PDA

View Full Version : Shadow over Cuddensburg.

Pages : [1] 2

GodGoblin
2010-11-12, 07:37 AM
Link to OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9749068#post9749068)

You are in the City State of Cuddensburg.

City info-the city's wealth is divided unequally between sectors of the city forming unnoficial districts.
Some that you will encounter in order of economic wealth-
Palace grounds (Including barracks and other military housing),
Noble manor strip (Walled and gated),
Merchant quarter (Not a place to actually buy but often the place for business transaction and special orders. Also has many warehouses.),
Market district (Filled with stalls, resonably priced taverns and inns and a variety of lower to middle priced housing. The largest portion of the city)
Slums,
The Scar (the inner slums, lawless and the center of most organised crime in the city)

The City State is ruled by Duke Ivan The Invincible (So called as he has survived over 100 assasination attempts) with his 2 magical advisors and body guards whos names are unknown. The Duke is a fair but detached ruler who takes little notice of the goings on outside the palace, it is believed his advisors deal with the specifics of ruling the city.

You have all recantly suffered from fatigue lasting about a week now, any phsician or holy man you approach cures you of any ills but the feeling returns the following morning. One night you find yourself loosing all strength at an alarming rate and you slowly slip into a numbing black unconciousness.

The next thing you see when you managed to open your eyes is a bright light directly in front of you but you soon fall back into darkness.

The next time you regain conciousness you start to hear muffed voices and moans, You manage to see through blurry eyes that you are in a brightly lit room lying on the floor on a makeshift bedroll surrounded by many sleeping people.

When you finally gain the strength the sit up you count about 15 other people lying down in the room and 2 others sitting up, looking just as confused as you.

Cleverky
2010-11-22, 09:46 AM
Jeremy sits up and notices the 2 others, he checks the unconscious person closest to see whether or not they are alive.

He stands up and begins pacing around the room checking any doors or openings, to get a good sense of the space.

While walking he quietly mutters to himself, avoiding eye-contact with the other 2 conscious people.

"If this is what the rest of the world is like, maybe I should have never ruddy left"

GodGoblin
2010-11-22, 10:05 AM
Jeremy
Trying to find a pulse on the mans neck you start to feel a very faint slow beat, coupled with the slight groaning coming from him you can safley assume he is alive.

The room you are in is a wooden building with the light coming from braziers on the walls but rather than fire the source is a white glow but its too bright to see the origin.

As you try to stand up your legs feel weak and start to buckle, luckily you regain your balance as the strength comes back to you.

Wargor
2010-11-22, 01:56 PM
Finch slowly gets to his feet, stretching his legs out and rubbing at his temples, a pain expression on his face. He looks fairly unremarkable, his features rather forgetful, not ugly but not handsome either. Ordinary. He glances round at the others, taking it all in, before going to the nearest unconscious man and stooping over him.

Slight of hand check to try and conceal that he's rifling through the man's pockets, looking for anything of value.

[roll0]

If he finds anything of value he'll pocket it.

GodGoblin
2010-11-22, 02:14 PM
Finch
As you try to stand your legs fall from beneath you and you hit the floor with a muted THUD. You manage to crawl/hobble over to the other man and rifle through his pockets without the others seeing. You find nothing but you do notice a golden coloured ring upon one of his fingers.

As you try to slip it off, his eyes creep open a hardly more than a slit and he just about manages to whisper the word "Please..." In the weak pitiful voice of a man close to death.

Wargor
2010-11-22, 02:21 PM
Finch leans down, putting his mouth next to the dying man's ear and whispering into it, "Thanks mate, much appreciated." before slipping the ring from his finger and pocketing it in his money pouch.

Standing up he hobbles over to the nearest wall and collapses against it to rest, dipping his head to his chest and closing his eyes momentarily. Opening them again, he looks at the only two others that are awake. "I think that one might cop it. Any clue whats going on lads?"

Telfire
2010-11-22, 02:42 PM
Bazili grunts back at Finch as he gets up and blinks away the pain from the light, he looks around like a blind man for a few seconds then opens his eyes slowly at first and away from the bright light. He then takes in his surroundings and stands up slowly, checking his belt for his equipment.

Cleverky
2010-11-22, 03:47 PM
Jeremy turns to reply

"Do I look like I have any more of an idea than you do? I know as much as you do"

Jeremy walks towards a corner and sits studying the floor beneath him

GodGoblin
2010-11-22, 03:48 PM
Finch
As you remove the ring from the mans finger you see the life leave his eyes almost as if you removed the only thing that was keeping him going. When inspecting the ring you see an inscription on the inside Rufus Ill love you always. Alisa.

As you lean against the wall you feel the strength return to your body and you manage to regain your usual posture.

Bazili
Your natural sturdiness keeps you on your feet as you stand, while checking for equipment you notice you have still have everything except your weapons.

All
Hearing the sound of movement a man quickly enters the room through an archway in one of the walls. He is around 5'9" with tied back brown hair, wearing a simple cotton shirt with leather waist coat and woollen trousers. He looks at you through his spectacles in amazement. "My God! Mary get in here, the cure worked! Batch 14 only bloody worked!!!" At that point a tall greenish Half-Orc woman enters "Please friends come with me, do not worry you are in safe hands " She then gestures for you to come through the arch.

Wargor
2010-11-22, 05:20 PM
The inscription on the ring makes Finch pause momentarily, and a feeling that was almost guilt flashed through his heart. Almost, but not quite. So, a dead man's wedding ring, that gives me an idea...

Finch snorts at Jeremy's words, a slight sneer spreading across his face. "Alright mate, easy there, no need to be rude."

The sudden arrival of two new, healthy looking people in the room is a shock, and Finch stands up as soon as he's over his shock, backing away from them. "Now just hold on a bleeding minute. I ain't goin nowhere till you tell me what's goin on!"

Telfire
2010-11-22, 05:37 PM
Why am I here? Bazili grunts angrily

GodGoblin
2010-11-22, 06:22 PM
"Whoa steady on there" The man exclaims. "I am Simon and this is my assistant Mary, I am an alchemist and man of science! You were all bought here by the watch as they found you passed out on the streets. Except you" He notions to Finch "I seem to recall a gnome dragging you in"

He perches on a desk in the room before continuing "You see I have been hired by the city to develop a cure for this.. Thing thats going around. And lucky for you you're some of the first successful patients. Although I still have a way to go, the cure is not permanent as of yet. You will need weekly doses to keep your strength im afraid"

"Anyway let us move to the other room, you all look starved and most of these people have taken cure number 12 and I dot hold much hope for them so let us leave the dead to rest" With that he stands up and starts to walk back through the arch.

Telfire
2010-11-22, 06:24 PM
Bazili follows the strange man through the arch and into the next room.

Cleverky
2010-11-22, 06:27 PM
Jeremy waits for both the others to leave the room, then stands and follows staying a small distance back from the others.

Wargor
2010-11-23, 02:32 PM
Finch stands up, stretching out his muscles as he does so, before walking up to the alchemist. "Well, seems pretty fishy to me." He leans in close, glaring into his eyes. "Better not be lyin, eh?" With these parting words he steps through the door into the room beyond.

Sense motive check on Simon

[roll0]

GodGoblin
2010-11-24, 10:19 AM
Finch believes Simon is genuine

"Dont worry there's nothing sinister going on here, I never understood why when you save someone's life they nearly always think you are trying to kill them.. Anyway just through here and we can answer any questions you might have" Simon says as he leads you through the archway and into what looks like a waiting room full of what looks like people in the early stages of this unknown affliction. From in this room you can see out to the street and by the dim misty light you guess the sun has only just come up. Mary stays in this room and starts talking to the sick.

Simon continues to walk through this room and into another where he invites you to take a seat on a long bench where there is a rather large Half-Orc already sitting.As Simon sits behind a desk and starts to search through his papers you can see your weapons lying upon the shelf behind him."Ah yes these are yours I believe, im sure you can understand that letting unattended and possibly bewildered people be armed is not the best idea, feel free to take them before you have a seat."

