PDA

View Full Version : Wild Shape Variant

Dark_Juggernaut
2010-11-04, 03:46 PM
Is there a variant that gets you wild shape at lvl 1? Maybe that you give up your animal companion for? I swear I've heard of it before, but the crystal keep class database with all the variants is gone so it's been a pain looking.

Urpriest
2010-11-04, 04:00 PM
Is there a variant that gets you wild shape at lvl 1? Maybe that you give up your animal companion for? I swear I've heard of it before, but the crystal keep class database with all the variants is gone so it's been a pain looking.

Shapeshift variant, PHB II IIRC. Doesn't give you wildshape, but gives you Shapeshift, which is like PF Wildshape (stat boosts rather than replacing your stats, limited options, and the like).

Dark_Juggernaut
2010-11-04, 04:06 PM
Aw man...that's probably what I was the one I was thinking of...to bad you can't use natural spell with it, ugh.

Cog
2010-11-04, 04:24 PM
Aw man...that's probably what I was the one I was thinking of...to bad you can't use natural spell with it, ugh.
Shapeshift is quite a steep step down from normal Druid. If the alternative is you playing a normal Druid with Natural Spell, you can probably talk your DM into allowing that feat to work with Shapeshift instead.

Dark_Juggernaut
2010-11-04, 06:28 PM
Well, that's what I was thinking of, but it's way to far a step down, so I'm just gonna bite the bullet and figure out other feats to take before i get it.

Leon
2010-11-04, 07:16 PM
With it being a swift action to change its not a big deal (unless you make it one).

Try life without the burden of a locked feat slot and add some variety to your feat selection.