PDA

View Full Version : The Happy Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

AtlanteanTroll
2010-10-29, 06:18 PM
There always seems to be a lot of depressing threads around here on the boards, and I figured this was could be place to share "joys" and achievements and such. It's better to be happy then tp be sad right?

Morph Bark
2010-10-29, 06:23 PM
I usually am quite cheerful, though not as openly so as to make it sickening. Two days ago I got quite a boost in cheerfulness due to a guy from a comic site telling me I had good ideas for scripts. Still lingering effects from that! Stops me from feeling too overwhelmed by the somberness or feeling like an undertaker, as I am easily affected by other people's moods.

So, happy happy joy joy all!

Blue Ghost
2010-10-29, 06:31 PM
Joy is ever present, even in the midst of sorrow. Having direction in life, knowing that there's a purpose, counting your blessings... and all the little things in between. Knowing there is hope in life, knowing that death is not the end... happiness is a state of being.

DaMidget
2010-10-29, 06:37 PM
I recently moved to Germany because of work, pretty happy about that. They really know how to have a good festival here. :biggrin: Also I'm stepping up my workout program and I am feeling better than ever!

AtlanteanTroll
2010-10-29, 06:38 PM
I recently moved to Germany because of work, pretty happy about that. They really know how to have a good festival here. :biggrin: Also I'm stepping up my workout program and I am feeling better than ever!

Where did you live before?

DaMidget
2010-10-29, 06:42 PM
Where did you live before?

Frederick, MD. It was ok, but I like to switch it up once and awhile, and I have to say it's refreshing to experience a different culture first-hand, plus I get to enjoy it for another three years or so.

Temotei
2010-10-29, 08:35 PM
I rocked an essay in college composition. My teacher read it on the spot and gave it a 9.5/10, which is ridiculously high in his class. Getting anything over 9.0 is pretty great, but he had nothing bad to say about the paper. :smallsmile:

Also, I made macaroni and cheese and watched some Charlie Brown. :smallcool:

Snares
2010-10-29, 08:54 PM
I played some drums today. I listened to a lot of The Flashbulb. I played some more drums.

Yes, I was happy today. :smallcool:

I find it hard to hold onto any negative emotions for more than about half an hour anyway.

Blue Ghost
2010-10-29, 08:56 PM
I rocked an essay in college composition. My teacher read it on the spot and gave it a 9.5/10, which is ridiculously high in his class. Getting anything over 9.0 is pretty great, but he had nothing bad to say about the paper. :smallsmile:

Also, I made macaroni and cheese and watched some Charlie Brown. :smallcool:

Ooh, Charlie Brown! :smallsmile:

DaMidget
2010-10-29, 08:58 PM
Ooh, Charlie Brown! :smallsmile:

I was thinking the same thing. I am feeling the need to go watch some. It has been many years since I have watched any. The need to remedy this is overwhelming. Too bad I'm at work and can't fix the issue until I'm done, only 6 hours to go!

AshDesert
2010-10-29, 09:08 PM
I'm still riding the high from getting accepted to Texas A&M. It's soooooooo nice to be able to just cruise through senior year without worrying about anything other than passing:smallbiggrin:.

Mauve Shirt
2010-10-29, 09:27 PM
I won an owl by eating a donut without my hands faster than anyone else. Goofiness.
Nice distraction from the test I totally failed today. Wait, that's not happy.
Also, I have purple hair. And people seem to think it looks good.

Gullara
2010-10-29, 09:28 PM
Also, I have purple hair. And people seem to think it looks good.

You never had purple hair before?:smallconfused:

:smalltongue:

AtlanteanTroll
2010-10-29, 09:32 PM
I won an owl by eating a donut without my hands faster than anyone else. Goofiness.

A real owl? Please tell me that it was a plushie or something?

Mauve Shirt
2010-10-29, 09:35 PM
It was a beanie baby, not a real owl. Disappointingly. :smalltongue:
Also, I do not resemble my avatar in any way, and this is the first time my entire head's been purple. It's not a bright color, more of a brownish burgundy, but it's still quite noticeably purple. It's an interesting change. I still don't have any proper pics of it, or I'd post one.

Fuzzie Fuzz
2010-10-29, 10:41 PM
Somewhere in the world, a baby just giggled.
This year is supposed to be super snowy because of La Niņa, so there will be snowball fights and cuddling and hot chocolate.
You were once the fastest sperm.

^Things to think about to make you happy. :smallsmile:

AtlanteanTroll
2010-10-29, 10:43 PM
:smallconfused: Isn't only South America effected by La Niņa?

Moff Chumley
2010-10-29, 10:44 PM
The short answer? No (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Ni%C3%B1o-Southern_Oscillation).

RebelRogue
2010-10-29, 11:16 PM
I've been happily married for three months now.
I seem to be finally getting a job.
I'm happy about writing songs for a new band project with old friends.

So I'd say life is pretty good at the moment, for me :smallsmile:

DaMidget
2010-10-29, 11:22 PM
I've been happily married for three months now.
I seem to be finally getting a job.
I'm happy about writing songs for a new band project with old friends.

So I'd say life is pretty good at the moment, for me :smallsmile:

Wow! Congratulations, you really have a happy hot-streak going!

Xyk
2010-10-29, 11:39 PM
I drew a picture of myself hugging a bear. It was lifting me off the ground. It made me happy. I love bears!
:smallredface::smallbiggrin:

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-29, 11:41 PM
I am certainly in love. Clearly. With, like, the coolest man ever :smallcool:

I have a "real person" job. Decent paying, 9-530, and the time goes by so fast I don't even notice it. Forget simple retail, I'm doing something that matters.
Kinda. More than cashiering, anyways.

My friends are the best friends in the world, and two of them (A Lion and a sniperkitty) will love me longer than anyone else in the world, no matter what.

Gullara
2010-10-29, 11:48 PM
My friends are the best friends in the world, and two of them (A Lion and a sniperkitty) will love me longer than anyone else in the world, no matter what.

Sniper kitty is obvious, but a lion? *Ponders*

Lady Moreta
2010-10-29, 11:48 PM
It's Saturday, and I got to sleep in :smallsmile:

Also, just got an email from one of the guys in my D&D group - Summon Human was successfully cast! :smallbiggrin:

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-29, 11:49 PM
Sniper kitty is obvious, but a lion? *Ponders*

Reallife friend. Some people know her from a short stint on the playground, but not many :smalltongue:

RebelRogue
2010-10-29, 11:49 PM
Wow! Congratulations, you really have a happy hot-streak going!
I'm not complaining, that's for sure :smallcool:

Gullara
2010-10-29, 11:50 PM
Reallife friend. Some people know her from a short stint on the playground, but not many :smalltongue:

That's cheating. How did you expect me to guess?

No that you ever asked me to guess...

Trog
2010-10-29, 11:56 PM
There's many reasons I shouldn't be happy I suppose, but...

I am certainly in love. Clearly. With, like, the coolest man ever :smallcool:
Any wonder why I'm deliriously happy and in love anyway? :smallredface: <3

tassaron
2010-10-30, 12:06 AM
I officially have a boyfriend as of today. :smallbiggrin:

Moff Chumley
2010-10-30, 12:09 AM
:smallbiggrin:

I clearly have the most badass girlfriend ever. So there's that. :smallamused:

Elfin
2010-10-30, 12:49 AM
The world is a great place to be. :smallsmile:

Moff Chumley
2010-10-30, 01:01 AM
Yes, yes it is. :smallcool:

Lady Moreta
2010-10-30, 01:04 AM
My husband was reading this thread over my shoulder and just said "Yeah, well I have the awesomest wife ever!"

That made me happy :smallcool::smallbiggrin:

Mr. Moon
2010-10-30, 01:08 AM
Yeah, well...

