PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Miss-chance items for an ECL 12 rogue

Coidzor
2010-11-05, 01:54 PM
What are the first three item-based miss chance defenses available to a rogue with maxed UMD that you would recommend on the basis price/efficacy?

And what would you recommend a 12th level character with about 50K gp go for?

SurlySeraph
2010-11-05, 04:27 PM
You could get a Smoking weapon (Lords of Darkness, +1 enhancement) for a 20% miss chance plus some other goodies. It's massively underpriced.

Then a wand of Veil of Shadow (Spell Compendium). 2nd-level spell, 1 minute/per level, 20% miss chance. But it's also from concealment, so it may not stack with Smoking.

Then a wand of Displacement.

After that, I'd try to get a Rod (or Minor Schema, or something) of Greater Blink. It's an extremely good spell.

Akal Saris
2010-11-05, 05:25 PM
From the DMG:

Cloak of Displacement, Minor

This item appears to be a normal cloak, but when worn by a character its magical properties distort and warp light waves. This displacement works similar to the displacement spell except that it only grants a 20% miss chance on attacks against the wearer. It functions continually.

Faint illusion; CL 3rd; Craft Wondrous Item, displacement; Price 24,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.

Outside the DMG, I sometimes purchase Mithrilmist Chain shirt from the MIC. 7/day swift action for 20% concealment for only ~400 more than a +1 mithril shirt, if I recall. But by 12th level you can do better than that :P