PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Bad Guy Motif (3.5)

Incan Road
2010-11-05, 04:57 AM
So the party in my 3.5 game has made a powerful enemy with a bank robber (Rogue 3/Wizard 6/Arcane Trickster 1) named Super King, an eccsentric villain who's theme is, you guessed it, dressing like a king. During combat he either does powerful attacks and spells outright, my party is around lvl 6 so they are pretty vulnerable, or casts Glitterdust and Tasha's hideous laughter. My question is not about his combat, he is meant to be unfair to the party for their level just for the sake of being an antagonist, but with his mischeivious deeds.

I am running out of ideas for his over the top and convoluted plans to once and for all destroy the party, using only the most impractical ways possible. So playground could you be so gracious as to think of your best hair brined ideas to stop these meddling ki...heroes and their rambunctious animal companion?

Xiander
2010-11-05, 05:37 AM
Frame them for a crime they did not commit, that way they will be fighting the lawenforcement and he is free to do whatever he will.

FelixG
2010-11-05, 05:41 AM
One thing, If he so desires to be a King, maybe have him use Alter Self and send the players on an adventure, secretly they are really stealing the kings crown thats being transported, when they return the box thats locked he pops it open takes the crown out and puts it on, revealing who he truely is then escaping, leaving the party to realize that they are now enemies of the state :P

Then you could have the government trying to put them down while at the same time they are trying to recover the crown to clear their names :smallbiggrin:

Incan Road
2010-11-05, 06:20 AM
One thing, If he so desires to be a King, maybe have him use Alter Self and send the players on an adventure, secretly they are really stealing the kings crown thats being transported, when they return the box thats locked he pops it open takes the crown out and puts it on, revealing who he truely is then escaping, leaving the party to realize that they are now enemies of the state :P

Then you could have the government trying to put them down while at the same time they are trying to recover the crown to clear their names

Nice. I thought about having him wear a very poor disguise, maybe a false mustache Sovereign glued on, that no one but the party notices, and pose as a law enforcement official constantly spouting, "I don't think we'll ever find him," and "That handsome devil."