PDA

View Full Version : homebrew question

VarianArdell
2010-10-25, 12:33 AM
First off, to the mods: if this is in the wrong place, please move it to the right place.

And now, the question. It concerns the following homebrew (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Planeswalker_(3.5e_Class)): After level 12, when you increase the "(L)oyalty point cap", does that increase your total point total by that amount, or the number of points in each color?
Example: A level 12 character with the following point distribution:

(W): 22
(U): 33
(B): 22
(R): 11
(G): 22

gains a level, and is set to gain 12 more points. Would it be 12 to each of the 5 colors, or 12 divided among the 5 colors, or some other option I'm not seeing?

VarianArdell
2010-10-26, 07:30 AM
come on, guys. can anyone help me?

Cidolfas
2010-10-26, 10:42 AM
To be honest, you're using a homebrew class that not many people here are bound to recognize. Your best bet would have been to ask on the talk page of that site directly. Not only that, but I would be wary of a class that has abilities that increase randomly with level; that is rarely a recipe for success.

That said, you might not have been able to get a reply there either. Fortunately, I'm somewhat familiar with that site and that class.

Since your Wisdom is not given, I can try and calculate it. So here goes:

Just from using averages, your Royalty (not 'Loyalty') point cap from levels (without Wisdom) is 51.5 points. So:

22 x 5 = 110

110 - 51.5 = 58.5, which means that I’m guessing your Wisdom score is in the realm of 20 (actually rather low for a level 12 character whose key ability is Wisdom, if you ask me).

Under that assumption, it would seem impossible that you got 12 points at that level, so for now I'm going to assume that your Wisdom score is higher than those calculations would indicate.

Anyway, to finally answer your question after all that rambling, I believe you can distribute the points at each level as long as you don't exceed the cap for any particular one (which is one fifth your total Royaly points, plus or minus some for your favored or hated mana color).

I hope that helps, but you may want to check your math or revise the rule for gaining Royalty points so it isn't so...random.