PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice on sizing images

Asthix
2010-11-02, 08:40 PM
Hi. I have awesome pictures of my MitD costume that I posted on a popular image hosting site but when I link to them they are increased in size to very very large.

I would like to resize the images without having to upload them again. Is this possible? I posted click links to them, but haven't even gotten one compliment. :smallfrown: I want to let all playgrounders see them!

Vaynor
2010-11-02, 08:55 PM
Photobucket lets you resize images that you've already uploaded, not sure if the one you're using has this option. Try looking on the image's page for a "Resize" option.

Asthix
2010-11-02, 09:00 PM
Hmm, I use Imageshack because I enjoy not having to sign up. If I click on tools it just gives me a list of things to download... sigh.

NerfTW
2010-11-03, 11:53 AM
You're probably better off just resizing them on your own computer and reuploading. It would be a lot faster than trying to find a site that will do it for you.

Asthix
2010-11-03, 04:36 PM
I got it upon re-upload. Thnx Vaynor & Nerf! (The resize function was available on upload)

Link to awesome photos here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96308&page=3)

Yora
2010-11-03, 05:11 PM
You're probably better off just resizing them on your own computer and reuploading. It would be a lot faster than trying to find a site that will do it for you.

A very good tool I always recommend is IrfanView. It's free and very easy to install and use, and the best thing is, that I never had an image file with a format it couldn't open.
It's not a "drawing programm", and not very useful to make any changes to an image. But resizing and converting to other file formats is very simple, and you don't have to learn much new to use it.