PDA

View Full Version : i cooked my own finger!

super dark33
2010-11-05, 05:28 AM
i was makeing shnitzels at my grandmothers house, when suddenly i saw that my finger is dry and makeing crunchy noises when i moved it,

is somthing like that happend to any of you?
XD

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-05, 05:35 AM
i was makeing shnitzels at my grandmothers house, when suddenly i saw that my finger is dry and makeing crunchy noises when i moved it,

XD

Not cooking but in a supermarket once I didn't notice I'd somehow gashed the hell out of my index finger until my dad gave the cereal I just put in the trolley a funny look.

Turns out it, my hand & the pocket my hand had been in were covered in blood. I'm talking proper zombie movie levels of blood (I was able to wring out my jacket pocket). That was pretty weird.

Evil DM Mark3
2010-11-05, 12:47 PM
I once got back home only to find a long, shallow scratch on my left fore arm, right along the bone line. Not a clue how it got there but it was at least 5 inches long and did it ever hurt after I spotted it.

zyborg
2010-11-05, 01:01 PM
My sister jumped over a trash can, just barely tipping it over and bruising her foot. However, I noticed a trail of blood leading from it to her foot. Turns out, she didn't bruise her foot like she thought, nor did she jump over the trash bag. She failed her landing, and cut her foot pretty badly on a soup can lid. she didn't even notice anything was wrong until pointed out to her, then she flipped out. It was a lot of blood.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-05, 01:35 PM
I was living in an apartment in california for a while and every couple days my legs developed another bleeding sore. Turns out my roomie's cat had fleas. Lots of fleas. The odd part was I never knew what it was. It was just 'oh, hey, I'm bleeding again'.

Another odd reaction to pain was when my brother clotheslined me off a scooter. I scraped like half a golf ball worth of flesh off my knee, and I also banged up the side of my face and my arm too. The odd part was that as I staggered home I couldn't stop giggling. It hurt like a MOTHER, but there was no wincing or gritting my teeth or anything, just lots of giggling. By the time we got home, my sock was ruined from the blood.

ForzaFiori
2010-11-05, 01:53 PM
When running cross country for school, part of our flexibility drills involved bring our legs up and over hurdles. I caught my knee on one, and thought i had just banged it. At the end of practice (no one at all had noticed before this) when I was changing back into my street clothes, I realized I had a line of blood, probably half an inch across, from my knee down into my sock. Never hurt, never felt the blood, nothing.

Syka
2010-11-05, 01:59 PM
I have injured myself so often without realizing that I don't even bother to question it anymore. Random scabbed scrapes, bruises, etc. It's all too common.

Last weekend at work I was boxing up some of the Halloween stuff (all the items we want to save to sell next year so they wouldn't get caught in the mad rush for sale items). One of the cardboard boxes gave me a long paper cut on my pinky finger. It stung surprisingly bad, but didn't bleed too much. It wasn't until about three hours after that I realized I'd taken a small chunk out of my thumb just next to the cuticle. It had to have been there for a while because there was a small welling of completely dry blood in it. Not 15 minutes after that my other thumb nail decided it would be a good idea to scrape it by accident. :smallsigh:

After the blood came off, you could see an indent. I still don't know how I got it.

My most interesting injuries I know well. I have a scar on my forearm where I gashed it open in a friend's driveway after slipping in a large, unstable pile of mud (also got my knee killed on that one). Hurt like a mother. There is a scar on my other forearm where I caught a falling (hot) iron. I gashed open my leg by falling down three shallow stairs at the Student Union, which I'd been using for two years at that point- not a WEEK after I fell in the drive way as mentioned above. I managed to break my toe by getting it stuck in the front passenger door as my sister closed it (I was sitting in the back seat...do not ask how that works). That one got blood all over my sandals, which eventually came off thankfully. But I had to limp through Best Buy, then across campus, and up a flight of stairs for a group meeting with it. Took about 6 hours before I got home to get it bandaged and got to show off a very bloody toe until then, lol.

Thrawn183
2010-11-05, 02:04 PM
I had one where I reached for something over a bunsen burner. I didn't even notice until my arm started feeling hot. Fortunately that happened just before the flame finished melting through my lab coat.

Always wear your safety equipment!

mangosta71
2010-11-05, 02:05 PM
Once when I was peeling carrots I got a little close to my hand. Took the skin off my thumb from the wrist to the first knuckle.

Blayze
2010-11-05, 02:10 PM
I once accidentally stapled through my finger. That's about as much as I've ever done, aside from the time I tripped and headbutted a shopping trolley--and almost skewered one of my eyes on it.

abc123
2010-11-05, 05:07 PM
I have injured myself so often without realizing that I don't even bother to question it anymore. Random scabbed scrapes, bruises, etc. It's all too common.

