10ft chain
Crowbar
Chalk
Fishhook and Fishing line (50ft)
Block and Tackle
Crowbar
Flint and Steel
Torch
10ft Pole (how a dwarf will carry this is an issue, do they collapse or unscrew? would this affect their effectiveness?)
Large Sacks
Small Steel Mirror
Smokesticks
Cloves of Garlic

Anything else? is there a complete list of the dungeon essentials. I seem to recall a "Utility Belt" list for 3.5 edition, that would probably work for 2nd. Again, I'm looking at mostly non-magical stuff.

I do have a Hewards Handy Haversack AND a pouch of accessability.

arrowhen
2010-11-18, 12:36 AM
Hammer and pitons.

Cruiser1
2010-11-18, 01:10 AM
Visit http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#adventuringGear to see if there's any other Adventuring Gear you want to pick up. A few additions to consider:

If you're going to be in the dungeon for a while: Trail rations, Waterskin, Bedroll
You might need to write something down: Parchment, Ink, Inkpen
And don't forget one of the most fun items ever: Caltrops :smallbiggrin:

Beelzebub1111
2010-11-18, 01:15 AM
Visit http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#adventuringGear to see if there's any other Adventuring Gear you want to pick up. A few additions to consider:

If you're going to be in the dungeon for a while: Trail rations, Waterskin, Bedroll
You might need to write something down: Parchment, Ink, Inkpen
And don't forget one of the most fun items ever: Caltrops :smallbiggrin:
I'm a cleric and have Create food and water, so rations won't be a problem.

The dungeon is Castle Greyhawk. The original one with all the gags.

Kislath
2010-11-18, 01:18 AM
Better make it 110 feet of rope and an eleven foot pole. Trust me on this.
Also, don't forget wolfsbane and holy water.

Halae
2010-11-18, 02:07 AM
Gt your DM to let you have a custom magic item that casts prestidigittion a certain number of timesd per day if you are not an arcane spellcaster.

No, I'm not kidding. does anybody realize how useful this thing is? prestidigitation can color items and objects but not creatures. Never deal with mimics unwarned ever again!

oh, and on the note of the eleven foot pole - there's a 12 foot collapsible pole in dungeonscape. even better.

Also, a rubber ball and manacles are ridiculously useful.

Volos
2010-11-18, 02:27 AM
Locks. Lots of locks. They can link chain together into a longer segements, hold doors closed with chain and whatnot, tie people up with chain... trust me, you need a good lock. Keeps the rogue busy if you buy a trick lock as well, keeps your pockets safe.

Beelzebub1111
2010-11-18, 09:50 AM
Anything Else? I mean, I'm still not sure. There's got to be something I'm missing.

dsmiles
2010-11-18, 09:53 AM
Carry some rope cut into about 5 foot sections, in case you need to tie somebody up. Also, marbles and caltrops. Lots of marbles and caltrops. Especially at low levels, these can make awesome improvised traps.

FelixG
2010-11-18, 09:56 AM
Sunrods are nice, they last alot longer than torches and provide more light

Dragon Elite
2010-11-18, 10:00 AM
Oil is the non-magical grease spell. USe it with marbles, then light people on fire.

Beelzebub1111
2010-11-18, 10:29 AM
Sunrods are nice, they last alot longer than torches and provide more light
Can't fight swarms or burn away deadly gasses with a sunrod

FelixG
2010-11-18, 10:42 AM
Can't fight swarms or burn away deadly gasses with a sunrod

I have never seen anyone burn away deadly gases with a torch 0.o natural gas maybe but exposing that to an open flame is generally never a good idea in the way your thinking..

And your a cleric! you can think up more interesting ways to maul swarms! or buy some other alchemical items... :P

Beelzebub1111
2010-11-18, 10:48 AM
I have never seen anyone burn away deadly gases with a torch 0.o natural gas maybe but exposing that to an open flame is generally never a good idea in the way your thinking..

And your a cleric! you can think up more interesting ways to maul swarms! or buy some other alchemical items... :P
We play second edition, it burns away couldkill. Also, a Cleric of Kord, All my spells make me fight in melee better.

Noneoyabizzness
2010-11-18, 10:51 AM
if using 3.5 dr/ a dagger belt of any variety of materials

FelixG
2010-11-18, 10:57 AM
We play second edition, it burns away couldkill. Also, a Cleric of Kord, All my spells make me fight in melee better.

You might consider adding [2E] into the title then so people know you are looking for edition specific advice :smallbiggrin:

Tyndmyr
2010-11-18, 12:37 PM
A folding stool or chair. Useful for getting a boost up, avoiding floor spikes/liquids, or sitting comfortably as your compatriots muck about on the ground.