Telfire
2010-11-24, 10:36 AM
Bazili rushes over and picks up his crossbow, stroking it before putting it back in his belt holster, he slings his great axe over his back and inserts his dagger into his left boot. He grumbles angrily at Simon for separating him from his weapons and moves over to stand near the bench.

chris1511
2010-11-24, 11:21 AM
'Wow doc, you're certainly an idiot.' Bill says as he gets up and walks towards the shelf slowly, being sure to stare down the Grey thing as he walks by.
'"It is not the best idea to have armed and bewildered people"' He paraphrases as he picks up his axe, swinging it in the air, before settling the blade just before the doctors throat.
'I don't know about you, but I am certainly bewildered, and I am certainly armed. Explain, now'

Intimidate check (1d20-2)[17]

GodGoblin
2010-11-24, 01:03 PM
Simon starts to chuckle and it soon becomes a very hearty laugh "Oh please Mr. Bill we went over this the last time you woke up! If you kill me you wont have any more antidotes and you will end up dying a very slow and very painful death. Now you are trying my patience so sit down as your life at the moment is quite literally in my hands." His voice becoming much more stern as he finishes the sentence.

"Oh and for the last time I saved your lives! Dont make me regret it"

Cleverky
2010-11-24, 01:09 PM
Jeremy laughs quietly at Simons comment, walks up to the shelf and takes his longsword, shield, bow and quiver, he then steps back behind the group and listens

Telfire
2010-11-24, 01:14 PM
"what do you want with us?"

Wargor
2010-11-24, 01:39 PM
As he passes the window Finch glances out, trying to see if he can tell where they are in the city by any landmarks.

Knowledge Local for this? If so..
[roll0]

After listening to the doctors little speech, Finch takes his dagger from the shelf, slipping it into an inner pocket. The half-orcs actions make him chuckle, a grin spreading across his face at the threatening behaviour. "People don't save others for nothin guv, so what's in this for you, eh?"

chris1511
2010-11-24, 02:08 PM
Bill pushes the axe lightly into the doctors neck, pressing into the skin enough to leave a mark, before withdrawing the axe.
'Keep that tone with me, and I'll take my chances without the antidote' He snarls, before turning back to his seat, staring daggers at those who laughed.

GodGoblin
2010-11-25, 08:28 AM
"Well to be honest I do this for a living, the city has hired me to find a cure and I need test subjects. Now before you all get outraged that you were tested on just remember if I didnt you would all be dead now. At least I gave you a chance! Now would you care for some soup?"

He produces a large clay pot, the steam rising from it suddenly reminds you of how cold it is this time of year. He ladles out 4 bowls and pushes them towards you followed by a hunk of bread.

"Now the future doses sadly dont come cheap, I am working on a permanant cure but untill then 45 gold pieces per dose weekly is the price. I can assure you I make no profit from this and I will be honest without knowing the origin of the sickness the full cure couldtake months to find"

Cleverky
2010-11-25, 08:36 AM
Jeremy takes a bowl and hungrily slurps it down, between mouthfuls he queries

"So there's no more permanent solution?"

Wargor
2010-11-25, 08:48 AM
This goes against my better judgement, but food is food. Finch takes a bowl, eyeing suspiciously and smelling it, before hastily starting to eat, dipping the bread into the soup and taking a bite.

Between mouthfuls he looks up at Simon, his head full of questions. "So you know nuffin bout what's causing this thing? How did you make a cure then, even if it don't work fully."

GodGoblin
2010-11-25, 09:03 AM
"Well all we know so far is that it drains strength from people, I can make a tonic to replenish that but without knowing the origin I just cant seem to stop it coming back. Tell me did you notice anything odd before you blacked out?"

Telfire
2010-11-25, 10:19 AM
"nothing, i got drunk and went to my room...a typical day."

Cleverky
2010-11-25, 10:23 AM
"I'd been travelling for weeks, thought it was just exhaustion"

Jeremy then turns straight back to his food

Telfire
2010-11-25, 10:30 AM
Bazili hesitates before reaching for a bowl, he takes the smallest one and eyeing it suspiciously slowly starts eating, looking around at those eating more quickly he watches for any odd movements suggesting an affliction caused by this new meal.

GodGoblin
2010-11-25, 11:05 AM
Simon chuckles at everyone's suspicion as he helps himself to bowl also and starts to eat "What about you two? Anything out of the ordinary" He says to Finch and Bill

Wargor
2010-11-25, 12:21 PM
"Nah mate, I dunno. Was walking back to my place when all of a sudden I felt all woozy, felt like me energy was being sucked out or somin. Was weird." Finch picks up his bowl of soup and drains the remainder, smacking his lips with relish. "Well, that wasn't half bad mate. Thanks."

Telfire
2010-11-25, 12:44 PM
seeing Simon start to eat Baz becomes happier about eating the soup and finishes his by tipping the bowl up to his mouth.

chris1511
2010-11-25, 03:04 PM
Bill doesn't take a bowl.
'For a doctor whos in close quarters with a lot of sick people you seem plenty healthy.' Bill states.
'As for what I was doing before I blacked out, I had my normal hookers and blow' Bill remarks sarcastically.

GodGoblin
2010-11-25, 03:58 PM
"Yes, I thought as much but Im no healer and these are the only sick ive ever come across as most of my time is spent tinkering in my lab, also this doesnt seem to be contagious and that means that there is something out there spreading it.."

He thinks for a moment and begins to speak but before he could comment on Bill and Bazili's choice of lifestyle you all hear a loud shriek coming from the other room coupled with a few muted thuds and groans.

"What on earth! Mary!!" Simon exclaims as he jumps out of his seat and runs into the main room.

Telfire
2010-11-25, 04:19 PM
Baz watches for what his new found companions are doing. At the same time he hefts his crossbow and loads it.

chris1511
2010-11-25, 04:51 PM
Bill reclines in his chair. Let the good doctor do what he may he thinks.
He looks at baz and his loaded crossbow and enquiries

'making up for something little man'

Cleverky
2010-11-25, 05:23 PM
Jeremy looks and shakes his head at the other 3 in the room, before running after Simon into the next room.

Telfire
2010-11-25, 06:32 PM
"watch it or next time my finger might slip..." Baz growls, stepping closer to the door way with his crossbow trained on the near side.

chris1511
2010-11-25, 06:54 PM
'That a euphemism or something?' Bill winks

Telfire
2010-11-25, 07:21 PM
Baz twists on the spot and aims his crossbow at Bill "you don't want to try my patience, i haven't got any!" he spits out between gritted teeth.

chris1511
2010-11-25, 07:32 PM
'Really? You don't have a lot else judging from the size of that crossbow' Bill remarks as his eyes flash up and down the duergar.
'I apologise for that, we certainly don't want things to get a bit...heated' As bills eyes settles onto Baz's hair.

Telfire
2010-11-25, 07:57 PM
"you leave the beard out of this!" Bazilis finger flicks off the safety catch

chris1511
2010-11-25, 08:24 PM
'Hahahaha, you call that a beard? I have more hair around my arse and its still a better colour than that. And might I add why is your skin grey? That's very unusual for a gnome.'

Telfire
2010-11-25, 08:39 PM
"im no Gnome, half breed!" Baz spits on the floor in disgust

chris1511
2010-11-25, 08:47 PM
'Really? Because with that skin you certainly look like a garden ornament.'

Telfire
2010-11-25, 08:50 PM
"Bah! enough with your wordsmithing!" in one swift movement Bazili flicks the safety on, hefts his crossbow and storms off into the other room, muttering and cursing.

Wargor
2010-11-26, 04:18 AM
Finch sits there, laughing out loud at the half-orcs baiting. "Nice work big guy, now lets go see what's wrong out there before they all get killed or somin." He stands and walks over to there door, slipping his knife from it's hiding place and glancing past the door frame into the next room, before slipping inside if it doesn't look too dangerous.