Last weekend at work I was boxing up some of the Halloween stuff (all the items we want to save to sell next year so they wouldn't get caught in the mad rush for sale items). One of the cardboard boxes gave me a long paper cut on my pinky finger. It stung surprisingly bad, but didn't bleed too much. It wasn't until about three hours after that I realized I'd taken a small chunk out of my thumb just next to the cuticle. It had to have been there for a while because there was a small welling of completely dry blood in it. Not 15 minutes after that my other thumb nail decided it would be a good idea to scrape it by accident. :smallsigh:

After the blood came off, you could see an indent. I still don't know how I got it.

My most interesting injuries I know well. I have a scar on my forearm where I gashed it open in a friend's driveway after slipping in a large, unstable pile of mud (also got my knee killed on that one). Hurt like a mother. There is a scar on my other forearm where I caught a falling (hot) iron. I gashed open my leg by falling down three shallow stairs at the Student Union, which I'd been using for two years at that point- not a WEEK after I fell in the drive way as mentioned above. I managed to break my toe by getting it stuck in the front passenger door as my sister closed it (I was sitting in the back seat...do not ask how that works). That one got blood all over my sandals, which eventually came off thankfully. But I had to limp through Best Buy, then across campus, and up a flight of stairs for a group meeting with it. Took about 6 hours before I got home to get it bandaged and got to show off a very bloody toe until then, lol. you must have failed your saving throw

abc123
2010-11-05, 05:12 PM
{scrubbed}

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-05, 05:12 PM
I had this once. Friend of mine had a soccer game, so I volunteered to retrieve the soccer balls so I could watch the game. One went over a chain-link fence, so I flipped over it, sent the ball back, and flipped back over. Never noticed anything, but at the end of the game, one of my shins was soaked in blood, and I had a several-inches-long gash on my knee.

zyborg
2010-11-05, 05:16 PM
I once accidentally stapled through my finger. That's about as much as I've ever done, aside from the time I tripped and headbutted a shopping trolley--and almost skewered one of my eyes on it.

I stapled my finger back in Kindergarten or first grade, and man was it horrible. Getting it out was bad. Then I had to go watch the middle-schoolers put on a play...

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-05, 05:18 PM
I stapled a rubber band to my thumb while trying to fix a paddleball as a kindergartener. Man, does that suck.

Gadora
2010-11-05, 07:48 PM
Got my thumb with a cheese grater once. That was somewhat unpleasant.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-11-05, 08:00 PM
I stapled my finger back in Kindergarten or first grade, and man was it horrible. Getting it out was bad. Then I had to go watch the middle-schoolers put on a play...

D=
I stapled my index finger in kindergarten, too!
Had to have a tetanus shot afterwards. v.v

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-11-05, 08:09 PM
One of my friends had (I haven't seen her in years) an 'x' shaped scar on her forehead, from where, she said, she ran into a corner of a wall in her house.

We laughed, because the image of her running into the wall twice, her head shifted to slightly different angles to get that 'x' shaped mark was very funny.

Kris Strife
2010-11-05, 08:14 PM
I once shut my hand in a sliding van door, didn't notice until I got pulled up short as I was walking away.

Snares
2010-11-05, 08:15 PM
I walked around with a broken wrist for two weeks without realising it was broken. During this time, I played football - as the goalkeeper - twice.

Eventually the dull pain that had been there for two weeks made me go to the hospital, and they told me it wasn't broken, but that they would scan it anyway just in case. And it was broken. ><

shadow_archmagi
2010-11-05, 09:08 PM
I once had a fishhook in my foot without my noticing. Apparently the people who stayed in the hotel room before us had been fishermen.

I left little red spots all over the hotel before anyone found out.

Runestar
2010-11-05, 09:19 PM
I have a scar on my neck stemming from a very bad abrasion caused by a rifle sling.

Funny thing was that on that fateful day, I didn't even realise I had this gaping would on my neck until I reached home later at night and my mom pointed it out to me! I just thought I had a sore neck from training because I wasn't fit enough. :smalltongue:

Bhu
2010-11-05, 10:06 PM
my sister once shaved off her own thumbprint with a meat slicer when she worked at a deli

ScottishDragon
2010-11-05, 10:06 PM
At my friends barbecue I ran barefooted across the deck and slammed my foot into a nail sticking out of it. Went about 3 or so inches in.Went inside to get some ribs,then noticed blood all over the carpet.Don't understand how I didn't notice it. Hurt real bad when I saw it. At least they finally got use out of their 1st aid kit.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-05, 10:10 PM
If we're talking about injuries to friends: I nearly blinded a guy playing badminton in school.

Accidentally his the rim of his glasses when I was swinging and damn near took his nose off. Amazingly he was more miffed that they glued it back together rather than giving him a badass scar than me nearly blinding him.

Cealocanth
2010-11-05, 10:11 PM
One time at an IFGS game I lasted the entire game with a nasty swollen gash in my arm. Someone hit me there with their padded sword and it felt a bit sore, but I thought it was because they swung a bit too hard. I was surprised to see my soaking wet red sleeve afterwords.

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-05, 10:14 PM
The previous thing about blood on the carpet reminded me of something. I was at a friend's house, and his mom had just cleaned their nice white carpets. Two jerk friends of this friend played a prank on me that ended with me kneeing myself in the face (yes, I am talented like that -_-). I got up, felt myself bleeding profusely, and immediately covered my nose and ran to the bathroom. Felt no pain, but an overwhelming sense of "must not get blood on the carpets o_o".

Jallorn
2010-11-05, 10:17 PM
I sometimes look at a part of my body and say, "When did I get that bruise/bump/scab/etc,"

Thrawn183
2010-11-05, 10:18 PM
I had one where I went swimming in puget sound. I was so numb that I didn't know I'd sliced a toe open on a barnacle until my mother decided it was time to wash out the wound with a hose.

Raistlin1040
2010-11-05, 10:25 PM
I did not staple my finger in Kindergarten. However, I heard that everyone else had, so in sixth grade I stapled my finger on purpose to see what it felt like. It hurt surprisingly little and I pulled it out with my teeth.

In a soccer game a about six weeks ago, I was playing defender and I went up to head the ball. I got hit as I was in the air and my head snapped forward and instead of getting the ball with my forehead, I got it with my nose. I hit the ground with a painful thud and scratched my arm (because the grass field was absurdly hard). It wasn't until the referee yanked me off the field that I realized my nose was pouring blood.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-11-05, 10:36 PM
Um... I once fell on a couple of wasps. Two wasps. At once.

My arm did swell up SOOOOOO much. I just thought I had fallen on a thistle at first. :smallsigh:

Eldrys
2010-11-05, 10:36 PM
Ooh! I have a good story!

Once while I was playing a soccer game, there were two people going to head the ball at the same time, not noticing one another. They both go for it, and one of the players slams their face into the others forehead and they were both down for about half a minute. No one else on either team could really see what was going on, until the guy who got hit in the forehead started getting up.

He had two teeth lodged a centimeter into his forehead. There was lots of blood and paramedics

Thajocoth
2010-11-06, 01:52 AM

XD

I have several responses:

#1 - How'd it taste?
#2 - How did you not notice cooking it until afterward?
#3 - Is your finger alright now?

I have had several injuries:

-----

I've still got the burn on the back of my hand from when I was removing pizza from the toaster oven recently. Almost healed.

-----

I've still got my ice pop cut on the side of my other hand. Basically, I cut open an ice pop with scissors. While holding the ice pop, I was drying off the scissors with a napkin. The ice pop slipped from my hand, and I instinctively caught it mid-air. The down-swoop of my hand went right into the scissors' blade.

-----

Not too long ago, I went outside to bring the cat in. There had been thunder and lightning, and it was getting dark, and I knew he'd hate the rain. Normally he doesn't let me pick him up, especially not outside, but this time he did. Then... Thunder. I got a deep cut in my hand, a longer cut across my belly and a very long squiggly line down my leg. These have since healed up.

-----

One time when I was little, I locked my thumb in the back seat of the car. It was the kinda car where you gotta unlock the front to unlock the back. Passenger side. The key was on a key chain with the house key. The door to the house was passed the driver's side door. No scar.

-----

There was that time I got hit by a car. I was on a bike. I simply flipped in the air and landed on my back. I had a metal Disney thing on my key chain that was folded perfectly in half from the weight of my body. 1/16 in x 1 in x 3 in. The key on the key chain entered my side perpendicular to the skin, as if it was a lock. No permanent scars, and the key's still in use.

This event did not hurt one bit. I had no idea I was even bleeding until the guy that hit me dumped cold water on me (to clean the wounds while waiting for the ambulance.)

-----

I was on my way to work one morning, and I hear the subway car pull up as I enter the station. I run to catch the train. I manage to get my right leg in from the knee down. The door clamped down right on that spot where I could neither push through nor pull out. I know that the subway conductors get some sort of signal if any doors are open though. Surely they're not going to start going, are they?

