PDA

View Full Version : Help interpreting Immortal's Handbook

Runestar
2010-11-14, 02:07 AM
I came across this link recently.

http://www.immortalshandbook.com/sermon3.htm

Seems this guy is giving the cr guidelines a complete overhaul. At first glance, it seems quite promising, as some of the recommendations are more or less in line with my own (such as npc crs being overinflated). He recommends that their cr be 2/3 of class lvs, for instance.

However, the rest appear quite confusing and incomplete. I am wondering if anyone has made any attempt at deciphering his cr guidelines and using it in their own games, as well as the outcome?

If so, can you explain how the whole works in simple english for this poor, ignorant soul? :smallbiggrin:

The Glyphstone
2010-11-14, 09:18 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't pay anything in the Immortals Handbook any heed. For all of the fancy-looking calculations there, I still believe that book is the result of two-fisted mashing on a number keypad with monster names added to the top.

Quietus
2010-11-14, 10:22 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't pay anything in the Immortals Handbook any heed. For all of the fancy-looking calculations there, I still believe that book is the result of two-fisted mashing on a number keypad with monster names added to the top.

That's pretty valid - isn't that where the Neutronium Golem came from, which does like a billion untyped damage to everything within three galaxies of it? .. Yes, that might be a little exaggerated, but not by much..