PDA

View Full Version : Ignored

zyborg
2010-11-03, 02:24 PM
It seems like my homebrew ideas are often ignored here, and they end up disappearing into the endless wave of topics in that subforum. I want to add new ideas that I had, but nobody would see them. What should I do? Bumping posts is a no-go, obviously, and I don't want to keep creating topics. I don't mind if everyone thinks my ideas suck, I would just like to know that rather than have no response and not know whether to add on to it. Sorry for all of the drama.

Kiren
2010-11-03, 02:27 PM
Link them in your signature, ill look through them.

valadil
2010-11-03, 02:29 PM
I've gotten a lukewarm response to mine. Either they get ignored or people pick on the wrong issue. Sometimes I just want to know if an idea sounds fun, not how many ways it can be exploited. I'll write air tight text for rules that add to the game. I'd rather not bother with that kind of effort if an idea isn't fun enough to be worth the trouble.

Anyway, I've had better luck posting the ideas privately and then bringing them up during a relevant discussion. Nobody cares about my idea for fixing 3.5 wizards. But if there's a topic already on how broken they are, then I summarize my homebrew and link to my blog post explaining my idea for fixing them. That seems to work a bit better.

zyborg
2010-11-03, 02:32 PM
Well, I'm not that good yet, but I have created concepts. I wanted to know whether I should actually work on them... so... I think the signature idea is good. Thanks. Now to find my threads. :smalltongue:

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-03, 02:41 PM
First off, this probably belongs in the homebrew forums.

Second, post a link and I'll tell you why it might have been gone over.

arguskos
2010-11-03, 02:43 PM
There is a Homebrewer's Extended Signature thread. I suggest you use such to collect your work and link to that post instead of everything independently.

As for garnering attention, well, that's tricky. Not everything is really a go-getter. I've had plenty of work just ignored, including some big projects I was working on that just never went anywhere since no one cared. I'd suggest just keeping with it, updating and posting work, since even if no one really comments, you're likely getting views and getting it down on "paper" works well for most folk to refine and remember it.

Melayl
2010-11-03, 02:43 PM
Yes, you should work on them. I realize there are many threads posted, and it is kind of easy for yours to get lost. It has happened to mine as well.

There are a great many posters willing to look over homebrew that is being overlooked. They just ask that you PM them. Look at the sigs of the posters, and it will say if they're willing (I can't do justice to the spellings of the names off the top of my head).

That said, I'd be willing to look them over as well, given time. I'm not the best at evaluating ideas, perhaps, but I'd give it a try.

Keep working on things. :smallsmile:

zyborg
2010-11-03, 02:44 PM
They are in my signature. If everyone hates my ideas, I'd like to know that. If someone likes them, but they aren't made correctly, I'd like to know that. Any information/questions/comments/constructive criticism/destructive criticism is welcome, as long as I know that someone has at least read it.

EDIT: Ignore link two, linked to wrong thing. it was supposed to be this...

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172741

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-03, 02:48 PM
Zyborg looks like you have made a total of 2 things.

The first one you got plenty of responses within the first day. They told you exactly what you needed to do to use correct monster formatting and calculations.

The second appears to be primarily a joke thread with literal 'n00b feats'.

I am not certain why this thread was started. Again, you've made a total of two things. One was quickly responded to.

I'd suggest making more things before starting threads about how they are ignored.

zyborg
2010-11-03, 02:50 PM
Oh. Sorry. I'm... huh. I guess nobody has been RECENTLY responding, but I missed those that did? I'm sorry. I guess I was just a little upset that nobody was commenting on my stupid class ideas or my Energetic Lights creature. That, coupled with my lack of sleep, created that rant.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-03, 02:53 PM
Oh. Sorry. I'm... huh. I guess nobody has been RECENTLY responding, but I missed those that did?
You responded to each comment.

We have no problem with helping you out but a sober homebrewer is best http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Edit: And could you specify what energetic lights creature? In the laser creature thread I just see the comment 'That's awesome. I like that idea a lot.' :smallconfused:

Heliomance
2010-11-03, 02:56 PM
While this thread is here anyway, I'll plug my werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149876) class. The last several updates have garnered no comments and I'd like opinions on the current version, especially as one of my players is currently playing one.

zyborg
2010-11-03, 02:56 PM
Heh. I haven't been doing so well. First with the stress of that one guy's fiance dying, then with him dying, then with both being a hoax, and finally trying to stay up past 1:00 while having to get up around 7:30 isn't helping. So... I'm going to say something that seems ironic and counter to this thread: Please ignore it. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Except for Heliomance's Werewolf.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-03, 02:59 PM
Those wishing to plug there stuff feel free to do so in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167327) which is the closest we have to homebrew chat.

zyborg
2010-11-03, 03:14 PM
Thanks. That 'homebrewiest' thread really helps. Man, I hate when I overreact. I'm going to chainsaw my brain out now for blowing this completely out of proportion.

SMEE
2010-11-03, 04:41 PM
This thread belongs to the Homebrew Design forums.
Thread moved.

Ilmryn
2010-11-03, 04:44 PM
When your homebrew is overlooked, it usually helps to add an icon. You know, like the exclamation mark on this post. Almost every time I've posted something, and it's been overlooked, I've bumped it and added an icon, and the nex time I'll have half a page's worth of posts...