GodGoblin
2010-11-26, 07:22 AM
Finch
As you look out the window you realise you are in the market district, but as most of it looks the same you cannot be more specific untill you can see some landmarks

All
As you look into the room you can see mary slouched on the floor and slipping into unconciousness, as well as 6 other people who were all sitting in the center of the room. In the commotion people are running about and out the room trying to get away from the sick. In the middle of it all you can make out what looks like a cloaked halfling or gnome swinging what looks like a bird cage but the contents is covered by a black cloth wrap.

chris1511
2010-11-26, 07:52 AM
Hmm I may as well look in the next room, where's the fun in sitting in this empty one
Bill gets up and lumbers into the next room and see's the sight bemusing thinks
Cool. What the hell is this?

Wargor
2010-11-26, 08:18 AM
Staring at the scene, Finch's mouth drops open at seeing such a...strange sight. He steps into the room and points at the cloaked person. "Oi, shortstuff, what the 'ell do you think you're doin?"

Telfire
2010-11-26, 11:40 AM
Baz levels his crossbow at the halfling and flicks off the safety.

readying an action to fire if he draws a weapon and/or attacks someone
atk roll [roll0]
dmg roll [roll1]

GodGoblin
2010-11-26, 04:08 PM
Bazili
The halfling is in the centre of a rushing crowd to shoot into it would almost certainly hit another person. So far he is only swing around the cage not at anyone, just swinging.

All
Hearing Finches shout he turns and you can make out a large toothy grin as he turns and flees out the door. Simon turns to you "You lot! Its him! hes spreading it, if we can find out how we can cure this!" Then he remembers the type of people you came accross to him as "And The rest of your doses will be free of charge! Please you are the only other people left standing!" And he was right, almost everyone else in the room was losing strength, including Simon himself.

Cleverky
2010-11-26, 04:10 PM
Jeremy, after taking stock of the situation, makes after the halfling at full sprint taking no notice of people in his way

I was never one to let people get one over on me so easily, this will be no exception

Wargor
2010-11-26, 05:08 PM
Finch's eyes light up, and a grin spreads over his face. "Free eh? And we won't die? Count me in!" He stars off after Jeremy and their quarry, hiding his knife away as he does so.

chris1511
2010-11-26, 07:07 PM
Agk do I seriously have to run after this guy? The good doctors getting ill, and I need that cure...Though its interesting to see the doctor in such a similar state, might be a good idea to see if he likes his 'own medicine' Bill ponders, before giving chase to the halfling.

Telfire
2010-11-27, 01:19 AM
Bazili flicks back on the safety and gives chase to the hooded halfling.

GodGoblin
2010-11-27, 02:10 PM
You manage to charge your way through the weakening crowd and give chase to the small cloaked figure. He leads you running through multiple alley ways and back roads. After running a short while he starts to pull ahead but you manage to keep sight until he darts around one corner and seems to have disappeared over a ten foot wall.

Wargor
2010-11-27, 04:11 PM
Finch skids to a halt in front of the wall and standing there, hands on knees, panting slightly from the exertion. "Well crap, how'd the little bugger get over that? Or maybe he didn't."

Smoothing his hair of his sweat slicked face he peers around the alley, running his hands over the walls in an attempt to see if one of them might be a concealed doorway.

Search check
[roll0]

GodGoblin
2010-11-27, 04:46 PM
"That might be a point, but just in case..."

Jeremy attempts to climb the wall

[roll0]

Telfire
2010-11-28, 08:38 AM
"Bah! damn his little hide!" Bazili turns round and sees finch searching, he watches him for a second or so as a master looks at his apprentice attempt something out of his depth, and then lends his expert eye to the brick work.

search roll
[roll0]

GodGoblin
2010-11-28, 08:41 AM
As Finch and Bazili search the wall they find there hands pass through the brickwork and jeremy's attempt to climb it make him pass through it completely to the other side as he does so he can see the the Halfling running up a long pathway to a broken derelict looking building.

Cleverky
2010-11-28, 08:46 AM
"GUYS, HE'S GONE THIS WAY, RUN THROUGH THE WALL, QUICKLY"

Jeremy continues running after the half-ling as fast as he can

Telfire
2010-11-28, 08:47 AM
Bazili charges after the halfling as fast as he can trailing behind Jeremy.

chris1511
2010-11-28, 09:05 AM
Bill at full pelt leaps the wall [roll0] and carries on after the halfling.

Wargor
2010-11-28, 09:07 AM
Finch is shocked when his hand passes through the wall, but he steels himself and pushes his way through completely. Seeing the small figure in the distance he sprints after him, pushing himself to the limit. Cmon, I'm not dying cos of a shorty in a black dress!

GodGoblin
2010-11-28, 09:17 AM
As bill runs and tries to jump the 10ft wall he luckily passes through it, if the wall was not an illusion he would of almost certainly broken his nose. Now all of you are through the wall, as you get further up the path you seethe short figure run around the back of the building. You now arrive at the broken front gate where you can just make out the letters ~Cu d ns urg M tal Asy um~ on a sign above the closed double doors

Telfire
2010-11-28, 09:21 AM
Baz slows down to read the sign, but carries on into the asylum after considering the abandoned nature of the building.

Cleverky
2010-11-28, 09:22 AM
"Oh Joy, I love insanity!"

Jeremy gestures for others to enter before entering himself carefully looking out for any dangers.

chris1511
2010-11-28, 09:46 AM
'Nothing like a few nut-nuts to smooth the day. And why the hell is this cities asylum behind a fake wall? It's fun to observe the mentally deficit, why else am i here with you plebs?'

Wargor
2010-11-28, 01:33 PM
A derelict mental asylum? Well that just screams safe doesn't it! Finch speeds up again, having slowed to make out the words on the sign, following the little figure around the back of the building.

GodGoblin
2010-11-28, 02:43 PM
As Finch runs off around the side of the building the rest of you push open the large oaken doors that sound a loud stereotypical creek as they swing. You then stand there looking into a large, dusty reception room. The interior is painted in a pale sickly green that has cracked and become infested with rot over the ages. As you step into the room the amount of dust stirred up by the doors makes it difficult to breath and the gloom makes it difficult to pick out detail from afar but you can still see an iron barred door set into the wall opposite and a standard wooden door to your left.

Finch
You run in the direction of the figure but you see no sign of him when you turn the corner, the sideof the building has drain pipes running up and down it and at many angles, you assume it is for taking waste from multiple rooms. You continue walking round and running your hands along the walls but you feel that they are so far substantial. After a few steps you feel a crunching beneath you foot, looking down you see that it is broken glass.

Wargor
2010-11-28, 02:52 PM
"Well well, what do we have here?" Thinking of the sudden sickness spreading through the city, Finch quickly covers his mouth with his cloak, before stooping down to have a closer look at whatever it was he stepped on, making sure not to touch it with his skin.

GodGoblin
2010-11-28, 03:10 PM
Finch
As you inspect the glass you notice that it is all shards of flat glass about 3mm thick and these is no sign of residue other than that of what it collected from the floor and your boot. When you inspect it closer you figure out that they all piece together to form a piece of a single sheet

Wargor
2010-11-28, 03:17 PM
Odd, I wonder... Finch looks at the walls surrounding him, trying to see if a window up above him might be missing a pane of glass. If he doesn't see one, he looks for any piece of wall that looks a slightly different colour to the rest around it, or is cleaner or dirtier, that could possibly be another illusion.

Cleverky
2010-11-28, 03:23 PM
Jeremy walks back out the door and round to where the other in the group had gone, walking quietly to avoid any unwanted attention

"Any clues here?"

GodGoblin
2010-11-28, 03:29 PM
Finch
As you look up you can see a small broken window that you guess is about 3 stories up (The building looks about 4 and a roof) You however cannot make out the size of the window from where you are standing due to the pipes getting in the way and simply your mediocre eyesight.

As you look up you hear footsteps behind you and the sound of Jeremy's voice

Wargor
2010-11-28, 03:52 PM
Finch jumps slightly at Jeremy's question, spinning round and reaching for his knife before forcing himself to relax. "Blimey mate, be careful, I was about to shank ya." He puts and arm around Jeremy, drawing him close to the broken glass. "Well, this to me looks like a window pane. And up there," he points up at the broken window, "is where I think it came from. So either he's layin a herring for us, or he's gone up there. Decisions decisions eh?"

