PDA

View Full Version : The temple of Bahamutte VI



Pages : [1] 2 3

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-11, 06:04 AM
As you approach the temple, you are awed by its massive size. Its towers stretch almost to the cloud line, the ramparts and window alone are enough to dwarf the buildings next to it. The new architecture fills those that are good with a strange serenity, and those that are evil with an otherworldly foreboding. Over the top of the new massive oak doors, which depict a battle between dragons and demons, there sits twelve true to life size elder great wyrm gold dragons, representing the twelve servants of Bahamutte. Inscribed over the door, written in the draconic language, is a traditional phrase for Bahamuttes temples. Come all that choose to follow the path of the dragon. May your hearts and minds be lifted to his great presence.
As you enter the main chamber, the cathedral seems to stretch on forever, but down at the other side there lays a massive statue of the great platinum dragon god himself. Even in these massive surroundings, it seems to fill the place. Down either side of the main room is portrayed epic battles of the servants of Bahamutte in his battle against Tiamat.
When you enter the temple, you feel a strange sense of peace, different from the rest of the town. This is a place where lawfulness and goodness rule, the chaos and evil of the outside world forbidden to enter.

Come all that choose to follow the path of the dragon. May your hearts and minds be lifted to his great presence.


Temple of Bahamutte 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1154055916;s tart=0#0)
Temple of Bahamutte II (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1154057879;s tart=0#0)
Temple of Bahamutte III (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1154060122;s tart=0#0)
Temple of Bahamutte IV (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1155636471;s tart=0)
Temple of Bahamutte V (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1156244522)

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-11, 06:05 AM
DbtMD grabs Red thing in mid air, turning with him, and throwing him into a wall, shattering some of the blocks in the process. He turns to one of the Gez's, his form starting to shimmer...

Your not the only one that can do that....

His form begins to melt apart, and now six DbtMD's are face to face with the Gez's, a seventh holding the orb over its head.

This will end...

NOW!!!

He throws the orb towards the ground.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-11, 06:07 AM
Annoyed, the red thing stands up and catches sight of a frantic Greeny signalling to get into the catacombs.

It runs into the tunnel as the orb comes down
"Somone's going the get their face clawed off for this" it comments

InaVegt
2006-10-11, 06:11 AM
Gezina's 6 aspects

*One of Gezina's aspects flies towards the orb and tries to catch it, another one grows and sheds light*

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-11, 06:17 AM
The orb knicks the hand that was placed underneith it, but it falls to the side and shatters. From the center of the orb, a deep rumbling is heard, as a black smoke fills the area. Both DbtMD and Sariah begin to breath the smoke deep, their faces filled with rapture. The smoke goes out, not lightening like natural smoke, but seeming to get darker, more voliate. As it reaches the torches, they snuff out, the light gets sucked from the room, and the statue of Bahamutte begins to shudder. the earth begins to shake.

InaVegt
2006-10-11, 06:20 AM
((What effects does it have to the Gezinas?))

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-11, 06:22 AM
((To any living creature is not evil aligned, and doesnt have Black dragon blood, (both needed to be immune) it is instantly fatal. It is a peice of Tiamat's soul, bottled up by Bahamutte for safe keeping...))

InaVegt
2006-10-11, 06:23 AM
Gezina

*The 6 aspects scream out as they die, they merge together*

Ares
2006-10-11, 06:24 AM
The temple door is suddenly blasted inwards, towards DbtMD.

"Wrong answer jackass.....today, you die."

Ares enters, cracking his knuckles.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-11, 06:26 AM
((wow, nice entrance...))

So, you think, little godling. it will take more than you to defeat us today...

DbtMD Grows to double his size, the six others doing the same. A shimmering can be seen before each one, but its form cant be made out.

Ares
2006-10-11, 06:31 AM
"Oh really...? Because as far as I see....all it's going to take, is me to quit holding back."


Ares roars in anger, and his black eye suddenly change. They slowly begin to turn red, as energy seems to gather in the room around him.

It's time for you to die, bitch.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-11, 06:35 AM
Maybe some other time, Godling, We have a schedual to keep.

DbtMD's tounge flicks out and back in again, like a snake testing the air. His face grows pale when he realises the power there.

DbtMD takes a deep breath, inhaling the rest of the black smoke, and holding it in. He takes a step towards Sariah, grabbing her around the waist.

Ares
2006-10-11, 06:37 AM
No you don't!

Ares rushes forward, with "I'm a god, you can't stop me" speed. He punches MbtMD with "I'm a god, I WILL hit you" and his right hook.

((I've really wanted to do that ;D))

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-11, 06:39 AM
DbtMD had no time to react to the punch, such is its speed. He gets hit so hard that he flys back through the air, landing on his face...

against the nearest wall. He slides down, one wing broken, and his face all but destroyed.

Sariah_Le_Suna
2006-10-11, 06:41 AM
Sariah screams at Ares, and puts one hand up in the air, a faint glow apears and she's gone, teleported over to DbtMD. She looks at Ares, and hisses, then places a hand on DbtMD, teleporting both of them away.

Ares
2006-10-11, 06:43 AM
COWARD!!!

Ares roars, this time it being loud enough to be heard even in the catacombs. He pounds a fist on the ground, denting and cracking the floor. After a few moments, his eyes turn black again, and he teleports past the catacomb door.

The_Librarian
2006-10-11, 11:02 AM
The wolves manages to push open the door enough to escape the catacombs, and watches as the door slides shut behind him. As he runs into the temple, he skis to a halt, retching and pawing ar his nose.

"Ye gods, WHAT IS THAT?!" He whines as the smell invades his senses, leaving him feel sick and giddy. He sprints unsteadily out of the temple.

Jacklu
2006-10-11, 01:48 PM
*Rouk* enters the temple and geos striaght to the back corner of the room. He reaches down and pulls a crystal out of thin air. The crystal pulses slightly. *Rouk* smiles and pockets the crystal. He leaves the temple.

Kyrian
2006-10-11, 01:49 PM
((If that's the same Crystal you placed there earlier...it was kicked out of the temple.))

Jacklu
2006-10-11, 01:56 PM
((it doesn't matter, the crystal returns to where it was dropped when it is retreived. It was acctually suposed to drift around town unseen.))

Vindemiatrix
2006-10-11, 07:02 PM
*Appears, looking grim*
Where did he go...?
Dimensional anchor.
*A green beam strikes Vinde from behind a pillar*
Crap.

((@ V: Thank you, Mr. Rules Lawyer...you may sit down. ;)))

Kyrian
2006-10-11, 07:05 PM
((Ares is long gone))

Vindemiatrix
2006-10-11, 08:37 PM
*mVinde steps out from behind a pillar. The spectral dragon glares at him.*
Hello, my opposite. Shall we dance?
*Vinde begins quivering as his reflection smiles*
No...you won't lead me into that trap...
There's no running from your past, you know. Just learn to embrace what you are, what you have been, what you will always be...
*As he says this, he steps slowly toward his counterpart, obviously savoring the moment.*

npc4hire
2006-10-12, 03:20 AM
"I appreciate this, sis, really." The Libris siblings (at least, the two most commonly seen in the town) walk into the temple together. The librarian turns and smiles distantly at her brother.

"I'm still supposed to be resting. Greeny and Ares are not going to be pleased. On the other hand, Mortia's got the books you want."

"Just wanna know if this has happened before, is all. Probably has. They probably went mad."

"Nice, Stran, really." The librarian places her hand against the plate and performs the rite to open the door to the catacombs. As Mortia said it would, the rite is getting easier, but it still leaves her feeling weak and shaky afterwards. Her brother ducks through the entrance and heads down into the gloom. The librarian follows soon after, closing the door behind her.

npc4hire
2006-10-12, 10:14 AM
The librarian exits the catacombs, keeping the door open for Ares.

Ares
2006-10-12, 10:15 AM
Ares comes out and almost tackles her playfully with a hug.

npc4hire
2006-10-12, 10:16 AM
Keff laughs and returns his playfulness with a passionate, lingering kiss before sprinting for the temple's exit.

Ares
2006-10-12, 10:17 AM
Ares laughs and runs after her.

npc4hire
2006-10-14, 09:18 AM
The rogue leaves the catacombs and squints at the morning light. The door closes behind him and he can't resist taking a good look at it. Traditional lock-picking skills would appear to be no help here: there are no visible locks to pick. Shrugging, he walks out of the temple, hands in his pockets and whistling a jaunty little tune to himself.

The_Librarian
2006-10-14, 11:29 AM
Greeny walks into the temple with a face like thunder and paces about in front of the statue of Bahamutte.

npc4hire
2006-10-14, 12:26 PM
The rogue walks into the temple and spots the wolf. *He smiles in relief.

"Hey wolf... Don't reckon that was our Ares. *Don't get so het up about it."

The wolf stops pacing.

"Different dimension, differenet aftershave, how am I supposed to know the difference?" *The rogue shrugs.

"Well, we'll let sis know anyway. *She should be warned if there's a double Ares wandering around."
[hr]
The rogue and Greeny leave the temple together.

Kyrian
2006-10-14, 02:44 PM
Kyrian leads Arha into the temple.

This one is Bahamutte's temple.

wxdruid
2006-10-14, 02:50 PM
She takes a look around and says, "Wow, this place is huge."

Kyrian
2006-10-14, 02:51 PM
Kyrian nods, then turns and smiles at Arha.

You know...I really enjoy spending time with you...

He then turns back and looks around the temple.

wxdruid
2006-10-14, 02:55 PM
She briefly wanders around, not touching anything. She ends up back by the door waiting for Kyrian.

Kyrian
2006-10-14, 02:58 PM
Where next?

wxdruid
2006-10-14, 03:02 PM
"You mentioned Inari's?"

Kyrian
2006-10-14, 03:03 PM
Kyrian nods and leads Arha.

wxdruid
2006-10-14, 03:13 PM
She leaves with Kyrian.

(after she's gone, the Temple feels like it has been desecrated)

ThomasJP
2006-10-14, 07:03 PM
Jim enters, overwhelmed by the size of the temple.

Wow, this place is huge...

Jim kneels down and prays, then he leaves.

npc4hire
2006-10-15, 06:31 AM
The librarian and Greeny walk into the temple together, and immediately, the librarian shudders.

"Ugh... something feels weird," she says, before her eyes widen and she runs for the catacombs door. *Greeny chases after her, whining anxiously.

The librarian slams her hand against the plate for opening the catacombs door, finding it a little easier to open now. As the door is halfway up, Greeny darts into the gloom, calling for Mortia. The librarian follows moments later, allowing the door to slide back into place behind her.

Ares
2006-10-15, 09:33 AM
Ares enters the temple. Seeing the door shut, he quickly vanishes.

The_Librarian
2006-10-15, 10:57 AM
The librarian, Ares and Greeny leave the catacombs, with the librarian pausing to ensure the door closes behind her. *Again, the librarian is struck with a sense of unease as she enters the temple. *She shivers, and Ares puts his arm around her. *Greeny fails to suppress a feral growl as they walk through the temple and out into the town.

Vindemiatrix
2006-10-15, 04:06 PM
*Vinde stops quivering, and there is a bright flash of golden light. When the light clears, Vinde is glowing with an otherworldly radiance. ((I.E., the 'tar, but with a golden aura instead of gray.)) He darts forward and slashes mVinde in the face with his claws.*
Wh-what? How...?
*Vinde smirks*
One of the things about not being evil is that you tend to have friends.

McBish
2006-10-15, 05:31 PM
McBish runs inside. "Hey who wants to help capture a evil god? The fight is going on out by the beholder." He then runs out again.

Jacklu
2006-10-15, 08:46 PM
A voice echos into the temple from outside. Help me platinum god! I need you to save me!

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-15, 08:59 PM
Mortia comes up from the catacombs, a slight bounce in his step, he turns around, and suddenly feels the atmosphere of the place. He shudders, knowing something is wrong. He hears the voice, and says,


Hello, is anyone there?

Jacklu
2006-10-15, 09:01 PM
((Actually the voice came from a figure outside the temple. He is looking for help from Bahamutte but would gladly use the assistance from one of his disiples.))

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-15, 09:23 PM
((gottcha. edited the last post. Glad to help if you want, as bahamutte is not available right now))

Hello?

Mortia says again,

I know theres someone here!

Jacklu
2006-10-15, 09:26 PM
A stangely familiar voice seems to wisper in your ear. Help me, I am in the streets, behind the building with the tiled roof. hurry, before its to late, bring a sleep spell.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-15, 09:28 PM
Mortia shudders once again in the feeling in his temple, thinking that he has to do something about that. He hears the voice, and follows it, leaving the desantified temple.

Im coming!

Mortia shouts into the air,

Stay where you are, help is on the way!

Vindemiatrix
2006-10-15, 10:22 PM
So, tell me...how exactly did you get this newfound strength of yours?
*Vinde ignores him, darting back for another hit. The solid dragon suddenly multiplies eightfold in size, and bats him away with a dismissive slap. He regains control while in the air, and begins zooming around far too quickly for the eye to follow.*
Well then...I didn't expect you to provide a challenge. This could be entertaining...

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-16, 04:10 AM
Mortia enters the temple, shivering visably as he feels that strange presence again.

The_Librarian
2006-10-16, 04:16 AM
Greeny chases in after the mayor, forgetting the curious feeling of unease and trying to stop himself, claws skittering uselessly on the stone. The librarian follows a few moments later, arms folded as though cold. She shivers again.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-16, 04:17 AM
So, do you have any idea what caused this? I didnt feel anything down in the cattacombs.

Mortia goes and puts his hand on a wall, then quickly pulls it back as if bitten.

Ares
2006-10-16, 04:18 AM
Ares wraps and arm around the librarian's shoulders, and rubs her shoulder.

"So you feel it too..."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-16, 04:19 AM
Yes, I feel it.

Mortia says, seeming to go a little pale.

I dont know what it is, but I dont like it, and it doesnt belong in this temple.

The_Librarian
2006-10-16, 04:22 AM
"I think that's the thing," the librarian says. "Something was here that shouldn't have been. But besides your other, I can't think of any stranger who's been here."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-16, 04:25 AM
Well, their was this disimbodied voice, but I didnt get a feeling of evil from that.

Mortia touches the wall again, this time, forcing himself to hold his hand there.

So... Cold....

He pulls back, and his palm looks burned,

It... It feels like pure evil....

Ares
2006-10-16, 04:27 AM
Ares looks around, wondering what could have caused this.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-16, 04:32 AM
have either of you seen any strangers around the temple lately? anyone that seems a little off center?

The_Librarian
2006-10-16, 04:32 AM
"I don't know what it was, and by the time we arrived, the scents had faded too much for Greeny to identify it.

The wolf whines.

"Sorry... besides, after last time, I try not to smell anything in the prescence of evil." He shudders.

"Sorry, we haven't seen anyone."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-16, 04:40 AM
Cant say I blame you there...

Mortia says to Greeny.

Let me try something, see if we can get rid of this.


Mortia goes into the back room, and comes out with a large bowl, a glass cover on top, with a carving of a pewter dragon on top. He pulls off the lid, and throws some of the water on the wall.

_________________________________________

(guess some simple solutions are allowed at times...))

the wall begins to hiss and spit, a slight glow coming from the spot where the water hit. On a whim, Mortia throws the rest of the water onto the wall, it does the same thing, and after, the temple feels slightly more holy than before, the power of darkness slightly subsided.

The_Librarian
2006-10-16, 04:44 AM
Greeny's tail wags as the water hits the wall, and the librarian visibly relaxes a little.

"What is that stuff?" she asks.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-16, 04:46 AM
Some holy water that Sariah left before she was possesed. Theres barrels of it back there. She must have known that she was going to loose control at some time.

The_Librarian
2006-10-16, 04:50 AM
The librarian sits down in a pew.

"It feels better. Well... at least we know how to get rid of it. Finding the cause could be harder."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-16, 05:23 AM
Mortia sits across from her, mindful of how close he is.

Yes, finding it could be trouble. I have never seen anything like this before. I dont understand what could have done this.

The_Librarian
2006-10-16, 05:29 AM
The librarian sighs and leans back in the pew, scratching Greeny's head fondly.

"It must have been bad... the temple never felt like this after your other came to visit. What would harm the sanctity of this place more than him?" She shudders. "No doubt something I would fear to meet on a dark night, that's for sure."

"Or in broad daylight," the wolf adds. He pauses and frowns. "What was in the orb, Mortia? The one your other smashed."

The librarian gives the wolf a resigned look of "did you have to remind me of that?"

Ares
2006-10-16, 05:31 AM
Ares sits down beside the librarian, and seriously debate cracking open one of the beers he brought from Trog's.

The_Librarian
2006-10-16, 07:59 AM
The librarian, realising her companions are asleep/in deep thought, gently untangles herself from Ares and looks meaningfully at Greeny. They move a little way away, and the librarian speaks quietly to the wolf. Greeny, having received his instructions, leaves the temple. The librarian walks to the catacombs door, no longer fearing to perform the rite which gains her entry, and walks inside, closing the door behind her.

npc4hire
2006-10-16, 08:11 AM
The rogue and Greeny enter the temple, keeping quiet so as not to awaken the others. Greeny settles himself under a pew out of sight of the others and keeps watch in silence. The rogue knocks on the catacombs door and it is opened from within by the librarian. He steps into the gloom, and the door is left open a crack behind him.

Ares
2006-10-16, 09:19 AM
Ares wakes up, and upons spotting the door open a crack, vanishes.

The_Librarian
2006-10-16, 12:40 PM
Greeny creeps out from under a pew and licks the sleeping Mortia's hand fondly.

"I'll be right back, promise."

With that, he hurries out of the temple.
[hr]
Greeny returns to the temple, looks thoughtfully at Mortia and then hides under a pew in case of returning evils.

Vindemiatrix
2006-10-16, 06:13 PM
*Vinde darts back and forth, frustrating the larger dragon, while delivering a blindingly fast series of claw swipes*
I don't care if you are me. I WILL renounce my past!
*He drives into mVinde's chest, claws first, at eighty miles per hour*
AAARGHHH!
*The larger dragon, now with cuts all over and a sizeable hole in his chest, angrily grabs his Medium counterpart*

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 03:42 AM
Greeny watches the clashing dragons in terror, before losing his nerve and fleeing the temple.
[hr]
"Greeny?"
The librarian leaves the catacombs, holding the door open for any who might be following her, and looking around the temple. However, as all seems quiet, she frowns.
"Hm... must have gone to Trog's."

Ares
2006-10-17, 04:01 AM
Ares steps out, beer in hand.

"No wolf?"

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 04:04 AM
The librarian allows the catacombs door to close and shakes her head.

"Probably went to Trog's," she says, smiling slightly. "I'll bet something spooked him."

Ares
2006-10-17, 04:06 AM
Ares yawns again, and turns to the librarian. He draws her close, and kisses her passionetly.

"I think I'm going to head home...get some rest. I'll see you again later? And stay safe, my love."

He waits to hear her response before leaving.

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 04:09 AM
"I will," she promises, before admiring him as he leaves and breaking into a girlish grin once he's out of sight. She turns to the statue of Bahamutte, but he has not spoken in so long.

Seeing Mortia still asleep in a pew, she walks out of the temple and into the rain.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-17, 04:29 AM
Mortia wakes up, not remembering falling asleep. He looks around the temple, glad to feel that its back to its old self. He stands and streaches, a large yawn cracking his jaw, and goes into his private room to clean and change.

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 05:14 AM
The wolf charges into the temple.

"HELP!!! HELP!!!" he barks, running up to the catacombs door. *He paws at it frantically, whining and yelping. *"For Bahamutte's sake, somebody HELP ME!!!"

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-17, 05:26 AM
Mortia comes from the cattacombs, seeing Greeny looking frantic.

Greeny? Whats wrong? Wheres Keff?

Mortia flinches and looks back at Libris at using her first name.

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 05:27 AM
The wolf *looks up at Mortia desperately.
"Your other... he's at Trog's, Libris is still there!"

"Hell no..." the rogue says quietly. *"She's done for! She can't fight him alone!"

"Wait, what did he just call her?"

"Not now!" the rogue barks at the wolf angrily.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-17, 05:35 AM
Mortia, filling with a deep rage, grows visably. His missing wing and bad leg seem to grow back, but become etheral, only partly there. He in one motion scoops up Greeny, and spreads his wings wide, a faint firy glow surrounds him.

Libris,

Mortia says, his voice a deadly calm.

Crawl onto my back.

npc4hire
2006-10-17, 05:38 AM
The rogue looks a little uneasy, but does as he's told.

Greeny chooses not to argue with a large draconic man.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-17, 05:42 AM
Mortia jumps into the air, and flys.
For the first time in a few months, he moves like a bolt of lightning, faster than mortaly possible. He is instantly out of the temple, and into the streets.

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 03:54 PM
The doors at the rear of the temple open with a creak which makes the librarian wince.

"So much for coming here quietly," she mutters, before finding, to her great relief, that the temple is empty. She sits down in a rear pew, choosing one in the shadows, though her light colour makes her easy to spot. She looks up at the statue and frowns.

Ares
2006-10-17, 04:02 PM
Ares enters the temple, and spots the librarian, but something tells him to stop.

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 04:09 PM
Libris looks up as Ares enters, but looks down again quickly.

"Sorry... I..." Words fail her. She takes a shuddering breath. She blinks and a tear runs down her face. She wipes it away irritably. "Gods, I hate him."

Ares
2006-10-17, 04:12 PM
Ares walks over to the librarian, and sits down beside her.

"It's ok...I understand. I'm here for you."

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 04:18 PM
I would like for you to deliver a message for me. Something that I dont think you, nor my other half will like very much. Do you accept?

She'd been terrified, and he'd been right up against her. Greeny... where was Greeny at that point?

... what sort of message?

She'd already told him to run, that's right. Making sure people were warned.

Just this...

The librarian brings her knees up to her chin and wraps her wings most of the way around her.

"He knew this was going to mess me up," she says bitterly as the tears flow more freely. "I'm not going to do this to anyone else!"

Ares
2006-10-17, 04:21 PM
Ares wraps his arms around the librarian, and holds her close, trying to comfort her.

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 04:24 PM
For a moment, the librarian freezes and she lets out a gasp as the message replays itself in her head. She swallows a sob and begins shaking slightly, but she doesn't pull away from Ares.

Ares
2006-10-17, 04:27 PM
Ares continues to hold her close.

"shh..shh...it's all going to be ok....we're going to get through this together."

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 04:30 PM
"I don't think we can beat him... Mortia's so sure, but we can't find him - he always brings the fight to us. And he's too strong. We need you and Kyrian or we're dead. And as for Sariah-" The trembling increases. "What do we do? We can't hurt her, we want to save her!"

Ares
2006-10-17, 04:33 PM
"We'll beat him....we will, I promise you."

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 04:37 PM
Libris' wings fold back a little and she rests her head again Ares' shoulder. She takes hold of his hand and closes her eyes, forcing herself to examine the message for any sign of location

As she does so, she continues to tremble and her grip on Ares' hand increases.

"I just wish I could see something that would help us!" She stops and the tears come once more. "I'm sorry..."

Ares
2006-10-17, 04:40 PM
Ares kisses the top of the librarian's head.

"It's ok..."

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 04:50 PM
The creaking rear door opens again, this time admitting the Greeny Wolf into the temple. He spots Ares and the librarian immediately, notes that the librarian is upset and hesitates.

"Bad time, huh?" he asks awkwardly.

"'Course not, Greeny," she replies, scratching his head fondly.

"Thought you'd want to know... Hawkeye's back in town. Looking well. Didn't know about the wolf village though, so I've given him plenty to worry over, but he's alive and Merant's been caged."

The librarian smiles.
"Thanks wolf, I needed some good news."

"Look, uh, I've been building up your tab a bit at Trog's. Just tea, I swear - don't let Cosmo charge you extra. But I think he wants paying."

The librarian sighs.
"I'll be right back," she says, hopping over the back of the pew and walking out into the town. Greeny watches her go, then turns to Ares.