I have a .gif of a otter I named Saru. (http://epicponyz.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/7286_b9ed.gif)
And I love him.
Yes I do. Yes I do.

I also have a real-life doggy on the couch with me, keeping my feet warm. I love my puppy. =3

Gullara
2010-10-30, 01:32 AM
Yeah, well...

I have a .gif of a otter I named Saru. (http://epicponyz.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/7286_b9ed.gif)
And I love him.
Yes I do. Yes I do.

I also have a real-life doggy on the couch with me, keeping my feet warm. I love my puppy. =3

I have an interweb hamster
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/oots12321/Other/Hamster.png
Kind of a cool feature of iGoogle. :smallsmile:

Deth Muncher
2010-10-30, 01:35 AM
I hate happiness.

[grumps]

Mr. Moon
2010-10-30, 01:38 AM
I hate happiness.

[grumps]

I hate stairs. =I

Quincunx
2010-10-30, 07:18 AM
I love stairs. They're a reminder that I still have the muscle power to climb them.
I also love elevators, even if I am beginning to feel the urge to call them 'lifts' instead, because they allow everyone to get to the upper floors, stairs or not.
I also love escalators, because for a short time, I can be the tall one and look my husband in the eye.
I also love firemen's poles and escape slides, when efficiency joined hands with fun and had children.

Dogmantra
2010-10-30, 07:27 AM
My husband was reading this thread over my shoulder and just said "Yeah, well I have the awesomest wife ever!"

Yeah well I have the awesomest forum wife. :smalltongue:

I hate stairs. =I
I hate vans.

Lady Moreta
2010-10-30, 07:30 AM

My husband is on the forum too :smalltongue:

Dogmantra
2010-10-30, 07:38 AM
My husband is on the forum too :smalltongue:

Did you get married on the forums? Did you get married on the forums three times? :smalltongue:

Lady Moreta
2010-10-30, 07:40 AM
Did you get married on the forums? Did you get married on the forums three times? :smalltongue:

No... not on this forum at least... we actually met on a different forum.

He still proposes to me though, even after almost three years. That makes me happy :smallsmile:

happyturtle
2010-10-30, 08:00 AM
A whole thread just for me? Awesome! :smallbiggrin:

I'm very happy that Social Services has been sending someone in twice a day to help me with bathing and meals. That is making a huge difference for me.

I'm also happy that I have an egg sandwich and a nice cup of tea. Mmm....tea. :smallsmile:

Mr. Moon
2010-10-30, 01:00 PM
Don't let it go to your head, Rival. It's already too big a target.

Am about to go on a Timmies run. Yay doughnuts and hot chocolate! :smallbiggrin:

AshDesert
2010-10-30, 01:25 PM
I'm watching the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear. Stephen Colbert is amazing:smallbiggrin:

AtlanteanTroll
2010-10-30, 01:41 PM
I'm watching the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear. Stephen Colbert is amazing:smallbiggrin:

The whole thing is making me pretty happy.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-30, 01:44 PM

THAT'S ON!? :eek:

...I'm happy for TiVos, and failing that, the internet. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-10-30, 01:46 PM
People are shooting fireworks outside, and my dog is somehow sleeping through it instead of flipping out! This makes me happy!

Also, some happy in a spoiler:
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/129128938137862939.jpg

AtlanteanTroll
2010-10-30, 01:46 PM
THAT'S ON!? :eek:

...I'm happy for TiVos, and failing that, the internet. :smalltongue:

It's been on live without comercial on Comedy Central for the last 2 and 3/4 hours. :smallwink:

People are shooting fireworks outside, and my dog is somehow sleeping through it instead of flipping out! This makes me happy!

Lucky you, my dog is sco scared of fireworkers.

happyturtle
2010-10-30, 01:49 PM
So is mine. I usually have to give her valium during fireworks or thunderstorms.

Gullara
2010-10-30, 01:51 PM
Don't let it go to your head, Rival. It's already too big a target.

Am about to go on a Timmies run. Yay doughnuts and hot chocolate! :smallbiggrin:

I should go on a Timmies run. But I don't know where it is from here.

I really have got to learn this city.

AtlanteanTroll
2010-10-30, 01:52 PM
So is mine. I usually have to give her valium during fireworks or thunderstorms.

I just hug mine, she's warm and fluffy. She's also at least 60 punds, but I deal with it.

arguskos
2010-10-30, 01:53 PM
I hate happiness.

[grumps]
Dammit I'm the grumpy one on the forum! Stop stealin' my thing! :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-10-30, 01:54 PM
Dogs are made of happy. :smallsmile:

Deth Muncher
2010-10-30, 02:25 PM
I hate stairs. =I

I hate vans.

You people are silly.

AtlanteanTroll
2010-10-30, 02:26 PM
You people are silly.

Happiness does that too you. :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-10-30, 02:26 PM
Oh.

I'm seeing Gorillaz tonight.

For free.

^.^

arguskos
2010-10-30, 02:40 PM
Oh.

For free.

^.^
JEALOUS. SO JEALOUS. AUGH.

Deth Muncher
2010-10-30, 02:43 PM
Oh.

For free.

^.^

>_>
<_<

*stab*

Mr. Moon
2010-10-30, 02:44 PM
Desert Bus for Hope is coming up in a few weeks. :smallbiggrin:

Oh.

For free.

^.^

TAKE ME WITH YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Neko-chan
2010-10-30, 02:50 PM
I am moving tomorrow and I will be starting school for Nursing in January.

And I have the bestest fiance ever. :smallbiggrin:

So yeah, no matter how scared I am of beginning something new, I am happy.

AshDesert
2010-10-30, 02:57 PM
Oh.

For free.

^.^

Gah, I hate you:smalltongue:

On another note, my mom just gave me a caramel apple, caramel still hot:smallbiggrin:. So tasty.

Elfin
2010-10-30, 03:16 PM
:smallcool:

Oh, and I've a very cute kitty half-asleep on my lap right now. I love it when cats purr; makes me feel like all is right in the world.

Mr. Moon
2010-10-30, 05:16 PM
Right now, I'm happy because I have ink stains on my fingers from painting. I may hate painting with ink, but I always love to have the marks to show I've been doing art. Makes me feel like I'm doing something. =3

Ranger Mattos
2010-10-30, 05:28 PM
Oh, and I've a very cute kitty half-asleep on my lap right now. I love it when cats purr; makes me feel like all is right in the world.

Especially when you wake up to a cat sleeping on/next to you, and he's purring. Especially especially in winter.

I feel very happy right now. In fact, the only thing that's bringing me down right now is that I have a lab report I should be writing.
Dang you, playground, you're distracting me :smalltongue:

Cleverdan22
2010-10-30, 05:33 PM
I got myself a girlfriend a little over a month ago. I really couldn't be happier. Its just...awesome. She's a ridiculous nerd just like me, and I've already gotten her into OotS.

Worlok
2010-10-30, 05:41 PM
I have tangerine soda. I love tangerine soda. Therefore, today is a good day. :smallsmile:

happyturtle
2010-10-30, 05:42 PM
Apple juice... 100% pure squeezed, not from concentrate...

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/smilies/drool.gif

It's so ridiculously delicious it's all I can do not to drink the entire carton.

Worlok
2010-10-30, 05:44 PM
Apple juice... 100% pure squeezed, not from concentrate...

-Glorious Smiley-

It's so ridiculously delicious it's all I can do not to drink the entire carton.
You take the words right out of my mouth (But not the apple juice! Or tangerine soda.) :smallwink:

Lillith
2010-10-30, 05:49 PM
I'm really happy lately. I finished my test week (no grades back yet though) yesterday. I bought and received two copies of Gunnerkrigg Court comic books. I ordered a pair of amazing shoes on Ebay that will complete my cosplay outfit. And I managed to pass my first time graded essay (I have no experience in writing essays and before this graded essay I had a total of TWO essays written) with a passing grade. Yay. :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2010-10-30, 05:50 PM
Like many people here have said about themselves, I'm happy because I have the best boyfriend ever.