Cleverky
2010-11-28, 03:57 PM
Jeremy is at first surprised by Finch's arm but then relaxes before speaking up

"Well I could have a go at climbing this? or you reckon we should head inside with the other two?"

Wargor
2010-11-28, 04:04 PM
"No point in wasting time guv, give it a go if you think you can, trying the pipes might be best." Finch claps Jeremy on the back and offers him his hands cupped, to give him a leg up. "Ere, let me help."

If Jeremy, heres my assist roll
[roll0]

Cleverky
2010-11-28, 04:07 PM
"Cheers"

Jeremy steps onto Finch's hands and attempts to climb up to the broken window

Climb - [roll0]

Telfire
2010-11-28, 04:14 PM
Bazili attempts looks around for any footprints or trails through the dust on the floor.
"damn dust!" he mutters to him self.

GodGoblin
2010-11-28, 04:30 PM
Finch and Jeremy
As Jeremy nimbly climbs the maze of pipes he reaches the window only to discover that the hole in the window is only about half a foot wide, the window being only a few inches wider either side.

Bazili and Bill
Looking into the dust you manage to make out foot prints leading to the barred door and stepping through the bars to the other side,the footprints you are looking at are about and inch wide and look like a felines paw.

Cleverky
2010-11-28, 04:37 PM
"Looks like he went through here, but we cab't get through, better head in, I'll catch up!"

Jeremy looks in through the window to see if he can see anything, and then heads back down to the ground

guess i need another climb roll so [roll0]

GodGoblin
2010-11-28, 04:50 PM
Looking through the window all you can see is blackness, its almost too black... Almost. You easily make your way down the wall again and land next to Finch.

Telfire
2010-11-28, 04:57 PM
"so who wants to go first?" Baz says sarcastically

Wargor
2010-11-28, 05:12 PM
"Well, that's a bit...weird." Finch sets off at a jog, back round to the entrance where he last saw the others, glancing in through the doorway to try and see them.

"Ah, that's were you lads got to. Round the corner was a no-go, and I dunno how he coulda gotten inside unless he was tiny. We found a window, but Jezzer climbed up, found it was too small, plus the glass was lyin outside, rather than in, seems a bit fishy. Still, better safe than sorry." Finch rubs his hands and grins. "So, what you lot found in here?"

Telfire
2010-11-28, 05:22 PM
"Not much" Baz grunts keeping his eyes on the barred door.

Cleverky
2010-11-28, 05:38 PM
Jeremy, after getting back down walks briskly back to the doorway and enters

"Any more luck in here?"

chris1511
2010-11-28, 05:56 PM
'We got ourselves a barred door. Ain't that a surprise. You don't think, you know, that this place concealed behind a fake wall and abandoned long ago can certainly not be a place for criminals. In fact, i think i ****ed a changeling whore somewhere round here. We didn't hear a smash of glass, and it was outside meaning it was done before we got here and from within. This halfling can crawl through little spaces so why don't we look for some and send in our gnome friend' Bill says gesturing to baz.
'Otherwise we'll have to smash this door'

Telfire
2010-11-28, 05:59 PM
Baz flicks round as the Half Orc mentions him, "Maybe we could use your head to break it down then!" he proceeds to search the door for any traps or catches that would suggest a booby trap.

search check
[roll0]

Wargor
2010-11-28, 06:04 PM
"Changeling eh? Did you catch her name big guy?" Finch grins insolently. "I might know her. Been around there a bit myself. As for locked doors, no problem for me! Let me at it."

chris1511
2010-11-28, 06:11 PM
'It was a bit before your time I think, the girl went by many names...sometimes she was mary mead, sometimes candy, some people called her Magda. Feisty little bitch...' Bill reminisces

Cleverky
2010-11-28, 06:12 PM
"Really little man? You could have come up with something better than that, what you gonna do with that door then?"

Jeremy searches as well 1d20

chris1511
2010-11-28, 06:20 PM
'Pssh, tell me if you need me. You go look for stuff, I'll go through this wooden door here.'

chris1511
2010-11-28, 06:22 PM
Bill opens the door and walks through it.

Wargor
2010-11-28, 06:25 PM
"Oi big guy, wait up, no point going in alone!" Finch sets off hot on Bill's heels, following him through the door. "And I've defo heard of Magda, the old bitch."

chris1511
2010-11-28, 06:28 PM
'Oh you have have you? Did you tap that? Great pair of knockers if i remember, and being a changeling and all. Well, was interesting at times. You see anything in here?'

GodGoblin
2010-11-28, 06:33 PM
Bill and Finch
You walk over to the door and see that it is locked. The hinges are old and rusted and the wood is filled with woodworm.

Bazili
You cannot find anything suspicious about the door but you notice that it has a large key hole and s defiantly locked.

Wargor
2010-11-28, 06:33 PM
"Nah mate, incest was never my thing" Finch grins down at the half-orc. He knees in front of the door, producing lock-picks from an inner pocket, before taking a deep breath and calmly starting to unlock the door.

Taking 10 for 17 on Open Lock

Telfire
2010-11-28, 06:36 PM
"hmm if only i had some tools"
Bazili frisks himself for something he can use as a lockpick

chris1511
2010-11-28, 06:40 PM
'Ahh I thought you looked familiar' Bill states
'I'll just wait here till ya done picking, see you inherited your mothers knack for small holes'

Cleverky
2010-11-28, 06:43 PM
Jeremy leans against the wall and laughs softly to himself

"I think I'm gonna enjoy being around you lot"

Wargor
2010-11-28, 06:43 PM
"Your disgusting mate. Seriously freaky. Speaking of small things though.." He glances to the side, at Bill's crotch, "I heard she had to make herself smaller on purpose with some clients, some story bout a half-orc just floppin round inside like a cocktail sausage in an alley way. Or so it goes."

Telfire
2010-11-28, 06:48 PM
Bazili tries to use his dagger to flick some of the pins in the lock

Open lock check
[roll0]

chris1511
2010-11-28, 06:55 PM
Bill chuckles to himself
'Haha then i feel sorry for that half orc in question, though she certainly had some stories to tell. Has she ever told you the one about the Marquis of Bastille? Put it this way, I was there and she was changing to keep herself together let alone for our pleasures'

GodGoblin
2010-11-28, 07:08 PM
Bazili
You fail to pick the lock but you felt that you weren't far off.
Oh and using a dagger as a lockpick gives a -2 to the roll btw

Finch
You hear a satisfying click as the door unlocks.

Telfire
2010-11-28, 07:47 PM
ooc
i added the -2, i get a +8 normally

Wargor
2010-11-29, 03:53 AM
"Perfect! After you, big guy." Finch stands up and steps to the side, gesturing to Bill with his arm.

chris1511
2010-11-29, 05:31 AM
'Fine by me you coward. Though I guess I can see better in the dark than you'
Billo looks through the doorway, opening it slowly and looking through the cracks in the door for anything of note.

Cleverky
2010-11-29, 05:36 AM
Jeremy walks carefully through the door after the other two, still smiling to himself at the insults thrown between them

GodGoblin
2010-11-29, 05:53 AM
Bill
Looking through the crack in the door you can make out shelves lining the wall with varius bottles but because you are looking through the crack you cannot make out the length of the room.

From a top down veiw
|_
^
Red= the door.
Blue= the wall you can see
^= You(Couldnt think of a diferent way to describe it)

Telfire
2010-11-29, 10:30 AM
Bazili kneels down and stares calmly at the lock for a second or two. "you will open, however long it takes"

taking 20 on open lock
for 26

GodGoblin
2010-11-29, 11:26 AM
Bazili
It takes you about a minute and a half to finally get the lock to budge, once unlocked the door swings open by itself leaving you looking down a long dark corridor with 2 doors set in to each side and one right at the end of the corridor.

__
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
:smallredface:

Red= doors, :smallredface:= you.

Following the paw prints they run into the second right hand door.