"Our boy's not right. I don't know where he is now, he kept that quiet, but I do know that he and Hawkeye used to be close and they really aren't now."

Ares
2006-10-17, 04:52 PM
"Anything else?" Ares scratches Greeny's head.

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 04:56 PM
"Not much. *I probably could have sat on his and Arha's table for all the attention he was paying the rest of the patrons, and I might have heard where he was going too. *Arha herself? Not a shy girl by any means. *Other than that, I couldn't see anything weird about her. *Libris could cast a Detect Evil on her, but she doesn't like that spell - she thinks it's rude."

Ares
2006-10-17, 04:57 PM
"Thanks for the help Greeny."

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 04:58 PM
"No problem... now what's wrong with the librarian?" he asks, looking at Ares questioningly.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-17, 05:00 PM
(ooh! recap?)

(V awwww *pouts*)

Ares
2006-10-17, 05:00 PM
"It's up to her if she wants to tell you...sorry Greeny."

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 05:06 PM
((LAST TIME on the boards...
Mortia has split into two - the noble mayor we love, and an evil version (Death by the Moonlit Dragon). DbtMD went to Trog's Tavern in the early hours of the morning and forced a very disturbing vision into the librarian's head which has been haunting her ever since. DbtMD then kidnapped the rogue and started to kill him slowly. Kyrian came to the rescue, but the rogue chose to take his own poison rather than die in such a horrible manner. Kyrian revived him, and DbtMD escaped...))

Greeny looks at Ares suspiciously.

"So she hasn't told you anything?" he asks.

Ares
2006-10-17, 05:08 PM
"Not really, no."

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 05:12 PM
Greeny sighs.
"Damn, that's all we need. Any idea what the other Mortia actually did to her in the tavern? Not that I'm complaining, but I was amazed she came out of there alive."

Ares
2006-10-17, 05:13 PM
"She's ignored my question when I asked."

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 05:21 PM
"Sounds like she's spooked about something then," the wolf replies worriedly. "Gah! That dratted dragon!" he barks suddenly. He paces for a momemt. "We've got Kyrian going... odd. We've got the librarian shutting down on us and the rogue's fled back to Clawgrave! Sooner or later it's just going to be you and Mortia fighting this thing."

Ares
2006-10-17, 05:22 PM
Ares puts his head in his hands.

"I know Greeny...."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-17, 05:27 PM
(thanks Libris. Damn my need to sleep and miss a lot of good stuff.)

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 05:33 PM
((No probs llama :)))

The wolf paces the temple's main aisle.
"The rogue'll come back for his sister and Mortia. *If nothing else, then Libris can open the catacombs door and Mortia has all the books on dragons. *The librarian's sticking around for us. *She might shutting down, but she's not out yet. *That leaves Kyrian. *What do we do about him?"

Ares
2006-10-17, 05:35 PM
"Hope he comes to his senses...we have too much to try and deal with his problem personally at this time."

The_Librarian
2006-10-17, 05:38 PM
Greeny looks about to argue when he freezes.

"Just how long does it take to pay a tab anyway?" He looks at Ares in alarm, and then bolts for the temple exit.

Ares
2006-10-17, 05:42 PM
Ares follows.

Vindemiatrix
2006-10-17, 06:59 PM
*In another, apparently extratemporal and extradimensional, part of the temple, the two dragons are still fighting. The enormous, solid one has his smaller counterpart gripped in one hand, and squeezes. Vinde gasps.*
That's right...no one can outrun their past. It is always a part of you...watching, waiting for the right chance to strike, to reassert itself.
You may be my pas-AAAGHHHH!
*He pants*
But you're also...my opposite.
Then let's make it a one-sided coin, shall we?

The_Librarian
2006-10-18, 03:15 AM
The librarian enters the temple of Bahamutte with a worried looking Greeny behind her. She barely looks around at the temple's surroundings and falls to her knees before the statue, wings very much unfurled as she clutches at her head.

"Libris, come on, what was it Ares kept saying? We'll get through this together. You don't have to carry this alone."

The librarian lets go of her head and shakes it.
"No... I can't inflict this on anyone else. Besides, it's not something I can put so well into words... I've tried."

Ares
2006-10-18, 04:09 AM
Ares enters the temple, and makes his way to the librarian. He sits in the first row, and waits for her to say anything.

The_Librarian
2006-10-18, 04:18 AM
The librarian turns to look at Ares and she manages a weak smile.

"I'm sorry for keeping you awake," she says sadly.

Ares
2006-10-18, 04:19 AM
"You're fine, my love. A bit bad with notes, but fine."

Ares gives the librarian a smile to show he's teasing her.

The_Librarian
2006-10-18, 04:25 AM
The librarian gets to her feet, bows to the statue and sits on the pew near Ares.

"Ah yes," she says. "Wait, bad on notes? Oh gods, I suppose it's been a while." She leans back in the pew. "So many odd little things happening in the town these days... I'm sure a singing paladin wasn't the strangest thing to happen."

Ares
2006-10-18, 04:26 AM
Ares tries to keep a straight face.

"It was one of the funnier things to happen..."

He scoots closer to the librarian, smiling at her.

The_Librarian
2006-10-18, 04:39 AM
The librarian sighs.

"Got to have some way of letting off steam," she says. *"At least, a way which doesn't get anybody hurt. *Or a way which would only hurt the other Mortia," she adds. *"I'm trying not to lose faith... but I am. *I can't see a way around this without hurting innocents." *She frowns, picks up her notebook and finds one of the prophecies.


Fate can turn a strange hand. The good is bad, and the bad is good, evil does righteous things, and the righteous do evil. Don't put your faith in the mundane, only in the great. Beware the one who is not one, for his fate is both blessing and curse.

Ares
2006-10-18, 04:46 AM
Ares gently lays his hand on hers.

"Don't lose faith, dear..."

The_Librarian
2006-10-18, 04:50 AM
"...maybe I'm supposed to."
She pulls her hands away suddenly as if burned, and closes her eyes... but the wolf has seen this happen too many times during the night and he bites her arm, waking her up again.

"Stop going back to it!" he barks.

The librarian curls up on the pew again.
"It's always there, wolf... I think he wants to drive me mad."

Ares
2006-10-18, 04:52 AM
Ares looks down at his hands, and the floor, and says nothing.

The_Librarian
2006-10-18, 04:59 AM
The librarian looks at Ares, and there is a faint desperation in her eyes.

"Do you think I should deliver the message?" she asks him.

Ares
2006-10-18, 05:01 AM
Ares continues to stare at his hands, for the first time, feeling useless to help protect the woman he loves.

"I don't know."

The_Librarian
2006-10-18, 05:08 AM
The librarian gets to her feet and slowly paces before the statue. She's unsurprised Ares doesn't have the answer - this is an impossible decision she has to make, but one she knew she'd have to in one way or another at some point. She hoped circumstances would intervene to make it easier, but it has only grown harder with time.

She vaguely wonders if the rogue would know, not that it matters. He has gone back to Clawgrave, and she would not be surprised if it was quite some time before he returned again.

Finally, she kneels before the statue once more.

"At some point," she says. "I'm going to make a mistake. Maybe I already have. It's my fault the other has become so powerful. If so, then I know this decision is the right one. But if not, then this could destroy Mortia. But I have to choose at some point.

"I'll pass on the message."

Ares
2006-10-18, 05:19 AM
Ares looks up slowly at the librarian.

"It's going to be ok...I love you dear..."

The_Librarian
2006-10-18, 05:24 AM
The librarian walks back to Ares and, a little hesitantly at first, wraps her arms around him. The wolf whines anxiously, nervous about what will happen as a result of the decision.

Ares
2006-10-18, 05:25 AM
"We're going to get through this..."

Ares holds her close, and thinks of how he'll never let her go.

The_Librarian
2006-10-18, 05:30 AM
"I think I'll try and get some sleep," the librarian says, pulling away from Ares regretfully. "I'll head home. Wolf?"

"Yep," the wolf replies, following the librarian as she heads out of the temple.

Ares
2006-10-18, 05:32 AM
Ares stands and follows.

Vindemiatrix
2006-10-19, 09:54 AM
*mVinde simply stands there, chanting something.*
Wha-what are you doing?
*The larger dragon grins, and keeps chanting, becoming louder and louder.*
Alarra nellari remalla. Alarra nellari remalla. Alarra nellari remalla. Alarra nellari remalla. Alarra nellari remalla.
*Vinde struggles helplessly in the chanting dragon's grip.*

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-20, 01:48 AM
((sorry vin, for kinda ignoring you battle, I have been watching though, and its going well...))

Mortia walks into the temple, and into his private chambers.

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 03:01 AM
Looking anxious, the librarian walks into the temple of Bahamutte and sits in one of the rearmost pews. She curls up, bringing her knees up to her chin and wrapping her wings around herself to keep out a chill which has little to do with the weather.

CabbageTheif
2006-10-20, 03:06 AM
the kender was in the neighborhood and caught a glimpse of its old friend. it enters the temple at a jog trying to catch up to libris.

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 03:08 AM
"Kender!" The librarian breaks into a heartfelt smile and uncurls a little. "How are you, old friend?"

CabbageTheif
2006-10-20, 03:09 AM
CT skips up to libris and gives her a hug

i'm fine, i'm fine. saw you as i was heading home, and i thought i would catch up with you. how have you been?

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 03:14 AM
The librarian smiles and is about to reply something along the lines of "Very well," but stops. She shakes her head.

"Not good. Not good at all." She sighs. "I was given a message, a vision, I should say, to deliver. However, the vision is a most upsetting one and it's been affecting me and... poor Ares, I don't think he understands. As for Greeny, he grieves. He chooses to stay at home rather than come into the town a lot these days. He took the loss of his cub hard." She takes a deep breath. "I've known better times."

CabbageTheif
2006-10-20, 03:18 AM
oh, libris, it seems your life is falling apart right now! dont you worry, dear, cabbagetheif is here now. *so, i have been out of the loop. *what is this upseting vision, why has it affected you and ares, and if i start a fundraiser couldnt we do a full res for the cub?

::hugs tight::

if there is any way i can help, just ask

((how do you link the town comics?))

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 03:31 AM
(([ url = http://www.town-comic.com/ ] *put the img tags in here* [ / url]

The hug brings the smile back to Libris' face.

"That's sweet, really, but we have no idea where the cub's body is... or even if there is one. We can't even confirm that he's dead it's just... he went to the werewolf village with Asi and hasn't been seen since and the village itself was razed, the villagers slaughtered. *We know the paladin called Psyche is behind it, but he has not been seen in quite some time.

"As for the vision-" She shakes her head. *"No, I can't inflict it on anyone else. *It was given to me by an evil duplicate of Mortia, calling himself Death by the Moonlit Dragon. *Except, he's no longer just a duplicate - he is almost godlike in power since... since I accidentally gave him a very powerful artefact." She hangs her head for a moment. *"Gods, I'm an idiot. *And as for Sariah, the mayor's daughter... you met her, in fact, a long time ago. *Lykan had been murdered in the milk bar and you and Greeny and others brought him here... we thought Sariah was Mortia's sister, but she's not, she's his daughter. *She's been possessed by a foul creature and serves the Moonlit Dragon." She shudders. *"I have seen how evil he is... I don't think we can defeat him, and I know something bad's coming but I don't know how to stop it. *I've been working on written versions of Mortia's visions, but while he believes they lead us to victory, I believe they foretell our doom."

She groans and leans back in the pew.

"Same old, same old. *Big bad evil, stupid mortal paladin doesn't know how to fight it."

CabbageTheif
2006-10-20, 03:42 AM
the kender listened intently, and responded intensly
your not just a stupid mortal paladine, libris. you are a stupid mortal paladine with a wolf ranger friend and a cleric of fharlaghgn kender backing you up!

but, without jest, i beleive in you. i am not fit to be a leader.... i am to floaty, to irrisponcible. i am a kender, for petes sake! who ever takes me seriously? but you.... you are someone who i have come to admire, who i want to be a little more like. we have gone into battle before together, and never once did i doubt that you could protect us. i so trusted you that the one time you were possessed i was to stupid to realize it and trusted you completley, even after you hurt me!

i dont care what comes agaisnt us. you have the spirit and the strength to withstand it, and i can only pray that i will be half as strong as you. lead us into battle, and i will follow you even to the depths of hades.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-20, 03:47 AM
Mortia comes out of his private chambers, looking cleaned and refreshed.

Oh, hello you two. What are you talking about?

He says, his limp barely noticeable.

CabbageTheif
2006-10-20, 03:49 AM
the kender waves

i think that libris needs a hug. do you need one too?

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 03:52 AM
The librarian gives a so-so sort of shake of her head, neither a nod or a no.

"All I know is that if I walked away, I would have no right to call myself a paladin. *I have to try, for Sariah and Mortia's sakes. *But you see why I can't show people the vision? *If they saw it, they'd be about as optimistic of our chances as I am right now and Mortia... if he saw..." *She shakes her head. *"I wish I could forget what I saw, but the vision was put in here-" she taps her head with a finger. *"With quite some force. *He's not going to let me forget it."

She looks at the kender and manages a small smile.

"When this is all over, you give me a good kick in the shin and tell me I was stupid, right?"

She gives a small yelp of surprise as she sees Mortia.

"You've gotten far too good at sneaking around," she says, pouting slightly.

CabbageTheif
2006-10-20, 03:59 AM
probably, but then i'd feel bad and cure light wounds it right away.

but when i said into hades, i ment it. *divine spellcaster to divine spellcaster, i want you to know that i am ready to die for the good of the town, and for you. i am a kender, i feel no fear

the kender curls up with its small-sized catagory self cuddled next to its 'big sister' figure

besides, betwenn you, me, and mortia, we have enough godly might to smite anything that crosses our path! and i have ::yawn:: the protection domain. *i will keep you safe.... ::roll over, settle down:: i... promise...

((its 4 in the morning here, miss brit. i am going to have to call it a night. i will read up on your reply tomorrow, but sleep becons. goodnight to you as well, mort))

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 04:01 AM
The librarian bites her lip to stop herself giggling a little... what is it about kenders that do that to people?

((Might be Monday, Kender - the boards are going down today until then))

Ares
2006-10-20, 04:07 AM
Ares enters the temple, and heads for the llibrarian.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-20, 04:08 AM
Mortia, hearing the tail end of that conversation, moves in closer,

You had another vision? Wow. Maybe you to be a profit too. Whats did it tell you?

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 04:13 AM
The librarian looks at Ares and Mortia and freezes.

"I know about what was in the orb," she says. "I know they were the ashes of Tiamat. You won't believe how powerful the Moonlit Dragon has become from them... He's too powerful, Mortia."

She thinks of the rest of her vision, and looks down at the floor, tears welling up in her eyes. She can't do it. She can't say it.

Ares
2006-10-20, 04:18 AM
Ares runs forward and puts an arm around the librarian.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-20, 04:23 AM
Ive had a similar vision,

Mortia says, hesitation in his voice.

But there was more to it, and I think that you know that.

Ares
2006-10-20, 04:25 AM
Ares looks up and throws a glare at Mortia.

"Can't you see what this is doing to her? Stop trying to make her recall the damn vision."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-20, 04:28 AM
Denying, or hidding the truth doesnt stop it from being. Truth is truth. Nothing can change that.

Mortia says, his voice contained anger.

To try to do so is foolishness. Of my knowlage, no two profits ever have the same vision, for two to happen, must mean something important, but with diffrences. If we are to defeat our enemies, I need to know those diffrances, so that I may act accordingly.

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 04:43 AM
The librarian looks at Ares gratefully, and then turns to Mortia.

"This vision was forced upon me by your other. You have to understand... he told me to pass it on, knowing it will hurt you." She close her eyes for a moment. "I can still see it as clearly now as when he showed me," she says, her voice now a little shaky. "I don't want to hurt you!"

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-20, 04:50 AM
Mortia goes down on his knee before her, leaning down, a sincarity in his eyes, his momentary anger forgoten. He looks at her dead in the eye, forcing her attention to her.

Libris, know that you wont hurt me, that what ever was revealed to you, is not your doing. The information may be painful, but my other half is proud, and likes to gloat. I have a feeling that will be his downside. I need to hear what he showed you, I need all the knowlage I can get. It isnt your doing, its his.

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 05:05 AM
The librarian takes a deep breath.

"I felt his power, how he's nearly become godlike, and how he gained this strength from the ashes of Tiamat. *I saw to very depths of his evil soul, an all-consuming evil, a thick, chaotic blackness.

"Then... then I saw him... and Sariah..." *Her nerve seems to be failing her. *She closes her eyes again and starts to shiver. *"Sariah is with child," she says swiftly, before opening her eyes and looking sick. "Mortia... I'm sorry..."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-20, 05:20 AM
Mortia hadn't know what he had been prepared to hear, but it certainly wasn't that. He falls back in shock, his jaw working for a moment before any sounds come out. His eyes wide, and his scythe fills the temple with noise as it clatters to the ground.

No, that cant be.. He's part of me.. that wou....


Mortia's eyes go slack, his jaw closes, and his lips press tight. His entire body goes rigid, arms locked by his side. the Sa'a in his eyes begins to move rapidly, up, down, side to side, and soon his entire eyes go black. He begins to speak, but as he does, his voice becomes more than one, like voices raised from the crypt, a howl of souls trapped in anguish.

Power stolen, power gained, the power over life, and the power over the grave. Illusions and magic, are all the same, power over life, power over the grave.

He takes in a deep breath, gasping for air. His body lifts into the air, and his limbs outstreach, and his back arches. The ethereal wing appears, and stretches tight. A glow begins to surround him, firy and intense. Both the others feel the power coming from Mortia, more than Libris felt from DbtMD, more than a human body should be able to hold. The air begins to crackle with the force of such power.

Mystweaver
2006-10-20, 05:20 AM
Mystweaver walks in to the temple followed by Khasim the Red Fox. They are both looking up and all around clearly astounded by its magnificence.
Noticing the damage from recent battle and the group of people, he stands back out of the way but in clear sight.

If Myst catches your eye, he waves politely.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-20, 05:27 AM
((hello!!! *reaches into bag, gives wooden sword and sheild* here, youll need these. Gets kinda rough around here...))

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 05:28 AM
The librarian backs off hurriedly and watches the mayor in terror.

"MORTIA!" she cries. "No, no, this can't be happening!" She dimly recalls a line of prophecy-

Beware the one who is not one, for his fate is both blessing and curse.

"Mortia please... come back!" she calls, breaking down into tears.

Mystweaver
2006-10-20, 05:29 AM
Mystweaver looks around confused and worried at all the heightened emotion flying about.


He mutters a few words and casts a spell ((Polymorph any object))
A piece of rubble in front of Libris turns into a box of tissues.
Uttering a few shorter phrases another spell is cast ((Mage Hand)) and the box is levitated towards Libris and one corner of a tissue pulled out for easy takings.

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 05:34 AM
((That's very cute, Myst, but currently her friend would appear to have been possessed by many... things. She's a little bit worried, and might not notice much else that's going on around her.))

Mystweaver
2006-10-20, 05:36 AM
((I figured that from reading this entire board *::) But my character is none the wiser))
The box of tissues follows Libris ;D

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-20, 05:36 AM
Mortia now unhuman voice grows louder, and in intensity. It sounds like all the voices of the undead are using him as a conduit. The glow, and the power around him grows likewize. The Sa'a seem to come out of his black eyes, a single dot, no bigger than an iris, and begins to spin around him, so fast a black line is seen all around him.

An unholy union, the vessle of her, the never dead. Child born, and a child dead, forlorn existance spiteful. birth of and out of sin, child of demons, child of light, terra destroyed, a candle snuffed under the flame of vengance...

Suddenly, the power reverts back into Mortia, the etheral wing dissapears, and Mortia falls back to the ground, landing on a pew, snapping it in half under his massive waight. He doesnt seem to be breathing.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-20, 05:38 AM
((Oh!! a cute, friendly newb!! can I keep him Libris? can I? ;D))

Mystweaver
2006-10-20, 05:40 AM
((Waves innocently, btw, Myst is anything but cute... quite evil looking, pale, gaunt and old looking for a halfling))

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 05:40 AM
((But you never looked after the last one, Mortia, did you? *sigh* Poor little guy... *ahem*))

"NO!" *She runs towards Mortia's side, falls to her knees and presses two fingers to the side of his neck, trying desperately to find a pulse. *At the same time, she lowers an ear towards his mouth tosee if she can hear or feel him breathing.

Mystweaver
2006-10-20, 05:42 AM
Myst paces quickly over to the fallen and hurt being now lying lifeless on the floor next to Libris
Oh my, is there anything I can do
Myst reaches into a side pocket of his backpack and procudes a potion
This is a heal potion... it might help I hope?

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-20, 05:42 AM
Week pulse, shallow breath. The Sa'a still floating around him...

((healing potions never work on Mortia, thats why he has a busted up avatar right now... Thanks though..))

(( and this is where I leave you for the night. See you when the boards come back up!

Muhahahaha!!))

((Ok, evil looking halfling newb with a nice streak! can I keep him!! ;)))

Mystweaver
2006-10-20, 05:45 AM
(What time do the boards go down?)

InaVegt
2006-10-20, 05:46 AM
((We don't know, I guess when Rich wakes up))

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-20, 05:50 AM
(( hey M, (yes, im lazy) I just read your back story, and I must say, Im intrigued. If your wanting a mentor, I would be willing to take on the task.))

((when the boards come back up that is))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 05:50 AM
((Darn you and your cliffhanger Mortia. I had to stabbity you for that.))

Mystweaver
2006-10-20, 05:52 AM
(Sure, Ive just been pottering about going from place to place and looking in on some events and general craziness that goes on around in town. Met a few good people and been scared by a few strange things (such as the red thing whom i thought was a demon coming to destroy us all!))

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 05:53 AM
The librarian shakes her head.

"He's alive... barely," she says to Mystweaver. She now spots the floating box of tissues and grabs one to wipe her face with. "It's been our experience that healing magic doesn't work on him."

She gets to her feet.

"Wait here a sec." She runs off to a backroom and reappears lugging a Mortia-sized blanket. She pulls this over the fallen mayor and sits on the floor beside him and Mystweaver.

"I don't know what this means," she says. "But I've been possessed before and know many who have, and it rarely ends happily for them or the ones who care about them."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-20, 05:54 AM
((contact me when the boards come back up, and I would be glad to show you around. ))


((and for all of you who are calling me evil, No, Im going to wait for the boards to come back up before I finish this little thing. I like the suspence that Im creating...))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 05:55 AM
((Myst might find meeting Destro interesting, if we're ever in the same place at the same time. Course I could say the same about meeting everyone in the town but that just wouldn't be a shameless plug of my own character now would it? ;D))

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 05:55 AM
((Don't believe him! He's evil! EVILLLLL!!!!! He just likes toying with you all!
@V Not you, Destro - the mayor!))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 05:57 AM
((Hey, I never called you evil. I mean, all you did was feed my imagination unecisarily.))
((^: yeah, that's what I meant. Imagination rising... urge to sleep failing...))

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 06:00 AM
The librarian settles down to keep watch over the mayor, checking his breathing occasionally. A frown of concern now seems to have taken up permanent residence on her face, until sleep takes her...

((Yeah, I gotta go too.))

Mystweaver
2006-10-20, 06:01 AM
(and this is why i like the sound of this crazy town... everyone is nuts ::) *Yay! Somewhere I might fit in :-/)

Mystweaver, seeing that things have calmed down and are looking a slightly bit better leaves the now resting Libris and Mayor in peace.

