PDA

View Full Version : Help with my character? [3.5]

Lhurgyof
2010-11-05, 07:33 AM
I was thinking of a character for a campaign- A half orc granted higher intelligence by the gods.

I was thinking a spellcasting class, perhaps Bard, cleric, or wizard, or even favored soul.

Now, the only issue is, I wanted to find a good prestige class, Sybil immediately came to mind, but I found it makes you lose your intelligence.

So, playground, I beseech the: What kinds of ideas can you come up with for my character? Including a good prestige class.

Sir Swindle89
2010-11-05, 07:41 AM
I was thinking of a character for a campaign- A half orc granted higher intelligence by the gods.

I was thinking a spellcasting class, perhaps Bard, cleric, or wizard, or even favored soul.

Well i'd start with a class that actually uses int, if thats what he was granted.

Wizard is obvious. Factotum is a lot of fun for an int based non-caster. May be like an artificer or somthing like that.

Warblade uses int too me thinks and they seem a bit more orc'ey to me.

Lhurgyof
2010-11-05, 07:48 AM
Well i'd start with a class that actually uses int, if thats what he was granted.

Wizard is obvious. Factotum is a lot of fun for an int based non-caster. May be like an artificer or somthing like that.

Warblade uses int too me thinks and they seem a bit more orc'ey to me.

Ohh, Warblade sounds pretty fun.

The only problem is that I remembered the Sybil fluff being "intelligence granted by the gods", but it turns out to just be a riddler that can't use int-based spellcasting.

Sir Swindle89
2010-11-05, 09:02 AM
Ohh, Warblade sounds pretty fun.

The only problem is that I remembered the Sybil fluff being "intelligence granted by the gods", but it turns out to just be a riddler that can't use int-based spellcasting.

Then don't play one? I really don't think theres much divine stuff that does Int. talking PrC/Template wise. Divine is generally more associated with Wis than Int.

I assumed you were just making an or with high Int then saying it was a gift from the gods.

Lhurgyof
2010-11-05, 09:46 AM
Then don't play one? I really don't think theres much divine stuff that does Int. talking PrC/Template wise. Divine is generally more associated with Wis than Int.

I assumed you were just making an or with high Int then saying it was a gift from the gods.

Indeed, and anything that had a semi-divine theme would help, but I think Warblade will do it.

Sir Swindle89
2010-11-05, 09:53 AM
I think i recall a rather intelegent orc sub species that was like part shadow or somthing like that. I think they were in Races of Destiny or maybe the Planar Handbook (not to be confused with Manual of the Planes)

They might be worth looking into any way. If Warblades aren't common in your setting you can refluff them to be divine.

Master_Rahl22
2010-11-05, 10:12 AM
Archivist from Heroes of Horror is an Int based divine caster. They have some nifty class features based around making Knowledge checks on whatever you're fighting, and automatically learn spells from the Cleric list but can learn any other divine spells from scrolls. There are quite a few tasty Druid, Ranger, Paladin, Assassin, etc spells especially if you'd like to go the gish route.