PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Places Online to Buy TV Shows / DVDs

The Rose Dragon
2010-10-18, 06:58 PM
...with a few prerequisites.

1) I need to be able to watch them in Turkey. So, the DVDs need to be region 2, or whatever online services need to be able to stream to Turkey.

2) English subtitles. Sometimes I have difficulty following the dialogue, so subtitles help immensely. But since I speak only English and Turkish, and Turkish translations miss a lot of jokes, I need English subtitles.

3) Turkish subtitles would be a nice extra for the DVDs in case I want to watch them with my family, but they almost never watch them, so it's not strictly necessary.

Currently, I'm looking for Mad Men Season 1+, Dexter Season 1+, Chuck Season 3+, Castle Season 2+ and Weeds Season 5+. Though I would appreciate suggestions on which series to watch, that's more appropriate for media discussions, I think.

PopcornMage
2010-10-18, 07:23 PM
I think it'd be easier to find yourself a multi-Region DVD player, or even just one you can flash to different region settings.

The Rose Dragon
2010-10-18, 07:30 PM
I think it'd be easier to find yourself a multi-Region DVD player, or even just one you can flash to different region settings.

Here's my main problem with that: I'm going to watch them on my computer. If I'm going to watch them on my computer, I need them to be Region 2, so I can watch them without losing the ability to watch the others (the number of Region changes is limited for some reason).

I do have a player that can play Region 1 DVDs (go imported PS3, go!), but that would mean I can't watch them on my computer without buying a new computer just to watch the other Region.