PDA

View Full Version : Vampire: The masquerade/Dark Ages

Jeivar
2010-11-17, 02:35 PM
Hey. I actually only have one question right now about V:tM but thought I might as well create a thread for discussing the game in general.

Anyway:
I took the True Love merit for my medieval Brujah noblewoman, but I've found somewhat conflicting descriptions of how it works online. We're using the 1998 print of the Vampire: The Dark Ages book. There the merit costs one point and makes for an automatic Willpower success, but only when trying to protect or be united with the True Love. But I've also seen online lists where it costs four points.

I took this Merit for the sake of roleplaying, not bonuses, but I'd still like to know how the final version of this merit was in the old system.

El Dorado
2010-11-17, 02:41 PM
The book version sounds fine. As long as your group is okay with it, I wouldn't worry about it.

Morquard
2010-11-17, 02:55 PM
There is "Vampire: The Dark Ages" from 1998 where it costs 1 point.
Then there's "Dark Ages: Vampire" (part of a whole bunch of "Dark Ages" book like werewolves etc) from 2002, which is basicly the revised and updated edition, where it costs 4 points.

So guess those online lists you found refer to the 2002 book. Note that the 4 point version seems to give the automatic willpower success always, not just when its related to saving that lost love, so it is way more powerful.