AshDesert
2010-10-30, 07:30 PM
I feel very happy right now. In fact, the only thing that's bringing me down right now is that I have a lab report I should be writing.
Dang you, playground, you're distracting me :smalltongue:

I completely forgot that I also have one to write. Thanks for (accidentally) reminding me:smallbiggrin:.

Also the Rangers are up 4-0, and might actually manage to win a game!

EDIT: And the Rangers win, 4-2. And yes, I'm a massive nerd who happens to like sports, it happens.

Ranger Mattos
2010-10-30, 09:05 PM
I completely forgot that I also have one to write. Thanks for (accidentally) reminding me:smallbiggrin:.

Also the Rangers are up 4-0, and might actually manage to win a game!

EDIT: And the Rangers win, 4-2. And yes, I'm a massive nerd who happens to like sports, it happens.

Your welcome :smallbiggrin:

And incidentally, I don't support the Rangers. I live in Wisconsin.

Mr. Moon
2010-10-30, 09:35 PM
@Ash: You'd be surprised how many nerds are into sports.
I however, am not.

I am, though, aaaalmost finished my ink project. Almost. Just a few more washes. Then I'm finally done with ink painting. :smallbiggrin:

AshDesert
2010-10-30, 09:44 PM
I'm going to the Alliance Airshow up in Fort Worth tomorrow for most of the day, and then going out with my friends for Halloween. At the airshow they have (among other things) the Blue Angels, a demonstration of the F22, and a P51 Mustang aerobatics group. Airplanes are cool.

RebelRogue
2010-10-31, 08:37 AM
I think anyone who plays an instrument can identify with this is some way or another: some days when you pick up the instrument, you feel like you're the worst player to ever touch it in the history of mankind. Other days, you feel like you are a freaking master, capable of whipping out any cool lick or phrase at will. Even though I know the truth is somewhere in between, I'm having one of the latter days today; I feel like my guitar technique is great today.

Also, three month anniversary tonight, which means going out for burgers (good ones) and maybe a movie.

DaMidget
2010-10-31, 10:55 AM
Its my day off, and its a hooah hooah army day! Well, at least the day off part is good, and I have a decent Riesling to make it better! I have to say though any day off is the greatest thing ever.

drakir_nosslin
2010-10-31, 11:12 AM
I managed a 10 ft. diving kong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgIHR9AgYpM&feature=channel) for the first time today, which is something I've tried to do, and failed, for over a month now. I'm a happy man :smallbiggrin:

Now, I'm going to take out the trash before cooking a awesome dinner and relaxing with a good movie and some friends!

Life is good on a sunday!

Mauve Shirt
2010-10-31, 12:16 PM
I'm happy because delicious food!

Dvil
2010-10-31, 01:14 PM
Well, I'm still waiting on the finished version of our first ever band video. So I'm kinda running high on excitement for that.

Ranger Mattos
2010-10-31, 02:16 PM
I'm happy because delicious food!

What kind of delicious food?

Mr. Moon
2010-10-31, 02:20 PM
The Monster Mash is on the radio right now.:smallbiggrin:

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-31, 02:22 PM
The Monster Mash is on the radio right now.:smallbiggrin:

I was happy when I was driving home with a hangover this morning, and the Monster Mash was on the radio...followed by the Ghost Busters theme.

Mr. Moon
2010-10-31, 02:26 PM
Dude.
That is so awesome.

@V: XD Epic.

happyturtle
2010-10-31, 02:26 PM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/3f5fbbe6-d29a-48a7-9085-3c68d0b6b91d.jpg

Mauve Shirt
2010-10-31, 03:13 PM
What kind of delicious food?

Queso. Pumpkin cookies and cupcakes. Soup. Candy.

Mr. Moon
2010-10-31, 03:27 PM
X3
Today is the best day ever.
The radio is playing the new Linkin Park song (yes I like Linkin Park, shush) and I'm buying the new Bigears plushie from Goblins. :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Moff Chumley
2010-10-31, 03:36 PM
Linkin Park. Ew. :smalltongue:

>.>

Anyhow, Gorillaz was awesome. :smallbiggrin:

RabbitHoleLost
2010-10-31, 03:38 PM
Dude, I grew up with Linkin Park. Hybrid Theory was the first CD I ever bought for myself.

And I am SO happy they have a new CD :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Moon
2010-10-31, 04:03 PM
Heh. Minutes to Midnight was my first. :smallbiggrin:

Really liking how my ink painting is going. The light logic looks natural and I've only got a few dark objects to finish before it's done. :smallsmile:

AtlanteanTroll
2010-10-31, 04:16 PM
I get my little kid for Big Brothers Big Sisters (affiliate program) tomorrow. :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Moon
2010-10-31, 04:31 PM
=D That's fantastic, Atlantean! Let us know how it goes!

Cobra_Ikari
2010-10-31, 04:42 PM
Sometimes, I stop and think, and realize how lucky I am to have such awesome friends, here and elsewhere around the internet. That makes me happy.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-31, 04:50 PM
I'll let go of the Linkin Park thing, so long as I hear no mention of Creed... :smalltongue:

Gullara
2010-10-31, 05:40 PM
X3
Today is the best day ever.
The radio is playing the new Linkin Park song (yes I like Linkin Park, shush) and I'm buying the new Bigears plushie from Goblins. :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Well...

Linkin Park. Ew. :smalltongue:

I agree. :smallbiggrin:

AtlanteanTroll
2010-10-31, 05:42 PM
I'll let go of the Linkin Park thing, so long as I hear no mention of Creed... :smalltongue:

Lucky devil. I wish I could go.

Partof1
2010-10-31, 05:50 PM
Well, essentially, I had a bad dream. It was realistic, it was scary.

Then I woke up, was scared for a minute, then realized "Hey, this didn't happen. Life is still good!"

So now I'm happy! Huzzah!

Mr. Moon
2010-10-31, 06:39 PM
Am happy because I bought a glowstick Thursday night for 75 cents and it's still glowing. ^^

cycoris
2010-10-31, 06:51 PM
I got to see my sister briefly this weekend. And carved an interrobang on a pumpkin earlier today. And I get to start writing at midnight! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Kallisti
2010-10-31, 06:57 PM
I hate vans.

...I thought Dogmantra was the one who hated happiness?
Yes, I hang around this forum enough to make jokes based on the now-changed signatures of people I don't even really know. Why do you ask?

arguskos
2010-10-31, 06:59 PM
DAMMIT WHY MUST EVERYONE STEAL MY THING?! :smallmad:

Also, I discovered my camera has a delayed image capture function, so I can actually get pictures of my halloween costume up later tonight and show peoples on this here forum. Also, images of weaponry may be incoming. Ye be warned. And the fact that I haven't shaved in like 3 weeks, to better fit the costume.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-31, 07:16 PM
I'm playing LCD Soundsystem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPIVX44T9Zc&feature=channel) really, really loudly. And that's making me a happy. =3

Mr. Moon
2010-10-31, 08:34 PM
At least five of the trickertreaters who've been to my door so far have been dressed up as Batman. It warms my fangirl heart. =3

Amiel
2010-10-31, 08:39 PM
That each of you are unique snowflakes.

Partof1
2010-10-31, 08:59 PM
I wanna be a unique lightning bolt!

Amiel
2010-10-31, 09:00 PM
I wanna be a unique lightning bolt!

Too flashy :smalltongue:

Partof1
2010-10-31, 09:26 PM
Aw, now sad.