Telfire
2010-11-29, 12:45 PM
Bazili looks round to see if anyone is still behind him, and mutters "bah, dont need them anyway", he puts his dagger back in his boot, and pulls out his crossbow. edging slowly to the first door on his left he looks around warily, keeping the door that the paw prints lead to in his line of vision.

chris1511
2010-11-29, 01:09 PM
Bill opens the door slowly, peering down the corridor as he opens it fully unless something catches his eye in the hallway.

GodGoblin
2010-11-29, 01:47 PM
Bill
As you open the do you notice that the 'corridor' is in fact a 5ftx5ft cupboard full of bottles of various liquids as well as a broom and metal bucket.

Bazili
Not seeing any of the others taking any notice you continue on, as you walk up to the door you see that your boots are leaving large obvious prints in the dust. As you approach the door you hear what sounds like a person crying quietly.

Telfire
2010-11-29, 02:02 PM
move silently check
[roll0]

Bazili slowly inches forwards to listen at the door closer

listen check
[roll1]

GodGoblin
2010-11-29, 02:12 PM
Bazili
You creep up to the door making almost no noise, so little in fact that your companions dont even notice you have moved on. As you listen at the door you can hear the sound of a young human girl crying, or possibly an elf. Its hard to tell. You also gather that they are about 10ft away from you and to the left of the door.

Telfire
2010-11-29, 02:22 PM
Bazili searches the door for a latch or a lock and also for any traps

Search check
[roll0]

chris1511
2010-11-29, 03:28 PM
'Ah, well don't we look silly. Nothing important here. Unless that bucket is to blame'
Bill turns around, noticing that baz has opened the other door and has disappeared, walks briskly down towards the hallway,
'OI! Short stuff where you gone?!' He yells, down the corridor 'Damn Gnomes, always popping off somewhere else.'

Wargor
2010-11-29, 03:39 PM
Finch hurries after Bill, tying to hush him using hand gestures. Catching up he leans down and whispers in his ear. "Quiet big guy, don't know what might be down there."

Telfire
2010-11-29, 03:56 PM
"will you for once shut your trap!" Baz says, moving into a more relaxed posture after realising that his position would be blown anyway by the loud mouth half breed.
"i can hear a kid behind behind this one"

chris1511
2010-11-29, 04:13 PM
Bill whispers to finch
'I know there might be, but baz is down there and it would be awesome to see him cut down a notch or two' Bill widens his eyes and a grin appears.

GodGoblin
2010-11-29, 04:34 PM
Bazili
You find nothing suspicious when searching the door but after Bill's loudness you hear the crying in the room stop as the girl gasps and you can here her scurrying about inside. You can just about hear weeping still coming from inside but it is hushed and nervous.

Edit- the door is not locked.

Wargor
2010-11-29, 04:36 PM
Finch stares at Bill slightly incredulously before breaking out into laughter. He trails off before too long, wiping a tear from his eye and patting Bill on the back. "I like you mate, I like you a lot. Now cmon, lets go help Baz."

Finch goes down the same corridor as Baz and stops on the opposite side of the same door. "A kid eh? creepy. Lets see what behind door number 2 eh?"

Telfire
2010-11-29, 04:53 PM
"Quiet then" Baz stops moving and starts to listen intently to the second door.

Listen check
[roll0]

Wargor
2010-11-29, 05:11 PM
"Er, mate, I was being sarcastic. Let's check out the creepy crying girl." Finch pats Baz on the shoulder before opening the door a crack and peering inside.

Cleverky
2010-11-29, 05:30 PM
Jeremy follows into the room,

"Crying little girls, that can never be good"

chris1511
2010-11-29, 06:14 PM
'I don't think baz should go in first, the person inside is clearly traumatised already, but then again it'll be interesting to see her pushed over the edge'
Bill states as he falls in line behind the party.

GodGoblin
2010-11-29, 06:26 PM
Finch
Peering into the room you can see what used to be a white tiled room. With age the tiles have come grey and cracked and an unnerving gloom resides over th whole interior. Inside you can see a grime stained tiled bench jutting out of the opposite wall with random rusted implements littering it and a wooden table only half in your vision on the right side of the room, the table comes to about chest hight and you can see channels carved into it covered in what looks like dried blood. The stains run from the table across the floor and into a drain set into the stone floor.

You think you can hear the child coming from somewhere behind the table.

Telfire
2010-11-29, 09:56 PM
"I've never cared much for children. Always whining"

Wargor
2010-11-30, 04:33 PM
Finch slowly eases the door further open and steps in, his hand on the handle of his knife. He creeps up to the table slowly, crouching slightly, try to keep as much of himself hidden as possible. He then peers round the table to try and find the source of the crying.

GodGoblin
2010-11-30, 05:54 PM
Finch
As you peer around the bench you can see a small girl about the age of 7 wearing a old tattered dress, you think she is blonde but its hard to tell under the dirt. She is sitting in the corner curled into a ball with her arms wrapped around her knees. Seeing you she lets out a mouse quiet murmer "P.. please dont hurt me.." and looks up at you with big green eyes.

Wargor
2010-11-30, 06:00 PM
Finch is shocked by the sight, his mind racing as to how she came to be here. He creeps closer and holds out a hand to her, making sure to keep some distance so as not to scare her. "Er, it's ok luv, we ain't gonna hurt you. Are we boys?" He adds meaningfully, glancing back over his shoulder at the others. "Now how bout you tell me how you got in here, ok?"

GodGoblin
2010-11-30, 06:47 PM
Finch
The little girl struggles to stand but she manages to and reaches out for your hand "I was sleeping... Sleeping in the dark.. The never ending dark, it will come for you Finch and there will be no escape" The girls voice deepens unnaturally and as her hand touches yours her body starts to age, wither and decay until all that lies before you is a long dead, dusty husk of what used to be a child.

Wargor
2010-11-30, 07:06 PM
"Bloody Fu**ing Hell!" Finch scrambles backwards, putting as much space between himself and the husk of the girl. "What the hell!" He starts shaking all over, staring at the remains in complete disgust and horror.

GodGoblin
2010-11-30, 07:10 PM
Finch
The remains lay still as if they have done so for a hundred years.

Telfire
2010-11-30, 07:19 PM
"things aren't what they seem around here"
Bazili moves over to examine the remains.

GodGoblin
2010-11-30, 07:30 PM
Bazili
As you lean over the remains of the girl you gather from the thick layer of untouched dust that she has not moved for some time. Other than that she just seems like a usual old corpse.

Telfire
2010-11-30, 07:35 PM
"Hmm looks like some kind of mind trick Finchy, nothing to get your breeches in a twist, she's been dead a while." pausing for a moment. "The dead don't rest easy here."

chris1511
2010-11-30, 08:40 PM
'Maybe baz should've gone in first afteral...you scared her half to death finch' Bill chuckles to himself as he looks upon the sight.

Cleverky
2010-12-01, 03:56 PM
"Well then, what do we do now?"

Jeremy backs back out of the room and looks towards both ends of the corridor deciding which way to go

"Shall we go on? and let's hope we find no more disintegrating youths"

Wargor
2010-12-01, 04:22 PM
Finch tries to get a hold of himself, closing his eyes and breathing deeply to stop the shaking. "Go on? I'd rather get out of this hell hole." Finch sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "But we got to find the little bastard or we're all dead." He hauls himself to his feet, glancing back at the dead girls remains. "Just, I'm not going first again. Now how bout you choose the way Jez me old mate."

Telfire
2010-12-02, 10:36 AM
Baz steps back and out of the room checking the door opposite

Listen Check
[roll0]

GodGoblin
2010-12-02, 12:34 PM
Bazili
As you put your ear to the door you are unable to hear anything at all coming from the other side.

Telfire
2010-12-02, 12:48 PM
He nudges the door open with his crossbow, till he can see most of the room.

GodGoblin
2010-12-02, 01:03 PM
Bazili
Due to your darkvision you can see into the room, it is pitch black as all windows have been boarded up.

This room is just as dusty as the others and laid out in a similar way to the room opposite except in here lies the remains of two adults wearing dirty white coats one is on the floor and the other is slumped over the wooden table and corpse that lies on it. The corpse looks like it has been dead longer than the others as its features are far more skeletal and its rib cage is cracked open with old rusted clamps still holding it in place.

