Level: Brd 0
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

You unclothe yourself rapidly and automatically. This spell affects all clothing, armor, and magic items you are wearing, throwing them to the ground in the square you currently occupy.

If you are not wearing anything, nothing happens, and the spell fails.

Unclothe Other
Universal
Level: Brd 1
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Saving Throw: Will negates; see text

You unclothe another rapidly and automatically. This spell affects all clothing, armor, and magic items the subject is wearing, throwing them to the ground in the square currently occupied by the subject. Magic items are allowed saving throws to avoid this effect.

If the subject is not wearing anything, nothing happens, and the spell fails.

Unclothe, Mass
Universal
Level: Brd 2
Range: 30 ft.
Area: 30-ft.-radius burst, centered on you
Saving Throw: Will negates; see text

You unclothe any subjects within 30 feet of you, including yourself, rapidly and automatically. This affects clothing, armor, and magic items. Magic items on subjects other than you are allowed saving throws to avoid this effect.

If the subjects are not wearing anything, nothing happens, and the spell fails.

Clothe
Universal
Level: Brd 0
Range: Personal
Target: You

You clothe yourself rapidly and automatically, bringing all clothing, armor, and magic items that are on the ground in your square or that you are holding onto your body. Since this is automatic, you don't need help to don any type of armor, nor does donning armor rapidly in this manner carry any penalty.

If there is nothing to wear or don within range, nothing happens, and the spell is wasted.

Clothe Other
Universal
Level: Brd 1
Target: One creature

You clothe another rapidly and automatically, bringing all clothing, armor, and magic items that are on the ground in the subject's square or that the subject is holding onto the subject's body. Since this is automatic, subjects don't need help to don any type of armor, nor does donning armor rapidly in this manner carry any penalty.

If there is nothing to wear or don within range, nothing happens, and the spell is wasted.

Clothe Other, Mass
Universal
Level: Brd 2
Range: 30 ft.
Target: 30-ft.-radius burst, centered on you

You clothe any subjects within 30 feet of you, including yourself, rapidly and automatically. This affects clothing, armor, and magic items.

Hobo Undone
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Brd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Components: S, M
Target: One creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart

You hold out the required hair, lengthening it with a motion, weaving it into clothing in record time. Clothing created in this manner is never magical, nor can it provide any protection beyond what a mundane shirt and pair of pants can provide. The clothing produced lasts forever, and for all intents and purposes, acts as ordinary clothing.

Material Component
A hair.

Cieyrin
2010-10-30, 01:32 PM
BoEF much? :smalltongue:

More seriously, I'm confused why Unclothe Other and Mass Unclothe Other are both Bard 6 when the rest are cantrips through level 2, as there's a Will negate involved, so I see no reason for such a huge jump in level. The singular spell is easily Bard 1 and mass Bard 2. Like, I can see how it could have combat uses to strip your foes of their armaments but these seem primarily noncombat spells, so I see no reason for these spells to be that high on the chart.

Mulletmanalive
2010-10-30, 02:20 PM
all i could think while reading Clothe Other was "CLOTHING BEAM!...that is easily my most metro attack..."

then i realised it didn't make clothes...we need a greater version that can cover the enemy's naughty bits with zero resources!

Cieyrin
2010-10-30, 02:26 PM
all i could think while reading Clothe Other was "CLOTHING BEAM!...that is easily my most metro attack..."

then i realised it didn't make clothes...we need a greater version that can cover the enemy's naughty bits with zero resources!

I'd think that'd be a hilarious way to deny monks, swordsages and duelists their no to low-armor bonus by pushing them into the next weight category. :smallbiggrin:

Temotei
2010-10-30, 05:11 PM
BoEF much? :smalltongue:

More seriously, I'm confused why Unclothe Other and Mass Unclothe Other are both Bard 6 when the rest are cantrips through level 2, as there's a Will negate involved, so I see no reason for such a huge jump in level. The singular spell is easily Bard 1 and mass Bard 2. Like, I can see how it could have combat uses to strip your foes of their armaments but these seem primarily noncombat spells, so I see no reason for these spells to be that high on the chart.

I'd think that'd be a hilarious way to deny monks, swordsages and duelists their no to low-armor bonus by pushing them into the next weight category. :smallbiggrin:

Piccolo's a Conjurer?

These spells seem fun, although I'm a bit baffled about the levels as well.

I was afraid of it being similar to dispel magic, but affecting armor as well. You noticed the worn magic items part, right? I'll lower the spell levels to 2/3 for now, though.

I'll also make a spell tonight that forms clothing out of nothing. :smalltongue:

Cieyrin
2010-10-30, 05:26 PM
I was afraid of it being similar to dispel magic, but affecting armor as well. You noticed the worn magic items part, right? I'll lower the spell levels to 2/3 for now, though.

You also say the magic items get their own saves, so i think there's more than enough defenses in place that don't force this into ludicrous power levels.

Temotei
2010-10-30, 05:29 PM
You also say the magic items get their own saves, so i think there's more than enough defenses in place that don't force this into ludicrous power levels.

True. Are those levels good, then, or should I lower them to level 1 and level 2?

Cieyrin
2010-10-30, 05:32 PM
True. Are those levels good, then, or should I lower them to level 1 and level 2?

I was of the opinion that 1 & 2 were fine, though if you think the offensive capabilities of stripping your foes of their wealth and dignity is enough, I suppose the higher levels could stand.

Temotei
2010-10-31, 01:37 AM
I was of the opinion that 1 & 2 were fine, though if you think the offensive capabilities of stripping your foes of their wealth and dignity is enough, I suppose the higher levels could stand.

I made them 1 and 2. I also added the "clothing beam."

Kumori
2010-10-31, 01:49 AM
Shouldn't Unclothe be a swift action? It doesn't strike me as needing the effort of a standard action...

RanWilde
2010-10-31, 04:09 AM
Where is Increase Breast Size? Bruce should be able to do it by at least two steps!

Temotei
2010-10-31, 12:26 PM
Where is Increase Breast Size? Bruce should be able to do it by at least two steps!

I'm going to stay away from that. I think we've already had a similar homebrew before, and besides, that's not my cup of juice, to make a spell like that.

Shouldn't Unclothe be a swift action? It doesn't strike me as needing the effort of a standard action...

A swift action makes sense. I had thought about it before, but left it as a standard action.

Changing.

RanWilde
2010-10-31, 12:35 PM
It was supposed to be a joke. Sarcasm and the like don't translate very well.

Happy Halloween everybody!

Morph Bark
2010-10-31, 12:45 PM
I'm going to stay away from that. I think we've already had a similar homebrew before, and besides, that's not my cup of juice, to make a spell like that.

I snickerlol'd.

These are amusing. I wonder how my players would react to being unclothed mid-fight. :smallamused:

Mulletmanalive
2010-10-31, 12:51 PM
I snickerlol'd.

These are amusing. I wonder how my players would react to being unclothed mid-fight. :smallamused:

Given the strangeness of you other brews, i must wonder if they would notice

Morph Bark
2010-10-31, 01:07 PM
Given the strangeness of you other brews, i must wonder if they would notice

Admittably, only my video game races and the Limit Dragoon have seen actual play. Monsters are hard to make fit in right, spells and such are easier to put in because they're just small things that are easier to explain away.

Or perhaps I'm just not doing it right... yet. :smallamused: