.

flabort
2010-10-28, 01:34 PM
(s)he said (s)he'd do some generic ones, eventually, too, maybe.
:smallannoyed: Ok. I don't like how that sentence came out.

Still, though. Xefas, do you intend to make a number of hybrid feats equal to half the number of vestiges, period? do you intend to make some involving vestiges you may have already done? do you intend to make one for every possible combination?

Hmm.
How many combinations are possible?
X(X-1), where X is the number of vestiges that exist, I'd guesstimate there being 60 vestiges (including obscure splat books and dragon magazine), so 60(59)=3540.
:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallsigh:

Cieyrin
2010-10-28, 02:58 PM
Hmm.
How many combinations are possible?
X(X-1), where X is the number of vestiges that exist, I'd guesstimate there being 60 vestiges (including obscure splat books and dragon magazine), so 60(59)=3540.
:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallsigh:

Actually, ToM has 33, Draconomicon has 1 (Ashardalon) and there's another 7 online, not counting the epic vestiges, of which I believe there's 4. So, basically we're looking at 41 vestiges, so 1640 possible combinations. About half as many you were suggesting.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dungeons_%26_Dragons_deities#Vestiges

Xefas
2010-10-28, 08:26 PM
You got any more of these lil' critters planned? Personally, I'm okay with what you got, but it never hurts to ask.

(s)he said (s)he'd do some generic ones, eventually, too, maybe.
:smallannoyed: Ok. I don't like how that sentence came out.

Still, though. Xefas, do you intend to make a number of hybrid feats equal to half the number of vestiges, period? do you intend to make some involving vestiges you may have already done? do you intend to make one for every possible combination?

Well, I typically don't have a plan going into these things. I'm probably not going to do 1640, though. I haven't added any more onto these in a bit, 'cause I was working on other homebrew. I threw out two more Martial Styles for that homebrew thread, I did the Warlock Baptisms thread, and I've also been working on a slight revision to make the Warlock more interesting, plus some homebrewed Invocations, plus some alternate Warlock class features, plus some fluff junk, and then there's a whole Incarnum base class I'm working on.

*And* I'm trying to more familiarize myself with Exalted so I can do some homebrew with that as well. So, it's not that I'm just being lazy and not brewing anything - it's just I haven't finished anything to the point of posting it yet.

Xefas
2011-11-22, 02:39 AM
I realize this is a year old, but it's not thread necromancy, I promise. I've actually added content! It's edited into the first post, and reproduced here:

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/GrinningEmperorSynthesis.jpg
Grinning Emperor Synthesis
Prerequisites: The ability to bind both Dantalion, the Star Emperor, and Naberius, the Grinning Hound
Benefits: While you have both Dantalion and Naberius bound, you may spend a standard action to fuse them together, creating a brilliant display of pulsating darkness, accented by red eyes and distant stars, that erupts around you and burns the glowing image of both Vestiges' seals into the ground beneath you (which continue to smolder for several minutes before fading entirely). While fused, they count as a single Vestige for all purposes (such as the number of Vestiges you may have bound at once), but you must display both of their Signs and you are bound by both of their Influences. If you are not already displaying both Signs, they immediately show themselves.

A creature that has failed a Will save against Dantalion's Read Thoughts ability within the last minute becomes especially susceptible to Naberius' Persuasive Words, suffering a -2 penalty on their saving throw to resist. Furthermore, if the target successfully falls victim to Persuasive Words while in this state, they must make an additional Will save (which does not include the -2 penalty). Failing this second save convinces the target that the actions they performed while being magically compelled were their own idea, devoid of foul play, and have no suspicions to the otherwise.

As a full-round action, you may forsake the bonus granted by Dantalion Knows, shifting your focus away from knowledge and funneling the power of the Star Emperor into Naberius. Until you unbind these fused Vestiges, you gain a +8 bonus on all skills affected by your Naberius's Skills power.

When you active the Awe of Dantalion, you may, as a free action, forsake the use of the Disguise Self ability granted by Naberius. By doing so, you assume a portion of the glory of the Star Emperor, as much as Naberius may invest you with, shining with a terrible darkness that awes all things. So long as you continue to adhere to the non-aggression clause of the Awe of Dantalion, its effects persist indefinitely. After the first round, however, creatures may attempt to harm you. Every act of aggression against you requires the attacker to make a Will save. Failure leaves your protective state intact. Success shatters it and forces you to wait 5 rounds before using either Awe of Dantalion or Disguise Self again.
I dunno if I'll do any more of these, but a fellow PM'd me wanting more, and I felt a little inspiration, so I did one. Rather than just PM it back, I figured I'd put it up here and give this a bump for anyone who might've been interested but didn't catch these the first time around.

Prime32
2011-11-22, 08:58 AM
I realize this is a year old, but it's not thread necromancy, I promise. I've actually added content!Woot! And here I thought you'd abandoned 3.5. :smallbiggrin:

TravelLog
2011-11-22, 09:55 AM
Excellent! These feats have so much potential to add to binders.

Wyntonian
2011-11-23, 12:49 AM
I could go all "OMG I LOVE THIS BEAR MY HOMEBREWED CHILDREN", but I could also just post a Me Gusta face and say the same thing.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/small/000/103/740/Me%20Gusta.png?1318992465

That is all.

Cieyrin
2011-11-23, 09:51 AM
I realize this is a year old, but it's not thread necromancy, I promise. I've actually added content!

Incidentally:

Thread Necromancy
Bringing a thread back from "the dead." If a thread hasn't been posted in within the last six weeks, don't reply to it. Start a new topic, if you want to discuss the subject (you are welcome to link to the old thread). If you think it would be better to resurrect an old thread, PM a moderator for that subforum and wait for approval. The original poster of a creation in Homebrew (and only that poster) may revive a creation beyond the six-week threshold without prior Moderator approval.
You were good to go, regardless. :smallwink:

I likes the new content. Good stuff! Like revisiting old friends. :smallbiggrin:

TravelLog
2011-12-31, 10:25 PM
Keep this alive. Binders need love. Also I looked them over and Malphas/Ashardalon is definitely my favorite.

Sypher667
2012-01-01, 12:12 AM
Any chance we could see the Triad used in one of these? Or perhaps Zceryll? Theyre 2 of my favorites.

Note: I bookmarked this forever ago, glad you got back to it. :smallbiggrin:

Eikonos
2012-01-06, 09:51 AM
I would be more than glad if you could try and make an [epic] triple fusion feat ...just sayin' :smallbiggrin: