PDA

View Full Version : Question about RSoP Greater Turning

Morbis Meh
2010-11-07, 08:36 AM
Does this PrC give you extra greater turning on top of your preexisting turning or does your preexisting turning become greater turning? For example my cleric has 15 turn attempts and I have taken RSoP so would I get 7 greater turnings and 15 lesser or just 7 greater and 8 regular (this matters because I am a DMM cleric).

Assassin89
2010-11-07, 08:45 AM
You would get to make 7 greater turnings, as the Sun domain power only occurs in place of a regular turning.

Morbis Meh
2010-11-07, 08:47 AM
So a dip in Sacred Exorcist would give me more turning attempts correct?

Last Laugh
2010-11-07, 08:49 AM
Does this PrC give you extra greater turning on top of your preexisting turning or does your preexisting turning become greater turning? For example my cleric has 15 turn attempts and I have taken RSoP so would I get 7 greater turnings and 15 lesser or just 7 greater and 8 regular (this matters because I am a DMM cleric).

Extra Greater Turning: The radiant servant of Pelor
can perform a greater turning (the granted power of the
Sun domain) a number of times per day equal to 3 + her
Charisma modifier.

Big edit after reading http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872990/Comprehensive_Guide_to_Turning

The greater turning ability from the Sun domain isn't an extra turning attempt (it simply changes how the cleric's undead turning ability works), and it's not subject to the Extra Turning feat.
It seems to me like you can use the sun domains power in place of a turning attempt 7 times per day. you gain no addition uses of turning besides that.

Edit: on the sacred exorcist:
Levels in Sacred Exorcist stack for the purposes of turning, you do not gain 3+cha more attempts.

Turn Undead (Su): Sacred exorcists can turn undead as
clerics do. If a sacred exorcist has this ability from another
class, her class levels stack to determine her effective turning
level.

Morbis Meh
2010-11-07, 09:01 AM
Hmmm, so far it seems to be split, my dm interprets it as no greater turning only enhances your turning; however, he's trying his damn best to keep my cleric down (even though he is deliberately trying to break another PC's char)... Maybe I should ask someone from WoC to gain some clarity?

Last Laugh
2010-11-07, 09:18 AM
Alrighty, I take back what I said before