Come on Khasim, it looks like we cannot be of help here either. Perhaps another time

Mystweaver picks up the coffer that is lying upturned in the antechamber and puts a couple of coins in.
He walks towards the entrance of the temple, turns and bows before the great dragons, and leaves.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 06:02 AM
((Exactly! Yay for crazy necromancers! ;D))

Mystweaver
2006-10-20, 06:05 AM
(Blinking steriotype! Why does everyone presume that if you are pasty faced gaunt old half-undead-looking sorcerer that you are a necromancer *;))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 06:12 AM
((Well, Destro is a necromancer and he looks nothing like that. Though that is just an illusion hiding the fact that he's actually a lich... As for the stereotype it's probably the half-undead looking bit. You should have seen the Masters. First time they posted everyone assumed the character was old because he had white hair. ;D))

Mystweaver
2006-10-20, 06:44 AM
((I might have a tweak about with my picture, white hair might to the trick! Lich eh? That could work with my character background/plotline (not yet revealed)))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 06:48 AM
((It makes sense for mine. Destro is paranoid beyond all belief of his own death.))

Ares
2006-10-20, 06:58 AM
Ares wakes up and yells at his player for not waking up sooner. He then gently picks up the sleeping librarian, and hold's her close, sitting in a pew and holding her as she sleeps.

CabbageTheif
2006-10-20, 10:04 AM
the kender wakes up and sees that something went down. mortia under a blanket, ares asleep in a pew with libris curled up on him.... and a floating box of tissues.

seeing the tissues, the kender giggles. it walks over to them and starts talking to the cubical aparatus. after a few friendly words, the kender turns, and whistles for the box. the box now follows the kender like a floating, cube-shaped, soft paper-filled puppy.

the kender named it squishy.

Vindemiatrix
2006-10-20, 01:24 PM
((DUN DUN DUN!!!))

*Meanwhile, in another wing of the temple, mVinde has almost finished his spell.*

What those outside the spell see
The two dragons (and anyone else unfortunate enough to be in the spell's radius) blur, and then melt away into nothingness, leaving an empty room.

What those inside the spell see
The Temple of Bahmutte (Mirror) (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1161365470;s tart=0#1)

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-27, 11:21 PM
Mortia's eyes flutter open, his eyes wide and gazing. He looks around, trying to see where he is. After a moment, he sees that he is in the Temple of Bahamutte, and he sees Libris and Ares curled together on a pew. He stands, noticing that a blanket is covering him. He takes it, and places it over the two on the pew, and turns back to where he was laying. He sees the shattered pew, and scoorches on the walls around him.

Thats strange

He thinks,

What happened here? Why am I not in pain?

He goes into his private study, not noticing that his wing is back, and his limp is gone....

The_Librarian
2006-10-28, 02:06 PM
The librarian wakes up, aching all over from her long sleep on the pew. She immediately notices the lack of mayor and sits up suddenly, cuasing the blanket to fall away. She carefully places this back over Ares.

With a curse and some anxious pacing, she examines the scorched and broken pews where Mortia fell and covers her mouth with her hand.

Damn it, where's he gone?!
---------------------
She looks up as Greeny enters the temple and hugs the wolf in relief.

"Where's Mortia?"

"I don't know. When I woke up, he was gone." The librarian folds her arms and begins pacing again.

"Everyone else okay?" the wolf asks. The librarian nods.

"As far as I know. I can't spend another night asleep on a pew, though." She appraches the statue and finds the sleeping mat her brother had often used here. She shrugs a little at Greeny and then settles down upon it, the wolf by her side.

"Just five minutes' rest, wolf, then we'll see if we can find the mayor..."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-29, 03:40 AM
Mortia comes back out from his anti room, and begins to walk around the temple. He starts noticing things that he hadnt noticed before, cracks in the walls, the detail of the paintings, the smells of mortar and spackle, details that for some reason had excaped his notice before. In his pacing, he sees a sword laying on the ground. He goes up for a closer look. It sits near where Libris is, and it strikes Mortia as familiar. He goes up and bends down next to it, his wings pulsing slightly, as if flexing.
He bends down next to it, and suddenly knows where he has seen it before.

This is Sariah's sword.

He grabs it, not knowing why, but knowing that he must. It was her link to Bahamutte, a present given by the dragon god for her to use. It being seperated from her could not bode well. The moment he grabs it, he feels a warmth go throughout his entire body, a shiver down his spine. He seems to go into a type of trance, stairing off into nowhere, the sa'a in his eye starting to pulse again...

((Psst, Libris, E-mail me at the address in my sig...))

The_Librarian
2006-10-29, 06:56 AM
((Done and done - check your inbox.))

InaVegt
2006-10-29, 07:01 AM
Gezina suddenly swirls into the temple, looking around.

They send me to the wrong temple, apparently.
__________________

After a while she leaves.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 02:40 AM
Mortia goes into another trance, but this time, it seems more controled. The Sa'a leaves his eye again, and begins to circle around his body. A faint glow begins, and grows quickly in intensity. It seems a living liquid thing, coating his body in light. The reflections on the walls seem to be like sunshine reflected on water, bathing the entire temple in a brilliant light...

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 03:17 AM
The librarian and Greeny wake up, squinting at the light.

"'s too bright for dawn," the wolf growls sleepily. The librarian nods at him and gets toher feet, eyes beginning to adjust to the glare.

"Mortia? Is that you?" she asks tentatively, approaching the source of the glow.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 03:22 AM
The liquid light twists and bends, a thing alive and with purpose. Small pebles on the ground begin to get blown away, The sword in Mortia's hand seems to be glowing more brightly than anything else.

All in the room feel a peace come over them from the light; as if it were something pure and good.

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 03:32 AM
It is Mortia... but she fights the feelings of peace and forces herself to concentrate. Greeny, however, lies back down on the sleeping mat in contentment.

"Mortia, are you all right?"

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 03:39 AM
Mortia, trapped in a caccon of light is unable to answer, as he cant respond.

A strange voice comes from the air, seeming from everywhere and no where, the voice is neither male nor female, but something inbetween.

Be still, young servant.


The voice rings through the air like a hammer, soothing, yet to intense for human ears. Libris recognises the voice...

Mortia, with the light bathing him in raidance, seems to be in a perfect rapture.

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 03:44 AM
Libris hangs her head for a moment, humbled. She returns to her sleeping mat and kneels beside the wolf, whose tail has begun to wag enthusiastically.

"You can speak to us again?" she asks. "Did you heal Mortia?"

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 03:49 AM
Yes, I may speak,

The voice booms,

For a short time. Please, listen closely. I have not much time...



From behind the vail of light, a single tear can be seen rolling down Mortia's face. The light seems to be taking shape...

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 03:52 AM
Libris and Greeny remain quiet, ready to listen. While Greeny's attention is wholly on the light, the librarian's attention occasionally drifts to the mayor, noting the tear and trying not to worry.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 03:59 AM
Worry not, my daughter, he is in no pain. Quite the oppisite.

The voice pauses, another tear rolls down Mortia's cheek.

When I realease my choosen, he will be in a state of shock. I am equiping him with my armor, and with it, some of my powers. He will try to remove it, he wont say why, but you must keep it on him. Do you understand?

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 04:03 AM
The librarian nods.

"But why will he try to remove it?" she asks.

Ares
2006-10-30, 04:03 AM
Ares stands quickly, with a start.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 04:08 AM
That is his reason, and not mine to say.

the voice says, an urgency apearing in the voice,

The dark one you seek, the ballance to my choosen, go north. Find the cave that can not be found. Seek the glory of the light, and you will prevail. The days of this trial are numbered, but the outcome is not yet determined....

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 04:11 AM
"What of the child Sariah carries? What does it mean?"

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 04:19 AM
ABOMINATION!!!

THe voice echos through the temple, shaking some of the mortor loose from the walls, its anger a pain to the ears of those listening.

It must not leave her womb. That vile creature must not breath its own breath, see with its own eyes. It is a defile of all I stand for. That child must die, for it will be the end of life, if it be born.

The voice softens, a tension still there.

Know that you face no mortal foe, but the powers of my enemy. You face the wrath of Tiamat herself should you fail. You each have your blessings from me, in your own way. Use them.

And you, Ares...

Ares
2006-10-30, 04:21 AM
Ares quickly shuts his eyes, hiding them from the librarian, and nods to the voice.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 04:25 AM
You walk with humans, you talk with mortals. Yet you are not one of them. You will live long past all the others in this room are dead.

The voice pauses, waiting for a response. Mortia, inside his cacoon of light, has stains on his cheeks, from the tears that wont stop coming...

Ares
2006-10-30, 04:26 AM
"Don't remind me..."

His eyes remain closed.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 04:30 AM
Know this!

The voice booms, knocking more motor from the walls.

If you choose to stand with them, you will be standing as them. The choice is yours, but make it now, and see what I would reveal...

Ares
2006-10-30, 04:32 AM
Ares eyes snap open, as they fade back to their original color.

"I stand with them."

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 04:33 AM
"NO!" The librarian scrambles to her feet, looking from the light to Ares. "Don't, please Ares... Don't give up the immortal life!"

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 04:35 AM
Verry well.

A tendril of the light goes from Mortia, to Ares. Gentily, it begins to caress him, almost like a lover, it embraces him. His eyes go dark for a moment, a vision filling his eyes.

It is done. I must go now, My time is almost spent. There remains enough for one question, but ask wizely...

Ares
2006-10-30, 04:36 AM
((One question? Um...what the shock just happened?))

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 04:40 AM
((PM in route. Dont want to make all my secrets public...))

Ares
2006-10-30, 04:42 AM
"Can this vision be stopped, or will it come to pass either way?"

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 04:50 AM
Greeny whines gently and licks the librarian's hand as he gets to his feet. The librarian looks at him and bites her lip.

"This can't be happening..." she says quietly.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 04:53 AM
As with all things proficy, it is but one thread in the pattern. It is what might come...

The voice fades with this sentance, seeming to come from a great distance. The light around Mortia fades as well, save one liquid tenticle of it. The tenticle reaches out and carress Libris, stroking her face. A final message comes out, the voice loving and gentile...

Trust your heart...

And with that the light is gone. Mortia, now kneeling, wears a bright shining armor, his scythe is gone, but he carries a massive sword. It is placed infront of him, point down into the ground. The cross guard resembles the dragon that was on his scythe, the blade the same as Sariah's, but larger. Though the light is gone, a faint shakana glory seems to stay around Mortia. He kneels infront of a massive window, the sun setting behind him...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/quitmeyer1892/Mortia.jpg

Ares
2006-10-30, 04:54 AM
Ares looks at the librarian.

I'm...sorry...

((And we might be having a slight problem with Libris' account))

npc4hire
2006-10-30, 05:00 AM
The librarian (yes, still me, I had to switch accounts to post) looks at Ares and Mortia.

Not as sorry as I am, she thinks to herself. She remembers Bahamutte's instructions and goes to kneel beside the mayor.

"Mortia, are you all right?"

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 05:04 AM
Yes, I.. I think so..

He says, standing to his feet, his wings going down his back, the sword still clutched tightly in his hand.

I just had another vision, thats all...

He takes in the mood of the room,

Whats going on?

Ares
2006-10-30, 05:05 AM
Ares slides back into the pew, and covers his face with his hands.

what have I done... he thinks to himself.

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 05:11 AM
"Bahamutte spoke through you," she said. "He said this would all be over soon. But he couldn't say who wins. That's still down to us. And Ares..." She looks back at him. "He did something to Ares."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 05:17 AM
Yes, my vision said much the same thing. That this will be over soon.

Mortia looks genuinly concerned. He flys up into the air, and in a blink, crosses to Ares. He doesnt notice that his wing is fixed, nor has he noticed the sword or armor.

Ares, what did Bahamutte do to you? What could he?

Mortia lets out a small, nervous chuckle,

Your both gods...

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 05:33 AM
Greeny nudges the librarian and she gets to her feet. More as something to do, she rolls up the sleeping mat and tucks it away for further use. She then sits in a pew, distractedly stroking Greeny's head.

I shouldn't have expected him to say anything else, she thinks to herself.

Ares
2006-10-30, 05:35 AM
Ares sighs and if it's possible, buries his face deeper in his hands.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 05:37 AM
Right?

Mortia says, sensing that something is terribly wrong.

What happended in here?

He says, gesturing with the sword, and noticing it for the first time.

Wha... It feels like the scythe...

Ares
2006-10-30, 05:43 AM
Ares stands, and starts to make his way over to the librarian, and stops. He sighs, and turns instead for the door.

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 05:50 AM
"Greeny-"

"No. You go. I'll stay here." The librarian gets to her feet and chases after Ares, trying to catch him before he reaches the door.. The wolf, meanwhile, trots over to Mortia's side. "Things just got complicated," he sighs. "How are you feeling? Wing's looking a lot better."

"Ares?" the librarian asks warily.

Ares
2006-10-30, 05:53 AM
Ares turns and faces the librarian, trying to wipe several tears from his eyes.

"I'm sorry..."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 05:57 AM
Mortia looks shocked, his massive, leathery wings flex, and he turns to look over his shoulder, seeing the one that has been missing.

Greeny,

Mortia says, worry in his voice,

What is going on here? What just happened? Why am I in armor, and why does Ares look... well... Diminished.

Mortia begins looking around on the armor, and finding a buckle, begins to undo it.

Can you help me get out of this?

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 05:57 AM
"I just... I didn't want you to get hurt. I guess we can't avoid that now." She hangs her head, closing her eyes for a moment and hoping the stinging will go away. She looks up, and her eyes are glassy. "What did you see?" she asks him.

"Leave the armour alone!" Greeny suddenly barks. "So help me I'll bite you if you don't. We're under divine orders here." He looks at Libris and Ares and lowers his voice again. "Ares has become mortal in order to join us for this fight. The librarian's been begging him not to, but it looked like it was the only way. Then there's the whole mess you stirred up before... it didn't go away." he sighs and his tail drags lifelessly behind him.

Ares
2006-10-30, 06:00 AM
Ares walks over to the librarian, and embraces her.

"I know where they are..."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 06:06 AM
Mortia's attention suddnely gets ripped away from what he is doing.

You... know where THEY are? Them.

Mortia takes a couple of steps towards Ares, excitement in his face.

Dont fool with me on this Ares, its a verry sensitive subject...

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 06:07 AM
"... this is it, isn't it? We're ready to face them. As ready as we can be, anyway." She rests her head on his shoulder for a few moments before turning to look at the mayor.

Greeny returns to the librarian's side.

Ares
2006-10-30, 06:08 AM
"I believe so."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 06:10 AM
Mortia seems ready to burst out of his skin, he seems younger, less aged by stress and heartache.

Well, lets get me out of this armor and go get them! We have to stop them soon! Theres no time to waste!

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 06:13 AM
"No." A very paladin-esque tone has returned to her voice as she speaks to Mortia. "You are not to remove that armour, understand?"

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 06:20 AM
Mortia flinches back, never hearing that voice come from Libris before. At least, not directed at him.

What?

He pauses for a moment, then continues.

I cant wear it. I am too limited. Besides, my scales are more than enough for what ever comes our way, or have you forgotten.

He smiles, a fang filled smile, but those who know him know it to be friendly.

Stop playing and help me. I cant reach the buckles.

He twists in a circle, reaching for the strap, and winds up looking like nothing more than a dog chasing his tail.

Be it, a twelve foot tall dog with wings...

The_Librarian
2006-10-30, 06:28 AM
"You know, if he does that enough, he'll probably just get dizzy and fall over. Uh... not that I've tried."

"No." The librarian tries to catch Mortia's hand. "Don't argue with me on this. The armour stays on."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-10-30, 06:50 AM
Mortia stops spinning, a stupid, dizzy grin on his face. He turns to look at libris, and seeing the look in her eye, decides not to argue the point any.

Fine. I can get it off later.

He seems to somber up some, his shoulders seem to hunch again, and he seems more serious.

We will need suplies. Food, water, and the things to carry them in. Let me go and get those things. Greeny? care to tag along?

((if you like, you can NPC me and greeny going to get suplies, or just assume that I go and do it. Gotta go soon.))

Ares
2006-10-30, 07:12 AM
Ares turns from the librarian, and looks to the door.

npc4hire
2006-10-30, 07:54 AM
((Please ignore the sig, this is still the librarian and Greeny, not the rogue))

Greeny follows the mayor away to the mysterious supplies, while the librarian turns to Ares, unsure of what she can say at this present moment.

"Fancy some company?" she asks.

Ares
2006-10-30, 07:56 AM
Ares reaches for the librarian's hand.

"I love you."