Haha, now I pictured a hippo hugging a polar bear! Is happy again.

Xyk
2010-10-31, 10:01 PM
I'm playing LCD Soundsystem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPIVX44T9Zc&feature=channel) really, really loudly. And that's making me a happy. =3

I saw them live a few weeks ago. It was pretty awesome.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-31, 10:02 PM
*sinks to knees*

CURSE YOU! CUUUUUUUURSE YOOUUUUUUU![/james murphey fanboy]

Lady Moreta
2010-10-31, 11:51 PM
I've just realised the headache I woke up with is gone... about time too.

And it's almost lunch time.

And I have cake.

Amiel
2010-11-01, 12:51 AM
Aw, now sad.

The hippo is going to win; those things are terrifying.

I would like to be a meteor, flashing through the heavens.

Rockphed
2010-11-01, 01:07 AM

That made me happy :smallcool::smallbiggrin:

I hate vans.

I see both Dogmantra and Lady Moreta's Husband are fulfilling the terms of their contracts. And if it isn't in their contracts, it should be.

I also love firemen's poles and escape slides, when efficiency joined hands with fun and had children.

I like the way you think.

Aw, now sad.

Hugging, or fighting to the death? And if fighting to the death, with weapons, or only with their teeth and claws and massive bodies? Any of the above are awesome.

My friends and I had a Poe reading last night, and we turned off the lights and had a flashlight. It was awesome.

Amiel
2010-11-01, 01:14 AM
My friends and I had a Poe reading last night, and we turned off the lights and had a flashlight. It was awesome.

Did any of you quote from "The Raven"?

Lady Moreta
2010-11-01, 01:42 AM
I see both Dogmantra and Lady Moreta's Husband are fulfilling the terms of their contracts. And if it isn't in their contracts, it should be.

He so is :smallbiggrin: He gets bonus points for it too :smallbiggrin:

Rockphed
2010-11-01, 02:06 AM
Did any of you quote from "The Raven"?

We totally read en entire "The Raven" and "The Fall of the House of Usher." Then we all fell over laughing because we decided that Rodrick Usher invented rap. It was glorious.

Dogmantra
2010-11-01, 02:40 AM

DAMMIT WHY MUST EVERYONE STEAL MY THING?! :smallmad:

To be fair, that was Fawkes's diagnosis. According to many I hate fun/everything/them/the Equaliser.

Amiel
2010-11-01, 02:41 AM
We totally read en entire "The Raven" and "The Fall of the House of Usher." Then we all fell over laughing because we decided that Rodrick Usher invented rap. It was glorious.

Very nice!

And someone should totally make a rap version of The Raven; it would be glorious.

Gullara
2010-11-01, 02:51 AM
Very nice!

And someone should totally make a rap version of The Raven; it would be glorious.

I have the overwhelming desire to throw you off a cliff:smallwink:

Deth Muncher
2010-11-01, 03:41 AM
Though I hate happiness, I must mention: Saw Muse the other day with The Clash At Demonhead Metric. It. Was. Legen...wait for it...you'd better not be lactose intolerant because the next part is DARY.

Mr. Moon
2010-11-01, 09:05 AM
I'm happy because we're going to start reading Hamlet in English today. X3

Nevermind. Just had a screaming fight with my brother to get him out of bed. Now I'm upset and angry and hurt and adrenaliny and definitely not happy.

Dvil
2010-11-01, 12:55 PM
My two hours of physics today basically devolved into discussions on Star Trek and Asimov's Three Laws.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-01, 01:10 PM

Nevermind. Just had a screaming fight with my brother to get him out of bed. Now I'm upset and angry and hurt and adrenaliny and definitely not happy.

*snuggles* Feel better.

For the Hamlet inclined, I have two things to say that make me giggle nonstop. The first is imagining Hamlet a la Arnie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evdkh5yv6gA), and the second, due to comments made in class while I studied it, is imagining him as a stereotype emokid. =3

Gullara
2010-11-01, 01:13 PM

Smack him upside the head, that might make you feel better. Always works with me:smallwink:

Worlok
2010-11-01, 01:27 PM
"As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door..." :smallbiggrin: You're right, that would be glorious. Really, now I'm happy. A lot.

Eloel
2010-11-01, 02:16 PM
Both xkcd and QC are awesome today.
Happiness ensues.

Trog
2010-11-01, 02:39 PM
How can you not be happy after reading this (http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/10/god-of-cake.html)? :smallbiggrin:

Gullara
2010-11-01, 03:11 PM
How can you not be happy after reading this (http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/10/god-of-cake.html)? :smallbiggrin:

I know it made me happy. Funniest story I've heard in a long time.

Asta Kask
2010-11-01, 03:32 PM
Cat. In my lap.

Quincunx
2010-11-01, 03:36 PM
A mystery recipe which might produce an untasted treat. My first meringue. Run down to the convenience store and pay 3x a proper price for the misread ingredient. Whisk. Whisk. Whisk. Whisk. Praise the inventor of the electric mixer. Pour. Wait. Hope. Cut. Serve.

The mystery of the grandmother's lost treat recipe, solved. :smallsmile:

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-01, 03:36 PM
A mystery recipe which might produce an untasted treat. My first meringue. Run down to the convenience store and pay 3x a proper price for the misread ingredient. Whisk. Whisk. Whisk. Whisk. Praise the inventor of the electric mixer. Pour. Wait. Hope. Cut. Serve.

The mystery of the grandmother's lost treat recipe, solved. :smallsmile:

You know what would make me happy? You sharing the treat with me. =3

Quincunx
2010-11-01, 03:43 PM
Oo. . .this is going to involve trying to describe it, isn't it.

It's mostly like a vanilla ice cream cake with crumb topping on top and bottom, but with a hint of cream cheese in it. . .easier if you just try some, I think. :smallsmile: (passes over plate, square of treat, and spoon)

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-01, 03:45 PM
Oo. . .this is going to involve trying to describe it, isn't it.

It's mostly like a vanilla ice cream cake with crumb topping on top and bottom, but with a hint of cream cheese in it. . .easier if you just try some, I think. :smallsmile: (passes over plate, square of treat, and spoon)

OMG, that sounds super delicious. <3

Thank you! ^_^

AtlanteanTroll
2010-11-01, 04:45 PM
I get my little kid for Big Brothers Big Sisters (affiliate program) tomorrow. :smallbiggrin:

=D That's fantastic, Atlantean! Let us know how it goes!

Mission accomplished. :smallcool:

:smalltongue:

Yep. It went well. Then again he's 6 years old, and I think it'd be prett hard to get a BAD little kid. I mean, the oldest kids there are 9. Yay not being a menace to society.

:smallbiggrin:

Neko-chan
2010-11-01, 04:53 PM
I am all happy bouncy cause I am in my apartment! I didn't have internet access till about 20 minutes ago, but I am alive and well and enjoying my new found freedom!

*goes off laughing manically*

Also, Trog, that was a hilarious story. I laughed. A lot.

AshDesert
2010-11-01, 05:01 PM
The airshow yesterday was awesome, the F-22 is an amazing piece of machinery. I have a guitar lesson today at 7 (my time). And today wasn't bad, considering the whole Monday thing. AND Halloween was awesome. I've had a good past few days.

Dvil
2010-11-01, 05:16 PM
I bought some superglue today for 80p. I'm therefore happy.

Aniu
2010-11-01, 06:28 PM
Finished my exams and am now on holiday. I am VERY happy! :smallbiggrin:

cycoris
2010-11-01, 06:32 PM
I'm almost a day ahead of my NaNoWriMo wordcount goal and my story is going really well so far. :smallbiggrin:

I got a pair of gorgeous new thigh-high tie-dyed socks from my girlfriend and am wearing them right now. :smallsmile:

I'm listening to Cat STevens. :smallcool:

Edit: And every time I see my avatar I grin.

Xyk
2010-11-01, 07:32 PM
I'm grilling yummy hamburgers. I liked my assigned reading for my English class for the first time in years (The Stranger by Camus). I have plans this friday; hanging out with two cute girls, and later going to a(n American) football game with a different cute girl. What an exciting week!

Mr. Moon
2010-11-01, 07:38 PM
I have orange juice and Hamlet is an awesome play. I'm the only one in my class who's already studied it so I get to pretend to be smart. ^^

Eloel
2010-11-02, 03:45 AM
Our Humanity & Society professor is awesome. She brought in and stringed a Hungarian composite bow.

That makes me happy, since I normally hate the lectures.

Lady Moreta
2010-11-02, 07:54 AM
Our Humanity & Society professor is awesome. She brought in and stringed a Hungarian composite bow.

That is awesome. That makes me happy :smallsmile:

I am happy because the radio seems to be playing good music tonight.

Also because my husband just rang to say he's reached his brother's place in one piece.

Skeppio
2010-11-02, 08:01 AM
Lesse...

I'm leaving my boring dead-end job in one and a half weeks to get a good long R&R before Uni begins next year.

I'm getting good at helping others and being there to listen to them, which in turn makes me feel better about myself.

I've made plenty of friends here (including a few very special friends :smallredface:) and I daresay, I'm getting a bit more known on the forums.

I have someone to talk to every day (a wonderful, awesome friend), which eases the boredom and loneliness I've been gripped with in the past.

So yeah, I'm pretty happy. :smallbiggrin:

AshDesert
2010-11-02, 08:44 PM
I just found out I'm making all A's for the second 6 weeks in a row (Texas is weird, we have six 6 weeks periods, three per semester that are averaged for the semester grade). This is huge for me, since right up until last year I had huge motivation problems that I've finally tackled, and now I'm making the grades I should have been making.

Also, puberty is deciding to make me less socially awkward now. I actually have more friends than can be counted on one hand (first time in years). Senior year is going really well overall, which is quite a bit more I can say than for some of my peers in high school.

Ranger Mattos
2010-11-02, 08:56 PM
I just found out I'm making all A's for the second 6 weeks in a row (Texas is weird, we have six 6 weeks periods, three per semester that are averaged for the semester grade). This is huge for me, since right up until last year I had huge motivation problems that I've finally tackled, and now I'm making the grades I should have been making.

Also, puberty is deciding to make me less socially awkward now. I actually have more friends than can be counted on one hand (first time in years). Senior year is going really well overall, which is quite a bit more I can say than for some of my peers in high school.

Nice. I'm getting all A's too, except for one B+. But that's in a math class 3 grades above, so that doesn't reall count.

Thufir
2010-11-02, 09:14 PM

How is it that following this comment, no-one has yet linked to this (http://xkcd.com/133/)?

Lady Moreta
2010-11-02, 09:33 PM
This thread makes me happy :smallsmile:

I can think of far more things that make me unhappy at the moment, so I'm coming here to get my fix of all things happy :smallsmile:

Mr. Moon
2010-11-02, 11:33 PM
New LRRcast. :smallbiggrin:
*total LoadingReadyRun fangirl*

Worlok
2010-11-03, 11:36 AM
How is it that following this comment, no-one has yet linked to this (http://xkcd.com/133/)?
Well, I had been meaning to, but I couldn't find the comic. Anyway, you're right, someone should have done so. :smallbiggrin:

Trog
2010-11-03, 10:38 PM
Gah! SOOOOO HAPPYYYY! =DDDD <3

Skeppio
2010-11-03, 10:40 PM
Care to share the cause of your sudden delight with us, Mr Trog? :smallsmile:

Blue Ghost
2010-11-03, 10:41 PM
Gah! SOOOOO HAPPYYYY! =DDDD <3

Yesssss.... smile now... the Happiness will take you... :smallamused:

I've been somewhat depressed these days... very unusual for me. But I've been getting closer to all my friends in various ways. Sharing in the company of those who encourage you on your journey... Is there anything more wonderful?
Oh, and I found out today that someone I know is an avid gamer, more so than myself. A pleasant surprise. I invited her to join the Playground; who knows, maybe I'll have some luck this time?

Lady Moreta
2010-11-03, 11:22 PM

Something to do with Rabbit?

Oh, and I found out today that someone I know is an avid gamer, more so than myself. A pleasant surprise. I invited her to join the Playground; who knows, maybe I'll have some luck this time?

Awesome. Hope it works out!

All the swords on display in the You thread are making me happy :smallbiggrin: *drools*

Skeppio
2010-11-03, 11:25 PM
Something to do with Rabbit?

I was thinking that, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Or did I miss something big here? :smallconfused:

Trog
2010-11-03, 11:27 PM

It's not sudden - happens all the time lately. And Rabbit is the cause, as usual. :smallsmile: <3

Lady Moreta
2010-11-03, 11:28 PM
I was thinking that, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Or did I miss something big here? :smallconfused:

Dun ask me... I dunno...

*tackle-hugs Skeppio* You make me happy little brother :smallbiggrin:

also, Trog is being cute and in love, which makes me grin.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-03, 11:29 PM
D'aww. Playgrounder love makes me happy. Both romantic and adopted-familial. =)

Skeppio
2010-11-03, 11:29 PM
:smallcool: Cooool.

It's not sudden - happens all the time lately. And Rabbit is the cause, as usual. :smallsmile: <3

Ah, thought so. Very happy for you, Mr Trog! :smallbiggrin:

*tackle-hugs Skeppio* You make me happy little brother :smallbiggrin:

Aww, thanks. You make me happy too, sis. :smallredface:

It is. We're like one huge family here. :smallsmile:

As for me, I'm happy too. The posts just above this one obviously give me good reason to be. But I also have a really good friend here. One I can talk to about things. One who I chat to all the time, and who gives me the conversation and joy that gets me through an otherwise dull work day. One who I can throw ideas to and think up improvements with. One who I can ask for help from, offer my own help to and whom I can trust. You know who you are, and you're the absolute best! :smallbiggrin:

Moff Chumley
2010-11-03, 11:41 PM
@Trog & RHL: *enormous D'AWW*

Lady Moreta
2010-11-03, 11:55 PM

Yes, I'm in a weird mood today.

I blame it on not enough sleep. Went to bed at the usual time, could not get to sleep. Only consolation was that the husband couldn't sleep either. In the end, we turned the light on and he read from The Two Towers for a while. Fell asleep around 1:30am in the end. And now I am silly-tired and unable to concentrate at work.

Amiel
2010-11-03, 11:57 PM
Yes, I'm in a weird mood today.

I blame it on not enough sleep. Went to bed at the usual time, could not get to sleep. Only consolation was that the husband couldn't sleep either. In the end, we turned the light on and he read from The Two Towers for a while. Fell asleep around 1:30am in the end. And now I am silly-tired and unable to concentrate at work.

Would it also possibly have something to do with sugar? :smalltongue:

Lady Moreta
2010-11-04, 12:07 AM
Would it also possibly have something to do with sugar? :smalltongue:

Actually no :smalltongue: I haven't had any more sugar than I normally do.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-04, 12:30 AM
Shaving with brand new razor blades makes me happy. It's a little thing, I know, but I've been using super dull ones because our store here hides new blades in the weirdest places. Of course, first time with new blades, I always cut myself. >.<

Ah, well. Still, better than taking an hour to get the hair off my face, right?

Amiel
2010-11-04, 12:33 AM
Actually no :smalltongue: I haven't had any more sugar than I normally do.

Virtually sends you some lollies! :)

Skeppio
2010-11-04, 12:34 AM
Shaving with brand new razor blades makes me happy. It's a little thing, I know, but I've been using super dull ones because our store here hides new blades in the weirdest places. Of course, first time with new blades, I always cut myself. >.<

Ah, well. Still, better than taking an hour to get the hair off my face, right?

If it makes you feel any better, I cut myself while shaving about 80% of the time. Not pleasant at all. >_<
Maybe it's time for me to invest in a better blade...

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-04, 12:40 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I cut myself while shaving about 80% of the time. Not pleasant at all. >_<
Maybe it's time for me to invest in a better blade...

It's weird. Most people say they get cut with dull blades, but I never do. It's first time or never. I also only use water when I shave.

Eloel
2010-11-04, 01:04 AM
Seeing everyone happy makes me happy. So, get happy people! :smallsmile:

Amiel
2010-11-04, 01:07 AM
Turn that frown upside down, with helium balloons.
And fun times were had by all.

Boo
2010-11-04, 01:31 AM
Yep. Happy. Won't say why.

Rockphed
2010-11-04, 05:14 PM
Speaking of The Raven, here (http://youtu.be/JQyGWZWqKT8) is a song that is a group reciting it to music.

Mr. Moon
2010-11-04, 05:36 PM
So, I took a break from cramming for my test while I was at school today to go get lunch. Now, my campus has a bunny problem, which isn't so much a problem as totally awesome, because a lot of them are really brave and used to humans, so they have no problem being next to us and letting us "d'aww" over them.
On my way past the courtyard, I found a tiny little blond, baby bunny, just sitting there and chomping on some grass.
The whole campus must have heard me squee.

Skeppio
2010-11-04, 05:42 PM
Moon_Called, I think I heard your squee from over here in Melbourne. :smallbiggrin:

Eloel
2010-11-04, 06:13 PM
Moon_Called, I think I heard your squee from over here in Melbourne. :smallbiggrin:

Chances are, you heard me. Even thinking of little bunnies is squee-worthy. :smallsmile:

Snares
2010-11-04, 06:13 PM
I'm happy!

Don't need a reason.

^-^.

Mr. Moon
2010-11-04, 06:15 PM

:smallbiggrin: *giggles* Probably!

Perenelle
2010-11-04, 08:16 PM
My flute solo for a local contest is going really well.
I made all A's yet again.
I got accepted to participate in an honor band by the beach.
I got nominated and qualified for a residential music/academic camp-thing.
School is great.
I have strawberry cheesecake ice cream.
and my best friend has become the most amazingly wonderful boyfriend in the world. <3

I am happy. :smallsmile:

Skeppio
2010-11-04, 08:21 PM
So many happy people. Makes me happy too. Well, happier than I already am. :smallbiggrin:

Congrats all round!

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-04, 08:27 PM
School is great.
and my best friend has become the most amazingly wonderful boyfriend in the world. <3

Aww, super congratses! ^_^

*snuggles*

Eruantion
2010-11-04, 09:06 PM
School is great.

d'aww :smallredface: I'm glad I can help with that

Ranger Mattos
2010-11-04, 09:06 PM
All this happiness is making me happy.

The only thing ruining my happy is the in-class English essay I have tomorrow. Which I'll be happy if I get a good grade on.

Speaking of which, I should be prepping for that. Dang it playground, you're too interesting. Stop pulling me in.

Lady Moreta
2010-11-04, 10:04 PM
We had morning tea this morning, and we get afternoon tea as well. Food paid for by work makes me happy :smallsmile:

Skeppio
2010-11-04, 10:10 PM
Aww, that's great to hear sis! I'll bet it makes you feel a bit better about your job, for now. :smallsmile:

Blue Ghost
2010-11-04, 10:36 PM
Happiness is sharing in the happiness of the Playground.

Happiness is knowing that people care.

Happiness is a warm hug. (I've been getting more hugs recently than I think I've ever gotten in my whole life.)

((I seem to have gotten this mixed up with the Happiness Is (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159308) thread... Ah well, you can't have too much happiness! :smallsmile:))

Lady Moreta
2010-11-04, 10:54 PM
I am happy because I got a cookie and 5 bonus points for finally getting the right answer in another thread :smallbiggrin:

And that one of my pbp characters isn't going crazy (yet), thanks to another characters dog.

Savannah
2010-11-04, 11:52 PM
I have been inexplicably happy yesterday and today after months of bouncing between depressed, really depressed, and meh. Now if only I knew why and could bottle it for later.....:smallconfused:

Also, it is 9:50 pm, the rest of my family is asleep, and I have cereal! :smallbiggrin:

Also, also:

But I also have a really good friend here. One I can talk to about things. One who I chat to all the time, and who gives me the conversation and joy that gets me through an otherwise dull work day. One who I can throw ideas to and think up improvements with. One who I can ask for help from, offer my own help to and whom I can trust. You know who you are, and you're the absolute best! :smallbiggrin:

:redface: Love ya, too! :biggrin:

Also, also, also, I finally succeeded on my quest to make Skeppio laugh at work today :smallamused:

Skeppio
2010-11-04, 11:59 PM
I have been inexplicably happy yesterday and today after months of bouncing between depressed, really depressed, and meh. Now if only I knew why and could bottle it for later.....:smallconfused:

Well, until you find a way to distill happiness for future use, I'll be there to help you out of the sad times. :smallsmile:

Also, it is 9:50 pm, the rest of my family is asleep, and I have cereal! :smallbiggrin:

Awesome. I've had cereal late at night too, although very rarely.

:redface: Love ya, too! :biggrin:

I was right, you knew who I was talking about. :smallwink: Love you too! :redface:

Also, also, also, I finally succeeded on my quest to make Skeppio laugh at work today :smallamused:

You got lucky! You happened to know one of my favourite jokes and said it while I was on a happy buzz! I will give you the victory however. :smallbiggrin:

Amiel
2010-11-04, 11:59 PM
This image makes me inordinately happy;
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Harry_Whittier_Frees_-_What%27s_Delaying_My_Dinner.jpg

Skeppio
2010-11-05, 12:02 AM
Yeah, that's right Amiel. Lolcats not only predate the internet, they predate the existance of computers entirely. :smallbiggrin:

Lady Moreta
2010-11-05, 12:13 AM
Skep & Savannah are being cute. And cute makes me happy. Therefore I am happy.

'nuff said :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-11-05, 12:14 AM
Seconding the "D'AWWWWWW"-ness of this thread.

Also, Magtok and Elly, in Nexus. So much adorable. :smallredface:

Amiel
2010-11-05, 04:13 AM
This is inordinately adorable; I guess I like the word "inordinately"
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/olivercat.gif

Blue Ghost
2010-11-05, 05:53 PM
Had our poetry cafe in English class today! Poetry makes the world go round!
I got to do a recitation of John Donne's "Death Be Not Proud." Such a wonderful poem. :smallsmile:

Mr. Moon
2010-11-05, 07:29 PM
Today, while I was getting lunch from the campus cafeteria, I noticed they had a bag of a dozen chocolate chip cookies from the cooking class for sale because they were an itty bit stale, and only six bucks.
I'm eating them now. =3

Moff Chumley
2010-11-05, 07:51 PM
Ooh, I walked up to a guy at my school, asked if I could have his sandwhich, and he said "sure" and handed it to me.

Eloel
2010-11-06, 03:23 AM
I'm going to go see a soccer match between "Team Myhometown" and "Team Withabunchoffans" today. That makes me happy.

I'm hoping I get to post a "yay we beat them I'm happy" post later today :smallbiggrin:

Elfin
2010-11-06, 08:55 PM
Ooh, I walked up to a guy at my school, asked if I could have his sandwhich, and he said "sure" and handed it to me.

Nice people are nice.

Even if the niceness is somewhat random.

I'm going to go see a soccer match between "Team Myhometown" and "Team Withabunchoffans" today. That makes me happy.

I'm hoping I get to post a "yay we beat them I'm happy" post later today :smallbiggrin:

Good luck. :smallcool:

Mr. Moon
2010-11-06, 10:50 PM
I have more cookies, great friends, and awesome role-play partners.
Life is good. =3

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-06, 11:31 PM
I have more cookies, great friends, and awesome role-play partners.
Life is good. =3

Always good to hear. *hugs*

Elfin
2010-11-07, 10:13 AM
I have an extra hour to while away in whatever manner I choose.

Probably napping.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 11:38 AM
I get a four-day weekend this week... ^.^

Ranger Mattos
2010-11-07, 12:53 PM
I get a four-day weekend this week... ^.^

The week after this and the next I get 5 day weekends. Each.

In other news, I signed up for my church youth group's lock-in. Twelve hours of video games, Foosball, laser tag, and pizza :smallcool: This will make me very happy.

Lillith
2010-11-07, 05:56 PM
I managed to get tickets for Cirque du Soleil for next Sunday! :smallbiggrin:

Skeppio
2010-11-07, 06:03 PM
Ooh, very nice Lillith. Enjoy the show! :smallbiggrin:

I'm happy too. Only one week left at my job. And Savannah and I MST'ed FATAL over MSN yesterday. Hilarity and revulsion ensued. It was pretty awesome. :smallamused::smallbiggrin:

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 06:36 PM
...how do you MST a game? :smallconfused:

Skeppio
2010-11-07, 06:38 PM
...how do you MST a game? :smallconfused:

Reading through the rulebook. And it wasn't so much an MST as "reading through the book and making fun of how utterly vile it is in every aspect". MST just happened to be the easiest way I could describe it.

Savannah
2010-11-07, 06:43 PM
Trust me, if you read FATAL, you either MST it or your brains dribble out your ears.

It was hilarious, though.

Skeppio
2010-11-07, 06:47 PM
Trust me, if you read FATAL, you either MST it or your brains dribble out your ears.

It was hilarious, though.

I think we hit a median between the two. I dunno though, I forgot to ask you if your brain was leaking too. An amusing, if horrifying read nonetheless. :smallamused:

Moff Chumley
2010-11-07, 06:52 PM
Got it. See, I just wanna know WHY you had a copy of FATAL... :smalltongue:

Skeppio
2010-11-07, 06:55 PM
Got it. See, I just wanna know WHY you had a copy of FATAL... :smalltongue:

Savannah wanted to see what the deal about it was, if I recall.

Savannah
2010-11-07, 07:00 PM
I had heard that it was the worst game ever, but had no idea why. I was bored. So I went looking. Skeppio was just an innocent bystander who tried to warn me away, but tagged along for moral support when I couldn't be dissuaded.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-07, 07:06 PM
I had heard that it was the worst game ever, but had no idea why. I was bored. So I went looking. Skeppio was just an innocent bystander who tried to warn me away, but tagged along for moral support when I couldn't be dissuaded.

I keep getting thrown by the "vastly different locations but sound like besties that hang out in person constantly" thing. >.<

Skeppio
2010-11-07, 07:12 PM
I keep getting thrown by the "vastly different locations but sound like besties that hang out in person constantly" thing. >.<

It's an interesting system, but one I'm glad to be a part of. And it makes me very happy. :smallsmile:
There, I knew I could steer the thread back on topic.

Lady Moreta
2010-11-08, 01:56 AM
I'm happy because I managed to get my hair into a decent french twist with only one hairtie, three bobby pins and no mirror or comb.

It's taken me years to teach myself how to do up my own hair, so this is progress. Plus my hair is at the annoying length where it's just a shade too short to really tie back, but just long enough that leaving it loose is frigging annoying.

Savannah
2010-11-08, 02:02 AM
Ooh, nice! I've always wanted to be able to do a french twist, but my hair's way too long.

Lady Moreta
2010-11-08, 02:04 AM
Heh... I should add that I'm happy it's still up! I put it up around 9am, and it's currently 3pm. Normally my on-the-fly hair styles don't stay up for that long.

Skeppio
2010-11-08, 03:20 AM
Wow, awesome work sis!

Speaking of hair, my hair kinda just fell into a hairstyle I really liked the look of today. It's cool because I never style my hair, and usually it looks like crap, but today it just kinda...worked. :smallbiggrin:

Eloel
2010-11-08, 03:23 AM
Wow, awesome work sis!

Speaking of hair, my hair kinda just fell into a hairstyle I really liked the look of today. It's cool because I never style my hair, and usually it looks like crap, but today it just kinda...worked. :smallbiggrin:

I tend to use the "woke up like this and never touched it" hair style. Seems to work out ok for me :smallbiggrin:

Skeppio
2010-11-08, 03:24 AM
Yeah, I'm just happy because usually my hair wakes up looking horrid.

Lady Moreta
2010-11-08, 03:26 AM
Use a comb :smalltongue:

I have since taken it out, it was giving me a headache. Now I'm just using a clip to keep the front bits off my face. So far it's stayed up *crosses fingers*

RebelRogue
2010-11-08, 08:38 AM
I'm generally happy because of my lovely wife.
Also, tonight is RPG night with friends coming over, so I'm gonna taclord like there's no tomorrow :smallbiggrin:

Lady Moreta
2010-11-08, 10:53 PM
I just got referred to as this:

underestimating the abilities of the Lady Moreta?

on another thread. That just made my day :smallbiggrin:

Blue Ghost
2010-11-08, 10:57 PM
To quote a favorite childhood author of mine: "You need a reason to be sad. You don't need a reason to be happy."

I'm happy because my life is good. :smallsmile:

Skeppio
2010-11-08, 10:58 PM
That's awesome, sis. You have reputation! :smallbiggrin:

Lady Moreta
2010-11-08, 11:34 PM
It's also a little disconcerting... but it still made me happy :smallsmile:

Blue Ghost
2010-11-08, 11:35 PM
It's also a little disconcerting... but it still made me happy :smallsmile:

Ah yes... Back when I didn't have a reputation, I longed to be known. Now that I am well known in the Playground (in some circles at least), it has become a bit disconcerting. But enjoy your fame, Lady Moreta. You earned it. :smallsmile:

Skeppio
2010-11-08, 11:37 PM
Heh, I admit that I often want to be known, often wondering to myself if I am in fact known. But what I do know is, there are people who are happy to see me come on each day, and they mean the world to me. :smallsmile:

Lady Moreta
2010-11-08, 11:41 PM
Ah yes... Back when I didn't have a reputation, I longed to be known. Now that I am well known in the Playground (in some circles at least), it has become a bit disconcerting. But enjoy your fame, Lady Moreta. You earned it. :smallsmile:

Awww, thanks :smallsmile::smallredface:

Heh, I just noticed your location. I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day now :smallsmile:

Blue Ghost
2010-11-08, 11:49 PM
Heh, I just noticed your location. I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day now :smallsmile:

That makes me happy. :smallsmile:
Now "Count Your Blessings" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ox75f3HWBA)... there's a happy song you could get stuck in your head.

I am happy because I have so many wonderful friends who care about me and who support me on my journey. :smallsmile:

Lady Moreta
2010-11-08, 11:53 PM
That makes me happy. :smallsmile:
Now "Count Your Blessings" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ox75f3HWBA)... there's a happy song you could get stuck in your head.

I am happy because I have so many wonderful friends who care about me and who support me on my journey. :smallsmile:

I can think of two songs with that in them... alas, I can't check youtube at work though :smalltongue:

I just helped a woman at work with a problem she was having in Word. Being helpful makes me happy. Continuing my reign as undisputed Word Guru in the Office also makes me happy :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Skeppio
2010-11-08, 11:55 PM
Undisputed Word Guru? I'm gonna have to make you a crown. :smallbiggrin:

Lady Moreta
2010-11-09, 12:18 AM
Awesome, I don't have a crown :smallsmile:

This thread is reminding me of a sermon preached by my pastor at my old church when I was at uni. Don't remember the specifics, but he was talking about a way he used to get out of a bad mood. He was in the shower (why he felt the need to tell us that little gem I'll never know), and kept repeating "I am happy! I am happy!" over and over again.

According to him it really works.

I've tried it myself on occassion, and I will say the sheer silliness of it makes you laugh.

Worlok
2010-11-09, 12:40 PM
"Undisputed Word Guru in the Playground" - Has a really nice ring to it. :smallwink:

AtlanteanTroll
2010-11-09, 03:32 PM
I have the first performance of my play tomorrow, and I'm really psyched, if not really nervous.

Lady Moreta
2010-11-09, 08:04 PM
"Undisputed Word Guru in the Playground" - Has a really nice ring to it. :smallwink:

I'd claim it, but I'm not sure it'd be undisputed.

The office I work in however, is another matter entirely...

I have a happy :smallsmile: I got an "I haven't bought you any jewellery in a while" present from my husband last night. Now I have a pretty new sparkly. I loves him :smallbiggrin:

Skeppio
2010-11-09, 08:07 PM
I have a happy :smallsmile: I got an "I haven't bought you any jewellery in a while" present from my husband last night. Now I have a pretty new sparkly. I loves him :smallbiggrin:

Aww, that's so sweet of him. And out of the blue too? What a great guy. You and Perey have to be the best couple ever. :smallbiggrin:

Savannah
2010-11-09, 08:11 PM
I'd claim it, but I'm not sure it'd be undisputed.

Yeah, you could probably beat me for the title, but I would have to dispute it :smalltongue:

I discovered today that my hair is long enough that I can grab the ends and stretch my arms straight out without pulling. :smallbiggrin: (Still want it longer, though :smalltongue:)

Skeppio
2010-11-09, 08:15 PM
I discovered today that my hair is long enough that I can grab the ends and stretch my arms straight out without pulling. :smallbiggrin: (Still want it longer, though :smalltongue:)

:smalleek:

I swear you're never going to be satisfied until that hair of yours is twice your height. :smalltongue: Admittedly, it does look nice though. Long hair is cool.

Lady Moreta
2010-11-09, 08:43 PM
Aww, that's so sweet of him. And out of the blue too? What a great guy. You and Perey have to be the best couple ever. :smallbiggrin:

Not so much out of the blue... I had mentioned I wanted it (I fully intended to go out and buy it myself). And he made a comment about how it'd been a while since he bought me jewellery... then yesterday he made some comment about how I didn't need to rush out and buy the ring because it was on sale til Christmas Eve. Then I said 'yeah I do, if I wait that long they'll sell out'. Then he was forced to confess that he'd already bought it...

I swear, I do this all the time :smallannoyed: Every time he tries to gently suggest that I don't need to worry about this or that thing, I have a perfectly good reason why I do need to worry - which forces him to admit he's already bought it. Heck, I did it with my engagement ring!

Yeah, you could probably beat me for the title, but I would have to dispute it :smalltongue:

Ah ha! A challenger! :smalltongue:

Wow... that is awesome! How long is your hair?

I keep trying to get my hair back to waist length (it was that long when I was a kid)... alas I inevitably get impatient and hack it off before it gets there...

edited: I am also happy because I have sparkly shiny nails. I bought nail polish yesterday and decided to decorate myself last night :smallsmile:

Also, Skep, long hair isn't cool, long hair is hot - especially in summer :smalltongue:

Savannah
2010-11-09, 09:03 PM
Wow... that is awesome! How long is your hair?

I keep trying to get my hair back to waist length (it was that long when I was a kid)... alas I inevitably get impatient and hack it off before it gets there...

It's waist length now, but I'm fighting a constant battle against split ends :smallannoyed: I'd like to grow it out to hip length, but I'm not sure it's strong enough to do that. Then again, until about a year ago, I didn't think I'd ever get it beyond the middle of my back.

edited: I am also happy because I have sparkly shiny nails. I bought nail polish yesterday and decided to decorate myself last night :smallsmile:

That makes me want to go pull out my nail polish :smalltongue:

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-09, 09:35 PM
Waist length hair is awesome! =D

One of my high school friends always had loooong pretty bright red hair, I loved it. =)

Lady Moreta
2010-11-09, 09:37 PM
It's waist length now, but I'm fighting a constant battle against split ends :smallannoyed: I'd like to grow it out to hip length, but I'm not sure it's strong enough to do that. Then again, until about a year ago, I didn't think I'd ever get it beyond the middle of my back.

Talked to a hairdresser about it?

I have, in the past, abused my hair to no end (bleached it without realising the dye was bleach, then two days later got it dyed to hide the canary yellow). That came close to ruining it, but with much babying I got it back to normal :smallsmile:

I don't usually like 'gunk' but sometimes, hair products are your friends :smallsmile:

That makes me want to go pull out my nail polish :smalltongue:

Do it! You know you want to :smallbiggrin:

Girl talk makes me happy :smallbiggrin:

Savannah
2010-11-09, 09:43 PM
Talked to a hairdresser about it?

Nah. I figure I'll just keep doing what got me from middle of the back to waist length and see if it keeps going. If not, I'll be fine with it.

Do it! You know you want to :smallbiggrin:

Girl talk makes me happy :smallbiggrin:

Enjoying girl talk occasionally challenges my self-image :smalltongue: Also, I can't decide between light blue and silvery white nail polish.

RebelRogue
2010-11-09, 09:46 PM
I've got real long hair too (though I cut it to shoulder length for my wedding three months ago, but I haven't worn it short since high school). I'm lucky to have very low-maintenance hair that grows rather quickly. My wife has way shorter hair than me...

Skeppio
2010-11-09, 09:49 PM
Hehehe, seeing two friends of mine chat friendily makes me happy. :smallbiggrin:

Savannah
2010-11-09, 09:49 PM
I'm lucky to have very low-maintenance hair that grows rather quickly.

:smallannoyed: So jealous. :smallwink:

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-09, 09:53 PM
Hehehe, seeing two friends of mine chat friendily makes me happy. :smallbiggrin:

Sentences with more than two uses of "friend" make me happy. =)

Skeppio
2010-11-09, 10:02 PM
Sentences with more than two uses of "friend" make me happy. =)

Glad I helped. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and having the courage to come out as bi to my brother and close friends makes me happy, relieved, and kinda proud of myself.

Lady Moreta
2010-11-09, 11:14 PM
Enjoying girl talk occasionally challenges my self-image :smalltongue: Also, I can't decide between light blue and silvery white nail polish.

Mine too... but I think that's half the point :smalltongue:

I vote for silvery white :smallsmile:

Oh, and having the courage to come out as bi to my brother and close friends makes me happy, relieved, and kinda proud of myself.

You did? :smallsmile: Good for you little bro *hugs*

Oh, being complimented both on my nails and on what I wore to work today made me happy :smallsmile: The nail polish was a bonus, because the colour is neutral enough that it's not really noticable. But I was feeling unsure about what I wore, so it's nice to know it worked :smallsmile:

Blue Ghost
2010-11-09, 11:18 PM
Wow, four uses of :smallsmile: in one post? That makes me happy. :smallsmile::smallsmile::smallsmile:

Form
2010-11-10, 09:18 AM
I finally got my driver's license today, huzzah! Well, alright, I don't have the actual piece of paper yet, but I passed my driver's exam so I'm going to pick up my license very soon. :smallbiggrin: