PDA

View Full Version : 'Campaign Journals' and necro-posting

Dust
2010-11-12, 01:15 PM
I understand the basic forum etiquette includes not bumping posts that have fallen beyond the third page. Campaign journals, which are generally updated each week depicting the exploits of actual tabletop play, often break this rule. I'm contemplating starting a CJ myself - what is the proper procedure here?

Drakevarg
2010-11-12, 01:39 PM
I recently considered resurrecting my old campaign journal, and I used the standard procedure for thread necromancy: PM one of the applicable mods (Glyphstone, in my case) and ask permission.

He said that if I was actually intending to add more chapters he'd have said "yes" in a heartbeat, but since I was just gonna do it so more people could read it the answer was "no."

Roland St. Jude
2010-11-13, 11:02 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: The Forum Rules are relatively clear on this. Please do not double post or revive threads older than six weeks. If you are the original creator of a work in the Homebrew forum, you can ignore these prohibitions.

We're unlikely to bother you about it in your own PbP game, but technically, the rule still applies.

For all other circumstances, the rule applies. If you want an exception for a specific instance, please PM a moderator for the forum the thread is in to request one.

Drolyt
2010-11-14, 02:56 PM
Not sure why Roland didn't mention it, but the forum rules now state:

Thread Necromancy
Bringing a thread back from "the dead." If a thread hasn't been posted in within the last six weeks, don't reply to it. Start a new topic, if you want to discuss the subject (you are welcome to link to the old thread). If you think it would be better to resurrect an old thread, PM a moderator for that subforum and wait for approval. The original poster of a creation in Homebrew (and only that poster) may revive a creation beyond the six-week threshold without prior Moderator approval.
Nothing about falling beyond the third page. I'm not sure why that part has been removed, I'm guessing because the forum has increased in popularity and the three page rule created problems or some such. At any rate if I understand the rules correctly you no longer have to worry about what page your thread is, just how old it is. After six weeks you should follow the normal rules (start a new thread or pm a mod).

Katana_Geldar
2010-11-14, 05:22 PM
What about recruitment threads? I know mine has been archived, is it okay to get out again as I may need it.

Roland St. Jude
2010-11-15, 10:28 AM
@^ As stated above...

Sheriff of Moddingham:...We're unlikely to bother you about it in your own PbP game, but technically, the rule still applies.

For all other circumstances, the rule applies. If you want an exception for a specific instance, please PM a moderator for the forum the thread is in to request one.