As the train starts moving, I glance in the direction it's heading. I've got most of the station to go until the wall comes. I remember an advertisement warning subway riders not to ride in the subway train doors, like I'm about to be forced to do. It had an image of a guy holding on in one, but without being caught in the door. This ad clearly showed that it's POSSIBLE to do it and survive.

I grab on tight to the small crack between the doors, hopping with my left foot, getting myself into position. A passenger just inside is trying to help me out, but isn't much use. The other passengers are looking at me through the door with worried faces. Just as I'm getting ready to try to punch in the door's window for a better grip, the train stops again. It's been about three feet of movement. The door opens and I hop on. I do not need coffee that day.

Oh, I guess that story had no injury...

-----

I lept off a couch when I was a toddler onto a glass table. I don't remember it, but I still have the chin scar.

-----

I was trying on shoes when I noticed a red dot suddenly on the shoe I was trying on. Then another. I then notice that my thumb is covered in blood. Washing it up (with my mouth), I find that the corner of the thumb had just started bleeding on it's own. Then I went to the bathroom to wash it up properly. It's not uncommon for me to randomly bleed out of the corners of my fingers, but that much blood was uncommon and enough to stand out in my mind.

I bought a pair of shoes that were exactly like the ones I was trying on, but hadn't been bled onto.

-----

That's everything I can remember right now.

PersonMan
2010-11-06, 11:07 AM
I get nosebleeds every now and then. The only way to tell the difference between it and a random bout of incredibly-runny mucus? To see it...or for it to flow down my face, I notice the warmth.

I was at the pool once, and I didn't notice I was bleeding until I paused to rest. Luckily, I'd noticed before someone talked to me about the red I was trailing through the pool.

Another time, I was biking home. I was about to pull into the driveway when my nose starts bleeding, so I need to get the rest of the way with one hand keeping blood from getting all over my clothes.

Nothing severe has happened yet, but at some point in time I'm going to be somewhere very warm and raining when I suddenly realize that my shirt is soaked in blood...

Lhurgyof
2010-11-06, 11:06 PM
I once cut finger with scissors when I was in Early Childhood...
I was very, very convinced I had just gotten marker on me.
It was more of a "this isn't happening" type of panicking thing, though.

Necromas
2010-11-07, 12:06 AM
I was hoping for a story about having an accident where your pinky finger was chopped off and it was too late to re-attach it so you just decided why let good meat go to waste and cooked it.

Krade
2010-11-07, 05:10 AM
When I was 14, I broke a guitar with my face.

One of my friends had brought one of his guitars to shool and during lunch, he'd play various popular songs for the other easily impressed teenagers. Crazy Train, for example, makes said easily impressed teenagers to want someone with the appropriate amount of hair to start headbanging. Friend gets distracted while I'm doing this and turns in such a way that my face (right between the eyes) comes down on the solid wood headstock. Naturally, I dropped a pretty big F-Bomb at this point and go to my knees with my hands covering my face. After a few moments of this, another friend pointed out that I was bleeding, I was quite sure that I wasn't until I took my hands off my face. Lots o' blood. I had apparently also taken a chunk out of the headstock, though I never actually saw it.

On the plus side, I did get to skip gym class that day.

Dr.Epic
2010-11-07, 05:11 AM
I stapled my finger once. I was 8.

Thajocoth
2010-11-07, 12:44 PM
A couple years ago, where I worked, we needed a staple-gun for the wires for a party. The guy who got the gun told me about how the Home Depot employee stapled his own finger trying to demonstrate it. At the party, the person who used it did the same.

A while later, the office's secretary came over to staple something on my desk, which was falling apart. I thought at first that I should warn him, but figured that my co-worker told enough people the story and that this guy had probably used the staple gun before.

I still feel guilty about him having stapled his finger. It pressed in, grabbing hold of the bone, pulling the skin tight. He got a ride to the hospital (ambulance, I think). He says it didn't hurt. I didn't apologize for not saying anything either. He has no idea that I knew that could happen. I asked how he was doing when he came back, at least.

Danne
2010-11-07, 12:58 PM
I bruise incredibly easily, so I'm continually covered in bruises that I have no real idea how I got them. The most dramatic incident, though, was after body surfing a wave into a bed of muscles shells. It took me about five minutes to realize that my hand was dripping (literally dripping, horror movie style) blood. And the stupid lifeguards didn't listen to me when I told them that I was going into shock from blood loss, so I ended up passing out. :smallsigh:

Salbazier
2010-11-07, 01:01 PM
This thread is both funny and frightening at the same time :smalleek:

Lhurgyof
2010-11-07, 09:42 PM
I stapled myself in the arm once.

I usually shy away from injuries, because although I'm very pain resistant, if I see myself bleeding at more than a papercut level, I panic.