PDA

View Full Version : Shrine of Ilmater [Magical Location]

The Mentalist
2010-11-02, 09:42 PM
The shrine of Ilmater is a 25ft by 50ft church, often with bloody floors. The magic of the building absorbs the pain suffered within it, using it to channel miracles for every two points of damage inflicted on a willing creature the building gains one Health Point, for every creature willingly sacrificed the building gains that half that creature's HP in Health Points (this in addition to the damage inflicted) for every point of ability damage inflicted the shrine gains 2 points.

Points may be spent on:
1 point: heal a point of damage
5 points: Remove Disease
5 points: Neutralize Poison
10 points: Remove Blindness/Deafness
10 points: Heal a point of ability damage
15 points: Heal a point of ability drain
25 points: Remove a negative level
25 points: Remove Curse
50 points: Regrow a limb
100 points: Raise Dead
250 points:True Resurrection
Any number of these may be activated as a standard action by laying upon the altar in the middle of the room.

Plot hook: A group of cursed and crippled people found this temple and have started mutilating themselves in hopes that they will be called on to receive the shrine's gifts, the dream of becoming whole again has driven them to murderous paranoia, fearing that someone will steal the accrued power.

Questions I have:
1. Are the point levels right (too high, too low, unbalanced against each other)
2. Is a 2 to 1 ratio high enough or too high?
3. Would anyone like to see more for other gods, if so, which?

Cieyrin
2010-11-03, 02:07 PM
You need some restoration effects, as well as possibly Regenerate for limb restoration.

As for the current rates, they seem alright.

The Mentalist
2010-11-03, 10:39 PM
You need some restoration effects, as well as possibly Regenerate for limb restoration.

As for the current rates, they seem alright.

Thanks, I kept getting the feeling I was forgetting something but I couldn't place it.

Possibly Remove a negative level and regrow a limb abilities?

Thanks for the reply.

Cieyrin
2010-11-04, 02:58 PM
I just noticed you also missed Ability Drain.

The Mentalist
2010-11-04, 03:16 PM
Sorry, that was in my original write-up buy must have missed getting copied from the notebook.