OOC
Oh and Tom and Chris can you put links to your character sheets in your signatures please?

Telfire
2010-12-02, 04:42 PM
Bazili slowly moves over to the closest body and quickly searching it not wanting to get to close.

Search Check
[roll0]

GodGoblin
2010-12-02, 05:03 PM
Bazili
As you move closer to the white garbed man lying on the floor you notice that in his hollow eyes there is a faint orange light, the next thing you notice is his arms wrapped around your neck while the other white garbed zombie starts to stand up and move towards you.

Roll a grapple check and everyone roll initiative in the OOC but remember the room is pitch black so you might not know whats going on but still post in order.

Telfire
2010-12-02, 05:06 PM
Bazili tries to break the hold of the body.

Grapple roll
[roll0]

Wargor
2010-12-02, 05:16 PM
"Oi, you alright? What's in there?" Finch peers into the darkness, trying to see what Baz is doing.

Telfire
2010-12-02, 05:18 PM
Can't. you. see!? Baz says with strained breath, trying to keep the body from throttling him.

GodGoblin
2010-12-02, 05:56 PM
Bazili
You manage to pull off the creatures hands from your neck and break grapple but it looks like it is getting ready to pounce once again.

Right now we need to wait for everyone to post init and then ill put up the order

chris1511
2010-12-02, 06:14 PM
Bill observes with his nightvision.
'Haha zombies? Thats just plain interesting'
Bill readies his axe.

Cleverky
2010-12-02, 07:11 PM
"Well, I don't wanna be waving my sword around in a room blind, so i'll leave this to you lads, unless you bring it out here, then at least i can see it to hurt it"

Jeremy stands to one side of the door with his sword drawn, ready for anything to come out of the room.

chris1511
2010-12-02, 07:40 PM
'You have time to say a frikken speech? Lazy bastard' Bill shouts as he swings his axe down on the zombie on baz.
To hit
Damage [roll1d12

chris1511
2010-12-02, 07:41 PM
Damage again [roll0]

chris1511
2010-12-02, 07:43 PM
SERIOUSLY?!?! [roll0]

Telfire
2010-12-02, 07:58 PM
Baz tries to throw the Zombie off and gain control of the grapple.

Grapple Check
[roll0]

Wargor
2010-12-03, 04:07 PM
"No I can't see you muppet! Not all of us can see in the dark!" Finch mirrors Jeremy, going to the other side of the door and pressing himself against the wall. "Zombie eh? What the hell kinda place is this! Try and draw it out here so we can bottle-neck it!"

GodGoblin
2010-12-03, 04:45 PM
Bill
You swipe at the zombie, cleaving its head from its neck and slicing deep into its shoulder, but the creature continues to 'live'.

Baz
The zombies grip is too strong for you to remove and its hands tighten around your neck, further cutting off your air supply. The two creatures pick you up from the floor and push you towards the table and the cadaver upon it.

Baz takes [roll0] damage

Cleverky
2010-12-06, 09:32 AM
"Finch is right, we need that thing out here if either of us are to help you, unless one of you has something to light the place up!"

Jeremy peers into the room, trying to make out anything going on.

He searches the corridor for anything he could use as a light source

search check ? - [roll0]

GodGoblin
2010-12-06, 09:36 AM
Jeremy
Peering into the room you can just make out the shape of Baz and the 2 figures grabbing him.
The corridor is bare except for dust and a the odd pile of crumbled plaster.

chris1511
2010-12-06, 10:43 AM
Bill takes another swing at the headless zombie
To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Telfire
2010-12-06, 10:52 AM
Baz attempts to gain control of the zombie with his hands around his neck

grapple check
[roll0]

Wargor
2010-12-06, 02:05 PM
Light, fire, that's what we need! Maybe the cleaning supplies could be useful... Finch sets off at a run back to the supply cupboard and runs inside, scrabbling through the contents till he can find what he wants. If he finds a broom handle, some rags and a flammable looking liquid he ties the rags to the handle and pours some of the liquid on it, before taking out his knife and trying to use it to make a spark on the stone walls to light the make-shift torch.

GodGoblin
2010-12-06, 02:41 PM
Bill and Baz
Bazili again fails to removes the zombies grip but Bills axe Cleaves through the creature and its hands slip from your neck as it lies in pieces on the floor. The other zombie lets go of Baz in favour of swinging its decaying fists at Bill. The zombie brings his arm down with crushing force upon bills head.
Take 4 damage

Finch
After opening the random bottle a strong acidic smell hits your nostrils and your head start to swim. You regain focus quickly however and after a few strikes of your dagger the broom ignites in a small fireball and you can smell the acidic vapours burning and sputtering from the rags.

The sudden flare from the torch reacts to the fumes from the open bottles of liquid in the close vicinity and a large wall of flame forces you out of the cupboard, you manage to avoid the majority of flaming wood and glass but you are still left lying on the floor torch in hand and bleeding from a few minor wounds.
Take 3 damage

Cleverky
2010-12-07, 12:44 PM
Jeremy follows where Finch went to see if he had any luck, searching on his way for anything useful.

I need something, I can't leave them to fight what sounds like a losing battle on their own

chris1511
2010-12-08, 05:58 PM
'****ing son bitch'
Bill lashes his axe against the 2nd zombie.
[roll0] To hit
[roll1] damage

Telfire
2010-12-08, 06:28 PM
Baz stands up and draws his great axe out flourishing it in front of the remaining zombie

Wargor
2010-12-09, 02:44 PM
Bloody hell! Finch scrambles to his feet and runs back towards the others, make-shift torch in hand. He scrambles to a stop outside the doorway, brandishing the torch.

GodGoblin
2010-12-10, 04:37 PM
Bill
Your powerful swing is easily dodged by the decaying creature and your axe slams heavily into the floor throwing up a plume of dust. The remaining zombie tries to grab you but you manage to doge out of its way.

Jeremy
As you make your way down the corridor you see the familiar face of Finch running towards you carrying half a flaming broom handle, lighting up the passage way.

Cleverky
2010-12-12, 12:53 PM
Jeremy turns quickly and follows Finch

"Good job, now we can bloody see!"

chris1511
2010-12-12, 02:24 PM
Bill attacks again

[roll0] To hit
[roll1] damage

Telfire
2010-12-12, 03:12 PM
Baz bares his teeth and roars at the final zombie swinging his axe wildly.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Wargor
2010-12-13, 03:39 PM
With a cry of fear and anger, Finch rushes through the door, drawing his dagger and holding his flaming torch aloft. He heads for the remaining zombie and lunges at it with his blade, his face screwing up in disgust at the rotting humanoid...thing, slashings at its head desperately.

To hit: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Wargor
2010-12-13, 03:40 PM
Crit confirm: [roll0]

and the damage if it is [roll1]

GodGoblin
2010-12-13, 04:14 PM
The final zombie is hacked to pieces by your combined effort, it now lies on the floor next to its no longer moving counter part.

Finch, Baz and Bill
As you stand in the room looking about you, you can just make out two faint beams of orange light stretching out of the shackled skeleton's skull, like dim rays of sunlight into a dusty room.

Initiative order no longer applies

Wargor
2010-12-13, 04:22 PM
"Hell's bells." Finch pokes the zombies remains with his foot, before shuddering and turning to the skull. "Now what's this?" He moves over to the skeleton, peering into it's eyeholes.

Telfire
2010-12-13, 04:31 PM
Baz pauses for a moment drawing him self together after being throttled by a zombie. He rubs his neck and mutters some more. "I'm not going anywhere near that thing! Could be cursed like the others!"

chris1511
2010-12-13, 05:09 PM
'Haha oh wow, someone stuck a sodding sunrod up its cranium' Bill says as he hangs back, waiting to see the intended effect of this skull on Finch

GodGoblin
2010-12-15, 06:34 AM
The skeletons flare up as you get near and its body starts to shake as it tries desperately to break its bonds.

Telfire
2010-12-15, 01:14 PM
"lets just leave it and find that damned little halfling!"
Bazili stalks back down the corridor and listens to the second door on the right

listen check
1d20+5

Wargor
2010-12-15, 01:33 PM
Finch leaps backwards, an incoherent shout loosed from his lips. "This place just gets weirder and weirder. I dunno how much more I can take!" He backs away from the skeleton, holding his dagger in front of him.

Cleverky
2010-12-18, 10:57 AM
Jeremy walks towards the skeleton, staying far enough away for it to not reach him

"At least this one can't move! and you lot really need to stop touching things, you're not having the best of luck"

Wargor
2010-12-18, 11:12 AM
Finch scowls at Jeremy, his lips curling back in a sneer. "At least we've done somin, and didn't just stand there while we was fightin. What are you, a pansy?" Finch takes a step closer to the skeleton, eying it warily, before turning to Bill. "Fink you can give this bugger the chop mate?"

Telfire
2010-12-26, 10:09 AM
Baz stalks over to the door on his left and listens to the second door on the left.

listen check
[roll0]

GodGoblin
2010-12-28, 06:52 AM
Baz
As you approach the door you can hear a faint whisper, concentrating you can just about make it out Bazili..

Telfire
2010-12-28, 10:26 AM
"no i am not going in a door that wispers my name!" Baz backs away and shudders slightly, he goes to the final door at the end of the corridor, "they can open that one" he mutters as he puts his ear close to the door.

listen check
[roll0]

chris1511
2010-12-30, 07:09 PM
Bill chops at the skeleton head, intending to shatter its glowing skull.

Having heard baz say in the hallway bill shouts out
'you've clearly never been to a glory hole mate, now shut the **** up and man up... wait is that the correct term? Don't I mean gnome up?'

Wargor
2011-01-01, 01:54 PM
"This place is freaking weird. Hurry up so we can leave!" Finch strides angrily through the door and into the corridor, glancing between the remaining doors, scowling hard. He turns to Baz and tries to catch his eye. "Which one spoke? Cmon, open it up already and get the scary crap over with."

GodGoblin
2011-01-04, 05:45 AM
Jeremy
You mutter "Ill show you not bloody helping.." and leave the room in a huff, strolling directly to the door Baz listened to before, you open it without breaking stride.

Baz
Pressing your ear to the door you try to listen but all you can hear is a twang from behind you, a loud scream and finally a loud WHACK. Suddenly a plum of dust engulfs you.

Finch and Bill
Watching Jeremy open the door you also hear a twang noise and then see a large wooden object, possibly a table fall from above and land with a loud WHACK. The dust plume it creates makes it too hard to see any details and you cannot hear any sound from Jeremy.

All
The dust is so thick you can only make out each other due to your distinct body shapes.

chris1511
2011-01-04, 12:39 PM
Bill bursts out laughing
'HAHAHA oh wow, what the **** was that? How stupid can you be Mr useless.'
Bill gets closer to jeremy's flattened self to get a look on what fell on him.

Telfire
2011-01-04, 09:14 PM
"thats why you always check for traps" Baz says condesendingly "my uncle made that mistake. lost all the fingers on his left hand." he chuckles to no one in particular.

Baz puts his ear back up to the door and tries to listen again

listen check
1d20+5

GodGoblin
2011-01-05, 05:50 AM
Bill
As you get closer and try and waft the dust out of the way you can see a huge wooden table, like the one that held the skeleton in the other room. And blood, lots of blood. You can also just about see what you think is jeremys hand still holding on tight to his dearly loved sword. Also covered in blood.

Baz
This time when you listen at the door you can hear squeeking rodents and the rattling of cages.

Wargor
2011-01-05, 08:26 AM
Finch stares at the mess that used to be Jeremy, his face turning slightly green. He closes his eyes and shudders, imagining if that were him. He turns to the others with a determined expression, his mouth set firmly.

"Right, that's it, I've had enough. How do we even know the little **** even came in here? There was so way he could have fit through that hole, how do we know this isn't just a trap for us? I say we go beat the cure out of the 'good doctor'." He speaks the last two words with a sneer on his lips, obviously suspicious of the man.

chris1511
2011-01-05, 04:21 PM
'It is awfully suspicious of the doctor, I don't even remember getting to his offic, but he is infected too so who knows.'
Bill looks at jeremys flattened self
'Dude is he dead perhaps? Should we move the table at least to check?' Bill goes on to lift and move the table.
'Always was a bit of a boring character if im being honest.

GodGoblin
2011-01-05, 05:01 PM
Bill
With a great heave you manage to throw the table from Jeremy's corpse, looking down all you can see is the broken mush of his body, his sword, shield and coin purse.

chris1511
2011-01-05, 05:28 PM
Bill pockets the coin purse and anything of value
'Jesus jeremy must've been made of pens and paper to collapse that easily on a tabletop. Ah well as they say, you snooze you...get crushed? Lets open these doors, be careful though there might be some chairs to complete the tableset'

Wargor
2011-01-05, 05:35 PM
Finch looks at the mess that was Jeremy, a look of revulsion on his face. "So we're staying then? Fantastic. We're all going to bloody die." A thoughtful look crosses his face , and he begins to smirk suddenly. "Say, did he mention any family round these parts? I've got a great idea for a scam..." His voice trails off, a slight grin settling on his lips.

chris1511
2011-01-05, 05:43 PM
'Didn't he say something about a ****ty bridge at one point? Don't think you'll really get a lot out of it though...actually what is actually past this door anyway?'
Bill peers in the doorway.

GodGoblin
2011-01-05, 06:35 PM
Bill
Peering into the room you can see through the dust only vague shapes. The room is laid out in a similar manner to the others so far except the table has obviously moved and there is a chest sitting against the opposite wall.

Telfire
2011-01-08, 11:17 AM
Bazili checks the door for traps. running his hand along the seam between the door and its frame.

search check
[roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-01-11, 06:45 AM
Bazili
Searching you cannot find anything out of place on this side of the door.

Wargor
2011-01-11, 06:50 AM
Peering round the side of Bill, Finch takes in the contents of the room. "A chest? In a creepy haunted mental hospital thing? Yeah, not gonna open that." Glancing at Bill, finch elbows him playfully. "So you wanna see whats inside there buddy?"

Telfire
2011-01-11, 12:58 PM
"then search it before you open it. or let me do it if you dont have the Kargur's for it"

chris1511
2011-01-12, 08:25 AM
'Yeah i think you should check it out, you gnomes are renowned for your tinkering'

Telfire
2011-01-12, 07:04 PM
"fine but open this one for me, i think there's some food behind it" Baz tramps into the room and checks the seam of the chest, the lock and underneath it.

Search Check
[roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-01-13, 07:13 AM
Bazili
As you bound over to the chest one of your feet press down on the stone pressure plate and a portion of the ground crumbles beneath you. Your attempt to dive on to stable land fails and you fall about ten feet into the room below.

You land awkwardly and crack your head on the ground when you land, looking around you are sitting in a pitch black room the only it of light is from Finch's torch filtering down the hole. However due to your dark vision you can see that the room is about 30ft by 30ft, the ceiling is 10ft high and the room appears is similar to the ones above with broken tiled walls but with a bare earth floor. You can make out old blood stains on the floor and walls and in the far corner a large orange insect the height of you scuttles around, its feelers are the size of your arms and it is making its way towards you.

Take 3 damage,

Telfire
2011-01-13, 07:52 AM
As he gets up Baz shakes his head to get rid of the worst of the concussion. He fumbles in his backpack for his rope. He then shouts up the hole he just fell through "Get me out of here!" flinging the rope up the hole, all the time eyeing the creature.

GodGoblin
2011-01-13, 10:13 AM
You manage to throw the rope out of the hole, the beast is still slowly moving towards you.

Everyone roll initiative before acting again

Telfire
2011-01-15, 11:06 AM
Baz unslings his crossbow and aims it at the insect waiting for it to make a move towards him. (readying an action to shoot if it moves towards him)

atk[roll0]
dam[roll1]

chris1511
2011-01-15, 11:50 AM
Bill grabs onto the rope and pulls it taut.
'Oi gnome, you can climb this when your ready'

Bill finds an edge to tie the rope to securely keeping it tight.

Wargor
2011-01-15, 02:24 PM
Finch jogs to the edge of the hole, being careful not to fall it, and draws his dagger, preparing to throw it at the first sign of hostility.

Readying an attack action if it going to attack

GodGoblin
2011-01-16, 05:42 PM
The creature continues to walk towards you reaching out with its orange feelers, it is now about 15 feet away and you can see it more clearly

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG216.jpg

Telfire
2011-01-17, 09:46 AM
Baz slings his crossbow and grabs the rope hauling on to check its strong enough.

chris1511
2011-01-17, 10:25 AM
Bill starts pulling on the rope intending to lift up the grey dwarf.

Wargor
2011-01-17, 02:07 PM
Finch rushes over to add his to help Bill haul pull the rope up.

GodGoblin
2011-01-18, 09:40 AM
Between you the rope and the dwarf are lifted easily, you are all left standing in the room with Jeremy's blood slowly trickling own towards the hole in the ground.

chris1511
2011-01-18, 09:43 AM
'Nicely done. Relative?' Bill asks nodding towards finch.

Wargor
2011-01-18, 09:45 AM
Finch chuckles, giving Baz a hand up. "Nah mate, my relatives prefer to gobble down flesh!"

chris1511
2011-01-18, 09:48 AM
'Oh i do remember well' Bill puts on a mock expression of pleasure.
'You okay little man?'

Telfire
2011-01-18, 01:23 PM
"i'll live" Baz says grudgingly as he dusts him self off and wipes the blood from his forehead.

chris1511
2011-01-18, 03:03 PM
'Damn it, was hoping otherwise. What the hell is that thing down there anyway, nothing like anything i've seen before.'

Wargor
2011-01-18, 03:10 PM
Finch peers back down the hole at the creature. "Not sure guv, but it is kinda cute. In a giant buggy kinda way." He unties the rope and coils it, handing it back to Baz. "We should probably keep on going, next door boys! I hope that thing can't climb..." His voice trails of, a look of worry plastered on his face.

Wargor
2011-01-20, 11:30 AM
"Hang on, we still have that chest to deal with." Finch moves round the hole, staying well clear of the edges, and squats down in front of it. He searches the chest, checking for any kind of traps or tampering all around it. If there's nothing, he tries to unlock it, before stepping to the side and lifting the lid.

[roll0] to search
[roll1] to open

GodGoblin
2011-01-20, 12:01 PM
Searching the chest you see nothing suspicious or out of place, it is made out of a deep brown wood with cast iron fixings and a lock imbedded into the front.

While probing with your tools you hear a click as the the lock opens. Inside you see a small tan leather pouch wrapped around something of similar size to a small egg, a silver looking dagger with dried blood on the blade and 3 hides of a small charcoal coloured rodent http://www.writerbynature.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/fur-side-after-smoking.jpg But darker. As well as a mid sized bag of coins laying on top of a folded piece of paper.

Wargor
2011-01-24, 05:27 PM
"What the..?" Reaching into the chest, Finch takes out each item, examining each one of them in turn, before reading the note.

GodGoblin
2011-01-24, 05:45 PM
Examining the items you open the small pouch first, inside is a perfectly black egg like shape, it feels strange- tangible but at the same time not. The best way to describe it would be thick, solid gas.

The dagger is ornately carved and as far as you can tell is made of silver, the handle is made of ivory and the blade still covered in dried blood.

The hides are well cleaned but still smell of dead rodent.

Looking closely you discover the bag is full of gold coins, roughly 300.

The note is written on yellowed parchment, folded and has a broken red wax seal that once held the imprint of a skull. Inside reads-
With this letter is half payment for nugget, you will have the rest when it is within my grasp.

Do not disappoint me.
W

Wargor
2011-01-24, 05:55 PM
"Here boys, take a look at this? Seems this little trinket might another 300 gold to us. Maybe we need to find out who's looking for it." Finch stands up, pocketing the gold and the dagger, as well as the egg like thing and the note.

Telfire
2011-01-29, 03:22 PM
"i dont care if we get a thousand coins out of the bastard i just want to know what this halfling is playing at!!" Baz looks around for linen to bandage his cuts up.

GodGoblin
2011-01-30, 07:39 AM
Bazili
Looking around you everything is far too dirty to use, you are better off without

chris1511
2011-01-30, 05:05 PM
'Hmm I wonder who this nugget is? Isn't that 'alfling is it? We still got another door to check out yet.'

Wargor
2011-01-31, 08:24 AM
"I think it means this, mate" Finch says to Bill, holding up the little black-egg like object. "But enough of that, lets tackle this next door eh?" Finch wanders out of the room and over to the door opposite, leaning down to listen at the door. "Let's see what behind door number four eh boys?"

Listen Check
[roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-01-31, 08:33 AM
Finch
On the othside of the door you can hear a squeeking and rattling of cages as Bazili did before

Wargor
2011-01-31, 08:35 AM
"Hmmm." Finch check to see if the door is locked. If it is he will try to unlock it, if it isn't then he will open the door enough to pop his head round to look inside.

Open lock if needed
[roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-01-31, 08:48 AM
The door is not unlocked. As you push the door open you can feel the door press against a piece of twine strung accross the bottom. the gap is large enough to fit your head in and possibly enough for a small person to slide through.

Looking into the room you cannot see anything as its too dark except for the crack of door that your torch is shining through. In that flickering glow you can see what looks like a row of cages with movement inside.

Also the torch has started to die down, you think it wont last too much longer as the chemicals are starting to burn off.

Wargor
2011-01-31, 04:57 PM
Finch pulls his head back, careful not to open the door any wider. "Cages inside, somethings in em. And theres a trip-wire strung across the door, can't open it without setting it off. Not exactly my area of expertise if you will."

chris1511
2011-01-31, 06:47 PM
'Well your up little man, my heads too big to peer in and you got tiny hands to diffuse whatever it is.'

Telfire
2011-01-31, 11:06 PM
"fine but give me a minute, these last few doors haven't exactly been a walk in the caves." Bazili moves over to the door, he gets down on his knees and to the right of the door, he pulls out his dagger and says, "you may want to move aside for this"

chris1511
2011-02-01, 11:55 AM
Bill maneuvers with subtlety behind finch.

Telfire
2011-02-07, 07:42 AM
Baz uses his dagger to gently push the door open only a little way, he then maneuvers his dagger below the twine and cuts up, severing it.

GodGoblin
2011-02-07, 08:53 AM
As soon as you cut the twine you hear a huge crash and the floor trembles as something falls from above. Its sends out a blast of dust and shrapnel through the gap and into your face causing you to stagger backwards.

Gimme a fort save

Telfire
2011-02-07, 08:57 AM
right f**king 10 characters see how you like it!!!

[roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-02-07, 09:04 AM
As you recover your stance you look around and hear an annoyingly loud ringing sound and not much else.

You are deafened, also when just rolling try and do it in the OOC

Telfire
2011-02-08, 02:47 PM
(shouting) "Laduguer be damned with this infernal death trap!"

Wargor
2011-02-08, 02:55 PM
"God, this place is trapped tighter than mum's special cupboard." Finch pushes the door open, drawing his dagger and peering into the room.

GodGoblin
2011-02-08, 06:42 PM
Peering into the room as the dust settles you see that the far wall is lined with cages and roughly 10 of them are inhabited by a small black rodent, the same type as the furs you found earlier.

The rest of the room is the same as the others of this section except that the table lies in pieces behind the door.

The footsteps that led into this room continue, they walk up to right wall and end about a foot in front of it. Above the prints is an open air vent about a foot wide. Looking closely you notice what looks like a set of small feline paw print on the wall just below the vent.

Wargor
2011-02-11, 02:53 PM
Finch steps into the room, walking past the cages and eying their contents wearily before reaching the vent. "So wait, foot prints suddenly become paw prints? That's not right." He peers into the vent, trying to make anything inside out.